Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #61
gregb7
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I could care less about college feeder leagues and 2007 draft picks. If I could get opening day MLB rosters and relatively accurate AAA/AA/A rosters I'd be perfectly happy.

Of course this is your project and you make the call on what is to be included...

i agree with this too. just the majors and the minors.....i don't care about all the other stuff. not my decision, just my opinion.

Last edited by gregb7; 04-07-2007 at 11:55 PM.
gregb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:43 AM   #62
rdklein
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregb7 View Post
i agree with this too. just the majors and the minors.....i don't care about all the other stuff. not my decision, just my opinion.

ditto
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #63
dkmsoxfan88
Major Leagues

Majors and minors are more than enough. However, college won't be bad. I'd probably end up downloading both.
dkmsoxfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #64
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkma View Post
Agreed. Would be wonderful to just have a roster set (MLB and minors) - others are not that important to me.
If it's even simpler and quicker, just the real opening day 25-man rosters for beta release. We can add fictional minors if we wish, just to get started.

I'm dying to play out the current rosters just to get a better idea of how the season will go. I usually sim over and over again to get my own projections for the real season.

OOTP has actually worked quite well for this in the past three years if you do enough test sims. OOTP does better than the so-called "experts."
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #65
jackflash
Minors (Triple A)

We all are very anxious. Just hang in there a little bit longer. You will be very pleased with the work that Rolen has done. This is going to be an awesome set when we are finished with it.

Right now I am continuing to plug away at each team's minor leagues.

"You can observe alot by watching" - Yogi Berra

jackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #66
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Baseball America OD rosters

OD rosters are out at Baseball America http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/rosters/

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #67
GoldenGlove
Major Leagues

Its 2007 now.
GoldenGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #68
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Sorry, my bad, didn't look closely, bit too anxious, i guess

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #69
Mrexbaseball
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
If you guys can't wait...just go buy Baseball Mogul 2008...I have to admit I play both OOTP and BBM. BBM has real rosters and is great for quick play, whereas OOTP is better for fictional leagues and very in-depth statistics.

www.sportsmogul.com
www.ootpbaseball.net

Wow...did I just sound like a commercial or what lol
Mrexbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #70
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrexbaseball View Post
If you guys can't wait...just go buy Baseball Mogul 2008...I have to admit I play both OOTP and BBM. BBM has real rosters and is great for quick play, whereas OOTP is better for fictional leagues and very in-depth statistics.

www.sportsmogul.com
www.ootpbaseball.net

Wow...did I just sound like a commercial or what lol

You can get just as accurate rosters in ootp by importing the Lahman database and spending the better part of the day updating them.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #71
Mrexbaseball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
You can get just as accurate rosters in ootp by importing the Lahman database and spending the better part of the day updating them.
Yeah but you're stuck in 2006...you can't get real 2006 stats in there and start in 2007, which is the big debate
Old 04-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #72
lincarnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yeah but you're stuck in 2006...you can't get real 2006 stats in there and start in 2007, which is the big debate
Couldn't you just add in the projected seasons of the players into the Lahman database and import 2007?

For example, you would find the player's name in the database (Baseball Reference would help at finding the Lahman names), say Chris Duffy:

Code:
"duffych01",2006,1,"PIT","NL",84,314,46,80,14,3,2,18,26,1,19,71,1,10,4,1,1
That would be his stat line from last year. If you wanted Duffy to import as someone who would hit .400 with a bunch of walks and 50/50 potential this year:

Code:
"duffych01",2007,1,"PIT","NL",160,600,120,240,25,5,50,125,50,5,100,100,1,10,4,1,1
Obviously you wouldn't, but you get the idea. The game would convert the stats to the proper ratings and voila, 2007 rosters.

Although, if you were going to do that, you might want to edit the database in a spreadsheet program instead of messing with the raw text. That would probably help you make sure you get your data in the right fields without constantly looking at Baseball Reference for guidance.
lincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #73
Mrexbaseball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincarnate View Post
Couldn't you just add in the projected seasons of the players into the Lahman database and import 2007?

For example, you would find the player's name in the database (Baseball Reference would help at finding the Lahman names), say Chris Duffy:

Code:
"duffych01",2006,1,"PIT","NL",84,314,46,80,14,3,2,18,26,1,19,71,1,10,4,1,1
That would be his stat line from last year. If you wanted Duffy to import as someone who would hit .400 with a bunch of walks and 50/50 potential this year:

Code:
"duffych01",2007,1,"PIT","NL",160,600,120,240,25,5,50,125,50,5,100,100,1,10,4,1,1
Obviously you wouldn't, but you get the idea. The game would convert the stats to the proper ratings and voila, 2007 rosters.

Although, if you were going to do that, you might want to edit the database in a spreadsheet program instead of messing with the raw text. That would probably help you make sure you get your data in the right fields without constantly looking at Baseball Reference for guidance.
Thats good and all...but I hate spending more time making rosters and uniforms than actually playing the game!!

If you look at people who play this game...you can tell who is relatively new and who is an old-schooler. The newer guys are more into rosters and uniforms and mods...whereas the old-school guys who have been playing since OOTP2 or 3 just want to play LoL.

I'm by no means bashing anyone...I think its great that we have guys out there to make mods ... and I'm sure not everyone fits this stereotype...but sometimes I catch myself getting so wrapped up in editing a single player I forget why I bought the game in the first place.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #74
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The Rosters should have real Minor Leagues. The Rosters don't have to be perfect because the Computer will mess them up any way.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #75
Erich Ingram

Quote:
Actually that is not true. You just have to click the box that says keep current years stats.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #76
jackflash
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
The Rosters should have real Minor Leagues. The Rosters don't have to be perfect because the Computer will mess them up any way.
Oh we'll have real minor leagues, thats what I've been plugging at for 2 days now

Old 04-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #77
jackflash
Minors (Triple A)

Is anyone good with editing rosters in excel and would be willing to lend me a hand? IM me on AOL at ISLTwins.

Thanks guys

Old 04-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #78
csanalyzer
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Ingram View Post
kagnew that is probably a good idea for the people to jump into and work together on the project.

So the draft picks of 2006 is Project 1

Project 2, may need someone who has Baseball America access for this. I want to get the same basic information for all the 2007 top 200 likely draft picks.

Name, Pos, B, T, HT, WT, DOB, Place of Birth, Ranking in the list

Project 3, College team. I want to get the colleges into the game as well. So I know that Foz has already put together a template for the colleges. What I want now is for someone to put together spreadsheets with the rosters from the team web pages. So I need the basics

Name, Pos, B, T, HT, WT, DOB, Place of Birth, Year

For this I would say that people should post what conference they want to work on, put 1 conference per spreadsheet together, sign up in the thread here for a conference, do the conference, send me the conference, update saying it is done here in the thread. Then if you have time grab another one.

Project 4, I will be looking for people who can help to update the player text files in the game so that we have all their proper history in the game. I will be putting out a list of the things that "I" will want to have in the files. This will be a very long project and will probably have people work on a team at time because it can be very tedious.

Project 5, Will have people going through and doing QC on the players, making sure that we have their Pro Years and MLB time correct. This was a huge problem in the 2006 sets as players were becoming eligible for Rule 5 way to early, 6 year minor league FA too early and this will also affect arbitration and free agent timing.

So basically what I am doing now is to make this a community roster project for things. Everyone has stated that they want to be part of it and want to help well folks now is the time to do so. Now by doing this it is going to make the rosters probably take a little more time to get fully done, but once we have all of this put together it will make it a roster file that will be easy to add to going forward and make every file that much quicker to release.
Finished the Big East Rosters. I'll grab the ACC and get started on those shortly.
csanalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #79
mbrooks13
Bat Boy

i'll take SEC
mbrooks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #80
Ric915
All Star Starter

Hell of a task you guys have taken on. Can't speak for everyone but I'm appreciative
Ric915 is offline   Reply With Quote