Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
Erich Ingram

Official Rolen/Cubby Roster Thread

Folks,

I want to first of all apologize for the delay in the release of this set. I will take all the blame for it as I have been working on it for a couple of months now and much to the chagrin of mssrs Duffy and Heinsohn I did not complete it in time for release of the game. I can get into the reasons why but that is better just left alone for now and I will say that I am working dilligently at getting it up to the standard that I have held my files to in the past. Unfortunately I lost most of the day today due to having two of my three daughters being sick.

As for a release date, I do want to say it will be very soon for the first version to come out for it. I will also say that I have built the teams to have all the players for the Opening Day Rosters from MLB down to A ball. Rookie and Short Season have not yet been included due to the fact that their Opening Day rosters have not been designated yet as they do not start until after the draft has been completed. There are over 4000 players on the teams and another couple thousand inside the file that are not on teams.

Presently I am working on putting all the players at the correct levels of minors as when importing from the spreadsheet format it doesn't do that(something I have discussed with Markus and which he has told me we will not be able to rectify). A few players still need to have their ratings tweaked(mostly minor leaguers, and generally just top Prospects), also there are a bunch of players that need to have their outfield arms corrected due to an importing issue.

Salaries have been correctly added for some teams but not all yet. That is probably not an area that I am going to hold up the initial release for unless people want me to do so.

Home cities/countries are updated for about 60% of the file. We will be cleaning that up as well as we go along.

Now I will also be setting up another thread that will be strictly for players that you think are missing, mis-rated, on the wrong team or if by chance you were to find duplicates. My one request with that thread will be that you put in solid reasons as to why a player should have a different rating. I don't just want to see that player A should be rated better at this position or such just because, but I will say that there will be times when people will have valid reasons why a player should have different rating and I am willing to listen to what people have to say.

Now I know many of you will want the roster set to be up-to-date with all transactions, but that is not the direction that I am going with this file initially. There will probably be a time that a second file will be put out as well that will be updated but personally I find that I want to start the 2006 season with players on the teams that they started the 2006 season on.

I do plan on adding in the Rookie and Short Season teams once the rosters are set, and I may try and add in the draft picks to the Opening Day set as draftable players.

Now throughout this whole post I have used the pronoun I, while the top of the thread has both myself and Cubby in it. Cubby and I are working together on this file, he has been a large help in cleaning up the initial grunt work that I had to got through to get the file to place that could be workable. He and I will be working together going forward on this project as we add in more things. For those of you that know the international leagues please PM me as we are going to be looking for a bit of assistance on that. As it is right now, thanks to FidelMontoya I do have a great website for Japanese baseball and thanks to Scott Vibert I am going to be getting some information on a couple of other things, but I am still going to be looking for assistance with other foreign related leagues.

Now I could keep on typing here but I have to get back to destroying the Yankees, I mean updating the NL West.

Please understand I want the rosters done as much as all of you do, I have had the game for awhile and haven't played it in probably 6 weeks as all I have been doing is creating players.

Thank you for your interest and patience.

Erich

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Old 06-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
toadfreak7
Minors (Triple A)

Great News!!! I do suggest, if you're not planning on it, including Clemens on the Astros with him being injured for 60 or 70 days. Other than that, opening day rosters sound great! I always play opening day.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:46 AM   #3
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Just saying hi, and that I will be tanking all players on the Yankees, Cardinals, and White Sox, and making Matt Murton and Ronny Cedeno gods. That is all.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
bigdaddykraven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23
Just saying hi, and that I will be tanking all players on the Yankees, Cardinals, and White Sox, and making Matt Murton and Ronny Cedeno gods. That is all.

I whole heartidly endorse this act. As a Reds fan, I especially do with the Cards
Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #5
Bears5122
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Make sure Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are set to durable.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #6
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Ingram
Now I know many of you will want the roster set to be up-to-date with all transactions, but that is not the direction that I am going with this file initially. There will probably be a time that a second file will be put out as well that will be updated but personally I find that I want to start the 2006 season with players on the teams that they started the 2006 season on.
That made my day. Thanks Erich and CF!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #7
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

Good to hear....Looking forward to it.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #8
White Sox
All Star Reserve

Quote:

LOL. And there was a time to you tried to convince me that as a Missourian you felt no bitterness towards the White Sox!

"Pitching, Defense, and the Three-Run Homer."
Old 06-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #9
AZJAZ
Major Leagues

Sounds great !!!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
KaZmiR26
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great news, cant wait. TRASH THE YANKEES!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
ridge
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for all your time and effort Erich

any rough idea when the intial file might be out

thanks
Ridge
Old 06-06-2006, 01:37 AM   #12
Jester of Death
Minors (Triple A)

This question was posed already, and I apologize if you wanted this in your other thread, but will you place Clemens on the Astros?

Because if he is pre-placed on the Astros, I won't have to deal with all 30 GM's barking offers at me on Day 1 :P

Arizona Diamondbacks - 2011 World Champions???
Old 06-06-2006, 05:37 AM   #13
ctchw
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Smile Well done & Thanks

Your efforts in making our dreams come true is much appreciated. Firstly I'll tell you something that you might want to look at before you release your rosters.

I downloaded the Lehman DB and loaded year 2005 and used all of mlb logo's and worked like a charm. The problem with the Lehman DB is that it does not load the current managers and some star players are in the minors. For e.g. I chose white sox and Scott Posednik and Aron Rowand were in the Minors. This is not true to real life so please test your rosters. I'm willing to help or participate in making this a gem.

Also will your rosters contain all current staff members?.

much appreciated. Baseball fan from Australia.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:18 AM   #14
DRaysGoRocco
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester of Death
This question was posed already, and I apologize if you wanted this in your other thread, but will you place Clemens on the Astros?

Because if he is pre-placed on the Astros, I won't have to deal with all 30 GM's barking offers at me on Day 1 :P
Does it really matter all that much? If he is a FA, then just go into commissioner mode and place him on the Astros before you start your simming.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:49 AM   #15
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

For Clemens, in Baseball Mogul, once he signed, in my opening day rosters and in my upadted transactions rosters, I put him on the rosters and injured him for 75 days to simulate him not playing until mid-late june.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #16
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

Some questions:

1) Are staff and other personnel real? (ie. Joe Torre manages the Yankees, Mike Maddux is the pitching coach on the BRewers, etc.)
2) Are the Rookie and SS leagues in the game, to be filled with fictional players?
3) Are the minor league divisions/names set up as in real life?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #17
toadfreak7
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGM
Some questions:

1) Are staff and other personnel real? (ie. Joe Torre manages the Yankees, Mike Maddux is the pitching coach on the BRewers, etc.)
2) Are the Rookie and SS leagues in the game, to be filled with fictional players?
3) Are the minor league divisions/names set up as in real life?
I know #2 is answered in the first post. I believe the answer to 3 is 'yes'.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #18
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfreak7
I know #2 is answered in the first post. I believe the answer to 3 is 'yes'.
If you're referring to "Rookie and Short Season have not yet been included " I thought that meant that the players had not been included, and I was making sure if the teams were or not.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #19
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Thank you for the update. I am eagerly awaiting this set and I think it will aid immersion immensely for me.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #20
White Sox
All Star Reserve

For all of you Clemens people out there, would it not be more realistic to start the season with Clemens as a FA giving all teams an equal shot to sign him? Granted he knew right away that he would go with either the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, or Astros, but what would have stopped him if suddenly the Dodgers, for example, stepped up with a HUGE contract offer? Certainly at the beginning of the season he didn't know exactly where and when he was going to come back, so how can you automatically place him on the Astros?

"Pitching, Defense, and the Three-Run Homer."
Closed Thread