Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list

TBCB Feature suggestions / Wish list Discuss feature suggestions for Title Bout Professional Boxing here.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #41
Mad Bomber
All Star Starter

Just as suggestion, but not a big deal. How about identification of the cutmen
who work in the corners, as the game already shows the name of the cornermen.

There are three things that go on a fighter, first your reflexes go, then your chin goes, and then your friends go.

Willie Pep

Last edited by Mad Bomber; 10-07-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Mad Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #42
ThirdPartyView
Bat Boy

How about more various in-ring injuries (such as breaking your ankle or knee like in the Valuev-McCline or Chavez-Diaz) that could either force an early stoppage or be a huge negative to your stats in the fight?
ThirdPartyView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #43
ThirdPartyView
Bat Boy

Another thing: has the psychological side of the game been implemented? For example, there are mentally fragile fighters who quit at the first sign of trouble, those who will be there until the bitter end, guys who get pissed off by taunts/showboating easily, etc.

Also, are there 10-8 non down rounds in the game already?

Last edited by ThirdPartyView; 10-05-2008 at 12:29 AM.
ThirdPartyView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:55 AM   #44
rockmedic109
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdPartyView View Post
Another thing: has the psychological side of the game been implemented? For example, there are mentally fragile fighters who quit at the first sign of trouble, those who will be there until the bitter end, guys who get pissed off by taunts/showboating easily, etc.

Also, are there 10-8 non down rounds in the game already?
I have never seen a non-knockdown 10-8 round in the computer version. And I have seen All knockdown rounds {except one where the knocked down fighter scored 9 more point than the other} score 10-8. I have never seen a 10-7 round in the computer version.

I remember several no knockdown 10-8 rounds in the original non-computer version. I remember having a 17-0 score {one point system} in a 10 round fight once. Just never scored enough for a TKO but was always within a few points.
rockmedic109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #45
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I've seen a 10-7 round more than once in the earlier version 2.0. I'm waiting for the final patch or version 3 before I switch over.

Cap
Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #46
mellifluous
Minors (Single A)

Small Suggestion

Is there any chance we could get a "Random" option in the Mass Edit screen for trainers and cutmen? It's there in the fighter records screen, but that chooses a different one for each fight, I'd like to be able to randomly assign one cutman and trainer that will stay with a fighter for their whole career.
mellifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #47
Beno999
All Star Reserve

Here are a few more suggestions to add to the growing list:

1.) A stats tab showing (if a bit trivial) fighter earnings and winnings over their career.

2.) Amateur careers before fighters turn professional. (Can be done manually but what i mean is actually having the stats as the fighter was as an amateur incorporated into his record.)

3.) More in fight sounds. By this i mean more ring announcer build up, different punch and more varied punch sounds etc.

4.) When the game shows the in-fight interface, maybe depending on the fighters skin colour that could be inputted into the picture along with trunks colours and glove colours. (Trivial and un-necessary but just to add to that more intimate feel with certain boxers.)

5.) Showing the fighters history list in the same way that BOX REC has on its website, when you view the record of a fighter on BOX REC, you get most of the boxers fight information on one page, with the exception of a few things. However, what you do get is a record on the boxers name, hometown, nationality, manager, and below a record of all his fights and who referee'd and who the judges were as well as major fight incidents for the big fights and if the fight was a title bout, as well as how many rounds it was.

6.) Better organisations rankings, by this i mean ranking to be recoded so that it goes on more than just whether the boxer is the champion or not.

Beno999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #48
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

This may be something that I can adjust and don't know it. The fights stopped on cuts ratio is ridiculously high. And it comes in waves. Like randomly 4 or 5 fights out of 6 have to end early on cuts. Other than that. I don't have a single complaint.
PWillisTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #49
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

This is a key one for me personally:

The ability to open and watch a fight from the auto scheduler. Sometimes when perusing the list of fights, you see a random match-up that just makes you go ohhhh I wanna watch that one!....
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #50
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Trains Ocean Liners Airships

This came to me as I was watching my young prospect from Down Under Mickey Bourke put the leather to Jack Bodel (Mickey won the nod by the way). If the game recognizes eras, it would space fights dependant on available modes of travel. Liners in the pre-jet days for long-distance travel overseas. Well, they did have trans-Atlantic clipper flights in the thirties and airships too. So if you were in the 1910-1915 era, and had one fight in New York, one in Montreal and another in London, the first two could be days apart, but it would take several days(?) to travel by ship to London from Montreal. So maybe the game could recognize this somehow?

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 01-24-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #51
John Dewey
Hall Of Famer

Wish List

Instead of "Skin Color" on the information page have it change "ethnicity" and allow the blank space to be typed in. There was a time when being Irish, Italian or Jewish was considered important. Also, in the bios, I'd like to see a fighter's real name if known mentioned. For instance who is Zulu Kid, etc. There are many fighters from past versions of the game who no longer appear in the ratings. This especially applies to some of the fighters from the DOS version of the game. It would be nice to resurrect these if possible.
John Dewey
John Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #52
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Question New Racial & Ethnic Categories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dewey View Post
Instead of "Skin Color" on the information page have it change "ethnicity" and allow the blank space to be typed in. There was a time when being Irish, Italian or Jewish was considered important. Also, in the bios, I'd like to see a fighter's real name if known mentioned. For instance who is Zulu Kid, etc. There are many fighters from past versions of the game who no longer appear in the ratings. This especially applies to some of the fighters from the DOS version of the game. It would be nice to resurrect these if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dewey View Post
John Dewey

While on this subject, I recently ran across a female fighter named Cheyenne Strongbull -- Native American. Technically, they're Asian but not "Asian" as in Chinese -- they lack the epicanthic fold over the eye and commonly lack visible facial hair. There really ought to be a separate listing for them. Also, many Mexicans are 50/50 -- half Spanish, half Amerind. On this continent, they ae called Mestizos. Perhaps we should add a "mixed" catagory. Finally, I ran into a woman named Santana who was born on Guam. This can be noted on the "nationality" entry but not the "race" entry. Like Amerinds, Pacific Islanders are distinct though not numerous; some are part Hispanic, but others are pure.

Arbie
Count_Herout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #53
jdphx
Minors (Single A)

As a new to these forums poster, this will be my first.

A long time Title Bout board player, I am still getting used to the
intricasies of the computer version...but I totally love it so far!!
Bravo to the creators!!

If there is already a way to view this, please disregard my ignorance,
but also please show me how!!

I like to see the individual bouts' performance points. Then I can
easily look at a fighter's history, and see what his MOST impressive
wins were.

The running total is nice, but it would be cool to see individual fights
as well..

Thanks in advance to any replies!!

JD
jdphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #54
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Simple Graphics

I've made these suggestions on some other threads, but since this is topic specific I'll restate them.

Before listing particular items, here's the foundatio point. We have images for referees, venues, and cornermen. The only time we see them is at the start of a match.

Why not make better use of them by incorporating a few very basic revisions ot the game's graphics

1) Keep the arena image constant throughout the match by having the capacity to set it as a backdrop for the play-by-play.

2) Code for a pop-up whenever there's something the referee is doing during the match---clinch situations would be too intrusive and annoying, but for foul warnings and counts after a knockdown, having an image of the referee with be a nice little enhancement.

3) Between rounds, have the cornermen pop-up on each fighters side of the ring and/or on the strategy selection screen. If between rounds the screen becomes too cluttered with the presence of the ringcard girl/guy (we certainly don't want to sacrifice that!), I'm sure that the pop-ups could be sequenced.

To conclude these proposed revisions are very simple to program into the game and do not involve "reinventing the wheel". The effort would be minimal and the enhancement substantive.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #55
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up New Features?

I've mentioned some of these before, but they seem to have fallen out of the posts, so I'll try again:

1) Soviet fighters (pro or Olympics) -- the "nationality" listing was fixed but not the "born-in" listing. Yet this may even be the more important one. Any "Russian" (&c.) fighter born prior to 1991 was Soviet and only became Russian (or Georgian, or Ukrainian, &c.) after the fall of the Empire. Since most pro boxers have to be more than eighteen years old (depending on jurisdiction), it still would be hard to find an Eastern European who was not formally part of the Soviet system. This apparently is a simple plug-in.

2) The manual refers to a "popularity bias" among judges (at page 50) but elsewhere does not include it (see page 37). It should be added.

3) For those of us who still use the once common two judges/referee as scorers, referee biases also need to be added.

4) I've noticed that managers are given only one opportunity per round to switch to cover-up strategy, when killer instinct kicks in, and this is something of an irritant. The opportunity might pop up after a big punch which does not result in a knockdown, and some of us only have a fighter make the switch after an actual knockdown. Then, if there is a knockdown, the opportunity is lost. Ability to switch over should become available whenever KI kicks in for an opponent.

5) I'll second Ice Tea's suggestion that female images be made available for the fight screen. And that there be more control over the bout log's seeming indifference at times re gender.

6) A nice little venue not on the current list: Grey's Armory in Cleveland, Ohio (former home of the Cleveland Greys, one of the last of the private quasi-state militias in the U.S.), Last I checked, it was still current.

7) When, for some reason, I must change or remove a bout in or from history, I would liek to see it completely changed or removed. Currently, changing a date in a way which leapfrogs the result over other results does not alter the cumulative history. It's a minor thing, but if simple to fix, it ought to be.

8) I stillrun into freezing when I enter data for a new fighter. To avoid losing too much, I have to save only a screen at a time, then completely exit, then come back in. Again, an irritant more than a problem. But, it is annoying.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #56
professordp
Hall Of Famer

6) A nice little venue not on the current list: Grey's Armory in Cleveland, Ohio (former home of the Cleveland Greys, one of the last of the private quasi-state militias in the U.S.), Last I checked, it was still current.

[

As far as item #6, you can create your own venues. All you really need to do is provide the name, city, nation, and capacity.

Last edited by professordp; 04-17-2009 at 11:04 PM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #57
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
Is there any chance we could get a "Random" option in the Mass Edit screen for trainers and cutmen? It's there in the fighter records screen, but that chooses a different one for each fight, I'd like to be able to randomly assign one cutman and trainer that will stay with a fighter for their whole career.
Going along with this, maybe an optional second choice so that the same trainers or cornermen don't end up working both fighters in a bout?

JP
Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #58
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

WL 36. Improved conditioning options

Right now, even the best fighter (Cond: 1) comes in out of shape 10% of the time. Did Rocky Marciano come into the ring five times in his career so out of shape, it would be reflected by his CF and Chin ratings being dropped by 2?

Even the "good" ratings have guys showing up hungover 20-30% of the time.

I know you can turn this off . . or even some off, some on in auto scheduler, but the latter choice is a pain.

As it stands now, the percentage chance of reduction for poor condition is:

10-20-30-35-40-50-70

I'd like to see it something like:

0-5-10-15-20-30-40-50

This way you don't have to fiddle with turning it on/off to get a guy who is always true to his ratings if you give him Cond: 1.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #59
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Question Modified Hitting Power for Women

Another of my ideas which seems to have fallen out of the thread:

In a modification I did of the original board game 30 years ago, I incorporated modified hitting power for women to reflect that few of the ladies have one-punch KO power.

In the board simulation, women are penalized 2 HPs if the KO-chance card results in a jab or lead, and 1 HP if the KO-chance card results in a hook, cross, straight right, or counter. No HPs are deducted for combinations or uppercuts.

The modification also moved to a 90-card/round deck, with the 10 extra cards being three-, four-, and a five-punch combinations. Combinations like triple jabs or two jabs and a straight right carried no KO chance, but more substantive combinations did. For these, add 1 HP for each punch landed more than two. Example: Elena scores a five-punch combination; the HP for this is 3 more than her base level for the round. In the board game, that is compared against the HP RN of the succeeding BAC.

This modification rewards speed, quickness, and combination punching, and penalizes "fence swinging," which is what should happen in a women's bout.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #60
Scar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It was mentioned a bit in the overall capture, but I really find it irritating that the knockdown is automatic without seeing the punch first. Sure it is cosmetic but I actually prefer the original AH Atari version as the fighters moved around the ring, danced, and when they got hit with a big punch, you actually held your breath for a second to see if they got knocked down. Now, there is no suspense, they're fighting, they're laying on the canvas.

The skin color thing really bothers me as well. Even the Atari version matched the skin of the boxer to the correct skin color on the graphic. Why have we taken steps back on what should be such an easy thing to fix?

One other small request, in addition to the tabs you see for the fight, I wish there was a tab you could click on that would show the fighter's history without leaving the active fight. I like to do some on the spot announcing (in my head) and would love to have the fighter's history to comment on.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote