Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
iggyk23
Bat Boy

7day lineups

I have a question, if I use 7 day lineups, then I do not need to set up depth charts or? If I do not can i still use depth charts menu just to set pinch runners because I want to use them?
Also if I use 7 day lineups then I do not need to set rotation on pitching menu?
And if so can I still use pitching menu to set ML and closers?
Thank you
iggyk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

7-day lineups overrule depth charts to the extent that you allow them in 7-day lineups settings. Once the game starts, however, you still need depth charts to tell your AI manager how to make substitutions as they become necessary or advisable. This includes injury substitutions, defensive replacements, and pinch runners and hitters (unless you manage everything yourself during games).

7-day lineups will also determine your starting pitchers, but how relievers and closers are handled needs to be managed in the bullpen section of the pitching page. Unless, again, you manage your games on-field.

Keep an eye on 7-day lineups if you do use them. For want of a better term, they can go out of "sync" after a while, particularly with starting pitchers. Also recall that you have to set 7-day lineups anticipating the opponent's L/R SP (unless you defer for this to your depth charts in 7-day lineups settings). You may find this more of a challenge than you might like.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
7-day lineups overrule depth charts to the extent that you allow them in 7-day lineups settings. Once the game starts, however, you still need depth charts to tell your AI manager how to make substitutions as they become necessary or advisable. This includes injury substitutions, defensive replacements, and pinch runners and hitters (unless you manage everything yourself during games).

7-day lineups will also determine your starting pitchers, but how relievers and closers are handled needs to be managed in the bullpen section of the pitching page. Unless, again, you manage your games on-field.

Keep an eye on 7-day lineups if you do use them. For want of a better term, they can go out of "sync" after a while, particularly with starting pitchers. Also recall that you have to set 7-day lineups anticipating the opponent's L/R SP (unless you defer for this to your depth charts in 7-day lineups settings). You may find this more of a challenge than you might like.
Don't scare him off.

7-day lineups give you way more control.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
iggyk23
Bat Boy

Thank you this helps a lot, one more thing if I set the option that prevents AI changes to my team and I play out my games, then the depth charts are of no use? The AI woudnt automatically insert MR that is set on the depth chart to enter?
iggyk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I use 7 day lineups and have them clear after each use and re do them. I've seen instances where if you don't clear them and reset that for some reason days off or what have you it thinks the same pitcher should start 2 days in a row...so like Bru said they go out of sync. But yes they give you much better control provided (for the most part) you are only simming 7 days at a time and keeping tabs on them
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyk23 View Post
Thank you this helps a lot, one more thing if I set the option that prevents AI changes to my team and I play out my games, then the depth charts are of no use? The AI woudnt automatically insert MR that is set on the depth chart to enter?
Yes, that is correct.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

If I set a player strategy and force start, but my depth chart has the bench player in the lineup every 5th game, will my AI coach put the bench player in? Or if I am using a 7-day lineup and I put that bench player in, will the AI force start the starter instead?
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote