Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Hollywood Baseball League (HBL)

Almost Complete on my Movie Player League...

The League is Split into two leagues, with the winners playing a best of seven series for the HBL crown.

Classic League:
SF Giants (The Fan)
NY Mammoths (Bang The Drum Slowly)
Minnesota Twins (Little Big League)
Milwaukee Brewers (MR 3000)
Detroit Tigers (For Love of the Game)
Cleveland Indians (Major League 1, 2, 3-Back to the Minors)
Chicago Cubs (Rookie of the Year)
California Angels (Angels in the Outfield 1951 & 1994, Angels in the Infield)

Rookie League
Sandlot Baseball (The Sandlot & The Sandlot 2) Have not added Sandlot 3-Heading Home
NY Knights (The Natural)
Durham Bulls (Bull Durham) {should have replaced this team with Bingo Long A.S. since there werent that many baseball characters in the movie)
Chunichi Dragons (Mr Baseball)
Chatham A's (Summer Catch)
Bad News Bears (Bead News Bears '76, Breaking Training '77, Goto Japan '78)

Players on the Free Agent List from the movies
Sugar
The Scout
The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings

This is a fictional league made up of the players who were in baseball movies. (I excluded all Real-Life Players). I did my best in including all of the Managers and Team Personal as well.

All Players in the game are as accurate as possible regarding their Height, Weight & Hometown. I created the players based on the Stats that were given in the movie as well as reading other peoples scouting reports on the players which i found online (I hope to have a readme file detailing all of the little things I did to try and make it accurate).

I have been working on this for about two months, watching movies and making edits on the players... I BETA tested it once already and made some tweaks that I thought it needed. I will most likely add players from Eastbound and Down because I do not have enough Free Agents on the Market. I would have liked to add more players but can not seem to locate movies online to watch and add the players.

If there are players from any movies not listed that you would like to see in the file please let me know and i will watch the movie/ass the player(s).

I am still in search of a logo for the league Hollywood Baseball League (HBL) & Jerseys for the Sandlot Baseball Team
If anyone has the skills (which i lack) it would be greatly appreciated

Currently Taking Suggestions for
Championship series name and the End of Season Awards.
longshotsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Love this idea. I was looking for something like this a few months back. Thanks a lot for doing this. When you finish setting this up could I get a copy of this?
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Benchwarmers?
Field of Dreams?
Ed?
The Dennis Quad one?
Netflix will help you and finding more.
Will use it.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the responses guys. Yes i am going to make this available as soon as I am finished with it. (hopefully within a week) If there is a fictional movie/tv player you want in the game let me know and I'll try and put them in the FA list. I'm just glad to see that someone else has interest in it as well.

Mgom- I would have to exclude the rookie and field of dreams from the game because the only rule I gave myself was to exclude all real life players, although i might be able to add ray's father from FOD.

Spent the day @ work watching mr baseball and bull Durham again added 6 new players I overlooked the first time. I'm currently at 209 created players, and hope to build more in the next few days.

When I make a player I try and create him Similiar to how he performs in the movie, as well as their personal info. I research the actor who played him and add birthdate (month & day), hometown, height & weight as well as the best possible picture I can find for them.

Next up is to add players from eastbound & down series

I was considering adding a " of their own players for the free agent list is this good or bad?

Any more question / comments or suggestions feel free to let me know.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
kev24fan
Major Leagues

How about Pastime. If you can do Roy Dean and the 17-year old black rookie that Roy Dean befriends. Of coarse they need to be on free agents list.

Last edited by kev24fan; 06-03-2011 at 12:53 AM.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Field of Dreams was a Kevin Kostner Movie and it had Shoeless Jackson.
Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online
Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

I have been looking everywhere for pastime, the sluggers wife and it happens every spring. They are all unavailable on Netflix and I cant find a stream of any of those movies online. If anyone knows where I can find them let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #8
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Watched and added players from sandlot 3, the pitcher and the pinup and Calvin Marshall. Almost have enough guys to finalize this..should be done by the end of this week.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 AM   #9
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
LSS I was wondering how u r doing for uniforms and facegens?

I recently had the Bingo Long All Stars made for me by Gern and remodeled by someone else. There is a Knights jersey floating around here somewhere and Dreamteams has every facegen for most of the teams u have and I might have the rest ( most of ours r doubled up) I am releasing the Dreamteams/Chicagofan76 Celebrity/Custom Facegen Pack I around june 15th, but his can be found in his sign also along with whoever did Kenny Powers.

I also have Monty Brewster, Spike Nolan, several from BD, ML & LOTG.

I like his bingo Long, but prefer my Billy Chapel, prefer his Willie Mays Hayes I & II but my Roger Dorn & Jake Taylor.

Either way cant wait i definitely will play it.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #10
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshotsoftball View Post
I have been looking everywhere for pastime, the sluggers wife and it happens every spring. They are all unavailable on Netflix and I cant find a stream of any of those movies online. If anyone knows where I can find them let me know. Thanks.
have u tried your local library system? Usually atleast with mine i can ask for something rare and within a few weeks it will come in.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #11
Chicagofan76
Banned

Theres also 2 baseball movies that i love 1 of which i still need to do the facgens for the other I have....Did anyone mention The Scout? with Branden Frasier? I have Steve Nebraska & I plan on doing Sammy Bodean? and Vigil Sweet from Talent For The Game...Theres also a movie about a player getting inducted into the HOF and his friend goes to Cooperstown to honor him, i had watched it a yr or so ago but thats only 1-2 characters. (forgot the name of it)
Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Chicago, I was thinking of using the facegens that are available because they are really well done, but I decided against it cause i felt i would have too many players left out with generic faces. I have 90x135 (default size) photos of each player that I have created in the game. As I watched and scouted each movie, I took print screens of each player and cropped their pictures to fit in the game. As for future computer generated players, I added all of the Jerseys that I could find on either players photobucket page or padresmod's site to make them as accurate as possible.

I am planning on rewatching bang the drum slowly today and possibly a league of their own again today, as well as the eastbound & down seasons 1&2. I'll add players from the Scout to the FA list as well. Brewsters Millions i can make them, but dont think that they would be an accurate read of them as they dont play that much in the movie. I am trying not to have any fictional players in the game when i make this available so that none of my created players get benched.

to be continued.....
Old 06-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Chicagofan76
Banned

ok well heres the link to the thread who i am posting what they look like dreamteams should have a link in there for his set and i posted many of his.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...cegen-set.html
Old 06-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

these look great... i'm probably going to use a few of them for my other fictional league. thanks for the link
Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #15
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Angels in the Outfield is what your think of maybe?
Mr. Baseball with the guy from Blue Bloods.

Last edited by mgom27; 06-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
Chicagofan76
Banned

Found another baseball movie while browsing on Netflix...Sugar....It was a good baseball movie that I have forgotten about.....are u adding just players where u can field a full team? Or for movies that only have a few characters will they perhaps be in your league but perhaps not on the team that they were in which ever movie they were in? as would be the case for Talent For The Game and perhaps Sugar.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #17
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

I have the players from the movie Sugar in the game. I am putting all of the other movie players that i find in the Free Agent pool. I have all of the players from angels in the outfield 1951 version and 1994 version on the california angels squad..talent for the game i saw a few years ago cant remember it that much so ill have to watch it again to get a good read on their characters. Im trying to watch every single baseball movie that I can so that i can have as many players in the game as possible. Its getting complicated now because all of the baseball movies that i want to watch are near impossible to find.

I added about 25 more players to the game tomorrow. and im looking to add another 50-75 more if im able to find them before i am 100% complete.. To start off, I want to have ALL fictional movie/tv players in the original release so that none of the players i created are benched from the start.

Instead of a minor league system i am going with a reserve roster. CPU fictional players will enter the game during the first seasons draft.

I hope to get a few more hours of work on this done tomorrow cause im getting anxious to play a season with this league
Old 06-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
Chicagofan76
Banned

Request...I can never remember the name of the tv show about the New York Empires from CBS a few yrs ago. that would be really nice to see...Talent For The game players would be added to the Angels, at least Bodean/Bodine and sweet both would be.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

The name of that series was clubhouse.. I cant find any of the episodes streaming online or on netflix... I am also having trouble finding talent for the game. I added monty brewster and spike nolan from Brewester's Millions as well as 7 players from the movie Ed.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #20
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshotsoftball View Post
The name of that series was clubhouse.. I cant find any of the episodes streaming online or on netflix... I am also having trouble finding talent for the game. I added monty brewster and spike nolan from Brewester's Millions as well as 7 players from the movie Ed.
thanx for reminding me about "Ed" I have Deuce Cooper and Ed Sullivan in my Endor leagues i will do the facegens for all that i can find tonight so they will be a part of the facegen project. Clubhouse ya I always forgot about that 1.

Netflix has Talent For The Game. If you know how to burn a DVD email me about it and i will send it to u. it'll be tues or wed of next week til i get it in though.