Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

CubbyFan's 2008 Roster Set Release (link inside)

NOTE: I FORGOT TO ALLOW CPU CHANGES! PLEASE GO TO LEAGUE SETUP, AND THEN CLICK ON THE INDIVIDUAL LEAGUES, HIT FUNCTIONS, AND THEN "SET ALL COMPUTER-CONTROLLED TEAMS TO ALLOW AI ROSTER CHANGES!" IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, PLAYERS WILL VANISH!

http://files.filefront.com/CF+2008+R.../fileinfo.html

What I've done is combined the 2008 MLB players (everyone with stats from 08) along with the minor leagues from our 2007 set. Some of the players in the minors might have switched squads, I'll be trying to fix that in a later release. All of the free agents are accurate, contracts are accurate, and player movement among the MLB rosters are accurate as well. I've also made movements with any minor league players which were dealt in trades (ie. Gorkys Hernandez, Jurrjiens, etc.)

What IS done in this set:
- Everyone from 2007 is in there with stats, everyone with stats in a MLB game on the 40-man roster is in there as well.
- Imported the minor leagues from the 2007 CF/HB set.
- Proper pitch speeds/pitches thrown for all MLB pitchers.
- Salaries are all correct.
- Updated player pictures for moved players in the 2007 season (guys like Kendall, Barrett, etc.) or call ups in their MLB photos (guys like Justin Upton, Adam Jones, etc.) are all included with the set, along with the usual logos.
- Player numbers are correct! This is a first that I've done this, so number guys out there rejoice. :P
- Added incoming Japanese free agents (Fukuodome, Saito, etc.)

Things to do still:
- More detailed stadium information.
- Coaches.
- Tweak player ratings.
- Minor league player movement from 2007 to 2008.
- I didn't import history in this set, that might be down the line.
- Could use some help on uni's (Icy where are you! ).

Here's some problems I've noticed that I need the community's help with:

-- I tried to catch all potential duplicate players, but there are still some left I'm sure, since some of them played in 2007 and were created with the major league set, and some were in the minor leagues that were imported and I didn't catch them. Again, I went through and tried to delete all the ones I saw, but I'm sure there's some I didn't catch. Bohn actually may be one of them.
-- Ratings weren't heavily tweaked, I mainly based them off 2007 performances, with a few exceptions (Andruw Jones, Vernon Wells type players). We'll go back and do these later.
-- There's still some of the minor leaguers that have birthdates off by a year. Not much we can do here, oh well I suppose.
-- I actually increased the average salaries to make it a little more "MLB realistic" with A-Rod asking for 25M, Bonds around 20M, Silva around 9, etc. etc. Most of these are making the demands very accurate, but there's a few outliers like Mike Lowell for 19.5M, or Andruw for 20M. Not sure if there's much to be done about this.

Those are the only gamebreakers (if you can call them that) that I'm seeing so far.

Please remember, this is a VERY rough set in terms of ratings and proper placement of players (probably the roughest to date) but it is VERY more functional than the previous ones because it's started from scratch basically. I'm hoping that in the next few weeks we can put a very polished set out there for you guys to have until next April rolls around.

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 11-02-2007 at 06:00 PM.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Whew, they're up!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
ScottZ
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks as always CubbyFan

(1st non-CubbyFan post!!)
Old 11-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Brife71
Major Leagues

This is nice I like it...but it again doesn't have the real history and leader boards...so I decided I would try to import the players into the game. (Yeah I'm crazy). But when I went to do it, it appears that you cannot get the players correct ages. It will not seem to let me pick a year later than 1948 for players birthdays. Does anyone know if there is a way to pick any year so I can get the players imported?
Brife71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

The main reason I didn't import history was I was doing half of this on a REALLY old computer and it was making it so slow.

Now that I'm on my laptop, I'll see if I can switch some things around and get imported history to work.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
Brife71
Major Leagues

I was in no way criticizing you I thank you for all the hard work you put in to these. I doubt most people are as anal about things as I am, and it is hard for me to play a league w/o the history. That is why I was going to start to work on importing players, when I came across the birth date thing.

If you get to do that great if not maybe someone can tell me how to go about it and I can give it a try
Brife71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:50 AM   #7
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Nice work, CF!

I've also posted the "Allow AI Roster moves" corrected version here for download...

Cubbyfan's 2008 Roster Set

Enjoy!

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
Tony M
Global Moderator

The Sea Dogs appear to be affiliated to the Padres rather than the Red Sox...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #9
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Good stuff- I'm having a look at the set now. There are three Bryan Bullingtons, one retired, two active.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxford View Post
The Sea Dogs appear to be affiliated to the Padres rather than the Red Sox...
Good catch!

Its that darn two Portland teams *shakes fists*

And thanks montoya!

So are you trying to say that 3 Bryan Bullington's is a bit too much?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
pseudofool
Minors (Triple A)

I've noticed that since the set starts in Jan of 08, the Free Agents sign very quickly and for much less than they are demanding. Like 10 of millions less. I'm not sure if it's possible to allow the set to start right before Arbitration (allowing teams to resign players)?

I appreciate the work! And am having fun regardless...
pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #12
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Played a full season with the set- can post results here if anyone's interested. It plays well, no crashes (haven't tried turning scouting on), and most of the stats look good. Power seems a touch low- only Prince Fielder, Ryan Howard and Carlos Pena finished over 40 HRs, with Howard and Pena tied for the ML lead with 45.

There are a few oddities-

-some prospects hit the majors sooner than they should, or perform better than they should (Gaby Sanchez and Nolan Reimold are ROY candidates, for example, Drew Sutton was Houston's starting 2B, Antoan Richardson and Emmanuel Burriss both made SF's opening day lineup, Jon Niese won 16 games for the Mets, Erik Cordier was Atlanta's third starter for the whole season and he'll be coming back from TJ surgery next year- and none of these guys played above AA this year). There were a few others who I'm surely forgetting.

-there are a few strange players in the set- guys on top 10 prospect lists, or even guys in Major League starting rotations, who don't appear to be in organized baseball in real life. Drew Shetrone (in real life, a 33rd round pick of the Rockies in 2006, pitched in Rookie ball in 2006, didn't pitch anywhere in 2007) was a mainstay of the Rockies' big league rotation in my sim, and even if he was terrible (8-18/5.22), that's a pretty big leap from Rookie ball. The Pirates top 10 prospects also had guys on it like Issael Gonzalez, who didn't play anywhere this year as far as I can tell, and half the guys on their top 10 list were non-prospects.

-the Japanese imports are fun, but I'm guessing there are more in the set than there will be in real life. Kazumi Saitoh signed with the Phillies and led the NL in wins, for example (18-7/2.96)- and he's not likely to see the Majors before 2009.

-there are duplicates of Dan/Daniel Barone (one with each name) and of Pete LaForest.

In any case, despite the minor issues, it's a great set! Thanks.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #13
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Michael Ekstrom and Tobi Stoner were two other guys who came on too fast- Ekstrom pitched the whole season in the bigs, and Stoner was one of the Mets' playoff starters.

My ALDS was almost like real life '07: Cleveland v New York, and Boston v Anaheim; Cleveland and Boston won. Cleveland went to the Series, and lost to San Diego. There was an absurd parity in the AL- the best team (Cleveland) had a .543 WPCT, while the worst (the White Sox) had a .432 WPCT (so it seems almost random that this year's playoff teams made it through in my sim). Milwaukee were the best in the Majors, at .580.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #14
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
Played a full season with the set- can post results here if anyone's interested. It plays well, no crashes (haven't tried turning scouting on), and most of the stats look good. Power seems a touch low- only Prince Fielder, Ryan Howard and Carlos Pena finished over 40 HRs, with Howard and Pena tied for the ML lead with 45.

There are a few oddities-

-some prospects hit the majors sooner than they should, or perform better than they should (Gaby Sanchez and Nolan Reimold are ROY candidates, for example, Drew Sutton was Houston's starting 2B, Antoan Richardson and Emmanuel Burriss both made SF's opening day lineup, Jon Niese won 16 games for the Mets, Erik Cordier was Atlanta's third starter for the whole season and he'll be coming back from TJ surgery next year- and none of these guys played above AA this year). There were a few others who I'm surely forgetting.

-there are a few strange players in the set- guys on top 10 prospect lists, or even guys in Major League starting rotations, who don't appear to be in organized baseball in real life. Drew Shetrone (in real life, a 33rd round pick of the Rockies in 2006, pitched in Rookie ball in 2006, didn't pitch anywhere in 2007) was a mainstay of the Rockies' big league rotation in my sim, and even if he was terrible (8-18/5.22), that's a pretty big leap from Rookie ball. The Pirates top 10 prospects also had guys on it like Issael Gonzalez, who didn't play anywhere this year as far as I can tell, and half the guys on their top 10 list were non-prospects.

-the Japanese imports are fun, but I'm guessing there are more in the set than there will be in real life. Kazumi Saitoh signed with the Phillies and led the NL in wins, for example (18-7/2.96)- and he's not likely to see the Majors before 2009.

-there are duplicates of Dan/Daniel Barone (one with each name) and of Pete LaForest.

In any case, despite the minor issues, it's a great set! Thanks.
Agreed with all of those, touching up prospects is the one thing I'm looking at for the next release. The 5 Japanese imports all have a pretty good shot at going pro this year, Saitoh has an opt out clause in his contract that is going to allow him to jump this year.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #15
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Put the start date to today or 15 days after the World Series ended that would help. I'm going to do that.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:24 AM   #16
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Interesting on Saitoh- I guess I was reading some out-of-date info. Matt Kata is another guy in duplicate.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #17
injury log
Hall Of Famer

I've also noticed that the Appy, AZL, GCL and NY Penn leagues only have 2-game long schedules. Those are *really* short season leagues.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:55 AM   #18
Underlined.i
Minors (Double A)

How can I import history myself if I am too impatient to wait for the next release? haha

Also I just noticed that Franklin Gutierrez of the Indians is showing as retired for some reason.

Great work as always
Underlined.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:17 AM   #19
Vizquel13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tribe fan here...the roster looks fantastic, but I noticed a couple problems:

1. Paul Byrd is a free agent. Yes, there is a team option on him, and it hasn't been picked up yet, but I think most Tribe fans assume that it will be picked up. Plus, Fultz has a team option as well, but he's on the roster. Is there a way to assign Byrd to Cleveland on a one year, $8 million deal?

2. A couple of the players seem really overrated. Adam Miller is a four star player, but he's really just a big time prospect who might end up as a reliever. Also, Jason Stanford is nothing more than a 1.5-star player/depth starter, but he's a 3.5 in this set.

3. A couple of these moves just happened in the last day, but Rivas and Matt Miller were outrighted, making them free agents. Is it possible to edit their contracts? Neither of them were "guaranteed" any money, but they already have guaranteed one year deals in this set, and that obviously changes the budget (since they will be making zero 2008 dollars from the Indians IRL).

The set looks great, though...thanks.

Is it possible for me to manually edit the attributes in this set before beginning my dynasty? Sorry if this is really obvious...I'm a bit of a OOTP2K7 newb.
Vizquel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #20
injury log
Hall Of Famer

You can edit whatever you like- contracts, ratings, etc- just go to Manager menu --> Options and turn on Commissioner mode. When you then open a player profile, you'll see an Editor tab in the top right. Click that and edit away.

If you do a lot of edits, you'll probably want to save a backup before you start simming ahead so you can re-start at any time from your newly rated set. You could save the game as a quickstart, or otherwise make a backup.