Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #81
JesseTerry
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underlined.i View Post
We need to get you selling some late night miracles on a paid advertisement.
Seriously, I kinda feel like Cubby puts out this roster in all its finery, and its like Jordan's hand-switching lay-up.

Now this financials/history, coaches update, and I just feel like it's Jordan hitting all those threes against Portland and him holding his arms out and shaking his head, because honestly, I'm shocked that this kinda of update could come this fast.

That's how good Cubby seems to be with this stuff. Kudos for your dedication Cubby, we're all in awe.
JesseTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #82
ScottZ
Minors (Triple A)

I noticed you have a VERY large draft class in year 1 ...over 60 rounds. Any reason for that. I ran that draft class in my test then pulled it back to a 25 round draft. I am using a 48-team college and 64-team high school feeder league to supply my draft.

FYI, FANTASTIC results on my testing. I pause and review every once in a while. Through 20 seasons, 1 additional Red Sox Championship and NONE for the yankees.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #83
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I'm about to test this new setup but I THINK it looks okay. Financials are all okay too now (except for Seattle, oh well).

Figured out the problem is that once a team releases a guy, his salary stays on the payroll and there's NO way to edit it off. So when I was messing around with the roster setup, the Mariners released Washburn and were on the hook for 49M this year. Hurrah.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #84
AD31
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Working on an update now to add history/fix cash situations/fix coaches. I think I might be able to have it out tonight or tomorrow if I don't experience any holdups/glitches with the way I aligned things.
So, did you even have the chance to study for those two tests today?
AD31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 AM   #85
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

88 on one, 95 on the other, and still had time to run three miles.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #86
Blaksox1919
Minors (Double A)

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...the file that you are referring to that fixes financials. is that the latest posted file in you sig, or are you still working on it and waiting to post?
Blaksox1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #87
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Still testing some stuff first. I'll post in here when its ready.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:42 AM   #88
Blaksox1919
Minors (Double A)

Sounds great, thanks for the response.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 AM   #89
miadchi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
88 on one, 95 on the other, and still had time to run three miles.
You're like a superhero!

Thanks for the great work Cubby...so far everything looks great, and I know it's only going to get better!

miadchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #90
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright nothing tonight, things are a little more complicated... but I think I SHOULD still be able to fix this somehow.

More info tomorrow!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 AM   #91
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudofool View Post
I'd really love to see a semi-close FaceGen pack of MLB players. I think the photos look awkward compared to the facegen, so I've been hitting "new picture" until i get a picture that at least looks like the real MLBer...
I know that in the full version of the FaceGen software, there is a function that allows you to use an existing photo to create a "FaceGen" rendering. I'm not sure how exactly the software is incorporated into OOTP, but maybe Markus could get the license for the face-recognition tool for OOTP '08
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #92
BravesKing2005
Bat Boy

Cubby,

Sorry if this has been already mentioned, but I was wondering if you noticed that when you become a manager of a team the photopack does not seem to work. The package worked fine for other teams and the free agents, but the players on my team (Braves) do not have their pictures appearing.

Thanks for everything!!!
BravesKing2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #93
Blaksox1919
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for all you have done so far, and I'll check back tomorrow then so I can go spend some time with the file tonight (just got home from work and downloaded it)
Old 06-27-2007, 01:08 AM   #94
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

While I'm passing out -- here's the problem we have with this workaround.

I thought perhaps we could import a historical league in the existing universe, move the players all over to the new league (with history), associate minor league teams, delete the old ML league, and go from there.

This looks like it should work BUT, since you can only import a 2006 historical league and not a 2007 one, this sets your date as 1/1/2006 instead of 1/1/2007.

Does anyone know if you can edit any of the data files to make the current date 1/1/2007 instead of 2006?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #95
haveband
All Star Reserve

Wow i go away for one day house hunting and to a baseball game and theres a billion posts here . I'll try and help with the issues as well

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:41 AM   #96
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

the workaround I had in mind worked!

So here's what we'll have in the next release, I have it pretty much ready, just have to edit a few things in it. Financials and coaches are both fixed, and we have full history now as well. The only bad news is that history is a bit screwy, as we don't have history from 2006, and players pages will NOT update for 2005 and earlier.

ie. Barry Bonds player page will update with 2006 and beyond stats and info if you click on the 2007-2008-2009-whatever San Francisco Giants team pages, but you won't get updated stats from past 2005 if you click on the 2005 Giants. This is because to do all of this, I re-imported another historical league, and had to delete all of the players who were on the older player cards to replace them with our current ones. Unfortunately OOTP does not link the two players (who are the same name) together on these screens.

That was really confusing, but you guys will get a better idea of what I mean tomorrow. Either way though, you still have history now and besides this one glitch it works perfectly.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 AM   #97
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I've loaded it and it crashes for me constantly. I don't understand. And in my particular case, I actually created a league off of yours in order to start my new league so I could include the country I created in it.

But it still doesn't work. So I'll try some other things.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:02 AM   #98
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL10WC View Post
It's wierd. We still can't trade. I was trying to do a deal with Kansas City just to try things out for fun. I offered Miguel Tejada for Alex Gordon and I put tons of money to give the Royals to even things out and it said that Baltimore couldn't afford it.

Then I just reduced it to try to get a reaction from the other GM. I went all the way down to $1 and it still said the Orioles couldn't afford it.

Then I would take the dollar away and it would say KC can't afford the contracts. Kinda screwy. Should I just wait for the updated roster?

Thanks for all of your hard work Cubby! You are the only Cubs fan I have ever liked.
I think there'll be problems with trading if every team has a negative Projected Budget, even if each team has tons of cash. I think things work like this, though I'm going to test today and post to Tech Support if I'm right:

In deals where a team is receiving ML contracts, if the team's budget will be negative after the trade, the game won't allow the trade, even if the trade will reduce the team's deficit. Adding cash won't make a difference, because Projected Budget Room is the team's Budget minus Payroll; cash isn't factored in. Cash does count when you sign FAs, etc.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #99
STL10WC
Minors (Triple A)

Interesting.

I wonder if the financials can be fixed to include a positive projected budget? Trading is a key to any game, so I would think this could be fixed, but would it screw things up in the future?

Last edited by STL10WC; 06-27-2007 at 08:02 AM.
STL10WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #100
myasu
All Star Starter

Well, I just had like 8 years sim (All Computer Contrroled) using the Ver.2 roster set.

The game crashes everytime I try to see the STATS page under the MLB menu....

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote