Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

The Money Ball Union (tMBU)

We currently have one Opening, Washington.

the Money Ball Union is long time running league which has been around since December 2003 and has a great core group of owners. We are completing our 1st season in OOTP14 and entering the September stretch run.

-We use scouts but no coaches.
-Your scouts provide potential ratings on a 1-100 scale and overall star ratings but current ratings are hidden.
-All players in the amateur draft come from our 2 HS and 1 COL feeder leagues
-There is an $85 million player salary cap

League Name: The Money Ball Union
League Reports: Index
Forum: TMBU Forum
Email Address: tMBUCommish@outlook.com
OOTP Version: 14
Players: Fictional
Teams: 28
League Start Date: 2023
Current Season: 2069, end of August
Salary Cap: $85 million
In-Season Sim Schedule: M/W/F @12:01am ET
Sim Length: 10 days
Off-Season Sim Schedule: M-F

We are open to GMs with varying experience levels, we just ask that you be active.

If you are interested you can E-Mail the commissioner at tMBUCommish@outlook.com or you can PM me here.

Last edited by byzeil; 11-05-2013 at 11:22 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
TraderBlue
Minors (Single A)

Hey folks, this is the first league I joined 4.5 years ago and continues to be my OOTP passion. We've gone through a bit of a reorganization, but if you're looking for a great league with tons of history and a fantastic group of owners, TMBU is for you!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
agrudez
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As someone who has always played in non-scout leagues online, I love the different experience that the TMBU provides - highly recommend checking it out.
agrudez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Keith Stuart
Minors (Triple A)

This is a great league - I was an original owner back in 2002ish (real time) and was the first league I joined when I came back from a multi-year hiatus from OOTP.

Fictional league, scouts on and a good core group of GM's.
Keith Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
Savannah
Minors (Single A)

This league is great fun and has a lot of original teams and owners stretching back a long way.

There are teams for everyone from rebuild to potential champion available.

Come over and look through the forums!
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

I used to participate in 5-6 OOTP leagues at once but have had to cut back due to other commitments. I viewed every other league I was in as expendable other than the TMBU. We have a solid core of long-time owners as well as an active forum. I feel that we are also very accommodating to players new to online leagues.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
I feel that we are also very accommodating to players new to online leagues.
Absolutely. Everyone has to start somewhere. All we ask is that you have a real interest and willingness to commit enough time to your team. We are more than willing to help however we can.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
rutri01
All Star Reserve

I'm an ex-member. I had to leave due to family craziness. But its a fun league and great bunch of guys. The league is run very well and fair.
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Montreal has been filled.

We still have 4 open teams, 3 of which are in the Wildcard hunt with one sim remaining. Saskatchewan and Santa Fe are each tied in their respective leagues for the 2nd wildcard slot and Denver is 2 games back of Santa Fe. Washington is out of the playoff hunt but is still 2 games over .500

All 4 available teams are in good shape and with an astute GM ready to make some noise.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Saskatchewan is taken, down to 3 openings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Montreal has been filled.

We still have 4 open teams, 3 of which are in the Wildcard hunt with one sim remaining. Saskatchewan and Santa Fe are each tied in their respective leagues for the 2nd wildcard slot and Denver is 2 games back of Santa Fe. Washington is out of the playoff hunt but is still 2 games over .500

All 4 available teams are in good shape and with an astute GM ready to make some noise.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
baugh5
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Saskatchewan is taken, down to 3 openings.
Just sent an email to commish. Looks like a fun league!
baugh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baugh5 View Post
Just sent an email to commish. Looks like a fun league!
Washington has been taken.

I am awaiting on hearing back on another inquiry, if that one goes through we will be down to 1 opening.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Wow, we had a run on teams....we are tentatively full (awaiting one person getting back to me). If you are interested in being on the waiting list please feel free to contact me.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Well two of the new GMs didn't work out, I don't think either were really ready to commit to an online league.

We have just completed the playoffs and are entering the off-season. We have two openings currently:

The Saskatchewan Storm won 96 games, made the playoffs as a wild card team and went on to the championship series only to loose 4 game to 2. This is a very good team and is in great shape regarding the salary cap.

The Washington Black Bears finished at 81-81 this past season but were in the finals last season. Very solid team and also good financially.

The Money Ball Union is open to taking on GMs of any experience level. Veteran GMs will find the league challenging and new GMs will be welcomed with open arms.

All we ask is that you are committed to giving it a go.

Please answer the following questions in an email to tMBUCommish@outlook.com if you are interested in joining this established league with over 45 seasons of history.

1) How long have you been playing OOTP, both solo and online?
2) Are you in any other on-line sports leagues? and if so how long have you been in them?
3) What facets of OOTP do you like the best (ie; talent evaluation, managing the organization, setting up lineups, etc)?
4) What do you think you would bring to the league?
5) What type of computer do you use (PC, Apple, something else) and how comfortable are with with it? (All platforms are welcome but I can help with PC issues but know nothing of Apple)
6) We use scouting, how do you feel about that and do you have experience with scouting in OOTP?
7) We don't display current ratings but do display potentials, does that interest you?
8) We use full financials and have an $85 million salary cap. Does managing the financial side of your team interest you?
9) Our in-season sim schedule is 3 times per week (MWF) 10/11 days per SIM and off-season we sim daily(M-F). Is this a schedule that you are interested in?

I look forward to hearing from prospective GMs.

Mark
tMBU Commissioner
tMBUCommish@outlook.com

Last edited by byzeil; 11-03-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #15
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Washington has been filled, Saskatchewan is still open.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

We are full once again but I will take names for our waiting list if you are interested.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #17
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Washington is open again.

If you are new to on-line leagues we'd really like to give you a shot but you need to think about what level of commitment you are willing to make. Initially it may seem like a lot, there is a period of getting up and running and learning the routine of an on-line league but once you get into the swing of things you will be hooked.

If you commit to the league we will commit to you.

If you are interested in our Washington franchise please email me at tMBUCommish@outlook.com. In the email please include the answers to the following questions:

1) How long have you been playing OOTP, both solo and online?
2) Are you in any other on-line sports leagues? and if so how long have you been in them?
3) What facets of OOTP do you like the best (ie; talent evaluation, managing the organization, setting up lineups, etc)?
4) What do you think you would bring to the league?
5) What type of computer do you use (PC, Apple, something else) and how comfortable are with with it? (All platforms are welcome but I can help with PC issues but know nothing of Apple)
6) We use scouting, how do you feel about that and do you have experience with scouting in OOTP?
7) We don't display current ratings but do display potentials, does that interest you?
8) We use full financials and have an $85 million salary cap. Does managing the financial side of your team interest you?
9) Our in-season sim schedule is 3 times per week (MWF) 10/11 days per SIM and off-season we sim daily(M-F). Is this a schedule that you are interested in?

I am looking forward to hearing from prospective GMs ready to get involved in a great on-line baseball league.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 AM   #18
bebop
Minors (Single A)

Email sent!
bebop is offline   Reply With Quote