Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #81
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I think for storylines to get better and become more realistic the newspaper portion of this game has to be improved. Take the player getting drafted and leaving to play another sport. A news story about this multi talented player in the newspaper prior to the MLB draft would be nice. All it would have to be is ______ _____ is likely to be drafted in the NFL, so MLB teams will have to consider this when making him their draft pick.

My biggest problem with storylines is they occur, we get a report on them and then nothing else happens. In real life a owner getting in trouble for a ponzi scheme is going to be news for weeks. That's why I say the newspaper portion of the game needs to be beefed up.

We need the newspaper to cover things like playoff and World Series mvp's. Hot and cold teams etc. If a team folds down the stretch it needs to be in the newspaper. I think stuff like this brings a league to life and in doing so its players.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #82
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
whats that from?
Indiana Jones
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #83
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
That's a really good trolling attempt, and an excellent invitation to a flame war, but the problem with it is that it's false. It's not just my opinion. Others share it.

The salient fact is that turning a high-end baseball simulator into an RPG is an incredibly stupid idea and would be a colossal waste of resources that could be devoted to improving the simulation.

We can't even save and load lineups yet, and you guys want the game to become an RPG? Give me a #%^*}{] break.
You're calling me a troll? Now that's funny.

What part of my statement was false? The one about you calling someone a 12 year old or the one about you thinking your opinion is the only one that matters?

No one said that you are the only one that shares your opinion. Of course others will agree with you. I even partly agree with you. But it's the manner in which you spoke.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #84
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Enough already, for Pete's sake.

(Fill in your favorite Pete above.)
Old 10-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #85
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
You're calling me a troll? Now that's funny.

What part of my statement was false? The one about you calling someone a 12 year old or the one about you thinking your opinion is the only one that matters?

No one said that you are the only one that shares your opinion. Of course others will agree with you. I even partly agree with you. But it's the manner in which you spoke.
You were trolling. You knew that your statement about it being only my opinion was false, you just admitted that. The "elitist" comment was an attempted insult, which failed. You're trying hard to make this about me and start a flame war when this discussion is about a really stupid idea. Trolling me won't change that fact. Stick to the argument and leave personalities out of this.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #86
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
I don't know, maybe it's just the passionate The Sims series fan inside of me, but I think that our players in OOTP could use even more intricate detail in their personalities and off-field makeups. I love how in Football Manager, players have to learn to speak foreign tongues, that would be an interesting implementation, as would be the ability to talk to or communicate with our players and coaches. Also, what if the game took storylines to a how new level... player information could show if the player is married, in a relationship, what religion they follow, political beliefs, etc... not as a way to make anyone uncomfortable, but as a way to further make the universe feel like its living and breathing. Maybe the next Sandy Koufax refuses to pitch in the World Series because it falls on Yom Kippur? Maybe a superstar shocks the world and becomes the Michael Sam of baseball? We could even keep tabs on a player's criminal history or other colorful off-field incidents... having players linked to crime organizations or other corruptions like Shoeless Joe. I don't know, maybe these things are too easily offensive, but I would love to see this sorta stuff as an optional thing. Thoughts?
I'd rather stuff actually work in-game than any of this. Like you know, finances than more of this cosmetic stuff. Personalities right now get turned off by me and I'm just one person but hey...
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #87
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Also I think what people are asking for are for the game to do things dynasty writers have been doing ourselves for years. I encourage all you creative souls to write stories. We'd love to read 'em.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #88
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
whats that from?
Bobby Valentine's exit interview, November 2012.

At least it was in my fantasy world...
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #89
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It's a terrible idea for a high-end baseball simulator. It's a great idea if you want an RPG, or if you're 12 years old.
Alright, let me speak. I never meant to drum up controversy when opening this thread. I simply had a feature in mind that I thought could be beneficial to the quality of the game experience and its immersiveness. Unfortunately, some result to name calling antics to get their points across.

I will not state how old I am, but I can let you know, it's not many years above 12 if I'm to be honest. I am probably the youngest person on this forum. So if I'm shedding light upon the game from a different age demographic than you Wolf, please take into account that baseball is losing popularity among my millennial generation, and anything that can bring us back to the game should only be viewed as a positive. I'm assuming that you want OOTP Developments to thrive for many years to come, and only increase its scope; well, I'm telling you something that would appeal to many young, potential customers. Take it or leave it, I don't care--- I'm above battling anonymous, shadow usernames on the internet.
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #90
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You were trolling. You knew that your statement about it being only my opinion was false, you just admitted that. The "elitist" comment was an attempted insult, which failed. You're trying hard to make this about me and start a flame war when this discussion is about a really stupid idea. Trolling me won't change that fact. Stick to the argument and leave personalities out of this.
It's hard to take you serious when you twist words and completely disregard points made. Btw, I don't think you know what a troll is. And saying you have an elitist attitude isn't necessarily supposed to be an insult.

an unrelated note, I've been trying to figure out who you remind me of ever since I joined the boards. You so remind me of Dwight Shrute, lol. Again, not meaning it as an insult.

Edit: lol well maybe Wahoo is 12, lol.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet

Last edited by jpeters1734; 10-16-2014 at 03:04 PM.
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #91
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #92
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
It's hard to take you serious when you twist words and completely disregard points made. Btw, I don't think you know what a troll is. And saying you have an elitist attitude isn't necessarily supposed to be an insult.

an unrelated note, I've been trying to figure out who you remind me of ever since I joined the boards. You so remind me of Dwight Shrute, lol. Again, not meaning it as an insult.

Edit: lol well maybe Wahoo is 12, lol.
Another set of insults and more trolling. I'm extremely disappointed in you.

I ask you to stop making this personal and you made it even more personal. Your conduct is disgraceful.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #93
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

And now one more attempt to get this discussion back onto the subject and away from insults and attacks:

This is an incredibly stupid childish idea that, not coincidentally, was the idea of a child. It would be a monumental waste of resources and would contribute nothing to the actual game.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #94
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
And now one more attempt to get this discussion back onto the subject and away from insults and attacks:

This is an incredibly stupid childish idea that, not coincidentally, was the idea of a child. It would be a monumental waste of resources and would contribute nothing to the actual game.
You say you want to get it away from insults and attacks.... then you follow up with insults and attacks. Nice job, Wolf. Despite my age, which you can make light of, I simply don't care, I think I'm handling this with more maturity than some others on here.
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #95
louisvillec271
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
You say you want to get it away from insults and attacks.... then you follow up with insults and attacks. Nice job, Wolf. Despite my age, which you can make light of, I simply don't care, I think I'm handling this with more maturity than some others on here.
If you aren't already been exposed to or been made cognizant of the fact that this type of conduct exists in open forums, then it's unfortunate that you have been made aware of the fact that exchanges such as the one in this thread are ubiquitous in online forums. People who conduct themselves in this manner feel insulated from the supposed anonymity that the internet provides for them and behave in a ways which they wouldn't in more conventional societal constructs.
louisvillec271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #96
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Alright, let me speak. I never meant to drum up controversy when opening this thread. I simply had a feature in mind that I thought could be beneficial to the quality of the game experience and its immersiveness. Unfortunately, some result to name calling antics to get their points across.

I will not state how old I am, but I can let you know, it's not many years above 12 if I'm to be honest. I am probably the youngest person on this forum. So if I'm shedding light upon the game from a different age demographic than you Wolf, please take into account that baseball is losing popularity among my millennial generation, and anything that can bring us back to the game should only be viewed as a positive. I'm assuming that you want OOTP Developments to thrive for many years to come, and only increase its scope; well, I'm telling you something that would appeal to many young, potential customers. Take it or leave it, I don't care--- I'm above battling anonymous, shadow usernames on the internet.

Well I'm 15, and been playing iOOTP for about 3 years and OOTP for 1.5.

If I wanted chemistry, I'd play Fifa UT (which I do quite frequently).

I would think it would add an interesting dynamic to the game, but it is not worth the time/resources needed. I'd rather see time spent on AI improvement and better league quality control or something than this.

When resources get shared between two products/ideas, like FHM and iOOTP, neither side is happy. There hasn't been an FHM or iOOTP update in months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #97
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisvillec271 View Post
I don't think this is a terrible idea, but it's an idea that has very little probability of ever being developed into the game. The designers have to take consideration of the fact that the people who purchase their product have a wide range of how they play the game. A feature such as this one would pose some issues for the guy who finishes a season in a matter of hours.

In addition, this just doesn't seem like it's a feasible idea at the current point in time. To institute this would require the allotment of resources by the dteam, and those resources are very likely already assigned to address other areas of the game. I just don't think it's realistic to think this can be installed into the game anytime in the near future because of the difficulty it presents for the developers.

Very hard to read. I kinda didn't bother reading it. I'm very sorry to sound rude. Most of us stick to the default font because it's easy to read.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #98
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Very hard to read. I kinda didn't bother reading it. I'm very sorry to sound rude. Most of us stick to the default font because it's easy to read.
Yeah, but how old are you
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #99
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
Also I think what people are asking for are for the game to do things dynasty writers have been doing ourselves for years. I encourage all you creative souls to write stories. We'd love to read 'em.
Yes, the dynasty section of this forum is absolutely incredible. I don't think anything the game could do could ever match the wonderful stories people have been giving us for so many years in the dynasty section.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #100
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's because you're a child. Children and other immature posters here lack the maturity and wisdom to understand the difference between attacking ideas and attacking people.

Adults argue the merits of ideas; children make every argument personal and attack and insult those who disagree with them.

While your idea is incredibly stupid, that does not reflect negatively upon you as a person. Read a biography of Winston Churchill sometime. Or watch some MLB managers manage.