Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #801
MaCrawford
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First of all, thanks so much for the work on these roster sets. However, there's a major problem with these rosters.

Is there any way to import history into the game? I have the Cubbyfan's 2007 rosters, but there are no Historical Leaders, etc included. In fact, the almanac is pretty bare - only currently active players are shown as the all time leaders and there is no Hall of Fame included.

Where can I download files to cover up this glaring hole? Or is there a way for me to edit the History, Almanac and Hall of Fame sections myself?

Thanks in advance.
MaCrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 PM   #802
Jordan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKRedSox View Post
I did a little experimenting Jordan

I activated Scouting until just before the end of the month (January), deactivated it before the end of the month when it saved the game.

Re-activated it at the start of February and it has been on ever since without any error messages and dumping me out of the game, try that.

I am going with that course of action - if it dumps me out later then I will report back.

A request......

just as a backup is there anyone who can send me the scouting.dat file that has been mentioned, thanks. PM me for my email address - thanks guys!

What about scouting the amateur draft class? How would you manage that, since you start scouting about a month ahead of time?

And I got the scouting.dat file and still had the problem. I'll reset my league and try over again, I guess.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #803
evanbarth
Major Leagues

So I've been using Melo's set. I noticed it was orignally set up to use the Mets. I switched to control another team. No as the season has began, all of the Mets minor league players have disappeared. It won't let me advance because it needs to simulate the mets minor league games. So I click on "fill w/fictional players" All this does is give teh AAA team 1 player, the AA team 0 players and the A team 1 player. I dont understand how to fill these teams and to advance? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
evanbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #804
Melo
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanbarth View Post
So I've been using Melo's set. I noticed it was orignally set up to use the Mets. I switched to control another team. No as the season has began, all of the Mets minor league players have disappeared. It won't let me advance because it needs to simulate the mets minor league games. So I click on "fill w/fictional players" All this does is give teh AAA team 1 player, the AA team 0 players and the A team 1 player. I dont understand how to fill these teams and to advance? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I've used the set to simulate the season three or four different times controlling a team other than the Mets and haven't run into this problem. However, I have run into this problem before in other leagues. The players are there but you (and the program) just can't see them. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the manager. Maybe someone else has a ready answer. I'll have to wrack my brain to see if I can remember how to get past that issue.

I always play without scouts, BTW.

Last edited by Melo; 10-15-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #805
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

The problem is that something is messed up in that the computer is not allowed to manage the teams, but still controls them.

Go to the league setup screen, and for EACH minor league, click on the minor league and then tell it to allow AI to make changes and set all teams to CPU controlled.

That should fix the prob.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #806
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Need someone to edit in the coaches and find pictures for the 2008 coaches for the new 2008 MLB file, anyone available to do this while I'm going through and touching up players?

First release won't have too much ratings work done, most of the ratings are based off of 2007 stats. All players/stats from 2007 are in there, as well as pretty much everyone from the 40-man rosters. I'm going to do a three level minor league system (AAA/AA/A) to keep it simple for now with mostly fake players so that I can leave this project when necessary to begin work on OOTP9 rosters and leave you guys with a very playable roster this time around instead of a half finished one.

I think we can crank this first file out with everything that I just mentioned in a week or so with salaries and updated FA pool for the upcoming 2008 offseason.

EDIT: I'll go back and put in real minor league players (the guys who haven't played in the bigs yet, guys like Stewart, Maybin, etc. are in there because they have ML service time) if I have time after finishing the first release and before work gets underway on 9. Hopefully someone can take over the project after I get to work on the new project and keep an updated and bigger pack out there for you guys for OOTP8/2007.

Also I'm getting any new photos for rookies and new tradees (Teixeira, Lofton, etc. etc.) and I'll be distributing that with the roster file.

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 10-16-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #807
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone have a good OOTP Diamondbacks logo (the new one) for the 08 set?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #808
Brife71
Major Leagues

Brife71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:22 AM   #809
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright guys, rosters are pretty much done for the first release, planning on a release tomorrow night hopefully sometime.