Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 07-27-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

My 1st OOTP Fictional League - The creation

Hi everyone,

I finally decided to start my own fictional league from scratch. This will probably be a slow process depending how well my creative juices flow and as I play my MLB quick start. Currently there is no time table for completion as my schedule varies as well does my interest in creating new identities (Therefore I started the post but could be quite some time before I finish). I may eventually start a dynasty report once everything is in place and working properly and if I immensely enjoy it.

To kick things off welcome to the "ABA: American Baseball Association". The year is 2015 and the "ABA" is preparing to kick off this year. With that being said preparation has begun years prior leading up the inaugural season.

For this initial post the league has founded with 20 teams that spread out across the United States. If the league dwells and fan interest climbs the league will later expand. For now we have 2 leagues (conferences). The Eastern and Western Leagues.

Currently each league is made up of two 2 conferences with 5 teams each making 10 teams per league. The following is a quick break down of teams that the "ABA" has currently released to the public:

*The divisions are currently generically named as the league intends to name them after the first hall of famers the league produces. Cities are also subject to change as I continue on, however this is currently what I have laid out:

MAJORS:

Eastern League-

Division1:
Boston Colonials [POSTED]
Charlotte Snappers [POSTED]
Miami Flamingos [POSTED]
Nashville Blues [POSTED]
New York Justice [POSTED]

Division 2:
Chicago Fire [POSTED]
Columbus Federals [POSTED]
Detroit Motors [POSTED]
Green Bay Warriors [POSTED]
Minneapolis Navigators [POSTED]

Western League-

Division 1:
Dallas Wranglers [POSTED]
Denver Grizzlies [POSTED]
Oklahoma City Tatankas [POSTED]
Phoenix Suns [POSTED]
St. Louis Blue Birds [POSTED]

Divison 2:
Los Angeles Stars [POSTED]
Portland Lagers [POSTED]
Reno Travelers [POSTED]
San Diego Wave [POSTED]
Seattle Metros [POSTED]

—————————————————

AAA:

Eastern League-

Division1:
Worcester Hearts (BOS) [POSTED]
Raleigh Oaks (CHA) [POSTED]
St. Petersburg Pelicans (MIA) [POSTED]
Knoxville Blue Coats (NAS) [POSTED]
Rochester Academics (NY) [POSTED]

Division 2:
Aurora Stars (CHI) [POSTED]
Toledo Tigers (CLB) [POSTED]
Grand Rapids Racers (DET) [POSTED]
Madison Lakers (GB) [POSTED]
Saint Paul Steamboats (MIN) [POSTED]

Western League-

Division 1:
Austin Outlaws (DAL) [POSTED]
Colorado Springs Peak (DEN) [POSTED]
Tulsa Oilers (OKC) [POSTED]
Tucson Aztecs (PHO) [POSTED]
Springfield Generals (STL) [POSTED]

Divison 2:
Fresno Force (LA) [POSTED]
Salem Chinooks (POR) [POSTED]
Henderson Ducks (REN) [POSTED]
Sacramento Miners (SD) [POSTED]
Spokane Perfects (SEA) [POSTED]

—————————————————

AA:

Eastern League-

Division1:
Springfield ??? (BOS)
Greensboro ??? (CHA)
Tallahassee ??? (MIA)
Chattanooga ??? (NAS)
Syracuse ??? (NY)

Division 2:
Rockford ??? (CHI)
Akron ??? (CLB)
Ann Arbor ??? (DET)
Kenosha ??? (GB)
Rochester ??? (MIN)

Western League-

Division 1:
Fort Worth ??? (DAL)
Fort Collins ??? (DEN)
Norman ??? (OKC)
Mesa ??? (PHO)
Independence ??? (STL)

Divison 2:
Long Beach ??? (LA)
Eugene Buckers (POR) [POSTED]
Paradise Big Horns (REN) [POSTED]
Bakersfield ??? (SD)
Tacoma Mountaineers (SEA) [POSTED]

—————————————————

A:

Eastern League-

Division1:
Lowell ??? (BOS)
Durham ??? (CHA)
Fort Lauderdale ??? (MIA)
Clarksville ??? (NAS)
Albany ??? (NY)

Division 2:
Joliet ??? (CHI)
Dayton ??? (CLB)
Lansing ??? (DET)
Racine ??? (GB)
Duluth ??? (MIN)

Western League-

Division 1:
Arlington ??? (DAL)
Lakewood ??? (DEN)
Lawton ??? (OKC)
Glendale ??? (PHO)
Columbia ??? (STL)

Divison 2:
Santa Clarita ??? (LA)
Gresham ??? (POR)
Sunrise Manor ??? (REN)
Oceanside ??? (SD)
Bellevue ??? (SEA)

*As I post teams and nicknames this list will become updated. Also, there will be three levels of minors (AAA, AA, & A).

There are a few rule regulations that "ABA" teams must follow:

- Nike is the official sponsor for the "ABA".
- Each team will have one home jersey and one away jersey in the majors.
- All home jerseys must be white or off white (cream).
- All road jerseys must be a shade of gray. *Debating madatory color road jerseys for the future as the leage evolves*

There are also a few regulations that the minors (AAA,AA, & A) teams must follow:

- Nike is the official sponsor of all minor levels.
- Each team will have one home jersey and one away jersey in the minors.
- Each minor league team will feature the jersey design and color palette of their major league affiliate.
- All home jerseys must be white or off white (cream).
- All road jerseys must be a shade of gray. *Debating madatory color road jerseys for the future as the leage evolves*

**Disclaimer, I cannot take credit for all logos and word marks. Some ideas, logos, colors were borrowed from ideas created by others altered for my own liking as well as some of logos and marks originally created by me.

***Disclaimer 2, The “ABA” is subject to change and is currently used as a place holder until I come up with the perfect idea.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

ABA Majors: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8k3e0lzrq...Playa.zip?dl=0
ABA AAA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxc8841uir...Playa.zip?dl=0
ABA AA: Coming soon
ABA A: Coming soon
Attached Images

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 10-16-2015 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Updates
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:45 PM   #2
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

The "ABA" League logos & history:

Coming soon
Old 07-28-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

New York Justice

The New York Justice are one of the "O20" (Original 20) and the first team to pay a hefty sum to the "ABA" for an entry fee and therefore are dubbed as "the oldest team". The New York Justice have came up with there name after the tragic events of 9-11 where the men and women of the state of New York put their lives on the line for the citizens. Their identity has close ties to the "ABA's" biggest competition the MLB, and the New York Yankees. The Yankees are a storied franchise and considered the most successful franchise of all time. With that being said New York Justice has borrowed the jersey design to create their jerseys.

The New York Justice are proud to pay homage to the men and women of New York in their logo by adopting a fire shield logo with a classic baseball design in the middle to tie into America's pastime. This logo is featured on the chest of their home jerseys that don pinstripes. You will see a classic New York script across the chest of the road jersey set. Neither jersey features any shoulder patches. Both the home and away jersey feature a simplistic cap design with "NY" to represent the city. The Justice have bounced back and forth between several color pallets before finally deciding on New York Mets (MLB) blue and orange. After forming a combination of the Yankees and Mets the New York Justice feel they have formed the perfect iconic image for not only a large market franchise but the first team to join the "ABA". Without further adue - New York Justice:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-28-2015, 01:36 AM   #4
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Miami Flamingos

The Miami Flamingos are the second baseball club to join the "ABA" only a day after the Justice and part of the O20. There is rumor that famous Miami native hip/hop artist Pitbull has bought into the club and is part owner of this franchise. The Flamingos were originally slated to play ball in Palm Beach before a class action lawsuit took place over the discrepancy of the teams physical location and city name not lining up. After the discrepancy Miami won the bid and the creation process was able to continue. The Flamingos have came up with there name after history was made in South Florida when the largest flock of Flamingos (147 in total) was found in West Palm Beach County.

The Flamingos are donning a bold logo that features a flamingo in vibrant colors of electric blue, pink, and black. The team has chosen these colors to feature the night life that can be found in Miami. The main logo also features a lightning bolt for the letter "i" to represent the common lightning storms that can be found in Florida.They have decided to mix several elements together in their jersey design with a more classic approach to a single arm stripe and placket. The left shoulder features their secondary mark while the jersey fronts both (home & away) feature the word "Flamingos". Their cap design mimics the script found on their jerseys however there are rumors management is not happy and is looking to simplify the caps. The Flamingos have just recently released their designs during their first press conference featuring Pitbull:
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 08-15-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

are you looking for nickname ideas? I can post tons of jerseys. Namely Chicago Fire. Also would give me a chance to finally create the Seattle Moose jerseys.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #6
Manny42
Major Leagues

This is awesome, I look forward to seeing these
Manny42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
are you looking for nickname ideas? I can post tons of jerseys. Namely Chicago Fire. Also would give me a chance to finally create the Seattle Moose jerseys.
I still am trying to come up with nickname ideas yes; I want to find my own and create my own logos but I am more than willing to entertain any ideas you may have in regards to the nicknames. I am trying (at least for most teams) to tie to some kind of historic even or symbolism to that particular location.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #8
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Green Bay is know for all three meat packing places hence the Packers how about the Green Bay Butchers or Slaughterhouses

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Well Chicago Fire is rather historic. Here is one of many jerseys I have i did not make these.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #10
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Green Bay is know for all three meat packing places hence the Packers how about the Green Bay Butchers or Slaughterhouses
I actually have Green Bay created - and am going to post them soon. Due to what their logo/identity is I may create a back story which cause them to change in the future, and that could certainly be a top consideration
Old 07-28-2015, 11:25 PM   #11
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well Chicago Fire is rather historic. Here is one of many jerseys I have i did not make these.
I like the idea of Chicago Fire; if I went with that nickname I would have to create a new image since New York Justice have already donned a very similar logo.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:55 PM   #12
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Green Bay Warriors

Green Bay has been selected as the 3rd franchise as part as the O20 and the fans are absolutely ecstatic to have not only a professional football team but now a baseball team as well. However after a large amount of controversy across all professional sports in terms of Native American naming (Chicago Blackhawks, Cleveland Indians, & Washington Redskins) Green Bay has decided on the nickname of "Warriors". When deciding on the logo management dug deep into the roots of Green Bay which evidently lead to the Native American chief head. History has it that Jean Nicolet made peace with the Native's in the land of Green Bay when traveling to the America's. Green Bay's baseball club has decided to embrace this as a symbol of peace between all races. However after the initial release the "ABA" as long as other racial equality groups in the U.S. have been trying to put together petitions to remove the logo. Only history well tell if this team's symbol will remain intact.

Green Bay has decided to embark on the iconic green and and gold combo that the Packers use. With sports team's now considering Green Bay as a optimal destination they want to create a unity across all major leagues sharing a similar color scheme. The main logo is meant to serve as a double image for the Native American's that once lived here and made peace as well as the image of warrior to represent a strong unity. The Warrior's have gone with a classic design on their jerseys with the home script reading their nickname in green and gold while the away jersey features the city in which they reside. The main logo for this ball club can be found as a left sleeve patch on both jerseys. As far as caps go the main logo is found on the home while the away reads "GB" to further enhance their brand when playing in out of market locations.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-29-2015, 01:02 AM   #13
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
I love your background stories.
Question why does the Miami road jersey still stay the team nickname and not the city name?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 07-29-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:19 AM   #14
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Well try this one.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #15
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
I love your background stories.
Question why does the Miami road jersey still stay the team nickname and not the city name?
Thank you! I'm trying to bring the teams to life so once my league is ready to kick off I'll have a little background for each team to help bring them to life.

I've thought about making a rule guideline that every team must have the nickname on homes and city on the roads but then that would be a cookie cutter cut out. So I figured to create a few clubs that kind of push the boundaries a little. Miami being a more flashy city and ball club they wanted to embrace their brand on both home and away. Nothing to logical behind it.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #16
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well try this one.
Thanks! I think I may just use that as a foundation for Chicago, maybe mixed with an extra element (no pun intended) or two.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #17
Manny42
Major Leagues

I was wondering if/when you'll share the logos and sets as I love them so far and would love to add some to my fictional world
Manny42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #18
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny42 View Post
I was wondering if/when you'll share the logos and sets as I love them so far and would love to add some to my fictional world
Eventually yes; I will release a zip most likely with all O20 teams uni's and logos.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #19
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

Green Bay Warriors... could you make a copy that's red and blue? (green = red, yellow = blue)

It would be greatly appreciated!
captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #20
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Denver Grizzlies

The Denver Grizzlies have come on board as the fourth franchise in the "ABA". The Grizzlies have mulled several different variations in names in their design process that included the likes of "Brown Bears", "Bears", "Grizzlies", and "Ursidae". After looking into the state history and animals that have resided in Colorado there have been numerous debates about wether the grizzly bear ever actually made a home for itself in the state. Numerous findings state that the grizzly bear has never lived there. However there are rumored sightings taken by bystanders but no further investigating has been to prove this. After all the debates the design team has came to a conclusion to officially bring a new bear to the state with their baseball team and hence decided on the moniker of "Grizzlies".

What better color combo could be used for a team designed after bears then double brown? To further enhance their brand as an accent color Denver has added a tomato colored red to their pallet. The home jersey for Denver embarks their logo on the left sleeve and Grizzlies across the chest in brown outlined in their "tomato red". The Grizzlies have decided to become the first team in the "ABA" to not have a traditional white home jersey but instead using an off white/cream color. The away jersey is an exact clone of the home in terms of design but replaced with a typical road gray shade. Both home and away caps feature a "D" for Denver in the same styled script found on their jerseys. "Tomato red" bills and buttons can be found on the brown caps. The Grizzlies ball club also has a secondary mark that includes a bear's paw print but it currently is not part of the uniform design. Check out the Denver Grizzlies:
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 07-29-2015 at 08:57 PM.