Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #941
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
I think many of us old timers (and probably some of the younger guys, too) remember saving up our money as kids and riding our bikes to the party store that sold Topps Baseball Cards and how exciting it was.

The rectangular pink gum.... oh how YUMMY!

That feeling... that joy of opening up a Ricky Henderson rookie card (just for example) is something I think draws many of us to buy packs even though it is abundantly clear using the Auction House is much more wise way to upgrade.

I just wasted 4K on some packs yesterday and got nothing but a couple of old duplicates so I'm done with pack buying until maybe I see one of those Special Packs come up for sale.

Still waiting to open up my first 90+ player... I haven't had any good fortune yet.
I had a Ricky Henderson rookie that I got out of a pack when I was a kid. I kind of ruined by holding cards together with rubber bands though.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #942
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedavebrown View Post
Open packs whenever you want. It´s a game. I´ve switched over to spending every PP I earn on packs. I like the feeling of knowing I pulled every player on my team from packs. I am 10000% sure my team would be way better if I did not do this. But I enjoy it more.
Same for me though I try to only buy packs at the end of the season for each of my three teams.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:39 PM   #943
boxner1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post

Ideally, what I would really like to see is a separate pool/mode you can opt into that has an overall rating limit on your team. Something like the combined average rating of the 25 players on your active roster is capped at 80 or 75. I think this would be really neat, challenging, and add a lot of diversity to see how people choose to build their teams - where to focus their highest rated players. It would open up a lot of possibilities for teams that you most likely will never see at the higher (diamond and perfect) leagues. And it would likely also result in a lot more tinkering/fine tuning your team, as opposed to set and forget once you hit the higher leagues where the majority of teams are loaded with diamond+ players.
I like this idea a lot. It would basically be a salary cap league. I would sign up immediately.
boxner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #944
traylor45
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
I've embraced the concept of logging in once a week to see how I did and opening some packs. The game is lot of fun for the first week, but it grows stale very fast.
You're pretty much right. And this is exactly the type of game that you can "set it and forget it." Anyone saying otherwise is overthinking it.

I still log in daily because I like the AH, have quite a few PP still left from my big sale, and want to make some more value picks on upgrades.

But once I drop under 40k PP, I probably won't be logging in very often, as upgrades will be even more rare than they are now.

You can't play out the games, once you've set your lineup, there is literally 0 reason you need to log in the rest of the week. Especially if your starters are strong and/or you have your splits set up properly.
traylor45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #945
<Pion>
All Star Starter

I've had mostly bad pulls but a little luck with some of my card pulls (a Perfect player in Beta and a couple of Diamond players on one team in two different pulls), but never had one of those pulls where I got multiple decent players. Finally happened as I pulled two Golds (Mike Lieberthal, a defensive monster who cant hit, and Josh Donaldson), a Silver reliever, two bronze, and only one iron. Never had a pull where only one player was an iron.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:34 AM   #946
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylor45 View Post
You're pretty much right. And this is exactly the type of game that you can "set it and forget it." Anyone saying otherwise is overthinking it.

I still log in daily because I like the AH, have quite a few PP still left from my big sale, and want to make some more value picks on upgrades.

But once I drop under 40k PP, I probably won't be logging in very often, as upgrades will be even more rare than they are now.

You can't play out the games, once you've set your lineup, there is literally 0 reason you need to log in the rest of the week. Especially if your starters are strong and/or you have your splits set up properly.
Right, with no injuries, contracts, aging, or talent changes of any type, it's a very stagnant environment. I've gotten 1 token upgrade from packs since the first week. I'm quite bored with it, and as a distant 2nd tier perfect team, I'm stuck in a league I really don't want to be in.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:14 AM   #947
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Has the Pack quality been reduced in order to push people into purchasing points?
No, of course not!

Why would we ever do something stupid like this, putting the whole game in danger??

Apart from that, getting the same player twice is just the result of the randomness. There are millions of packs opened, and of course some of them will have duplicate players. We do not manipulate the packs & card odds in any way.

Case closed.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-03-2019 at 05:16 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:58 AM   #948
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No, of course not!

Why would we ever do something stupid like this, putting the whole game in danger??

Apart from that, getting the same player twice is just the result of the randomness. There are millions of packs opened, and of course some of them will have duplicate players. We do not manipulate the packs & card odds in any way.

Case closed.
Thank you for stressing that to some of these silly conspiracy nuts. It is pretty darned ignorant for someone to even say this. It would be the stupidest thing any business would ever do.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:45 AM   #949
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, of course not!

Case closed.
Come on Markus, Let’s be a little honest here. You mean to tell me when I got Willie Mays and Ty Cobb in the same pack that you did not set that up because you love me so much?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #950
Weaseltail
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Thank you for stressing that to some of these silly conspiracy nuts. It is pretty darned ignorant for someone to even say this. It would be the stupidest thing any business would ever do.
Comcast begs to differ. Their entire business model is based on gradually reducing what you get in a standard package so you're forced to pay more money for the stuff you actually want (and then jacking up your bill one year later when your promo offer expires). And no, I'm not bitter I just had to spend two hours on the phone with them renegotiating my cable services.

BTW, the guy just asked a question. Not sure how helpful it is to brand him as a "silly conspiracy nut" and "ignorant" all in the same breath. Businesses do this stuff, I'm very glad OOTP isn't one of them.

Last edited by Weaseltail; 01-03-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Weaseltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #951
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaseltail View Post
Comcast begs to differ. Their entire business model is based on gradually reducing what you get in a standard package so you're forced to pay more money for the stuff you actually want (and then jacking up your bill one year later when your promo offer expires). And no, I'm not bitter I just had to spend two hours on the phone with them renegotiating my cable services.

BTW, the guy just asked a question. Not sure how helpful it is to brand him as a "silly conspiracy nut" and "ignorant" all in the same breath. Businesses do this stuff, I'm very glad OOTP isn't one of them.
Well the difference is that you're not on Comcast's message board, talking with the super friendly and helpful people who run Comcast on a daily basis.

At least I assume that's the case.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #952
Weaseltail
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
the super friendly and helpful people who run Comcast on a daily basis.

If only

BTW, j/k, I'm sure there are lots of great people at Comcast.
Weaseltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #953
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaseltail View Post
If only

BTW, j/k, I'm sure there are lots of great people at Comcast.
Not in customer service! lol

Well, that's probably because they have no choice but to screw everyone since those orders come from above.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #954
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Not in customer service! lol

Well, that's probably because they have no choice but to screw everyone since those orders come from above.
From above? You mean Like God?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #955
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
From above? You mean Like God?
From the people who run the company and are only concerned with making money.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:02 AM   #956
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Unhappy This is my best pack overall so far

And it's kind of sad

Old 01-04-2019, 01:18 AM   #957
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I had one earlier today with a high of 61. Also in attendance were 3 low 40's and 2 mid 50's.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:31 AM   #958
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

**** happens.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #959
Scoman
All Star Starter

Wonder what % of 40 something cards make rosters?
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #960
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
**** happens.
Wow.