Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 01-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #261
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Larry, after some more fiddling with my fictional league after running to a few more duplicates than I'd expected I've come to this conclusion/desire.

I think, simply because I believe there are dups in the Random folder, what I'd like to do is dump all of your Photos, WrightWings, Random, Japanese, etc.... into one huge pig pond and let Ifranview renumber them all to create a vastly larger pool to draw from for random fictional pics.

Do you see any easy way to do this? Or do you think it's simply a matter of dumping all those files from inside folders to one Random folder and doing the renumbering? I'm willing for my entire league to take on all new faces if that's what it amounts to just to ensure the likelihood of duplication is reduced even further and, in addition, I get to use some of those photos from the early years that just don't show up at all with ficpics. I want some of those!

Thanks, Larry.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #262
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

The faces in the random DO NOT have duplicates. I ran software on it that did a bit by bit comparision and removed all the duplicates. (about 5000)

I have re-written this program from the ground up for the 2007. Right now it does historical players and historical logos. It does the historical players MUCH faster and more accurate. In a 1980 season, I had 7 players with missing photos.

I plan on adding the fake players part to the program and I can make it have the option not to use duplicates. Here is how I would do that.

Player 1 is assigned a random photo. #13900. I change the file attribute on p13900 to archive. Now I move to player 2, it grabs another random player, but checks the archive attribute on the file. If it is set, then I tell it to grab another one. Now, this would slow it down, but not that bad until you have a league with around 15,000 players or so. I just have to test and see.

I would also track what player has what photo number.

Now, every year or so, you run the program and tell it to recycle photos. But, you would set parameters. First, all HOF players would never get their picture recycled.

All players with NO mlb exp. would get recycled, if they were retired. All players with less than xxxx at bats or IP would be recycled.

Maybe even have a 'protected photo' list. Player's ID listed in this file would never have their photos recycled.

Do ya follow?

Last edited by Comedian2004; 01-06-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #263
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Well, problem.

You would then need an entire collection for EACH league. You could no longer share the same photo collection. I will think this out and come up with a good solution.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #264
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004 View Post
The faces in the random DO NOT have duplicates. I ran software on it that did a bit by bit comparision and removed all the duplicates. (about 5000)
Well, of course I don't follow completely. I'm a programming idiot. Given your assumption is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, then the secondary assumption would have to be that the program - while not containing duplicates - is assigning duplicates or pics already used. Not knowing exactly how it works, that can be my only guess. Before you conclude it's a function of league size, mine - right now - is only 7700.

Back to the other part of my inquiry. I don't see any reason why I could not go to the many various 'other' yearly folders (even though some of the players might be repeated in the following years - don't know how to avoid that without a very time-consuming selection) and dump those into the Random Folder. After it became extremely disproportionate to the eventual league size AND I'd added all of the various folder's contents I'd selected, renumbering the entire contents via Ifranview, then selecting the option to Use Fake Faces should generate a random selection of ALL of the AUAutoFace photo collection (or at least my selection from it).

Does that make sense and do you see any real pitfalls with that method?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #265
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Let me try again...

The random photos were collected and all put into a big folder. I then ran software on this folder that looked for files that were exactly the same size as others and it then did a byte by byte comparison. This removed all duplicate pictures. For instance, if you get an ugly picture of Kirby Puckett that was called pic1000.jpg and made a copy of it and called it pic1001.jpg, the software would find that the files were the exact same files, just renamed. So, if this software worked as advertised, it should have removed all of the duplicate photos. It did cut the original list from 29,000 to 24,000.

OK, my program will assign the same photo to as many players as it feels like. In my testing and playing, I very rarely recognized the duplicates, as you really only got to know your players and the stars on the other team. At the time, I thought checking for duplicates would slow down my software too slow. Plus you have the problem of retiring players and new players arriving. With 24,000 players, I thought you would run out or just not have as many to pick from.

Here is what I am going to try to do....

You first would have to clear out all of the player photos. I can have the program do that. There is NO way around this if you want this option. I would not have an idea on how to write a routine to find duplicates like this other software did.

BTW, this option would be designed for fictional leagues only, not for the MLB players without photos. I feel that the missing photos for MLB is low enough that duplicates would not be noticed. Plus, most of the ones missing photos are crappy players anyhow.

So, now you have no photos for any players. You run the software and it starts at player

1. It randomly grabs... wait... what is that bright bulb above my head? Oh, I know.. it is another plan...

Maybe I grab the 24,000 photos and I randomize them, assigning new numbers to them. Yeah. Good thought Larry. It then writes the new collection of players to a new folder for use with THIS league only. This would AUTOMATICALLY give you 24,000 players with different photos.

But wait, wouldn't it be easier to use to...

(Sorry for the delay, went to watch the end of the football game, man, did Dallas blow that one. HA HA HA)

Duh to me now. I will work on a mod to eliminate the duplicates in 2007, but here is a quick fix for you.

Lets go to a new message....
Old 01-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #266
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

1st, delete all the player_ files in your image folder.

2nd, make a copy of the RANDOM folder somewhere and rename each file player_#.html (change the # to incremental numbers, 1 to whatever there is)

Then look at the current players.csv file with a text editor and see what the highest number is. This will be the 1st number in VERY LAST line in this file. That is the highest player number.

Now, copy over files player_1.html to player_X.html, whereas X is the highest player number to the image folder. In fact, go ahead and copy over a few hundred extra.

Ta da.. every single player has a different picture.

Then, check the players.csv file to see what the highest number is and copy over the new images.

Downside would be that the photos in the almanac would not match.

You could also just go ahead and copy over all 24K photos, but that would slow down the almanac, as it would have to copy all 24K files each year.

If you don't follow, give me a IM tomorrow and I can phone ya and explain it.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #267
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I'm running into a problem, and I'm sure it's probably just my not having the right settings, but I wonder if you could help.

We're a fictional leauge that runs alongside MLB. Both are simmed in our world, but some of the players in the fictional league show up with MLB players photos.

I'll have everything uploaded tonight so I can show you examples.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #268
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what you mean by 'alongside' MLB.

The way OOTP works, if you have a player with ID of 119 and his name is Babe Ruth, and you have a player_119.jpg and a babe_ruth.jpg, it will show the babe_ruth.jpg picture. But if you delete the babe_ruth.jpg picture, it will show the player_119.jpg picture instead.

My program will copy real photos over as their names and fake photos over as their ID.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #269
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Okay, it looks like I have some (a crapload) of pictures to rename
Old 01-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #270
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Need assistance for this to work. I have a photo folder inside my images folder, it contains 98, Random, a readme, and a 2006 folder for my fictional league. The link is what I keep getting.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...Photoerror.png
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #271
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

You have things out of whack.

1. The SAVED GAME FOLDER. You have this pointed to the RANDOM folder
2. The LEAGUE FOLDER is pointed to a folder called 2006
3. REAL PHOTOS and IMAGE FOLDERS point to the wrong folders also.

Try this...

Create a folder called PHOTOS and move the photos to this folder. Make it C:\PHOTOS. Inside it would be the 98, random and the years 1871, 1872, etc.

Click on the BROWSE button next to the SAVED GAMES window and select where you games are saved: It is the saved_games folder under your OOTP install photo

Click on the BROWSE button next to the LEAGUE and then pick the league that you want to use. It should have .lg in the name.

Then Click on the REAL PHOTOS BROWSE button and point this at the PHOTOS folder

And then click on the RANDOM BROWSE button and point it at the RANDOM folder.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #272
BradS
Minors (Double A)

wow..wow..wow THANK YOU! All were assigned, zero missing.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #273
tamugreg
Bat Boy

The links to download autoface are not working ... I have been trying for the past few days. Is the site still operational? Thanks
tamugreg is offline   Reply With Quote