Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #21
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieguy62 View Post
What if you bought the game on the Monday release day, do you still get a steam code?
I think that was one of the "perks" of Pre-ordering.
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFXR01 View Post
I have been playing the Steam version.... it's stable....
And plays like a dream
Yes indeed.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #23
CubsFan915
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.HenryWaugh View Post
Is there any real point to getting a Steam key? I have had OOTP since back in version 2 or 3 days, always standalone products, and OOTP 15 is the same (at least the version I got). My son and I have several games in Steam, but they can't operate outside of Steam, but I wish they could. I would just as soon leave my OOTP the way it is, unless there is a valid reason I don't know about to do it through Steam.
I'm with Henry here - is there any benefit to me as a user to set up my game through Steam now? I know it's to Markus' great benefit to have his game available on Steam. I'm just wondering if there's a compelling reason to go through Steam as well.

CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #24
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The reasons to use Steam now are: you're mobile or social or use multiple computers regularly. If you're conservative, antisocial, and/or stationary, then you don't need it.

Down the line I expect that Steam will offer an OOTP mod workshop, which is a magnificent thing, and multiplayer. At that point the reasons to use Steam will be compelling.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:24 AM   #25
jmdenver
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
The reasons to use Steam now are: you're mobile or social or use multiple computers regularly. If you're conservative, antisocial, and/or stationary, then you don't need it.

Down the line I expect that Steam will offer an OOTP mod workshop, which is a magnificent thing, and multiplayer. At that point the reasons to use Steam will be compelling.
Lol, well you had me at stationary and misanthropic, but lost me at multiple PCs. Nonetheless, I can live on 2, so given that it will likely put another couple bucks into Markus' pocket, I'll go standalone.
jmdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #26
Avindian
Minors (Triple A)

Are there Steam achievements for OOTP 15? I can't access Steam regularly, so I can't tell. Might be a reason to use the Steam version of the game.
Avindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:51 AM   #27
Pieguy62
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFXR01 View Post
I think that was one of the "perks" of Pre-ordering.
Oh well thats a shame. The game doesnt seem to work well on my new laptop, and all of my steam games work great, so i figured OOTP would also work great for me off of steam. Oh well, can someone please inform me on the return policy?
Pieguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #28
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan915 View Post
I'm with Henry here - is there any benefit to me as a user to set up my game through Steam now? I know it's to Markus' great benefit to have his game available on Steam. I'm just wondering if there's a compelling reason to go through Steam as well.
Actually we prefer if you buy OOTP via our own web shop because we don't need to share the revenue with Steam in that case
On the other hand it's good to have many people playing OOTP via Steam because that improves our "visibility" on Steam and will bring us new customers...
Please buy via our web store but if you just like Steam, buy OOTP there - both is good for us Either way many thanks!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:24 AM   #29
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdenver View Post
Hi. Does the OOTP 15 14 day return period apply to Steam purchases? Thinking of upgrading from OOTP 14 but would like that cushion in case the new release is not yet stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I'll ask the developers this, but I'm quite certain the answer is no. As far as I know, orders made through third parties like Steam, Amazon, etc., have to be handled by them. But Steam's official policy is to not give refunds (although they might make exceptions, but I wouldn't count on that).
old timer is correct. Orders made through third parties like Steam, Amazon, etc., have to be handled by them.We can only give refunds on sales which have been made through our web store (we have a 14-days-money-back-guarantee).
Old 04-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #30
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

If I've been playing for a while now and am just getting around to activating it on Steam, will the Steam install keep all of my settings and saved games or no?
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #31
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoheadley View Post
If I've been playing for a while now and am just getting around to activating it on Steam, will the Steam install keep all of my settings and saved games or no?
Yes, it will, if you installed to the default folders.
If you didn't, just copy the saved games from the one folder to the other. Preferences Dialog/Troubleshooting will help you to find the folders.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #32
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Yes, it will, if you installed to the default folders.
If you didn't, just copy the saved games from the one folder to the other. Preferences Dialog/Troubleshooting will help you to find the folders.
Thank you for the quick response, I won't have a problem then.
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #33
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Actually we prefer if you buy OOTP via our own web shop because we don't need to share the revenue with Steam in that case
On the other hand it's good to have many people playing OOTP via Steam because that improves our "visibility" on Steam and will bring us new customers...
Please buy via our web store but if you just like Steam, buy OOTP there - both is good for us Either way many thanks!

If we buy from you (which I always do), we still get that link for getting a Steam key, right? That way great for you monetary wise, great for you we thru Steam for visibility; great for us for mobility (and possible league play between just two folks with no strain, no pain). Is this correct (except possibly the last parenthetical comment).
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #34
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
If we buy from you (which I always do), we still get that link for getting a Steam key, right?
Sorry, but the Steam keys were only given to people who pre-ordered.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #35
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Sorry, but the Steam keys were only given to people who pre-ordered.

Oh! Stand corrected
Old 05-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #36
JungleJim99
Minors (Single A)

Lovin' OOTP15 on Steam!

As a bonus, a 'Steam Friend' of mine saw me playing it (through the Friends List window), asked me about it, and sounded interested enough to buy it (he was going to start with the OOTP14 demo before committing to the purchase.....) Hopefully having OOTP15 on Steam will mean more sales for Marcus!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #37
JohnCarlBishop
Bat Boy

When will we see achievements for the Steam version, if any?
JohnCarlBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #38
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarlBishop View Post
When will we see achievements for the Steam version, if any?
That's definitely on our list for this year. But there's no ETA and no promise, just the plan!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #39
Donevyn
Major Leagues

So I take it if we are changing rigs, and I bought 15 from you folks (pre-order), and got a Steam key, I don't have to worry about unlicensing my copy? ('cause I can't find the 'Preference' tab that is noted in the FAQ for unlicensing)
Old 06-16-2014, 03:53 AM   #40
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
So I take it if we are changing rigs, and I bought 15 from you folks (pre-order), and got a Steam key, I don't have to worry about unlicensing my copy? ('cause I can't find the 'Preference' tab that is noted in the FAQ for unlicensing)
Right, if you're running the Steam version of OOTP you don't need to unlicense OOTP when changing rigs or when formatting the disks. Just install the Steam client on the new computer and it will install OOTP. But you need to make sure that you save your OOTP saved games or the complete data folder if you made changes there.