Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2007, 02:40 AM   #61
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
Nothing on the retired players who have copies of themselves still currently playing?
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, in the latest version of the rosters there are no retired players besides Craig Biggio.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #62
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Actually I just noticed what you're talking about I think -- dupes of some weird players like Brad Eldred, Mike Fontenot, etc. are showing up on teams they weren't ever on. I'm going through and touching those up as good as I can, but I'm not sure how many guys are out there. I also saw Brian Lawrence. Really weird problem.

They're easy enough to find on rosters since they all have one year deals for $0, so I'm going through and removing them. Thanks for the heads up on that one!

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 12-04-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:00 AM   #63
frosticle
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, in the latest version of the rosters there are no retired players besides Craig Biggio.

I think he was asking about the retired players showing up in the game. I believe that they are the duplicates that you retired. Guys like Ryan Langerhans.
frosticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #64
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright guys -- I think I've pretty much recognized ways to elliminate all our known problems. I think I should be able to have a new version out with no duplicate players, up to date roster moves (including minor league FA's), and some other things here and there up tomorrow.

I've also toned down most of the young players who were reaching the majors too early or already (Deolis Guerra, Matt Harrison, etc. guys like that).
Old 12-05-2007, 01:48 AM   #65
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosticle View Post
I think he was asking about the retired players showing up in the game. I believe that they are the duplicates that you retired. Guys like Ryan Langerhans.
Thanks. Im not the best at putting what I am seeing into words, lol. All I know is that I saw a David Ortiz traded from the Red Sox and a David Ortiz among the retired players. Both looked like the same player.

Its a great set. Dont get me wrong. Great to hear an update will be out. And on my day off too
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #66
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully real Staff is include because I get to add it to my 1994 League and also Best of Teams to it and hope I don't get an error.
Why don't you wait intill friday to release it because we have one more day after today as of the Winter Meetings and also start date be 12-7-07?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #67
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright whew.

There was a bit more to do than I expected, as some of the players who have MLB stats from 05 and before but havent played since then for some reason had those stats marked as International League stats. Not sure why this happened but I re-imported those guys everywhere and fixed them all.

Going through and putting in MLB staffs, and then will release the next version, probably tonight.

Is there anyway to delete free agent coaches? I'm showing like 210 pages of them with no apparent way to delete them?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #68
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Cubby, I also went through and modified the park factors to match their three year average (2005-2007 based on stats from espn.com) and also the maximum attendance for each park (based on wikipedia). I'm not sure if I can just e-mail the parks.dat file or if there's more involved than that. I also have a spreadsheet that shows the three year averages for the park factors, in case you wanted to weight the years differently (I weighed them all equally). The only issue is that ESPN did not have the park factor splits, so I had to make the left and right batting average splits the same. PM me your e-mail addy if you're interested.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #69
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Is there anyway to delete free agent coaches? I'm showing like 210 pages of them with no apparent way to delete them?
I've been messing around with this, but no luck.
In theory I thought you could delete the coaches .dat file after you turned coaches off; but it's still a corrupted file until you put it back in.
Then I tried to delete the file while the league was open, and it just makes another one.

Thanks very much for sharing your rosters.
Now, lets hope Fukudome signs with the Cubbies today!
pbar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #70
brundog
Bat Boy

Download doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
I tried to download this and filefront just keeps redirecting me to the front page. Any ideas?
Yep. I've got the same problem.
brundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #71
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

There'll be a new file up pretty soon anyway so just wait it out, not sure what the problem is.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #72
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

ok.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 AM   #73
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright for anyone waiting on it, it's going up in two minutes.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #74
pbar25
Major Leagues

nice!

where was the file though? That first link to filefront doesn't have anything and the second link to allsim still reads 11/3/07?
thanks!

Last edited by pbar25; 12-07-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:38 AM   #75
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

http://files.filefront.com/CF2008+12.../fileinfo.html

Enjoy guys!

I've updated as to move as of an hour or so ago, including the MLB portion of the Rule V Draft (didn't do the minor league ones yet). MLB coaches/personnel are also in.

In addition, I knocked down ratings for a bunch of the prospects for current ratings so they aren't in the majors as quick.

Also waivers are off. I've noticed that when they're on, weird things happen. Feel free to turn them on, but do it at your own risk.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:59 AM   #76
pbar25
Major Leagues

dang. can't seem to download the file, keeps saying "Your download has failed. You have an invalid session set. Click here to try your download again."
Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #77
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

I'm currently getting the error:

"There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried..."

According to the page it's only been downloaded once, so it's probably something on FileFront's end.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #78
Mike Loves Baseball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

looks like i'm the one who got it!!

Its working fine for me - great work Cubbyfan, as always.

Thats not Champagne, thats real pain.

Humber Pilots 2010

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome....&sid=941814706
Mike Loves Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #79
gZusLuvsU15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I got it as well!

Yippee!!!
gZusLuvsU15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #80
frosticle