Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #381
JP Cooperstown
Minors (Rookie Ball)

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Last edited by JP Cooperstown; 04-02-2008 at 01:38 AM.
JP Cooperstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #382
mattdi02421
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is a new update still set for release? the roter is good as is, just haven't really heard anything.
mattdi02421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #383
Whiteydog95
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any news on the final update?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 AM   #384
Gavyl
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteydog95 View Post
Any news on the final update?
Want to know that too, I'm waiting for this update ...
Gavyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #385
tank222
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bueller?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #386
Whiteydog95
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Crickets Chirping
Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #387
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Back!

Does anyone know a site where I can get a list of Opening Day injuries to put in the set?
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #388
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I've updated all transactions to the current date along with Opening Day injuries. The season starts in the league on Opening Day with no ST.

I'm working on updating photos and then the roster set will be released. Should be pretty soon. Sorry for the lengthy delay, I seem to have crazy hectic months and then boring ones!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #389
clamel
All Star Starter

The Filefront link doesn´t work for me ???

Am I alone on this ??
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #390
thelastmccabe
Bat Boy

Thanks

Thanks a million Cubbyfan. These really make the game a lot more fun, and I'm sure this took forever. Your efforts are highly appreciated.
thelastmccabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #391
thelastmccabe
Bat Boy

Instructions

To sort of “give back,” I am going to post two sets of instructions for installing these. First, I put a quick, dirty, and concise version for people who have some idea of what they are doing. Below that, I put a much more comprehensive version geared towards people who know very little about computers. I know it looks long, but don’t worry, because it’s actually a really simple process. I just wanted to explain everything that might be a source of confusion.

<o:p></o:p>
I know that some more advanced people will think that having beginners extract to the desktop and then cut and paste (which I do in the 2<sup>nd</sup> version) is stupid. I did it that way because I help my parents and grandparents with their computers a lot, and based on that experience, I think this method would be the easiest for them to follow. It’s obviously debatable. I think this method also makes it easier to understand what’s going on.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Quick and Dirty Version.<o:p></o:p>
1) Download the latest versions of the images and rosters files.<o:p></o:p>
2) If you don’t have winrar or 7-zip, go download 7 zip at www.7-zip.org/download and install it.<o:p></o:p>
3) Extract the roster file into My documents/OOTP developments/OOTP baseball 8/data/saved_games. <o:p></o:p>
4) Extract the images file into My documents/OOTP developments/OOTP baseball 8/data/saved_games/Cubbyfan 2008 Rosters.lg/news/html. Say yes when it asks you if you want to overwrite. <o:p></o:p>
5) Start up OOTP Baseball 8 go to load saved game, and then load up Cubbyfan 2008 Rosters. Enjoy.<o:p></o:p>
Long and Comprehensive version:
1) Download the files. You can click on this link (found in Cubbyfans signature) to get the files you want.<o:p></o:p>

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire<o:p></o:p>
Use the handy “date” column to find and download the most recent versions of 1) the CubbyFan 2008 Rosters file and 2) the CubbyFan Images file. Right now these are CubbyFan 2008 Rosters 2-2-08.rar and CubbyFan Image 1-2-08.rar, but they will probably be changing soon. Save them to your desktop as “Cubbyfan Rosters” and “Cubbyfan images.” (If you don’t get a choice, don’t worry about it.)

2) Download 7-zip. As you may have noticed, the files you just got are RAR files. These are files that have been compressed and made smaller so that they are easier to upload and download. They are similar to .zip files, which you may have seen before. At any rate, your computer doesn’t come with the ability to decompress RAR files, so you need to download a simple, free program that can do it. The download page for that program is here Download. There are a bunch of different versions listed, but you want the one in uppermost, leftmost corner of the table. (That’s the one that is for 32 bit windows, not a beta, and of the .exe type.) Click on that and download it to your desktop.

3) Install 7-zip. Just double click that .exe file you downloaded and click install. Quick and easy.

4) Extract the rosters and images files. I promise you are almost done. On your desktop, find the file you downloaded earlier named “Cubbyfan rosters.rar” and right click on it. Hover over the 7-zip option, which will open up to reveal more choices. One of these will be “Extract here,” which you should left click on. After a short process, a folder named Cubbyfan 2008 Rosters.lg will appear on your desktop. Now find the “Cubbyfan images.rar” and do the same thing. A folder named images will appear on your desktop.

5) Move the images folder into the saved game folder. The Cubbyfan 2008 Roster.lg folder is actually a saved game for OOTP 8. Normally, the images folder lives inside it, but it was separated in order to make the download easier. Let’s reunite them. Right click on the images folder and select “cut.” Then open the Cubbyfan 2008 Rosters.lg folder. Next, open the “news” folder. Now open the “html” folder. (That’s Cubbyfan 2008 Rosters.lg/news/html). Finally, go to edit and then paste. It will ask you if you want to overwrite, and you should say yes.

6) Move the saved game file into the OOTPB saved game folder. You now have a saved game that is totally ready to do, and all you have to do is put it in the right place so that OOTP Baseball 2008 can find it. Go back to your desktop, and right click on the Cubbyfan 2008 Rosters.lg folder. Select cut. Go to My documents, then Out of the Park developments, then OOTP baseball 8, then data, then saved games. (That’s My documents/Out of the park developments/ootp baseball 8/data/saved games.) Go to edit and paste.

7) Start up OOTP Baseball 2008 and select Load saved game. Then just select Cubbyfan 2008 Rosters. You are done!!!! Nice job. <o:p></o:p>

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
thelastmccabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #392
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

My Fantasy Team using this file is

Starting OF-Matusi,Ichrio,Fukedome Bench OF will retire pretty soon Lofton,Bonds and Sosa also on the bench Guillen
1B Youklis and Connor Jackson
2B DeRosa and Mike Fontenot
SS Ryan Theriot and Hanley Ramirez
3B Evan Longroia and Chipper Jones
C Buck,Olivo and Varitek
Future Stars in the Minors Ronny Cedeno,Ellsbury,Ankiel,Chris Duncan,Soto and so on
The Marlins and Rays Starting Pitchers and Bullpens would be in the Minors with like Lester,Floyd,M.Rivera,Owings and any Starter who just lost one game so far this season on the active roster.

Last edited by mgom27; 05-30-2008 at 07:10 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #393
Vopat
Minors (Single A)

Is there CubbyFan roster that doesn't include a college baseball feeder league? Under all the CF rosters I can find include NCAA teams under available personnel.
Vopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #394
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Two steps forward, one step back!

Computer crashed this last weekend, it's going into DELL. How I love them.

File is pretty much updated and ready to release, so I'll be uploading it once it comes back (hopefully operational!).

Still trying to figure out how to clean up those "other" teams. Its a pain in the rear, I agree.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #395
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone been able to import this roster into v9? For some reason, the game sometimes crashes in the transition from 12/31 to 1/1. Sometimes it rolls over fine, sometimes it crashes, and I can't find any pattern to it. Is it just me?

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #396
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

To be honest I would wait a bit for a new release based off of Erich's set. The old one had a LOT of bugs and issues although I loved the overall set.

Up to you though.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #397
phill1es
Bat Boy

So you're not putting out another release or you just want us to wait for the Erich guys??

Last edited by phill1es; 06-24-2008 at 06:39 PM.
phill1es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #398
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

So is this roster set not being worked on anymore? Cause I can't get the link in the first post to work. It just takes me to the FileFront homepage.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote