Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

View Poll Results: Do it?
Yeah buddy! 3 25.00%
NO! STICK TO YOUR GUN(S)!!! 4 33.33%
This thread is an outrage and a travesty, but go ahead and exploit the AI 5 41.67%
This thread is an outrage and a travesty, retire yourself 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2019, 11:27 PM   #1
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Post Help Alleviate Trade Anxiety!

So, I started a new fantasy league in 1890, simulated 10 years, and picked a bottom 5 team. My first season (1900), did not go well. We had less than 70 wins on the season...

Year two came with an almost entirely new rotation (4 of 5 starters were replaced, former #1 is now #4), a few bullpen arms, and a couple of sluggers and now we are 65-41 part way through 1901.

I noticed my upcoming opponent had a spicy young prospect (in the scout's report), so I thought I'd feel out a trade like I tend to do with guys like this. Usually, there isn't a trade that works, but this kid is unheralded and KC really, REALLY wants my 1st Round 2nd Overall rookie pitcher, Billy Rhines.

Name:  br1.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  220.1 KB

I was really hoping to draft Don Drysdale, but ended up with Rhines. He has great movement potential it seems, which is something I favor. I have really liked how he has pitched so far this season. He seems like an ace despite his up and down IRL career.

Here is the bounty
Name:  gid.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  220.2 KB
Name:  raymor.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  212.8 KB
Name:  pipp.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  193.7 KB
Name:  dsouth.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  205.9 KB

I've put myself in a corner I think. I don't want to make the trade, but it is too good to turn down I think. Rhines has proven himself to be a star and I'm hard to part with him.

Other info:

Rhines is my #3 right now. The #1 and #2 (both free agent signings) are lighting it up. I have a guy in AAA that can do decent work as a #5 guy. In fact, he was the #2 starter last season...

I also do not immediately need a center fielder. I signed Chicken Hawks and he is lighting it up for some reason.

I really don't need any of the prospects, but I think we are the third or fourth best team this season.

Oh and the owner would be happy if I made the playoffs.

My thoughts are that this trade will certainly cost us a ring this season, but may lead to 3-4 rings down the road. Help?

Edit: Forgot to mention, trade is hard and scouting is very low accuracy. My scout is good with amateurs iirc. Oh, and I was going to point out that "Bunker" Billy can also hit decently.

Edit: Also, there is no recalc, so IRL career stats aren't going to be reliable.

Last edited by polydamas; 12-27-2019 at 11:43 PM.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:47 PM   #2
polydamas
All Star Reserve

I forgot to mention they are also offering this 1B prospect as well.

Name:  jwj.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  213.6 KB
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Rhines looks deeply unhealthy and it being 1901 he probably has about six months left to live.
Best to dump him now while you can
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:24 AM   #4
KBLover
All Star Reserve

"Edit: Forgot to mention, trade is hard and scouting is very low accuracy. "

So everything on those screens could literally be wrong?

And/Or they could be overvaluing your player (and/or undervaluing their players), perhaps by a lot, based on their wrong info?

Make the trade, imo.
KBLover is offline   Reply With Quote