Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #41
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
And the Huntley Red Raiders are apparently right there with you in P418! Good luck on pursuing that first Perfect title; I'd offer some sage advice on what it takes to win it all, but I've lost more home Wild Card games in Perfect (2, including yesterday's "101-win team defeated by 81-win team" debacle) than I've won titles...

As for this week's Red Raiders, I managed to complete the historical White Sox collection missions last night and now sport Special Edition Ed Walsh in the rotation, bumping Cy Blanton to the bullpen (at least initially), and Special Edition Luke Appling at SS, which frees Jackie Robinson up to be a super-sub against righties and my third baseman against lefties, relegating Matt Chapman off the 25-man squad. Did I improve the team or just engage in spinning-wheels busy work? Only time will tell...
Hi, team owner for Interstate 80 Defense & Dongs here. If you could go ahead and loss a few more games so I can win the division I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #42
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

My Stunners team got 3 All-Stars, with a 37-58 team record

That takes skill. Some sort of skill anyway
Old 07-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #43
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post

LOL. My Frogs are 33-64 and were awarded zero All-Stars. That takes a different sort of skill.

I noticed that my team has the 3rd worst record, but only the 7th worst run differential. Hopefully, the team can climb out of the relegation zone and get this stink off next week...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #44
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Muck Rakers holding steady in P420 at 45-51. My Maddux just threw another Himself, but with 79 pitches instead of 73 earlier in the season. He's my only All Star. 14-2 with a 1.96 ERA. 6 walks in 151.2 innings.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #45
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Louisville has the best record (74-22) in P418 at the all-star break. The offensive strategy is working as my run differential is +266. We had 8 all-stars and incredibly Eric Gagne (33/33 saves, 0.22 ERA) was not among them.

I am traveling over the weekend so I hope the boys can finish the job on their own. I will be able to check in a few times for adjustments, so it is not total auto-pilot. I hope to be back home on Sunday night and see us still playing games. Maybe I will be playing Huntley!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #46
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Good luck Orcin. My Saints are 67-29 and playing pretty well with the Say Hey kid (99) patrolling CF fulltime.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:58 PM   #47
old timer
Hall Of Famer

A rare sight for the Raccoons - best record in the league at the moment. Of course, it's partly due to being lucky, but it still counts! Our RDiff is way below last years pace, yet we're doing better record wise. I think this league has more strong teams than last year's league and that's the main reason for the lower RDiff.

My two groundball pitchers, Hubbell and Johnson are struggling this year which is odd since my defense hasn't changed. Hubbell and Johnson normally don't give up a lot of HRs, but this year they're the worst on the team in that regard and by quite a bit. On the offense side of things, Keeler, Lajoie and Seymour are all hitting over .340 and the team is hitting .305 which has helped move us back to 1st in R.

The biggest surprise to me is we're still ahead of the Cowboys and by 7.5 games! I keep waiting for them to catch up and pass us. There's still plenty of time left for them and we've not done that great against them either, going 5-7.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 07-11-2019 at 09:18 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #48
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
LOL. My Frogs are 33-64 and were awarded zero All-Stars. That takes a different sort of skill.

I noticed that my team has the 3rd worst record, but only the 7th worst run differential. Hopefully, the team can climb out of the relegation zone and get this stink off next week...

Just curious... So do you think the main difference this season is going to a stronger defense/weaker offense and making it a pitcher's park? Does is it seem like the competition is tougher in this league? Of course, that didn't seem to stop your team in the past.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully, you don't get relegated and can get back to competing in the perfect playoffs again. Of course, if you did get relegated, it would be interesting to see how well your team would do at the diamond level after doing so well in perfect.

Edit: I missed your earlier post where you already answered this.

Last edited by old timer; 07-11-2019 at 10:04 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #49
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Just curious... So do you think the main difference this season is going to a stronger defense/weaker offense and making it a pitcher's park? Does is it seem like the competition is tougher in this league? Of course, that didn't seem to stop your team in the past.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully, you don't get relegated and can get back to competing in the perfect playoffs again. Of course, if you did get relegated, it would be interesting to see how well your team would do at the diamond level after doing so well in perfect.

Edit: I missed your earlier post where you already answered this.
No worries, it was a longer post so I doubt many people read it, lol. But, yeah, the cliff's notes are basically "all of the above." I think it's a strong league, plus a strategy that apparently doesn't play to my team's strengths, plus some bad luck on top (11-26 in 1-run games).

I hope to not get relegated because it might take more than 1 week to climb back up (spent 4 weeks in diamond originally) and I would find that pretty tedious. I'm not one of those that sees relegation as the PP-earning bonanza that so many others do. I think the only silver lining would be getting another chance at one of those diamond championship medallions for my signature.

I have made some additions to the pitching staff to hopefully get me enough "juice" to climb out of the bottom 4 in P431. Unfortunately many of these acquisitions came with stats (92 Maddux, 91 Mariano Rivera, 93 Chris Carpenter) so I am cutting them loose. I did manage to pick up perfect All-Star Max Scherzer (I figured the newer All-Star cards are less likely to have been played already) and I like that his ratings are locked in at 113/69/78. 69 is a little low for movement, but at a price of 31K PP it's hard to beat the overall value there. He'll help get some of the in-game strikeout achievements probably.

On a positive note, my Frogs did record another triple play recently so that's 2K more PP in the bank.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 07-11-2019 at 10:18 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:55 PM   #50
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
Hi, team owner for Interstate 80 Defense & Dongs here. If you could go ahead and loss a few more games so I can win the division I'd appreciate it.
Well, Huntley is 1-6 since the All-Star Break and you're only 3 games back, so...you're welcome?

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:00 AM   #51
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am traveling over the weekend so I hope the boys can finish the job on their own. I will be able to check in a few times for adjustments, so it is not total auto-pilot. I hope to be back home on Sunday night and see us still playing games. Maybe I will be playing Huntley!
Good luck to the Colonels while you're traveling! Right now, I'd say the AC team to beat is the Pawnee Harvesters, who swept the Red Raiders in the first series after the All-Star break and currently are 8 games ahead in the race for the #1 seed in the playoffs. They're a tough bunch!

Old 07-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #52
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Well, Huntley is 1-6 since the All-Star Break and you're only 3 games back, so...you're welcome?
Make that 1-7 and you're only 2 games back...

Old 07-12-2019, 12:42 AM   #53
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Make that 1-7 and you're only 2 games back...
Make that 1-8 and you're only 1 game back!

Old 07-12-2019, 01:37 AM   #54
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Critters languish in last place in Perfect, 44-64, and only five games out of the relegation zone, with three games in between as cushion. J.D. Martinez hit for the cycle in July, and the same week they also turned five double plays in a game (which they still lost). Between June 17 and July 14, four weeks, they played rotten enough to claw up only 220 PP...

Rebs are 60-47 in their division, but already seven games out. They are in the middle of a bloated wild card race, which is so much more awesome (…) than winning a division for a change.

The Accountants are in the best position, 59-48 and only one game out in their division. Nevertheless, some of the additions that I made just aren't clicking, like Adolfo Phillips and Javier Baez.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:16 AM   #55
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Doha (79-27) is having another good season and leading the division by 20 games. There is a very strong team (Battery Park City Tamps) in our conference at 87-19 so it will be unlikely that we can have the nr.1 seed..
As usual, the question for the Oilers is if the can play as well in the playoffs, since that's not been the case lately.

Great Lakes (72-37) is in one of those 20 teams' league whre there is no wild card game. They are leading the division confortably and they should be able to get home field advantage, which is paramount. There is a mega team on the other conference with 5 Perfect League titles.(Winter Springs Gold Mine).
Pedro Martinez is having the best season of his career so far with a 1.71 ERA and he is on pace for more than 10 WAR.

Perugia (63-44) is leading the divison by 3 games and has a chance to go back to the playoffs after a couple years out. I'd'like to upgrade a couple of starters (96 Lefty Grove and Ben Sheets) that have been struggling for the last few years in perfect, but even with prices a bit lower on the AH, I'm still a few PPs short for my targets.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:26 AM   #56
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I just realized my Saints had 9 all-stars. Might be a record for me....no idea how both my catchers got voted in!
Attached Images

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #57
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post

Means your team is probably unbalanced. Like my silver team, which has (I think) decent pitching for silver but no defence as I picked the players with the best offensive stats.

Which means I have a negative record but five all stars, the likely MVP and top vote getter (Tim Raines) and out of seven hits for the NL, my players had six of them and all three home runs.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #58
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Lumber Company is coming on fast. After finishing up Wednesday with a 40-40 record, we had a massive roster overhaul thanks to poor pitching and a slew of bargains popping up in the AH at the same time. The last three cards I needed for the Dick Allen mission, plus Dick himself and Pudge Fisk, meant I turned over 20% of the roster in one fell swoop.

It's working, as we've closed the gap to 4 games and just swept the division leaders. And in the first game of the series, our All-Star OVR 89 Lucas Giolito pitched the first no-hitter in team history.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #59
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
Means your team is probably unbalanced. Like my silver team, which has (I think) decent pitching for silver but no defence as I picked the players with the best offensive stats.

Which means I have a negative record but five all stars, the likely MVP and top vote getter (Tim Raines) and out of seven hits for the NL, my players had six of them and all three home runs.
I think it was actually just 3 guys playing really well, everyone else sucking Which..... is fair to call unbalanced
Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #60
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

My two Diamond teams are both struggling & flirting with relegation, so i'm making some major moves on both to try and help them stay up. Mostly selling off some Live guys that aren't producing

Both teams did fairly well last week (87-75 each), so the changing league difficulty means I definitely want to avoid relegation and see how things go next week. Here's hoping

Thankfully, Bob's Milwaukee All-Stars are rocking again in Bronze at 69-43, so I should be able to cheer them on again Sunday (if i've recovered from last Sunday's results )