Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Interest in a european soccer-style league?

Hi all,

I am interested in putting together a soccer-style baseball league with two to three tiered-leagues. In example, there would be the American Premier League, with a second and third tier league below it where teams are promoted and relegated from each year. I've seen this years ago somewhere in an OOTP online game but I don't recall where, nor do I know if it still runs.

Is there any interest in such a league? I have the nerd skills to fire up my webspace again and reboot my forums + FTP server to run the game. Just need to know if a few people are interested before I invest the time in setting everything up again.

Brett
breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
There are several pro/rel leagues out there. OOTP14 handles this slightly better than previous versions...I used to run a rather ambitious one, and the league was solid. It was just too difficult to run back then. Now it seems to be easier, and seems to have taken off a bit.

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
There are several pro/rel leagues out there. OOTP14 handles this slightly better than previous versions...I used to run a rather ambitious one, and the league was solid. It was just too difficult to run back then. Now it seems to be easier, and seems to have taken off a bit.
I haven't seen anywhere in 14 where something like that is pre-built in. I imagine I would have to manually change the teams between each league each season, correct?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

[QUOTE=breich90;3598917]I haven't seen anywhere in 14 where something like that is pre-built in. I imagine I would have to manually change the teams between each league each season, correct?[/QUOTE

Yes, you have to a manually change the teams.

At least, according to this link: Promotion/Relegation
Old 11-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #5
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Ok, website is up at usba14.us (nothing on the home page)

Initial, hasty reports up at BNN Home Page

Forums up at United States Baseball Association Forums - Index

I'll rearrange the reports location once I get my SQL database linky working. Ideally, the reports will just be at usba14.us and not some long, drawn out link.

Here's the structure--subject to change, I'm willing to move on lots of things:

Three leagues--premier, second, and the Menard's Third League (yes, I will make a photoshopped logo of Menard's sponsoring the third league just for giggles, lol).

10 teams per league. Two teams relegated/promoted at each juncture (league 1/league 2, league 2/league 3). I'd be open for a play-in game for a third spot when and if the leagues are expanded.

I made the financials about a half to a third of the higher league's financials, as outlined in a post linked previously (ty for that link).

Team names are nicknames I picked from the Nickname Project as I like having full logo sets.

No coaching/scouting. Ratings are 1 to 10.

Any and all teams are up for grabs in all divisions. Team name and location can change at the initial human manager's will. Subsequent human managers will inherit the name/location of the team. I am the Chicago Gold Sox. The San Diego Sea Turtles are also taken.

Each league is set up as a Major League and is a member of the United States Baseball Association. The Association holds its annual USBA Cup after the completion of the regular seasons of each league. The playoff structure is as follows:

Play-in: Best of 5

Premier League #1, #2 with a bye

Silver League #1 v Silver League #2

Third League #1 v Third League #2

Semi-Final: Best of 7

Premier League #1 v Third League winner

Premier League #2 v Second League winner

USBA Cup: Best of 7

Finalists.

The regular season of each league will not have playoffs, similar to how most soccer leagues are. The USBA Cup represents something similar to the FA Cup in the English leagues.

Each season is 108 games. Each team will play every other team in four three game series. (Question--where are those nice sets of custom schedules someone made a few years back? I know I can find what I need there.)

There are no minor leagues in any of the leagues. There is a 40-man reserve roster. There is no roster expansion date. As of yet I have not decided on whether to have an amateur draft or not.

Thoughts? Anybody interested in locking up a team? If you are interested go ahead and post in here for now and then make yourself a forum account. I'll give you an undertitle with your team name, so post here with your usba14.us forum username so I can make the connection.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

Deleted... Double Post...

Last edited by themonk; 11-09-2013 at 09:30 PM.
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
breich90
Minors (Double A)

usba14.us and www.usba14.us now properly redirect to the forums homepage.

Forum categories created for USBA Administration and United States Premier League.

Request that a moderator rename this thread to "Looking for GMs - United States Baseball Association (Promotion/Relegation League)".

Reports successfully uploaded to a MySQL database at http://www.usba14.us/http-docs/your-...rts/index.html

TODO:
  • create an easy link for the reports from the forums (ideally, dust up on my DNS skills and get reports.usba14.us to direct to the reports directory)
  • get managers to sign up (lol)
  • get team logos to upload to the web server
  • install OOTP OU for drafting support when the inaugural draft is held
Old 11-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Completed:

StatsLab uploaded and working at Box Scores - StatsLab for OOTP14

So now an ignagrual draft will be easy to hold. This is my first time using StatsLab as a commissioner but I can make it happen.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Update:

4 managers now ready to play in the league.

Inaugural draft scheduled to start via StatsLab this Wednesday, 13 November at 0900 EST. 5 minute scheduled picks for the first 15 rounds, slightly more than one pick per hour. I will likely auto draft for all after round 20.

Logos are working in all statsLab and reports sections.

Looking for six more managers to fill the Premier League! Post here and then sign up on my forums at United States Baseball Association Forums - Index and post to introduce yourself.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Update:

There are four available teams in the Premier League. Six human managers have teams in the Premier League as of today.

The draft may be postponed up to a week, in order to get more people to take teams. Seeing as we already have six human managers--much more than I thought I would ever get--the ideal time for the draft would be when we have at least a full Premier league, plus three to six managers in the Silver League.

Here are logos for the US Premier League and the Menards Third League that I drafted last night. I posted in justafan's thread and hopefully they'll get glossed.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
fittyfitty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

team

Could I have the Cleveland Bashers?
fittyfitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Cleveland was already taken. Here are the available teams in the Premier League:

El Paso Sultans
Mississippi Black Sox
Detriot Reapers

These teams can be taken or they can be whatever name/location you chose (as per my PM also).

Fifty/fifty makes 8 human managers for the Premier League. Only two human managers remain! After that I'll start loading the Silver (second) League with managers.

Finally, check out the league logos that were justafan'd:

Last edited by breich90; 11-11-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
breich90
Minors (Double A)

We now have 9 human managers in the Premier League. There is 1 team remaining. The lower leagues still each have ten teams available.