Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-26-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Kudos to eLicense

I know some people tend to knock the eLicense system, but, frankly, I've never understood it. And today, all the faith I've had in the system was reinforced.

The other day, I reformatted my hard drive - and, for the first time ever, I forgot to unlicense first.

So, today I sent an email request to have the license reset. I didn't expect to hear anything until the next business day; I was wrong. I had the new license in less than 4 hours. On a Sunday.
Amazing.

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:04 PM   #3
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Re: Kudos to eLicense

Quote:
Originally posted by Draft Dodger
I know some people tend to knock the eLicense system, but, frankly, I've never understood it. .
Neither have I. Everytime I've read about them on this place I hear nothing but good things. Maybe I've just gotten lucky on my thread clicks.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:32 PM   #4
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

I'll chime in and add my good experience. I had used up both my licences due to some comp problems and I had my licences reset right away.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
edm
All Star Starter

I agree. I've had to call them 3 times since ootp3 to reset my account, and I've always gotten a speedy and helpful response.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:23 PM   #6
fat dude
Major Leagues

Well, I'm one of the ones you probably read about. I had problems, but let me tell you that I have come around. I also lost my liscenses during computer junk (I didn't know about unlicensing). I sent an email, and the next morning, bang--everything was A-Okay. They actually have a good system going on with really good customer service. I think there just needs to be more explanation of what the elicense is. I know the explanation already exists, but it could be more prominently presented.
fat dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 06:35 PM   #7
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

eLicense,

Keep up the great work!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #8
Nukester
All Star Starter

Had to call up for a license problem once, and it was resolved within 10 minutes of that call. Nice experience.
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:26 PM   #9
skkrrt
Major Leagues

I have a probelm.

I had my computer hacked once and virused once, crashing C: suddenly both time, so I lost both liscenses.

I no longer have the Credit Card, E-Mail or even the former lisence (though I know a few #'s), and I do know the E-mail

but they wont even reply to the e-mail I sent.

Ill try again if someone can send me the address..but I was highly disapointed...
skkrrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:45 AM   #10
Crapshoot
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by skkrrt
I have a probelm.

I had my computer hacked once and virused once, crashing C: suddenly both time, so I lost both liscenses.

I no longer have the Credit Card, E-Mail or even the former lisence (though I know a few #'s), and I do know the E-mail

but they wont even reply to the e-mail I sent.

Ill try again if someone can send me the address..but I was highly disapointed...
Can't blame them - my first impression of someone who has no information (not even the credit card or the email ) is that they are fishing for a license- whether its true or not.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:42 AM   #11
edm
All Star Starter

skkrrt, not trying to be mean, but if you don't have the credit card (or even the CC info) used, if you don't remember the e-mail used, if you don't have the receipt or any ID information, what did you expect?

I'm not saying you didn't purchase the game, but there is point when the customer needs to be responsible for providing some kind of proof. I mean it's not hard to write down your ID and receipt # after you buy it, is it?

I would suggest (if you actually did buy and lose the ID's legitimately) calling them on the phone and giving them your name and address used when you ordered it. Surly you can remember those?

You can find ViaTech's phone number at the bottom of this page OOTP support page

Last edited by edm; 10-28-2003 at 03:46 AM.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:57 AM   #12
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Don't worry skkrrt. Someone will be along shortly and they will give you their credit card information, e-mail address and order id.

You can then give this to ViaTech and they will hook you up, brother!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:50 PM   #13
skkrrt
Major Leagues

No I know the e-mail still (just dont use it) and I know the first 3 or 4 letters of the ID...

can someone give me the e-mail again, ill figure ill try.

(I know it would sound odd, but they could have atleast replied)

Nate Robertson-3rd in the AL in strikeouts (24).
Old 10-29-2003, 06:17 PM   #14
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Ive had to use their support a few times, and every single time they have gotten back to me very quickly. I was very impressed.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:34 PM   #15
skkrrt
Major Leagues

Update: I e-mailed 3 days ago...not 1 reply...

Nate Robertson-3rd in the AL in strikeouts (24).
Old 10-31-2003, 06:02 PM   #16
Nukester
All Star Starter

When I had an issue, I was on a work computer with no internet connection, so I called them on the telephone. Had the problem resolved within 10 minutes when actually speaking with someone, and not waiting around for an e-mail response that may never come. I know that sucks if they dont answer the e-mail, but if I were you, Id get on the horn and give them a buzz
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:28 PM   #17
Driver 8
Major Leagues

I'd call as well, because there's surely a problem somewhere, and I doubt it's with VT.

I reinstalled my O/S on my laptop this past Sunday night without remembering to unlicense OOTP4 and 5. I e-mailed them when I got into the office on Monday morning and had the two licenses reset within an hour. Because I'm not really all that bright, it's not the first time I've done that. Mary Ellen's got me back up and running in no time both occurances. Nothing but praise for her and VT.
Driver 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:36 PM   #18
sporr
Global Moderator

A while back, I got an itch to fire up my original FoF game. Well, I had never saved any of the eLicense info, so I figured it was a longshot to get the game up and running again, especially since the game came out several years ago. I called up ViaTech and they hooked me up with the license again within minutes.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:56 PM   #19
SoxWin
Hall Of Famer

Well, by email, they've been very very helpful to me from ootp3 up to 5.

I did try calling them a couple of times though. Got a machine saying to leave a message and they'd call me back next business day. 3 weeks later I have yet to receive a call back. A few days after the initial message, I was watching a ball game and hitting redial for about 3 hours with no response other then the same machine I left a message on before.

From MY experience, don't waste your time on the phone, email them and the response will be prompt and professional. ymmv.

I smoke a lot of pot and drink a lot of beer. I also graduated Suma Cum Laude. ****ing sue me.

- Luis Rivera
SoxWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 03:55 PM   #20
rcbuss
Minors (Triple A)

I'd like to echo everyone's sentiments (the positive ones, anyway) thus far on this topic. After a HD crash, I was unable to uninstall one of my licenses. One phone call, and I was licensed, and up and running within SECONDS.