Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #41
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan34 View Post
Keeps crashing every time I want to create a mananger. Theres like MLB and MLB22 leagues or something..its weird. Hang on and I'll post a screen.

*EDIT* Added screen
How odd.

Choose the first one and you should be fine, I just tried it. Don't select a team in Major League Baseball22, but just in Major League Baseball. Just tried it and got hired with the Yankees without crash.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #42
gZusLuvsU15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cubby, should we still be in the red as far as "Proj. Budget Room" is concerned? I'm using your latest update.
gZusLuvsU15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #43
STL10WC
Minors (Triple A)

Cubby -

I did all kinds of mods to the first file and really, really don't want to do it again (photo packs, stadiums, facegen stuff, etc.) can you take us through how you would edit it manually to allow the trades / free agency stuff in 2007?

Thanks a million, great set!
STL10WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #44
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
How odd.

Choose the first one and you should be fine, I just tried it. Don't select a team in Major League Baseball22, but just in Major League Baseball. Just tried it and got hired with the Yankees without crash.
Nope it keeps crashing. I changed some settings, but I don't see why that would affect this. I added waivers, changed aging speed, and implemented full scouting. I don't get what's wrong...

*EDIT*
Yeah I even tried without changing settings...something must be wrong. This sucks, I was really, really looking forward to this.

*EDIT* v2.0
Ok it works now...I had to make changes after I created the mgr...blah.

Last edited by soxfan34; 06-26-2007 at 06:12 PM.
soxfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #45
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

gZusLuvsU15 -- you should be out of it. Are you not? It will still list you as in the red on "Proj. Budget Room" HOWEVER, that's before you add in your available cash, which should push you over the midway point into the black. You can check this on the "Front Office" screen, in the bottom right where it says "The financial situation for your team is secure. You have XX dollars etc."

STL10WC -- and anyone else who downloaded the first release and want to fix things, no problem, its not too difficult. Simply go to each team's front office screen, and check the "Proj. Budget Room" on the left hand column (it will probably be in red as it is negative). Hit the "edit financials" button right below that. You're going to want to add more cash (add in the cash field on the left hand side, about 3/4 of the way down) so that it is MORE than what that Projected Budget Room was in the red. So let's say Atlanta is 35M in the red. You would go to Edit Financials, and add 40M in cash. This cash does not carry over to 2008, so you won't have to do anything after this year.

Also go through on the Game, Game Setup, League Setup menu, click on each league's name, and hit "Functions," and then "Set all computer-controlled teams to allow AI roster changes." Make sure you do this for EVERY league or you could have problems. This is only if you haven't downloaded my latest release though in which I fixed all of these problems.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #46
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan34 View Post
Nope it keeps crashing. I changed some settings, but I don't see why that would affect this. I added waivers, changed aging speed, and implemented full scouting. I don't get what's wrong...
Really odd.

To try and replicate, this I go to Game, Add/Edit Human Manager. There's already one guy on there (commish) who is "Howard Woolfolk." I hit the "add another manager" button, type in my name and birthdate, and then hit the select team dropdown box. I choose my team in the "Major League Baseball" league (not "Major League Baseball22), and hit OK. It then auto-scouts and takes me back to my previous screen.

Is that the exact steps you're taking?

EDIT: The wierdest part is that even if I choose to be manager of this random "Major League Baseball22" league it still doesn't crash my game.

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 06-26-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #47
STL10WC
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks, Cubby. I guess I will sacrifice doing all of that other stuff again to make sure I have things right...

Will that bring back free agents?
STL10WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #48
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL10WC View Post
Thanks, Cubby. I guess I will sacrifice doing all of that other stuff again to make sure I have things right...

Will that bring back free agents?
Well like I said, you CAN do all of that stuff yourself. Those are the exact steps I took, so if you do the same on your file, you should end up with the same roster that I just put out as a "fixed" one. If you mean FA's initially (guys like Sandy Alomar Jr., Mike Remlinger, etc.) I'm adding those in now and I should have a set out with a FA pool by tomorrow. Just wasn't enough time for the first release.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #49
primetime13
Bat Boy

Hey thanks for your work but I just downloaded your latest update and I still cant do any trades. When i try to do a trade even with minor league players it always says the team cannot afford their contract even tho its a minor league contract. Thanks again for your hard work.
primetime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #50
soxfan34
Major Leagues

*EDIT*
No more pouting! Great job Cubby!

Last edited by soxfan34; 06-26-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #51
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime13 View Post
Hey thanks for your work but I just downloaded your latest update and I still cant do any trades. When i try to do a trade even with minor league players it always says the team cannot afford their contract even tho its a minor league contract. Thanks again for your hard work.
For now until we can get this to Markus to fix, you'll have to make the sides equal with money. The nice part however I suppose is that you DO have a ton of cash at your disposal, so if you're dealing a guy who makes 4M for a guy who makes 8M, offer your player and 4M in cash. I would think that should work.

Sorry about the bugs guys, it is a beta after all.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #52
Underlined.i
Minors (Double A)

downloading this beast right now
Underlined.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #53
gZusLuvsU15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here's another download link for the latest update:

http://www.agapegames.com/ootp/CFhb_v1.1.zip
Old 06-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #54
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Just downloaded the set, and I have to say that I'm blown away. My hat is off to you guys. You covered a large range of players. Using PECOTA as a rating base was a good idea, too - - looking in the editor, most players line up for projected results very similar to how they should perform. I'll let ya'll know if I run into any glaring rating adjustments or errors, but for now...good job and thanks!
MidKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #55
gZusLuvsU15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
For now until we can get this to Markus to fix, you'll have to make the sides equal with money. The nice part however I suppose is that you DO have a ton of cash at your disposal, so if you're dealing a guy who makes 4M for a guy who makes 8M, offer your player and 4M in cash. I would think that should work.

Sorry about the bugs guys, it is a beta after all.
You shouldn't be sorry! Isn't this what the majority of people wanted? A not so perfect set so we can skim through it and help find the errors?

As far as the trading, what if we were the commissioner and changed each team's finances so that they were in the black?

Also, I'm trying to offer the A's a trade, Cameron Maybin for some bum prospect, they said that they would "think" about it and answer shortly? Shouldn't that kind of offer merit a "HECK YEAH I'll take it now you chump!!" and give me the option to "Complete Trade"? Or does this have to do with the financial problem?
Old 06-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #56
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Yeah Cubby this is a great set...it's also a great base to work off of with the "community rosters"

I think everyone should try to do a little bit then we can have an ultimate set.

Also, who cares if it's halfway through the season? Most people are done simming the 2007 season within a week lol.

Keep up the good work Cubby
Old 06-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #57
Tony M
Global Moderator

Well done Cubby and the other helpers. Cheers Muz for the heads up. I'm just going to see if I can eradicate the Pulaski Blue Jays from the game - I've also noticed a lot of the message fields in the teams are full of roster movements - I'm not sure where they are displayed in the game, but deleting the strings back to zero length brings teams.dat down to just over 3Mb from its current 11.5Mb

I've deleted Pulaski from my game and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #58
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I think I've figured out a workaround to get history in, financials fixed, and coaches fixed in one fell swoop. Beat that. :P
Old 06-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #59
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxford View Post
Well done Cubby and the other helpers. Cheers Muz for the heads up. I'm just going to see if I can eradicate the Pulaski Blue Jays from the game - I've also noticed a lot of the message fields in the teams are full of roster movements - I'm not sure where they are displayed in the game, but deleting the strings back to zero length brings teams.dat down to just over 3Mb from its current 11.5Mb

I've deleted Pulaski from my game and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.
The only problem I can notice is that without Pulaski, that league has an uneven amount of teams, could cause scheduling problems. We might have to either leave Pulaski in as a "dummy" team, or delete Pulaski as well as another.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #60
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
The only problem I can notice is that without Pulaski, that league has an uneven amount of teams, could cause scheduling problems. We might have to either leave Pulaski in as a "dummy" team, or delete Pulaski as well as another.
Oh, I haven't got that far through yet... I thought they were a team that shouldn't be there. I'll start again with my last backup then.

Must have misread your earlier comments about them.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote