Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
AndyHustle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

National Baseball League

Two summers ago while incredibly bored at night during summer baseball in a small town, I decided to create an entire fictional universe. I sim in real-time which gives it more of a realistic feel. I have all four major leagues, but my marquee project is the NBL (National Baseball League). I do sim the universe's hockey league with FHM but don't pay as much attention to it or put the detail into it that the NBL has. When FOF comes out, I'll most certainly dive into that. Don't be afraid to ask questions, I know most of the details of each time. I wanted to share with you guys cause it's fun to see people pick favorite teams to follow.

Without further adieu, here's the NBL. The structure is two leagues of 16 (Federal and National) with those broken up into two divisions of eight. All divisional champions and the next two best records make the playoffs each year.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.23.29 PM.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  169.6 KB

There are some very surprising storylines in the first two months of the 2018 season. Most notably, the Kansas City Stars who haven't finished higher than fourth in the last seven years are off to a hot start thanks to some young phenoms playing very well. Carolina has also come out hot the first two months of the year. Another team that hasn't been particularly successful since their expansion in 2010.

The NL West is year in and year out the toughest division in baseball. Houston, Anaheim, and Phoenix are all top teams that fight it out for the crown. Las Vegas has gotten better the last few years and are right there.

The second toughest division in my mind has been the NL East. New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Pittsburgh, and Boston have all been very solid teams in the past. It's interesting to see some of those teams, especially Boston, struggle this year with some good talent.

The Federal League is usually a bit more wide-open. Detroit won the pennant last year, but have been inconsistent this year. Brooklyn, LA, Texas, and Colorado have all been top teams the past few years, but it seems like a changing of the guard is occurring.

Willing to answer any questions you might have. Trying to turn this into a weekly update so people can follow along.
AndyHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
AndyHustle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick statistics update

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.48.04 PM.png
Views: 528
Size:  273.0 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.48.33 PM.png
Views: 529
Size:  281.9 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.48.57 PM.png
Views: 519
Size:  270.5 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.49.33 PM.png
Views: 523
Size:  271.2 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.49.47 PM.png
Views: 518
Size:  265.0 KB
Old 07-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
AndyHustle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick update. Kansas City keeps extending their lead in the FL West while Seattle has taken over second place. Montreal, after acquiring star 1B Steve Humphrey is now in 2nd place in the East. The NL race is hot right now in both divisions. In the East, Philly, New York, Carolina, and Washington are all trying to keep pace. The West is also hotly contested with Anaheim, Houston, Las Vegas, and Phoenix all in the race still.