Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-28-2014, 04:00 AM   #41
dmytron

And score ties in *** are a very huge problem.

At least that's what I got answered when I had asked about historical *** (from 1949 to now).
Old 02-28-2014, 05:24 AM   #42
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
that was my hope for associations but that didn't work out so well. I would think that if that was possible it would of been announced by now so i'm not jumping to that conclusion, although I will hope.
Since you can manually schedule inter-league games,the only problem would be scheduling playoff games manually. The playoff game feature in the schedule editor needs to be best of three,five or seven and I don't think it can work that way.

Update-Just had some weird happenings in some inter-league games(MLB vs Union Baseball Association). For the most part-the road teams stats have been zeroed out. I had one player on a road team that his stats remained the same. I checked the players overall stats(player page) and the game has been separated from the other league games.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-28-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #43
nico1270
Minors (Triple A)

what will happen with the cuban mid-season draft?
where teams that advance to the second round will draft players from the eliminated teams.

I remember playing with the cuban league template in OOTP12 and some owners decided to relocate teams to other cities. this should not be allowed, as each team represents a province. and there are not owners.
nico1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #44
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico1270 View Post
what will happen with the cuban mid-season draft?
where teams that advance to the second round will draft players from the eliminated teams.
It's not going to happen in OOTP.

The game would need to have loan functionality for this to work and as discussed previously in this thread that won't be present in 15.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #45
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I'm just going to point out the ***, KBO, and CPBL each have their own unique playoff formats. If these leagues are going to be truly represented, that aspect of real life ought to be included too. (Not to mention those leagues all allow tie games.)
To say nothing about the structure in the Netherlands (based on a Google translation of this page):

REGULAR SEASON
  • The 8 teams play a 42-game regular season, split into two 21-game halves.
  • The first and second place teams in each half qualify for the Playoffs.
  • If any teams are in the top two in both halves, the third place team (and fourth, if necessary) in the second half also qualify for the Playoffs.
  • The teams are seeded in the playoffs by their cumulative win-loss record (at least, I think that's what the translation means.)
  • "It is next season also tracked a total state." (I don't really get that at all.)
PLAYOFFS
  • After the regular season of, the league will be split into two separate competitions: Playoffs and Runner-Up competition.
  • The four teams in the Playoffs play each other in a round-robin format, with each team playing each other 3 times for a total of 9 games.
RUNNER-UP COMPETITION
  • The four teams that don't qualify for the playoffs will play in the Runner-Up competition (formerly known as "Play-Downs").
  • The site doesn't specify, but I believe these teams play a round-robin format the same as the Playoff teams.
  • The teams are seeded in the same manner as the Playoff teams (although again, I'm not 100% sure if I'm reading the seeding criteria right).
  • The winner of the Runner-Up competition earns the right to host the next season's All Star Game.
HOLLAND SERIES
  • The top two teams in the Playoff competition play a best-of-7 series for the championship.
PROMOTION-RELEGATION
  • The loser of the runner-up competition plays the winner of Honkball Overgangsklasse (the second division) in a best-of-5 series. The winner moves into (or stays in) Honkbal Hoofdsklasse, the loser relegates to (or stays in) Honkball Overgangsklasse.

As excited as I am about the Netherlands being included in OOTP 15, I doubt that much of this (if any) will be accurately modeled.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 02-28-2014 at 12:03 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #46
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
As excited as I am about the Netherlands being included in OOTP 15, I doubt that much of this (if any) will be accurately modeled.
Promotion-Relegation certainly won't be. Dunno about the rest.

Bigrod's making real schedules, not sure how much he can do with some of the more unusual formats like Holland's. I think he managed to create Cuba's schedule pretty accurately, so who knows?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #47
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Yes a big thanks has to go out to lukasberger and haveband for getting the leagues into the game. But also a WTF were you guys thinking has to go out to them too!
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #48
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Yes a big thanks has to go out to lukasberger and haveband for getting the leagues into the game. But also a WTF were you guys thinking has to go out to them too!
I wonder that myself pretty well every day now
Old 02-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #49
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
It all sounded like a good idea at the time. Honestly though guys, if Lukas and I could have one or two more guys helping us with ratings who understand how the ratings work), we could so much more done. We have the rest of the beta team helping out getting a lot of the other things done in the rosters, but a few more guys would make our lives soooooooooooooooo much easier.

If any of you out there are solid with rating players and have free time and wanna join the roster team, please PM myself and Lukas.

HB
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #50
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Wish I could help, I just don't have the free time at the moment
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
It all sounded like a good idea at the time. Honestly though guys, if Lukas and I could have one or two more guys helping us with ratings who understand how the ratings work), we could so much more done. We have the rest of the beta team helping out getting a lot of the other things done in the rosters, but a few more guys would make our lives soooooooooooooooo much easier.

If any of you out there are solid with rating players and have free time and wanna join the roster team, please PM myself and Lukas.

HB
Yes, please do
Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #52
ToLucky1985
Bat Boy

Having seen over 100 *** games and being a fan club member of the Tigers and Buffaloes, I'm eager to see how the development team does with the *** in OOTP15. Work hard team! The long hours will be worth it!
ToLucky1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #53
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToLucky1985 View Post
Having seen over 100 *** games and being a fan club member of the Tigers and Buffaloes, I'm eager to see how the development team does with the *** in OOTP15. Work hard team! The long hours will be worth it!
I can promise you'll be happy with the *** rosters. They're pretty well complete now, just need to finalize numbers, contracts, and a few offseason moves.

As for the rest of the *** stuff, just waiting on Markus to see what he comes up with. I'm sure it'll be great.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #54
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Gonna put this out there for anyone. I'd love to include real players for the 2014 *** draft. I know there are a few sites that specialize in draft coverage but they aren't easy to follow using google translate.

If you can read Kanji and especially if you follow and are interested in Japanese amateur baseball and have time to do some research, please, please send me a PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #55
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

The *** playoffs seem the change year to year. Last year I think the PL had a four-team playoff series (I don't pay any attention to the PL so I could be wrong) and the CL had three teams. The 2nd and 3rd seed teams play a best-of-three series at the 2nd seed's home field.

The winner of that series plays the 1st seed team at the 1st seed team's home field. It's a best of seven series but only six games are played. The 1st seed team is awarded one win, so the 1st seed team only needs to win 3 games while the other team must win 4.
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #56
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I've already spent some time on the PCM's and hope to fine tune them even more, with some additional input from Markus, before the rosters are released.

That's a good link, thanks for posting it. I found it some time ago and used it in my assessment of the int leagues.

I don't entirely agree with the article's conclusions, as those I've talked to who are in a position to know, and some other studies I've seen, rate the levels of play in Japan and Korea as being higher than the article describes.

All things being equal I'll go with the opinion of Clay Davenport over most anyone else. He knows the int leagues incredibly well and is as good a baseball mind as there is outside of MLB front offices. The article's author's reasoning is less than convincing to me and factually inaccurate in a couple places.

Will add some of my thoughts on the articles thoughts in case anyone cares:

1. The track record of Japanese players in the US is far, far better than the article admits. In fact the majority of Japanese players moving to the US have actually outperformed both expectations and their contracts.

2. For every AAAA player who becomes a star in Japan there are another two to three AAAA players who were even better in the US who fall flat on their faces and end up spending most of their time in the Ni-gun (AAA). It's not unusual for those guys to be released before their contract is up.

The few Balentien types who do become *** stars actually progress as players and finally start to reach their potentials. The same thing happens in MLB. Chris Davis ring any bells? Many times MLB teams simply give up on AAAA players far too soon and *** teams sometimes reap the rewards.

3. Of course it's also worth noting that the level of play in Japan is just a little lower than in MLB and in the case of some AAAA players that and the slower velocities in general are the additional boost they need to thrive. But if the level of play was actually as low as the article's author describes, I don't think you'd see nearly as many "busts" among AAAA type guys in the *** as there are.

As for the statements on Taiwan and Korea, while I think the article gets Taiwan's level about right, it's low on Korea. Korea is generally accepted as falling somewhere between the levels of the CPBL and the ***, not on par with the CPBL.

Additionally the statements that Taiwan and Korea mostly serve as feeder leagues for the *** are simply factually inaccurate. Very, very few players from either the CPBL or KBO ever move to the *** at all. Maybe one or two per year at the most. There's also very, very little movement from the *** to the KBO and only slightly more from the *** to the CPBL. So there's no accurate way to say that Taiwan or Korea are feeder leagues for Japan. They aren't.

I also disagree with the article's assessment of top D1 teams compared to R level teams. Top D1 teams are significantly better than R teams imo, but that's a discussion for another time.

Beyond that stuff though, I'd have to generally agree with the other levels the article postulates.

Anyhow didn't post all this to criticize the article too much, just to provide some info on where my assessment differs and thus some of the differences you'll see in the ratings of the real players in the roster set and likely the PCM's as well.

Great news. I agree and also I used that article as a reference point (and other research of my own) and came to modified settings as some of those comparisons were indeed off.

As for stats, what is the plan? Are there separate txt files for each league? I hope 15 will allow us to set league modifiers for the other stats like steals, etc.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #57
ToLucky1985
Bat Boy

Quote:
Gonna put this out there for anyone. I'd love to include real players for the 2014 *** draft. I know there are a few sites that specialize in draft coverage but they aren't easy to follow using google translate.

If you can read Kanji and especially if you follow and are interested in Japanese amateur baseball and have time to do some research, please, please send me a PM.
Good luck with that! My kanji is terrible.

Last edited by ToLucky1985; 03-03-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #58
ToLucky1985
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom the Fish View Post
The *** playoffs seem the change year to year. Last year I think the PL had a four-team playoff series (I don't pay any attention to the PL so I could be wrong) and the CL had three teams. The 2nd and 3rd seed teams play a best-of-three series at the 2nd seed's home field.

The winner of that series plays the 1st seed team at the 1st seed team's home field. It's a best of seven series but only six games are played. The 1st seed team is awarded one win, so the 1st seed team only needs to win 3 games while the other team must win 4.
The 2013 schedule was all screwed up. While the first round of the PL Climax Series was going on, Rakuten and Orix were playing make up games for rain outs.

The format is geared to try and give the regular season champions as much of an advantage as possible. Teams have a 40 man roster limit for the playoffs. To further complicate matters, if the 2nd and 3rd place teams have the same record at the end of the season, the team with a better record the PREVIOUS season gets the spot.

Climax Series Stage 1
3rd place vs 2nd place. Best of 3, all games played at 2nd place teams stadium. 12 innings max. If tied after three games (1-1-1 or 0-0-3) the 2nd place team advances to Stage 2.

Climax Series Stage 2
Stage 1 winners vs 1st place teams. Best of 6, all games at 1st place teams stadium. 1st place team begins the series with a 1-0 advantage. 12 innings max. If the 1st place team is up 2-0 and the third game ends in a tie, the 1st place team is credited with the win.

If any of the Climax Series series ends in a tie the the team with the better regular season record advances to the Japan Series.

Japan Series
Best of 7. 2-3-2. 15 innings max. If after the 7 games it is a tie (3-3-1 for example), then an 8th game will be played with no maximum on the innings played.

Quite the headache IMHO.

While on the topic of OOTP, might be a good time to mention there are three all-star games played during the all-star break. One at a Pacific League stadium, one at a Central League stadium and one at a neutral stadium. There are many games played during the season at neutral stadiums so fans all around Japan can have a chance to see the *** teams in action.

Last edited by ToLucky1985; 03-03-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #59
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
As for stats, what is the plan? Are there separate txt files for each league?etc.
I'm not exactly following your question here. Sorry I've added all the players real stats already, though I suspect that's not what you're asking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I hope 15 will allow us to set league modifiers for the other stats like steals, etc.
14 already allows us to do that. It doesn't auto calculate the modifiers for steals etc based on the real numbers though, if that's what you mean. Not sure if that'll change in 15 or not.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #60
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not exactly following your question here. Sorry I've added all the players real stats already, though I suspect that's not what you're asking about

14 already allows us to do that. It doesn't auto calculate the modifiers for steals etc based on the real numbers though, if that's what you mean. Not sure if that'll change in 15 or not.

I was speaking about the statistical output for the new leagues. Will they have league totals from last season?

I also was wondering if we were getting more categories to input stats in for league total modifiers. In 14, I couldn't really get my Nippon league stat output to match reality because I was unable to input other stats to fine tune things. Stats like steals, SH, Etc were comparable to MLB instead of ***.