Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #21
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright hang on downloading, reuploading a new fixed version.

I knew something would happen.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #22
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Almost forgot, someone wanted installation instructions. Just download this file, open it up with winzip, select all files, and then unzip to Sports Interactive/data/saved games/

That should automatically create a folder for your league, and you can go into the game and open it right up.
And on a Mac...

-download file;
-double-click on the file (you should already have an unzip utility);
-wait a couple of minutes;
-drag the newly created folder MLB07_v3.lg to your saved games folder (in OOTP 2007 --> data --> saved games);
-launch OOTP and load saved game.

About to try it out- awesome stuff Cubby, hb, and everyone else!
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #23
Powderguy
All Star Reserve

LOL!! I was simming to ST and 4 days into the sim, Emil Brown of the Royals suffered a career ending injury while punching a wall in a fight with his girlfriend!!
Powderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #24
Powderguy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Alright hang on downloading, reuploading a new fixed version.

I knew something would happen.

Wheww, glad I caught this post b4 i did anything else.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #25
ukslamjam
Minors (Double A)

Great job guys. The work you have put in this is amazing!!!
ukslamjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #26
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright here's a fixed file:

http://files.filefront.com/CFhb+v11z.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 06-26-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #27
Powderguy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
what exactly was fixed?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #28
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Well when one of the leagues has the computer disabled from making moves, if you hit "computer automanage" your players disappear.

If you guys already started a league though with the earlier zip file, you can fix this by just going through each league, clicking on the league name, then clicking function, and allow computer to make moves (or something like that) and your players will come back.

The weird part is you have to do it for EVERY league. Simply doing that for MLB isn't enough.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #29
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Whew, just woke up after a long night of roster-tweaking. (Luckily, I have the week off!)

For those who are curious as to what I've been working on, go to a player's profile screen and then to his History. There's a little bit of extra biographical information, including his full name, where he currently lives, college/high school attended, any relatives that play or played in the league (cross-linked to their profiles if they're still in the league), and his agent.

My hope in including this info is that it will eventually inspire new features in future versions of the game. (I'll post details on this later )

A few things to keep in mind...

The Bad:
-We only did major leaguers for this release
-There are still a hundred or so major leaguers who we didn't get to yet
-I know a LOT of the information is inaccurate, especially "Current Home"

The Good:
-We should eventually get to ALL players in the Majors and Minors
-Eventually, once they're included as a feeder league, colleges will be cross-linked (and maybe even high schools too)
-I also hope to get their actual "history" (transactions, injuries, awards, etc.) included with their bios

One caveat if you are planning on starting a dynasty or an online league using this set. Anything that gets added to the Player History section, either manually or by the game, will be overwritten when you download a new version of the set. So whenever the next version is released, remember to back up any of this information that you wish to keep.

To find this info, look in the following folder:
"../OOTP Baseball 2007/data/saved_games/(yourleaguename).lg/news/txt/players/"

Finally, I want to thank Brife71, MacGyver, cameron, and Underlined.i for their help with this project. There's no way I could've done it without you guys! Also, I'd like to thank redsoxford for his Editor/Importer. This utility is an absolute godsend. And of course, a big thank you to CubbyFan23 for letting me contribute on this roster set!

Now keep in mind that we're far from finished on this thing. Only about 1/10 of the players in this set have bios, not to mention the extra info we want to include. So there's still tons of work left to be done.

Several people who weren't able to get in on the first release have already volunteered their time on the upcoming release. But I still need more help. So if you can sacrifice just a few hours, I'd really appreciate your assistance. Perhaps if we can get everyone who uses this set to just volunteer ONE hour of their time, we could really get a lot accomplished.

I believe Cubby and I share the same vision for this set. He referred to it at the top of this thread as the "OOTP Community Roster Set". And that's what I've wanted to see all along, a roster set that the entire OOTP community is involved in. If everyone is willing to chip in, I predict this will go down as the roster set to end all roster sets.

So please PM me if you'd like to help out.

And in the meantime... Enjoy!
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #30
pseudofool
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
FINANCIALS! Are really really wierd. All the teams apparently were killed in 2006 (or so says the set) so that this year's financials are way off. You can solve this in one of two ways when you play. I set available cash to $0, so the problem will be gone by the time 2008 rolls around.
Do we need to edit the cash maximum back up for 2008? And it is the "cash maximum" that you set to zero?
pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #31
pseudofool
Minors (Triple A)

I noticed something strange; so far I've only seen it on the Minnesota Twins hitters, but the stats for 2005 and 2006 are reversed on the player profile where it says "The Past 3 years". I'd imagine this would effect the results since the AI might use 2005, as "last year" than as "two years ago".

However, if I go to the Career stats screen the years lineup correctly. ::Shrugs::
pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #32
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudofool View Post
Do we need to edit the cash maximum back up for 2008? And it is the "cash maximum" that you set to zero?
Yep, you can if you want to. I use about 5M I think for Cash Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudofool View Post
I noticed something strange; so far I've only seen it on the Minnesota Twins hitters, but the stats for 2005 and 2006 are reversed on the player profile where it says "The Past 3 years". I'd imagine this would effect the results since the AI might use 2005, as "last year" than as "two years ago".

However, if I go to the Career stats screen the years lineup correctly. ::Shrugs::
Yeah this is a weird problem that I've had for a LONG time in OOTP07, still hasn't been fixed for some reason.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #33
TartanMetsFan
Bat Boy

First off, brilliant roster set, amazing work by all involved

I have a couple of questions, which are probably incredibly stupid ones.....

1) There are no Free Agents at the start of the game?

2) How do i fix this financials thing? because of it its pretty much impossible to make trades as other teams cant afford salary?

Ive read the above, but cant see where i need to edit "maximum cash".

Although im a Mets fan, i also have a soft sport for the Rays, so i started my game in Tampa, but they estimated budget for next year is minus £65million........

Cheers all from Scotland
TartanMetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #34
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

AHHHH.

I just noticed I forgot to change the maximum cash.

Okay if you downloaded this second one, please set maximum cash (league setup) to 0 for the first year. Fixing it... AGAIN.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #35
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Woohoo!

Figured out a workaround for financials. I think I can set maximum cash to $5M, but then give teams MORE than that this year to push them into the black.

Hopefully this will be the last "fixed" file for tonight. Give me a few minutes to upload.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #36
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Game is shutting down when I create a new manager...
soxfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #37
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Financials are fixed so that you can sign/trade in 2007.

Please note that when you go to sign someone to an extension for 2007 (in 2007 only) the number that they tell you that you have available is going to be off because of the ridiculously high amount of cash you have. To figure out how much you have, take the number that it says on the extension screen minus the amount of cash your team has.

I just created a human manager fine, what problems are you having? Just a crash to desktop?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #38
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Quote:

Financials are fixed so that you can sign/trade in 2007.

Please note that when you go to sign someone to an extension for 2007 (in 2007 only) the number that they tell you that you have available is going to be off because of the ridiculously high amount of cash you have. To figure out how much you have, take the number that it says on the extension screen minus the amount of cash your team has.

I just created a human manager fine, what problems are you having? Just a crash to desktop?
Keeps crashing every time I want to create a mananger. Theres like MLB and MLB22 leagues or something..its weird. Hang on and I'll post a screen.

*EDIT* Added screen
Attached Images

Last edited by soxfan34; 06-26-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:50 PM   #39
gZusLuvsU15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm working on getting the latest update uploaded, so we can have another download link.
gZusLuvsU15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #40
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Alright, it keeps crashing...nothing seems to work.

I'm just going to play with AirmenSmith's for now until the next release is out or something. Thanks anyways, Cubby..great work overall...