Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-20-2015, 01:02 PM   #1041
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Spring Training Preview

The Cavaliers head into spring training with no noticeable weaknesses, and only a couple of position battles.

The position battles will be:
2B Robinson Lopez vs Bernardo Velez
3B Mario Gomez vs Robinson Lopez
Utility Carlos Franco vs Felipe Mora vs Yoelbi Mosca
3rd String C Mike Baldwin vs Peter Alexander

The outfield is pretty much set, but very deep... Leonard Lawson is next in line to take over for Jeff Lewis, but Sergio Rodriguez is right there. those two guys will be my 4 and 5th outfielders and should get a lot of AB's.

On the rotation we have to figure out our rotation. 1-4 is set just as it was last season, but that 5th slot has me torn.
Paul Brown, Miguel Contreras, Cornell Pearson and Miguel Angel Gonzalez.

Then we have Carlos Coronado (L) the lone lefty starter and Armando Lopez and Vaughan Griffith... They will all get some spring starts. Vaughan will start the spring in the bullpen.

As for the pen I am pretty sure its locked up. Similar to last season. Jesus Ramirez, Luis Martinez, David Moran, and Eric Helton... And there are a couple of kids who deserve a shot, Michael Meagher, Alberto Sanchez and Luis Manuel Gonzalez.

Alberto Sanchez may have to get moved if I can't find a roster slot for him. He is out of options, as is Jesus Ramirez. Ramirez isn't happy cause he wants to be in the rotation... Problem with Ramirez is he is very well known and has a lot of talent... why trade him? We will see what the spring brings.

The initial predictions have the Cavaliers winning 108 games with the Senators right behind us with 90. They are coming at us this season, so it should be interesting.
Attached Images

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #1042
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Spring Training 2025 - Report 1 of 2 (March 20, 2025)

Around the League:
Top WAR Gained:
Wilmington Iron Pigs (8.4)
Annapolis Admirals (8.2)
Washington Senators (8.1)
Ellicott City Express (3.3)
Milton Brewers (3.1)

Top WAR Lost:
Salisbury Ports (-6.9)
Chesapeake Blue Crabs (-5.6)
Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs (-5.6)
Newark Millers (-3.4)
Lewes Braves (-2.9)

Spring Standings:
Southern: Georgetown Sixteens: 10-2 .833 (+3)
Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 7-5 .583 (+1)
Eastern: Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs: 9-3 .750 (+1)
Western: Norfolk Cavaliers: 8-4 .667 (+2)

Spring Leaders:
AVG: Lucio Pena, Annapolis Admirals: .577
HR: Jiong Wu, Washington Senators: 7
RBI: Jiong Wu, Washington Senators: 17
Runs: Doug Dook, Georgetown Sixteens: 13

W: Todd Eldridge, Georgetown Sixteens: 4
ERA: Many with 0.00
K's: Ceaser Ayala, Ellicott City Express / Brian Smith, Annapolis Admirals: 15
BB: Eric Loveland, Wilmington Iron Pigs: 13

Trades:
none

Signings:
Milton Brewers: MR Elmer Hawkins: 1 yr / $920,000
Ellicott City Express: C Jose Rodriguez: 1 yr / $3,360,00
Richmond Cardinals: SP Alfred Roberts: 1 yr / $1,380,000
Christiana Blue Hens: MR Derek Carter: 2 years / $3,840,000
Richmond Cardinals: SP Juan Torres: 1 year / $620,000
Newark Millers: C William Sloan: 1 year / $921,000
Lewes Braves: SP Rodrigo Alomar: 1 year / $3,210,000
Christiana Blue Hens: SP Eugene Carpenter: 1 year / $3,290,000
Richmond Cardinals: SP Jason Mathis: 1 year / $1,500,000

Injuries:
Washington Senators: SS Jose Diaz, torn meniscus, out 2 months. Diaz hit .274-35-99 last season for the Senators.
Annapolis Admirals: MR Kevin Snyder, torn labrum, out 4-5 months. Snyder pitched in 51 games last season posting a 3-4 5.09 record for the Admirals.

Cav's Corner
Budget: $138,000,000 (11th)
Payroll: $119,916,750 (9th)
Money for FA: none
Money for Ext: $2,250,000
Fan Interest: 100
WAR gained/lost: -0.9

Roster Details
Batters: 22 players, will carry 14
Pitchers: 16 pitches, will carry 11

Leaders:
Hits: Alejandro Diaz / Trevor Parker - 10
HRs: Trevor Parker / King Brock - 2
RBI: Alejandro Diaz - 8
Runs: King Brock - 8

IP: Eric Helton - 10.1
Ks: Eric Helton - 13
ERA: Luis Martinez / Luis Manuel Gonzalez: 0.00
ER: Miguel Angel Gonzalez: 5

Hot:
Peter Alexander: 6-10
Trevor Parker: 10-29, 2 HR, 5 RBI
King Brock: 8-26, 2 HR, 6 RBI
Luis Martinez: 4.0 IP, 5 K, 1 H, 0 R
Cornell Pearson: 8.0 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 9 K

Not:
Augusto Rodriquez: 4-18
Alejandro Diaz: 10 K's / 40 AB's
Vaughan Griffith: 6 IP, 9 H, 4 ER

Trades:
coming soon...

Signings:
none

Injuries:
Jeff Lewis, Bruised thumb, missed 6 days
Anthony Lucarelli, strained quad, missed 5 days

Roster Moves:
none yet

Up Next:
Second Half of Spring Training
Regular Season Predictions
Top Prospects / Organizations
Opening Day

and the spin off:

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
Old 04-20-2015, 04:05 PM   #1043
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Cavaliers, Millers Make a Deal

After a week in the making the Cavaliers and the Newark Millers pulled off a huge deal. Some analysts question why the Cav's would pull off such a lop-sided deal and others say it was a great deal. The final results won't be known for a few years, but in the end both teams believe they came out winners...

The Cavaliers sent four players and an 11th round pick to the Millers:

MR Taheiji Otani, 28 years-old, who signed a deal with the Cavaliers for $4,550,000 last year, but a spring training injury kept him off the field all-season. He has yet to throw a pitch at the big league level in the DBL.

MR Mitsuharu Heida, 28 years-old, signed for $1,000,000 in 2021 and began his season in AA. By the end of the season he was in AAA, which is where he has been ever since. Heida went 3-1 6.10, with 3 saves in 42 games last year in AAA.

MR Rodrigo Avalos, a 20 year-old, who was discovered by the Cav's scout Alexis Shelton in 2021. Signed and made his minor-league debut last season going 1-0 6.57 with a save in 6 games.

SS Jimmy Lewis, a 19 year-old, was drafted 21st overall by the Cav's in 2023 and has a very high ceiling. Listed as a SS, he may need to find a new position to make it to the bigs, he just isn't' that good defensively. He is fast, he makes contact and will find the gaps. Rated as the #29 prospect in the DBL before last season, he hit .270-3-36 during his second season in A-ball.

in return the Cavaliers received one player:

SS Claudio Flores, is just 21 years-old and is a 5* prospect. He is known for his great glove, speed and decent contact. He was added to the Cav's to add insurance at SS this season and will most likely start the season at AAA. Last year Flores made his debut in the bigs hitting .214-2-25 in 79 games for the Millers, and he stole 41 bases between the bigs and AAA.

GM Tony Luke's comments:
This deal was a big deal for us. We moved Otani, who we would of liked to keep, but for salary purposes it made sense. So dropping that 4.5 million was a key to this deal. The Millers really wanted (Alberto) Sanchez, but we were able to talk them into taking Heida. Sanchez will most likely be the 11th man in the Cav's bullpen to open the season. And we look at Flores as a perfect swap for Lewis, just 2 years more developed. Lewis could be a star, but we needed someone now and not in 3-4 years...

The goal here is simple. To solidify the roster for years to come. Flores will take over at SS when he is ready, moving Lucarelli to second and Lopez and Gomez will fight it out for third. The worst part is Augusto Rodriguez's contact. He still has a year left on his deal... I think in the end this is a win/win for us.
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 04-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #1044
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Spring Training 2025 - Report 2 of 2 (April 2, 2025)

Around the League:
Top WAR Gained:
Wilmington Iron Pigs (9.3)
Annapolis Admirals (8.2)
Washington Senators (8.1)
Richmond Cardinals (4.3)
Ellicott City Express (3.3)

Top WAR Lost:
Salisbury Ports (-6.9)
Chesapeake Blue Crabs (-5.6)
Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs (-5.6)
Newark Millers (-3.7)
Lewes Braves (-2.9)

Leaders:
Southern: Georgetown Sixteens: 14-10 .583 (+1)
Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 15-9 .625 (+1)
Eastern: Baltimore Barons / Chesapeake Blue Crabs: 13-11 .542 (+1)
Western: Washington Senators: 17-7 .708 (+2)

AVG: Kent Davis, Baltimore Barons: .538
HR: Jiong Wu, Washington Senators: 12
RBI: Jiong Wu, Washington Senators: 30
Runs: Doug Dook, Georgetown Sixteens/King Brock, Norfolk Cavaliers: 18

W: Todd Eldridge, Georgetown Sixteens: 4
ERA: 4 tied w/ 0.56
K's: Steve Craft, New Castle Colonials: 28
BB: Hector Santos, Milford Clippers: 18

Trades:
none

Signings:
Wilmington Iron Pigs: C Alfredo Marin: 5 years / $70,000,000 (extension)
Wilmington Iron Pigs: MR Emmett Atkis: 1 year / $3,390,000
Newark Millers: MR Macario Abelaira: 1 year / $2,620,000
Baltimore Barons: MR Alberto Gonzalez: 1 year / $3,300,000
Ocean City Tourist: MR Mike Palmer: 1 year / $690,000
Richmond Cardinals: OF Brian Cline: 1 year / $2,790,000
Newark Millers: SS Pedro Deleon: 1 year / $720,000
Richmond Cardinals: MR Barney Butler: 1 year / $980,000
Ocean City Tourists: MR Keith White: 1 year / $1,900,000

Injuries:
Annapolis Admirals: 2B Dave McGill, out 6-7 weeks w/ a herniated disc
Georgetown Sixteens: Pablo Freitas, out 5 months w/ torn back muscle
Washington Senators: Jiong Wu, out 6 weeks w/ strained oblique

Cav's Corner
Budget: $138,000,000 (11th)
Payroll: $119,916,750 (9th)
Money for FA: none
Money for Ext: $4,210,000
WAR gained/lost: -0.9

Batters: @ 19 players, will carry 14
Pitchers: @ 13 pitches, will carry 11

Leaders:
Hits: King Brock - 22
HRs: King Brock - 6
RBI: King Brock - 14
Runs: King Brock - 18

IP: Eric Helton - 19.2
Ks: Vaughan Griffith - 21
ERA: Luis Martinez: 0.00 (10.0 IP, 4 H)
ER: Vaughan Griffith: 13

Signings:
Well we didn't get Alberto Gonzalez. The Barons dropped 3+ million on him, can't really blame him for taking the money. It will be interesting to see how he does. I find that a lot of the relievers make big money thier first few years, but once their initial contract wares off they don't make nearly as much. Derek Carter signed for under 1 million. He was getting a 5 million arbitration number when he was with the Cav's! Crazy.

Injuries:
Vaughan Griffith, was day to day with a forearm cramp.

Roster Moves:
MR Angel Rivera - was hurt most of spring, 22 years old, sent to AAA
MR Tariel Ratishvili - 8.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 6 K, control 9/10, needs to develop, sent to AAA
SS Maximiliano Bastardo - 0-11, signed last year for a reserve
2B Yoelbi Mosca - 4-18, 3 RBI, signed 2 years ago for a reserve, still hanging around
SP Carlos Coronado - 5 G, 3 GS, 13.1 IP, 14 H, 9 R, 5 K, 12 K, 6.08 ERA, sent to AAA. Carlos had a chance to earn a rotation slot this year, and has one option left. Should be in the bigs, but with the option the 26 yr old will be sent down. I may look to move him, but I am not sure.
OF Trevor Parker - 15-46 .326, 2 HR, 8 RBI, leaves spring injured

Pitching Update:
Due ot option years, it looks like Luis Manuel Gonzalez, Carlos Coronado and Michael Meagher will be sent down to AAA. They will remain with the team however through spring.

Batting Update:
Mark Bolton almost lost his back-up job after a very slow start, but he warmed up near the end. First time spring player Mike Baldwin, however was impressive hiting .294-1-3 in 17 AB's. If Baldwin wasn't a righty he may have ended up on the roster as the #2 catcher over Baldwin. Peter Alexander hit .429 this spring in 21 AB's as he just keeps it going year in and year out.

I will have to finialzed my roster over the next few days for opening day, but I am pretty sure it is set. The hardest part for me is going to be who are my top three outfielders. Hamer has the most power, but was disappointing this spring hitting only .250, Jeff Lewis didn't fair much better hitting .231, and my CF Sergio Galvez hit .275... the two guys fighting for PT are Sergio Rodriquez and Leonard Lawson, both had decent springs, .291-0-9 and .362-1-9 respectively. This outfield is deep and strong and Parker who was sent down, will be ready to take over for Lewis next season.

King Brock earned his slot back as the starting DH with a solid spring. He had the most swings of any other Cav's player and he looked good. Hopefully he will have a bounce-back year.

GM Thoughts:
Three of the top 5 teams in WAR gained came from the Cav's division and this sort of scares me. The Senators are going to be a tough team this year and in the end I have a feeling this season will be a battle, and I am not sure of what the outcome is going to be. I have always had strong teams that stormed through the regular season, but this year is one of those "we will see years". Hopefully, we can stay healthy and put it all together...

Up Next:
Regular Season Predictions
Top Prospects / Organizations
Opening Day - April 7th

and the spin off:

Old 04-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #1045
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Top Prospects / Systems

Top 100 Prospects List Published: The season is about to start, so it's time to publish the annual Top 100 Prospects list. This year 17-year-old left fielder Jorge Arredondo of the Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs is the #1 prospect overall.

Here is the top 10:
1) LF Jorge Arredondo, 17, Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs
2) SP Gonzalo Bustamante, 19, Georgetown Sixteens
3) 1B Edward Barnes, 22, Milton Brewers
4) 2B Roberto Zavala, 20, Salisbury Ports
5) SP Ernie Kennedy, 20, Ellicott City Express
6) CF José Chávez, 20, Lewes Braves
7) SP Joaquín Hernández, 20, Norfolk Cavaliers
8) RF Lúcio Peña, 20, Annapolis Admirals
9) SP Patrick Everett, 21, Milton Brewers
10) SP Gilberto Rico, 19, Georgetown Sixteens

You can view the full list in the Top Prospects Report from the reports menu (inside the league menu). The Top Minor League Systems Report has been updated as well.

Jorge Arredondo singed with the Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs during the 2023 season as a sixteen year old. He made his debut on the top 100 list last season at #11. After a decent minor league year in short-season A (.248-1-16) he was called up to single-A where he struggled during his 23 games (.161-0-6). Jorge is young a full of talent, he could be the game premiere lead-off hitter if he develops.

Last years #1 prospect, Gonzalo Bustamante, falls to #2. AT 19, Gonzalo will begin the season in AAA. Last year his first in the DBL, he pitched at every level with moderate success. A: 12 GS, 2-8 5.16, AA: 33 G 3-3 2.90, 22 SV, AAA: 2 G, 2 0-0 4.50 2 SV, DBL: 7 G 0-0 3.75... with the little bit of time he saw up in the bigs last year many question a) why was he called up, and b) since he was called up why isn't he there now?... Gonzalo will be back in the rotation when the AAA season starts, and depending how the Sixteens do he could be back up in Georgetown before we know it.

I tried to acquire Bustamante a few times this off-season, but the asking price started to get a little to high. Despite the world of talent, Alexis only sees him at 6/10 in control and that ended up scaring me off from pulling the "big one" off. He does however have 10/16 stuff, and can hit 101 on the radar gun, getting groundballs 64% of the time. He has a bright future that is for sure.

Top Minor League Systems:

The Cavaliers take over the #1 ranked minor league system with 5 players, all pitchers, in the top 35. Joaquin Hernandez was the #3 rated player last season and falls to the #7, but has a super high ceiling. At 20 years-old he is only a season or two away from making the bigs. He is probably better than some of the starting pitchers from around the league, but with only one minor league season under his belt the Cav's are going to be patient.

On top of having 5 players in the top 35, that aren't listed on the top organization, we have 10 players on the to 100 list. The future is bright in Norfolk...
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 04-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #1046
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2025 DelMarVa Baseball League Predictions

Delaware Conference

The preseason predictions are in and it looks like is going to be a fun season in the DBL. The favorites to come out of the Delaware Conference are the Wilmington Iron Pigs, who are looking to return to the playoffs for the first time since 2017. They are loaded up with a win-now attitude, with a depleted minor league system to prove it... over in the other division the Braves are chasing their 7-th straight divisional title with only 2 starters returning from last season! Its going to be fun to see how PC Bill Gillespie turns this staff in to winners...

Conference Championship: Wilmington Iron Pigs over the Lewes Braves

Silver Slugger Favorites:
1) Arturo Martinez, Wilmington Iron Pigs
2) Ricardo Hidalgo, Christiana Blue Hens
3) Woody Brown, Milford Clippers

Golden Arm Favorites:
1) Ricardo Gonzalez, Wilmington Iron Pigs
2) Brad Rose, Newark Millers
3) Guillermo Alfonso, Christiana Blue Hens

MarVa Conference

In the MarVa Conference the predictions are in for the same two teams to return to the Conference Championship as last season. The Blue Crabs lost 2 of their top hitters, but return one of the most powerful lineups around. Can they hold off the Barons and the upstart Surf Dawgs? We will know in 162 games. The Blue Crabs have made the playoffs 3 times, including 1 Championship appearance, and they have their eyes on the prize. The Cavaliers are predicted to win over 100 games again (last year the prediction was 99), and hold off the money spending Washington Senators. The Senators spent a lot of money during the off-season and will lead the charge to take down the Cavaliers who are looking for their 10th straight divisional title.

Conference Championship: Norfolk Cavaliers defeat the Chesapeake Blue Crabs

Silver Slugger Favorites:
1) Francisco Reyes, Ocean City Tourists
2) Alberto Molinero, Chesapeake Blue Crabs
3) Javier Lopez, Chesapeake Blue Crabs

Golden Arm Favorites:
1) Cornell Pearson, Norfolk Cavaliers
2) Paul Brown, Norfolk Cavaliers
3) Chris Steele, Washington Senators

DelMarVa Baseball League Champion

Championship Game: Wilmington Iron Pigs defeat the Norfolk Cavaliers 4 games to 2.

and the spin off:

Old 04-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #1047
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

The 2025 Cavaliers

Cav's Corner:
The final roster moves have been made and the opening day roster is set.

C Mike Baldwin was sent down to AAA, this was a tough call and he will see some time up with the Cav's if Mark Bolton falters.

Pete Alexander, our 30 year old, third string catcher was waived and DFA'd and will be sent to AAA if he agrees. Last year Alexander hit .214 in 4 September games with the Cav's. He he is our #3/4 catcher, and with the emergence of Baldwin his time with Norfolk is starting to dwindle.

3B Carlos Franco was sent down to AAA. I was saddened by his play in September last year and he will be set off to learn how to play 2B this season. He will most likely be the teams utility man next year. I don't see Bernardo Velez hanging around much longer, with his limited defense and offensive skills.

3B Felipe Mora was shipped down as well. Mora to me is nothing more than a 4A player, he crushes AAA pitching but struggles in the bigs. He will be kept around for a reserve, but could be moved by seasons end. Not sure what a 1* player will bring me. Could have a decent career with another team, maybe.

MR Luis Manuel Gonzalez was sent down to AAA. He is my 11th pitcher, any injuries will see him making his debut in the bigs. He is an all-around solid pitcher, reminds me a lot of Vaughan Griffith talent wise. If only he had one more pitch.

SP Michael Meagher was sent down as well. At 24, he will be starting his fourth season in the minors. Very similar pitcher to Gonzalez, but gets more grounders. He will be a starter down on the farm, but if he is called up will see time in the pen. he was 11-2 in AAA last year and has a high ceiling. I look forward to his debut.

SS Claudio Flores was the final cut. I really didn't want to send him down, but I felt like I had to. It is either keep him and trade Bernardo Velez or send him down. He will be the first player called up in case of an injury and is right now, the Cav's shortstop of the future (2026). he only hit .200 this spring, so maybe some time in AAA will be good for him.

2025 Cavaliers Opening Day Roster
Line-ups:

I like lineup we are throwing out there, a solid defensive crew and a good mix of power and speed. Not a real big change between the right and lefty lineup, just a little switch around and Lawson is in instead of Brock. I like the Lefty/Righty mix of the top 7 and I feel like this lineup should score us a lot of runs. I look forward to Galvez reaching the predicted 30/30 club...

Leonard Lawson and Sergio Rodriguez are my 4th and 5th outfielders and my goal is to get both of them 300+ PA's. Both are young and need to swing the bat and both will play a large role next season when Jeff Lewis falls off the roster... one thing to keep in mind is that Hamer is listed as "fragile" and that scares me, but at least we have the depth to pick up for him even if we lost a little power.

On the infield, Bernardo Velez and Augusto Rodriquez are the back-up infielders. Not a great back-up duo, but both play solid defense and will get the job done. With the emergence of Robinson Lopez and the way Mario Gomez played last season Rodriguez will move to the bench (as a fan of his this is tough for me to do). Gomez and Lucarelli are "fragile" players, and luckily we have a couple of pretty decent guys at AAA ready for the call.

Behind the dish Diaz will get most of the playing time with Mark Bolton playing every 4 to 5 days. Baldwin is going to take his swings at AAA and if Bolton doesn't start making contact he could see some time back down at AAA. Baldwin is a top prospect and a solid defender. The only issue with him is he is a righty and Bolton is a lefty. Having that lefty (Bolton) righty (Diaz) combo is nice.

Rotation:

Nothing overly different between this year and last year in the bullpen. I asked our manager Ray who he wanted as the #5 he went with Griffith over Lopez. Lopez isn't that happy by the move, but he has done well out of the pen and will get some starts in... The bullpen is pretty much the same as last season with the exception of Alberto Sanchez getting the call replacing Dalton Whitaker.

Meet the 2025 Opening Day Cavaliers:

Speaking of Dalton Whitaker, this is the first time in the history of the Cavaliers the team picture for opening day won't include him. He had a in impressive run and things will be a little different without him. He was the lone Cavaliers player to be on every team.

There are no rookies on the Cavaliers roster, but maybe Alberto Sanchez who does have a cup of coffee or two. We head into 2025 healthy and ready to play, knowing that a target is on our back.

In my career with the Cavaliers, 10 division titles and 5 championship, our owner has only expected us to make the playoffs 2 times. This year being the second time. This season it may be tough too, however I do like this team and I like our changes... that being said I know its going to be tough. The Senators are a solid team, with 2 Golden Arm'esq pitchers and a lot of power... I thought last season was going to be tough and it didn't turn out that way, but this year it may.

Its been a long off-season and I am (and hopefully the fans are too) ready for a big 2025 season. Time to get on with opening day and the first pitches... Lets go Cav's!!

and the spin off:

Old 04-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #1048
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - Opening Week - 2025

Week 1 - Opening Week!!
Current Week: 3-3 (3-3 .500 / +-3.0)
Next Week: 2 vs Baltimore Barons, 2 vs Annapolis Admirals, 3 @ Salisbury Ports
Power Ranking: 11
Owners Mood: Ecstatic

Runs Scored: 40 (2nd)
Avg: .297 (3rd)
HR: 8 (t-4th)
SB: 3 (t-3rd)
Runs Against: 24 (3rd)
Starters ERA: 3.05 (2nd)
Pen ERA: 4.35 (4th)
Def Eff: .679 (7th)

Game 1: Norfolk 13, Richmond 1
Paul Brown (1-0): 8.1 IP, 5 H, 0 R, BB, 5 K
Anthony Lucarell: 4-6, 2B, 3 R, RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 3-4, 3 2B, 2 R, RBI
King Brock: 2-3, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI
Alejandro Diaz: 2-3, 3 RBI
Henry hamer: 1-5, HR (1), 3 RBI
H: 17, LOB: 4

Game 2: Norfolk 4, Richmond 1
Miguel Contreras (1-0): 8.0 IP, 6 H, R, BB, 3 K
Luis Martinez (SV 1): 1.0 IP, BB, K
Anthony Lucarelli: 2-5, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI
Jeff Lewis: 2-4, R, RBI
Robinson Lopez: 2-3, 2B, R
H: 10, LOB: 7

Game 3: Norfolk 2, Richmond 3
Cornell Pearson: 7.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, BB, 7 K
David Moran (BS 1): 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER (HR)
Luis Martinez (0-1): 0.1 IP, H, R (HR)
Jeff Lewis: 1-4, R
King Brock: 0-2, R, 2 BB
Alejandro Diaz: 1-3, RBI
H: 3, LOB: 2

Game 4: Norfolk 8, Ellicott City 9
Miguel A Gonzalez: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
Eric Helton: 2.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 K
Luis Martinez (0-2): 0.1 IP, H, R, 0 ER
Alejandro Diaz: 5-5, 2 2B, 2 R
King Brock: 1-5, HR (1), 3 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 1-5, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI
Henry Hamer: 2-4, HR (2), 2 R, 3 RBI
Augusto Rodriquez: 2-3, R
H: 13, LOB: 7

Game 5: Norfolk 3, Ellicott City 7
Vaughan Griffith (0-1): 5.2 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 4 K
Eric Helton: 2.1 IP, 4 H, R, BB, 2 K
Henry Hamer: 2-4, 2B, HR (3), R, 2 RBI
Sergio Rodriquez: 2-4, 2B, R
Sergio Galvez: 2-4
H: 8, LOB: 6

Game 6: Norfolk 10, Ellicott City 3
Paul Brown (2-0): 7.2 IP, 9 H, 3 R, BB, 8 K
King Brock: 3-4, 2B, HR (2), 3 R, 4 RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 3-5, 3B, R, 3 RBI
Anthony Lucarelli: 3-5, 2 2B, 2 R, RBI
H: 14, LOB: 5

Cav's Corner:
Injuries:
none

Other/Roster News:
No major ones, we did sign 3 minor league players that are nothing more than roster fillers, and sent them down to AA. Who knows maybe there will be a diamond in the rough.

GM Notes:
Robinson Lopez had a very auspecious first week in the field making 3 errors, 2 at 2nd one at SS. Last season he didn't make an error in 110 innings at 2B. Can the pressure of starting be getting to him? Is he more comfortable at 3B? For a guy who is rated as highly as he is at defense this is really disappointing... that .679 Eff is just so ugly.

Luis Martinez had a rough week taking 2 losses... not sure what to think about that. Yes its week 1, but my closer should be able to get out of a close game from time to time without blowing it. The bullpen was very disappointing this week. I am not sure why Helton pitched in back to back with Ramrirez and Sanchez riding the pine. I also need to watch Moran, this bullpen is solid and should be better than last years... so far its not looking that way.

Have to like the way the bats were this week. Everyone seemed to be on. With the exception of Mario Gomez and Bernardo Velez. Velez is hitless in 8 AB's so far this season, Gomez is hitting .105. Small sample size so that is bound to change. The team is scoring runs hopefully thats a good sign for the rest of the year.

The Washington Senators are off to a red hot start and I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't say I am a little scared by it. They have the type of rotation that will win a lot of games, and they started off 6-0 without one of their top hitters... it is a little bothersome.

All-in-all its one week of the season, so the upside is really limitless. We are a young and talented team. That being said when we play against teams like Richmond and Ellicott City we should beat them, at least win the series... these are the kinds of things that seperate the winners from the losers.

Around the League:
Standings Leaders
DE Southern: Seaford Blue Jays: 6-0 (+2)
DE Northern: New Castle Colonials: 5-1 (+1)
MV Eastern: VB Surf Dawgs / Baltimore Barons / Annapolis Admirals 3-3 (+1)
MV Western: Washington Senators: 6-0 (+3)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Ricardo Hildago, Christiana Blue Hens, 13-25, 4 HR's, 6 RBI's
MarVa: Chae-heui Yi, Washington Senators, 13-25, 4 Hr's, 8 RBI's, 8 R's

Power Rankings:
1) Seaford Blue Jays (192.0)
2) Washington Senators (192.0)
3) New Castle Colonials (155.0)
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs (124.0)
5) Lewes Braves (120.0)

News:
Milton Brewers: Chip Hurt had his hitting streak stopped at 47 games, carrying over from last season and extending his DBL record streak.
Norfolk Cavaliers: Alejandro Diaz became the first player of the season to collect 5 hits in a game, going 5-5, despite the Cav's losing.
Annapolis Admirals: Leonard Davis is out 4 months with a torn labrum. Davis went 1-4 in the first game of the season before getting hurt in the second.
Wilmington Iron Pigs: Frederick Taylor is otu 13 months with a torn flexor tendon. Taylor threw 1.2 shut-out innings this season before going down.

and the spin off:

Old 04-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #1049
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 2 - 2025

Week 2
Current Week: 4-3 (7-6 .538 / -5.0)
Next Week: 3 @ Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs, 3 vs Washington Senators
Power Ranking: 6 (+5)

Runs Scored: 67 (t3rd)
Avg: .267 (5th)
HR: 15 (t-4th)
SB: 7 (5th)
Runs Against: 41 (1st)
Starters ERA: 2.38 (1st)
Pen ERA: 3.10 (2nd)
Def Eff: .699 (3rd)

Game 7: Baltimore 1, Norfolk 5
Miguel Contreras (2-0): 7.1 IP, 9 H, R, 5 K
Henry Hamer: 3-4, HR (4), R, 4 RBI
Leonard Lawson: 1-4, 2B, RBI
Anthony Lucarelli: 1-3, 2B, RBI

Game 8: Baltimore 4, Norfolk 3 (13 Innings)
Cornell Pearson: 8.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 7 K
David Moran (0-1): 2.1 IP, 2 H, R, 2 BB, 2 K
Henry Hamer: 2-6, HR (5), R, 2 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 1-6, HR (2), R, RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 2-3
Sergio Rodriguez: 1-2, 2B
H: 13, LOB: 9

Game 9: Annapolis 3, Norfolk 6
Miguel A Gonazlez (1-0): 8.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 9 K
Luis Martinez (SV 2): 1.0 IP, 2 H, K
Hnery Hamer: 2-3, HR (6), R, 2 RBI
Jeff Lewis: 2-4, HR (2), R, 3 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 2-4, R, RBI
H: 9, LOB: 7

Game 10: Annapolis 3, Norfolk 5
Vaughan Griffith (1-1): 6.2 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 9 K
David Moran (SV 1): 1.0 IP, K
Henry Hamer: 3-4, 2R, RBI
King Bock: 1-4, 2B, RBI
Leonard Lawson: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI
H: 10, LOB: 6

Game 11: Norfolk 1, Salisbury 2
Paul Brown (2-1): 7.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R, BB, 10 K
Sergio Rodriguez: 2-3, R
Mario Gomez: 1-3, 2B, RBI
H: 6, LOB: 5

Game 12: Norfolk 0, Salisbury 1 (14 Innings)
Miguel Contreras: 8.0 IP, 7 H, 2 BB, 2 K
Armando Lopez (0-1): 3.0 IP, 5 H, R, BB, K
Mario Gomez: 2-3
Jeff Lewis: 2-6
King Brock: 0-4, 2 BB, K, 8 LOB
H: 7, LOB: 10

Game 13: Norfolk 7, Salisbury 3 (11 Innings)
Cornell Pearson: 8.0 IP, 3 H, 4 K
David Moran (BS 2): 0.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R
Eric Helton (1-0): 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 K
Sergio Galvez: 4-4, HR (3), R, 3 RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 1-3, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI
Bernardo Velez: 1-1, R, 2 RBI
H: 12, LOB: 9

Injuries:
SP Paul Brown, DtD with back stiffness, out about a week, and I decided to place him on the 11-day DL. With his start coming up in 2 days and him not being ready for a little bit, I called up Carlos Coronado to take his slot in the rotation. Carlos was 0-0 0.84 in 2 Games in AAA... i was going to go with Lopez but he was tired...

Other/Roster News:
none yet, but if this offense continues to falter there will be some changes made...

GM Notes:
Jesus Martinez is set up to be used "more often" and Eric Helton and Alberto Sanchez are set to "normal usage"... Helton has now pitche din 4 games 8.1 innings and Martinez and Sanchez have yet to make an appearnce. Not sure what Ray is thinking, but I'd like to get these kids some innings.

David Moran is off to a rocky start posting a 6.48 ERA in 8.1 IP over 8 games. I think its time to lower his work load, specially if Ramirez and Sanchez have yet to enter a game. Last season Moran posted a 2.62 ERA in 75.2 IP, which is about right for him... He is set up as a set-up for 8th or later, and to help out I am going to set up Sanchez as set-up for 7th or later, so now I have 3 set-up men, hopefully that will distribute the innings some.

Mario Gomez (8-45 .178) and Robinson Lopez (6-38 .158) are off to rough starts. I am going to play around with these guys moving Augusto Rodriguez into the 2B slot and shifting Lopez to 3B and resting Gomez. He will sub ever few days... back-up Bernardo Veelz is 2-16, so my 8-9 hitters are really struggling.

Claudio Flores (.293-1-9) and Carlos Franco (.320-1-8) are off to hot starts in AAA. If they keep hitting then Gomez, Lopez and Velez may end up losing their roster slots.

A big week for us as we are playing 2 teams that are red-hot. The Surf Dawgs and the Senators. I am anxious to see how we match up with the Sen's, since they are going to be the team we need to chase down this year. They are off to a red-hot start, and that scares me. The further we fall behind the harder it is going ot be to catch up...

In the first 31 innings against the Ports we scored 1 run. In the 9th of the final game we scored 2 in the 9th and 4 in the 11th... 1 run in 31 innings, with this lineup? Maybe I think these guys are better than they are or maybe we just aren't hitting the ball at the right time, whatever it is, I'd like to see something change. Looking around there are a couple of options, but they will be costly... plus with budget issues, no-trade clauses and 10/5 men, it will be hard to dump the salary guys to get that bat. My eyes are open.. and one thing is for sure, we have to score more runs if we want to catch the Senators...

I just can't depend on my pitching day in and day out to be perfect to get wins...

Around the League:
Standings Leaders
DE Southern: Lewes Braves: 9-4 (+2)
DE Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 10-3 (+1)
MV Eastern: VB Surf Dawgs: 7-6 (+1)
MV Western: Washington Senators: 12-1 (+5)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Antonio Castaneda, Wilmington Iron Pigs, 12-22, 2 HR's, 10 RBI's
MarVa: Jason Atkins, Washington Senators, 13-30, 3 HR's, 8 RBI's

Power Rankings:
1) Washington Senators (179.2)
2) Wilmington Iron Pigs (143.5)
3) Lewes Braves (131.6)
4) New Castle Colonials (127.6)
5) Ellicott City Express (103.9)

News:
New Castle Colonials: RF Peter Peters is going to miss a week with strained hamstring... Peters returned only to fractur a rib and will miss the next 5 weeks. Peters was hitting .256-2-6 on the season during his limited time... that's a bad week for Peters and the Colonials.
Washington Senators: C Julio Jaramillo is going to miss 7-8 months with a broke bone in his elbow. Jaramillo was off to a hot start hitting .333-2-6 with 6 runs in 9 games.
Annapolis Admirals: SS Dennis Henry is out 8 months with a broken kneecap. Henry was making his big league debut this season hitting .400 in his first 15 AB's.
Baltimore Barons: SP Mike Pye is out for 6 months with a torn flexor tendon in his elbow. Happy that he won't need surgery the 25 year old will try to "stay focused and positive" during his rehab. In 3 starts he was 1-0 4.70.

and the spin off:

Old 04-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #1050
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 - 2025

Week 3
Current Week: 3-3 (10-9 .526 / -2.0)
Next Week: 2 @ Baltimore Barons, 3 @ Chesapeake Blue Crabs
Power Ranking: 11 (-5)

Runs Scored: 96 (4th)
Avg: .276 (5th)
HR: 20 (t-4th)
SB: 8 (7th)
Runs Against: 63 (1st)
Starters ERA: 2.41 (1st)
Pen ERA: 4.66 (5th)
Def Eff: .703 (2nd)

Game 14: Norfolk 2, Virginia Beach 4 (11 Innings)
Miguel A Gonzalez: 8.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, Bb, 9 K
David Moran (0-2): 0.1 IP, H, 2 R, BB (HR)
Alejandro Diaz: 3-4, 2 R
Mario Gomez: 1-4, 2B, RBI
H: 7, LOB: 8

Game 15: Norfolk 1, Virginia Beach 2
Vaughan Griffith: 8.0 IP, 6 H, R, BB, 4 K
Luis Martinez (0-3): 0.0 IP, 2 H, R, BB
Mario Gomez: 2-3
Leonard Lawson: 2-4, 2B, RBI
Henry Hamaer: 2-4
H: 12, LOB: 9

Game 16: Norfolk 4, Virginia Beach 10
Carlos Coronado (0-1): 3.1 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 3 BB, K
Jesus Ramirez: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 5 R, 4 BB, 2 K
Jeff Lewis: 2-3, HR (3), 2 R, RBI
King Brock: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI
Augusto Rodriuez: 2-4
H: 8, LOB: 9

Game 17: Washington 3, Norfolk 9
Miguel Contreras (3-0): 8.0 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 4 K
Henry Hamer: 2-4, HR (7), R, 3 RBI
Alejandro Diaz: 4-5, HR (1), 2 R, RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 1-1, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
Augusto Rodriguez/Robinson Lopez: 2-4, 2B, R
H: 14, LOB: 6

Game 18: Washington 2, Norfolk 11
Cornell Pearson (1-0): 8.1 IP, 4 H, R, 6 K
Mario Gomez: 2-3, HR (1), 2 R, 3 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 3-4, HR (4), 2 R, 3 RBI
Robinson Lopez: 2-4, 2 R, 2 RBI
Anthony Lucarelli: 2-5, R, 2 RBI
Trevor Parker: 1-3, R (big league debut)
H: 14, LOB: 9

Game 19: Washington 1, Norfolk 2
Miguel A Gonzalez: 8.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 K
Luis Martinez (1-3, BS 1): 1.0 IP, H, R, BB, 2 K
Sergio Galvez: 2-4, 2B
Sergio Rodriguez: 2-4, RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 1-3, R
H: 7, LOB: 5

Injuries:
Jeff Lewis went down with a hamstring strain and will miss the next 2 months. he has been placed on the 11-day DL. On the season he was in a little slump hitting only .271-3-8, far below his .329 career average... 24 year-old rookie Trevor Parker has been called up to take over in RF for Lewis. He will share duties with Sergio Rodriguez playing the lefty/righty platoon. Leonard Lawson will share duties with both of these guys as well. All 3 players should get a fair number of AB's.

During the 2nd to last game of the week Mario Gomez went down with shoulder soreness and it looks like he is going to be out for about 2 weeks. He was just getting warmed up with the bat as well raising his average to .237... To take his place we called up Claudio Flores. Flores will take over at SS, moving Lucarelli to 2B. Augusto Rodriquez will be the back-up SS/3B in the team time.

Other/Roster News:
I tinkered with the idea of moving Cornado out of the rotation and letting Lopez get a start in, but in the end I back away from that... in fact Brown will be back before CC's next start so thats a good thing...

David Moran and his 8.31 ERA have been removed to middle relieve and Armando Lopez and Eric Helton will take over the set-up roles.

GM Notes:
After 3 weeks of the season we are in 4th place! I am not sure that has ever happened to this team, at least not since our inaugural season. Crazy. At least the Senators came back down to earth a little going on a 6 game losing streak, three of those games to us... and that makes me feel good. We have to beat our divisional teams if we want to win... we have to beat any team under .500 actually...

I look at this roster and I see a team that should just walk through everyone, a bunch of 5-star players, who make contact and have a good mix of speed and power... yet for some reason we can't score runs. Did I do something wrong by trusting Alexis Sheltons ratings? Should I get rid of him and bring someone in who is more aligned? Is it time for me to walk away? Do I not see the game like I did a few years ago when we won 4 Championships in a row?

Its the first month, but I still don't think its too early to panic... We are too talented to be playing like this, we shouldn't be "can we catch the Senators", thats not who this team is. Maybe our make-up is wrong, maybe its time to break down and start over... I don't know, but I am perplexed how we can't score any runs. When we go cold we go cold!

Injuries have forced me to make some moves. I am not sure Trevor Parker is really ready for the bigs, so I am going to have him up for a little while. If he falters during his time he will head back down to AAA and Lawson and Rodriquez will be given the job as the RF till Lewis returns. Then maybe I sign a free-agent who knows how to play defense just to have a 5th outfielder...

Our defense is starting to come around, Robinson Lopez hasn't made an error since the first week, which makes me feel better... However our gold glove catcher has 2 errors, but he does have a 45.5% CS rate. Not bad at all... Lucarelli hasn't made the adjustment to second very well. In 9.1 innings he has made an error and has a .800 FPCT... I have faith he will pick it up over time. Maybe it make sense to keep him at SS and move Flores to 2B... pondering the idea... I didn't ponder long Lucarelli is staying put at SS, Flores will play 2B.

Henry Hamer .990, Sergio Galvez .948, and Francisco Gallegos .914, my top three players in OPS... also my leaders in K's, 10, 11, 12 respectively. Just something I found odd... with Lewis out, Gallegos has moved to the #4 slot. I am curious to see how he handles the pressure of being in the middle 1/3 and not the bottom 1/3.

I am concerned about this offense... I know they are better than this.

Around the League:
Standings Leaders
DE Southern: Lewes Braves/Milton Brewers: 11-8 (+1)
DE Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 13-6 (+1)
MV Eastern: VB Surf Dawgs: 11-8 (+1)
MV Western: Washington Senators/Salisbury Ports: 12-7 (+1)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Doug Dook, Georgetown Sixteens, 12-22, 3 HR's, 5 RBI's
MarVa: Tom Hammond, Annapolis Admirals, 11-24, 2 HR's, 7 RBI's

Power Rankings:
1) Wilmington Iron Pigs (123.2)
2) Salisbury Ports (116.7)
3) New Castle Colonials (112.7)
4) Ellicott City Express (109.2)
5) Milton Brewers / Lewes Braves (108.2)

News:
Chesapeake Blue Crabs: The age-less wonder, 42 year-old, C Richard Taylor had a day going 5-5 in a recent victory. Taylor is hitting .444-2-4 (18 AB's) on the early season.
Wilmington Iron Pigs: C Antonio Castaneda, the Iron Pigs top hitter, will miss 6-7 weeks with back spasms. Castaneda was off to a hot start hitting .465-4-16 (43 AB's) for the first place pigs.
Milton Brewers: MR Dan Cannon is out 10 months with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. On the season Cannon has pitched in 8.2 innings, posting a 1-0 record with a save and a 3.12 ERA.
Christiana Blue Hens: Bernard Schneider, the young shortstop, is going to miss about a week of baseball with a quad strain. Schneider is hitting .391-1-12 (69 ABs).

and the spin off:

Old 04-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #1051
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

April 2025 In Review

April 2025 Award Winners

Delaware Conference Monthly Awards

DEConf's Top Hitter Named: Andrés Salinas received the Delaware Conference Batter of the Month trophy earlier today for his efforts at the plate this last month. "He might be getting older," Lewes's manager told reporters, "But he's been around long enough to know what it takes to put a stretch such as this together... and he doesn't keep that to himself. He's always talking to the younger guys in the clubhouse helping 'em any way they'll let him. Andrés's value to our team goes farther than the numbers he puts up on the field." To win the honor Salinas put up a .382 batting average, 3 home runs, 10 RBIs and scored 22 times in April.

González Best DEConf Starter in April: Ricardo González took a much-deserved turn in the spotlight earlier today as he accepted the Delaware Conference Pitcher of the Month award for April. The 22-year-old Iron Pigs starter is a relative newcomer to the league, but nonetheless racked up an impressive 4-1 won-lost record in 5 starts. This month he fanned 48 batters in 36.1 innings and compiled a 1.98 ERA.

Delaware Conference Names Rookie of Month: Edward Barnes's eyes seem to light up whenever he sees the baseball. The young Milton first baseman has been hitting everything in sight for the better part of a month. In April he was voted the Rookie of the Month Award. During the month he hit .244 with 6 doubles, no triples and 2 home runs. Barnes also scored 11 times and drove in 9 runs.

MarVa Conference Monthly Awards

MVConf Batter of the Month Honors to Yi: Chae-heui Yi has a lot going for him. The Washington first baseman just broke into the majors this year and now the MarVa Conference has just picked him as its top hitter for April. In 21 games last month, this outstanding rookie batted .353 with 5 home runs, 18 RBIs and 17 runs scored.

García Tabbed as April's Starter of the Month: Pablo García's been around the league long enough to appreciate the honor he received today. After going 4-1 in April, the 28-year-old Salisbury hurler has been named MarVa Conference Pitcher of the Month. He fanned 23 in 30.2 innings, logged an ERA of 1.47 and allowed opponents to hit .254 against him.

Thompson Earns MVDIV Rookie of Month: First-year man Doug Thompson really swung a mean bat for the last thirty days in the MarVa Conference and has been picked as the Rookie of the Month. During the month he hit .340 with 2 doubles, no triples and 6 home runs. Thompson also scored 12 times and drove in 11 runs.

League Leaders as of May 1, 2025
Delaware Conference League Leaders

End of the Year Award Front Runners:
Silver Slugger: Andres Salinas, Ricardo Hidalgo, Arturo Martinez
Golden Arm: Brad Rose, Ricardo Gonzalez, Ben Sanford
Newcomer: Louis Cummins, John Herbert, Edward Barnes

MarVa Conference League Leaders

Silver Slugger: Shunen Koyama, Chae-heui Yi, Henry Hamer
Golden Arm: Cornell Pearson, Pablo Garcia, Roman Gonzalez
Newcomer: Doug Thompson, Oliver Williams, Yun Xiong

Standings as of May 1, 2025

Southern Division:
Current Leader: Milton Brewers (13-8 .619 / +1)
Projected Winner: Lewes Braves (84-78 .519 / +4)
The Southern Division is tight right now. The Brewers hold a one game lead over the Braves, with the Generals, Sixteens, and Blue Jays not to far behind. This is going to be an interesting division with the predicted winner winning only 84 games. Its wide open, and the Brewers are ready to take down the Braves.

Northern Division:
Current Leader: Wilmington Iron Pigs (15-6 .714 / +2)
Projected Winner: Wilmington Iron Pigs (100-62 .617 / +16)
The Iron Pigs came back and took over first with the Colonials holding on at one point. Injuries have added up for the Colonials and the Iron Pigs, despite missing one of their top hitter, showing they are the class of the Northern Division.

Eastern Division:
Current Leader: Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs (12-9 .571 / +1)
Projected Winner: Chesapeake Blue Crabs (93-69 .574 / +7)
I think this division is going to come down to the wire, with the young Surf Dawgs, battling the Blue Crabs and the Barons. The Surf Dawgs have taking top picks over the last few years and they are finally gel'ing and coming together. Maybe this is their year?

Western Division:
Current Leader: Washington Senators / Ellicott City Express (13-8 .619 / +1)
Projected Winner: Norfolk Cavaliers (108-54 .667 / +13)
The Senators took off out of the blocks, but have slowed a little. The surprising Express are holding their own, but the division has four teams over .500 and the predicted winner Cavaliers are in battling to stay over .500. This is going to be a fun division too...

So far around the DBL all the divisions are close, but that is the fun of the beginning of the season... We will see how may plays out...

and the spin off:

Old 04-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #1052
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 4 - 2025

Week 4
Current Week: 2-3 (12-12 .500 / -3.0)
Next Week: 2 vs Milford Clippers, 2 vs Christiana Blue Hens, 3 vs Richmond Cardinals
Power Ranking: 11 (-)

Runs Scored: 110 (5th)
Avg: .261 (6th)
HR: 25 (6th)
SB: 13 (7th)
Runs Against: 84 (1st)
Starters ERA: 2.60 (1st)
Pen ERA: 5.12 (7th)
Def Eff: .707 (2nd)

Game 20: Norfolk 4, Baltimore 8
Vaughan Griffith (1-2): 6.0 IP, 10 H, 7 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Henry Hamer: 2-4, HR (8), R, 2 RBI
Augusto Rodriguez: 2-3, RBI
Anthony Lucarelli: 1-3, 2B, R, RBI
H: 7, LOB: 5

Game 21: Norfolk 4, Baltimore 0
Paul Brown (3-1): 9.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K
Sergio Galvez: 2-4, HR (5), R, RBI
Alejandro Diaz: 1-4, HR (2), R, RBI
Robinson Lopez: 2-4, 2B, RBI
Claudio Florez: 1-2, R
H: 9, LOB: 5

Game 22: Norfolk 2, Chesapeake 3
Miguel Contrera: 6.1 IP, 8 H, 2 R, BB, 5 K
Eric Helton (1-1, BS 1): 1.2 IP, H, R, K
Leonard Lawson: 1-3, HR (1), R, 2 RBI
Trevor Parker: 2-2, 2B, R
H; 6, LOB: 4

Game 23: Norfolk 4, Chesapeake 0
Cornell Pearson (2-0): 8.0 IP, 2 H, 7 K
Alejandro Diaz: 2-4, 2B, HR (3), R, 3 RBI
Claudio Flores: 2-3, 2 R
Robinson Lopez: 1-2, R, RBI

Game 24: Norfolk 0, Chesapeake 10
Miguel A Gonzalez (1-1): 5.2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 3 BB, 2 K (3 HR)
Jesus Ramirez: 0.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 BB
Alberto Sanchez: 2.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, BB
Claudio Florez/Alejandro Diaz: 1-3
H: 3, LOB: 2

Injuries:
3B Mario Gomez: Out 1 day, shoulder soreness
RF Jeff Lewis: Out 8 weeks, hamstring strain

Other/Roster News:
Cornell Pearson approached me and wants to sign an extension. I totally missed the fact that he was going to be a free-agent at the end of the season. This is going to be tough. I am going to have to free up quite a bit of money if I want to extend him and I am not sure how. I may have to move Armando Lopez, he may be the deciding factor... That or Pearson will be traded before the deadline and I would rather have him here in Norfolk.

Robinson Lopez has been sent down to AAA after starting the season .197-0-6 in the games first 21 games, over 71 AB's... I brought up Carlos Franco, who will be inserted at 3B. Franco was hitting .340-1-13 during the first 23 games in AAA (103 AB's).

Starting next week Armando Lopez will be in the starting rotation and Vaughan Griffith will shift to set-up man. This might be a mistake, since Lopez has done well, albeit limited time (6.0 IP) and Griffith hasn't done too bad as a starter (1-2 4.78) but I need to do something.

GM Notes:
Another week of solid pitching and weak hitting... not sure what is going on twith this team, but we just can't seem to put it together... hopefully with the addition of Flores (4-8) and Paker (3-7) our team will start scoring some runs.

I made a quick adjustment after this week with sending down Robinson Lopez, but I may need to do more than just that. Bernardo Velez has no options left, but he is close to being DFA'd. Velez is hitting 2-22 with 3 RBI's so far, which isn't going to cut it, even as a reserve.

Leonard Lawson has had 49 AB's and he is not hitting either (.143-1-7) and I know he is a much better hitter than that. Is it time to send him down? I am not sure, but its getting close, something has to change.

I shopped Jesus Ramirez around but there were no takers. And to think I decided to keep him over Perez last year. I may regret that one. Ramirez has just forgot how to throw strikes this season. He has walked 6 hitters in 1.2 innings and he isn't happy by his performance or by not being in the rotation. But he doesn't deserve the rotation slot. For now he will just have to be in the back of the pen until he works things out...

You can't be successful when you starting pitchers only win when they pitch shut-outs... It looks like this is going to be a season of tinkering until I find the right lineup that can score some runs... that or just get these slumping guys to start swinging the bat, these two guys inparticular:
King Brock: .242-2-13
Francisco Gallegos: .239-1-7

Both these guys are much better hitters than that. I had big hopes for this season after Brock tore up this spring. Not sure what happened, it really seemed he had his swing back.

Standings Leaders
DE Southern: Milton Brewers: 14-10 (+1)
DE Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 17-7 (+2)
MV Eastern: VB Surf Dawgs: 11-8 (+1)
MV Western: Washington Senators/Ellicott City Express: 15-9 (+2)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Alonso Martinez, Wilmington Iron Pigs, 8-21, 4 HR's, 13 RBI's
MarVa: Francisco Reyes, Ocean City Tourists, 8-19, 4 HR's, 11 RBI's, 6 R's

Power Rankings:
1) Wilmington Iron Pigs (128.5)
2) Ellicott City Express (115.5)
3) New Castle Colonials (113.5)
4) Christiana Blue Hens (113.0)
5) Milton Brewers (110.0)

News:
Washington Senators: SP Cristobal Diaz is out 2-3 months, the Senators big prize in free-agency, was off to a 3-1 2.53 start in 5 games. Diaz has been a very reliable SP over his career, hopefully this bout with elbow inflammation isn't a sign of a bigger issue.
DBL: The draft pool was revealed and this seasons pool looks deeper than previous. Heading up the list is CF Mike Johnson, the CF from the U, has a 5* star talent as a hitter, fielder and pitcher and quite possibly the #1 pick in 2025... The Milton Brewers have this years #1 pick.

and the spin off:

Old 04-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #1053
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - 2025

Week 5
Current Week: 3-4 (15-16 .484 / -5.0)
Next Week: 2 @ Georgetown Sixteens, 2 @ Dover Generals, 3 vs Ellicott City ExpressCardinals
Power Ranking: 12 (-1)

Runs Scored: 141 (6th)
Avg: .257 (7th)
HR: 31 (t5th)
SB: 17 (6th)
Runs Against: 123 (2nd)
Starters ERA: 3.27 (1st)
Pen ERA: 3.97 (2nd)
Def Eff: .690 (6th)

Game 25: Milford 5, Norfolk 9
Armando Lopez (1-1): 7.0 IP, 10 H, 4 R, 6 K
Luis Martinez (SV 3): 0.2 IP, 2 K
King Brock: 2-4, HR (3), 2 R, 2 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 2-4, R, 2 RBI
Claudio Flores: 2-4, R, RBI
Augusto Rodriguez: 1-4, R, 2 RBI
H: 12, LOB: 3

Game 26: Milford 9, Norfolk 4
Paul Brown (2-2): 2.2 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 4 ER, BB, 6 K
Jesus Ramriez: 2.1 IP, H, 3 K
Henry Hamer: 2-4, HR (9), R, 2 RBI
Bernardo Velez: 2-4, 3B
Alejandro Diaz: 2-4, 2B, RBI
H: 10, LOB: 7

Game 27: Christiana 3, Norfolk 5
Miguel Contreras: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 3 K
Eric Helton (2-1): 1.2 IP, H
Luis Martinez (SV 4): 1.0 IP, 3 K
Henry Hamer: 1-4, HR (10), R, RBI
Alejandro Diaz: 1-4, HR (4), R, RBI
Trevor Parker: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI
H: 5, LOB: 5

Game 28: Christiana 2, Norfolk 4
Cornell Pearson (3-0): 8.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, BB, 5 K
Luis Martines (SV 5): 1.0 IP, H, 2 K
Mario Gomez: 2-3, 2 HR (3), 2 R, 4 RBI
Augsusto Rodriguez: 2-3, 2B, 2 R
Anthony Lucarelli: 2-4
H: 6, LOB: 2

Game 29: Richmond 7, Norfolk 2
Miguel A Gonzalez (1-2): 4.1 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 4 BB, 2 K
Sergio Galvez: 3-5, R
Mario Gomez: 1-4, 2B, R
Augusto Rodriguez: 2-4
H: 9, LOB: 8

Game 30: Richmond 6, Norfolk 4
Armando Lopez: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 2 ER, BB, 5 K
Vaughan Griffith (1-3): 0.2 IP, H, 2 R, BB, 2 K
Claudio Flores: 1-2, 3B, R (2 errors)
Sergio Rodriguez: 1-1, RBI (PH)
H: 6, LOB: 5

Game 31: Richmond 6, Norfolk 3
Jesus Ramirez (0-1): 6.0 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
Alejandro Diaz: 2-3, RBI
Mario Gomez: 1-3, RBI
Claudio Flores: 1-3, R, SB, CS, Error
H: 7, LOB: 4

Injuries:
RF Jeff Lewis: Out 7 weeks, hamstring strain

Paul Brown is becoming an injury problem and I am not happy about it. I moved to a 6 man rotation with Brown going down and put Jesus Ramirez in the rotation. We will see how it goes.

Other/Roster News:
Have a little trade talks going on, but nothing major.

GM Notes:
When the pitchers falter the hitters have to pick it up, but when the hitters don't do anything we are hosed... and that is what happend this week.

Where are the bats? I wish the owner, Bill Parker, would throw me some money to allow me to make a move. I have to do something to get this team going, just not sure where to make the change... I will make some line-up changes this week. I can't keep Brock in the line up hitting .205, I can't keep Gallegos in there hitting .224, they keep on going down... Lawson and Sergio Rodriguez need more PT. Maybe that will make a difference.

Looking around I don't have much to work with to pull off a deal. With no budget money I will have to move someone getting paid, but here is the problem. Do I trade Lopez and try to sign Pearson? If I do that what would I get in return? I would have to for someone making rookie minimum... Do I just deal Pearson? Can I really deal my best starter?

Is Paul Brown a trade option? Is his injury history starting to add up to make me pull off something? I keep telling myself not to do anything too drastic, but we can't keep falling behind.

What is going on with Miguel Angel Gonzalez? Last year's 18 wins seem so far away. Should he head to the bullpen? Maye his lack of a third pitch really is an issue. He would be a bang bang reliever. Maybe MAG goes to the closer... hmm...

This is frustrating... we aren't rebuilding, we are contending, and now here we are 5 weeks into the season, a season that predicted us to win over 100 games and we are battling to be over .500. Sitting in my office I am ready to start throwing chairs... I really wouldn't care if I was in rebuild mode, but we aren't we are "win now!"

Its not too early to push the panic button in my book, not at all... Defense is down, hitting is down, pitching is down, this week just was awful. Getting swept by the Richmond Cardinals was embarrassing.

During these times you start doubting all your moves and wonder if it is your fault. Maybe I have been too comfortable, maybe I just expect this team to win and when we hit a rough spot I just don't know how to handle it... this team is way too good for this.

Ellicott City coming up this week, big games, big games...

Standings Leaders
DE Southern: Lewes Braves: 18-13 (+1)
DE Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 20-11 (+4)
MV Eastern: Chesapeake Blue Crabs: 19-12 (+2)
MV Western: Ellicott City Express: 20-11 (+3)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Woody Brown, Milford Clippers, 13-26, 4 HR's, 11 RBI's
MarVa: Francisco Reyes, Ocean City Tourists, 12-29, 4 HR's, 11 RBI's, 5 R's

Power Rankings:
1) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (122.3)
2) Ellicott City Express (119.1)
3) Wilmington Iron Pigs (117.1)
4) Lewes Braves (107.5)
5) Milford Clippers (99.1)

News:
Chesapeake Blue Crabs: RF Alberto Molinero will miss the next 4 weeks with a herniated disc. Molinero is hitting .313-3-7 on the season.
Annapolis Admirals: MR Brian Smith is out 12 months with a torn rotator cuff. Smith was 2-2 3.86 in 11 games this season.
Salisbury Ports: SS Daniel Gomez is going to miss 5 weeks with an fractured finger. Gomez was hitting .274-4-10 on the season.
Ocean City Tourists: 3B Roberto Perez is going to miss 4 weeks with torn ankle ligaments, which happened when he collided with a baserunner. Perez is hitting .303-2-7 on the season.
Christiana Blue Hens: LF Ricardo Hidalgo is going to miss about 6 weeks with a strained oblique. Hidalgo, one of the games best talents, when healthy, jsut can't seem to beat the injury bug. He is hitting .327-11-21 on the season.
Newark Millers: 1B Yann Gosselin had a big dy picking up 5 hits in 5 AB's, missing the cycle by a triple.
Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs: LF Wayne Weaver is going to miss 3-4 weeks with a pinched nerve. Weaver part of the young Dawgs core, was hitting .290-3-12 on the early season.
Milford Clippers: Ageless 3B Cliff Jones reached the 2000 hit plateau at the ripe age of 42. On the day Jones went 4-5. Jones became the 5th hitter in the DBL to hit the 2000 mark.

and the spin off:

Old 04-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #1054
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Ramírez, Da Silva Swap Clubs:

Ramírez, Da Silva Swap Clubs: It is being reported in Annapolis that the Admirals and the Norfolk Cavaliers have agreed on a trade. According to anonymous sources 27-year-old starting pitcher Stan Da Silva, 20-year-old minor league reliever Aurelio Sánchez, a 3rd round draft pick and a 1st round draft pick will be dealt to the Cavaliers in return for 25-year-old reliever Jesús Ramírez, 26-year-old second baseman Bernardo Vélez, a 1st round draft pick and a 4th round draft pick.

To this point in the season, Ramírez has put up these figures: 0-1 record, 4 relief appearances with 11 innings, no saves, 12 strikeouts, 8 walks and a 9.82 ERA. He has limited other teams to a .255 batting average.

In 7 starts this season Da Silva has compiled a 2-3 record and a 3.67 ERA.

GM Thoughts

Well this deal solidifies our bullpen, by moving Lopez and Griffith in the pen, and gets ride of a guy who just wasn't happy. Ramirez had a bad attitude and his play showed it.. he is gone and I wish him well and I hope we face him soon. He has a great arm, lacks some control and could end up being a star...

De Silva will be our 5th starter and we will go from there... I like him and I think he will do a good job. I look forward to his first start with the Cavaliers.

Am I done making deals?? lol... No comment...
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 04-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #1055
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 - 2025

Week 6
Current Week: 3-4 (18-20 .474 / -5.0)
Next Week: 3 vs Salisbury Ports, 3 vs Annapolis Admirals
Power Ranking: 15 (-3)

Runs Scored: 169 (t7th)
Avg: .255 (6th)
HR: 39 (5th)
SB: 22 (5th)
Runs Against: 152 (t1st)
Starters ERA: 3.30 (1st)
Pen ERA: 4.20 (4th)
Def Eff: .688 (8th)

Game 32: Norfolk 1, Georgetown 8
Paul Brown (3-3): 2.2 IP, 6 H, 5 R, BB, 5 K
Alberto Sanchez: 2.0 IP, H, R, 2 K
Sergio Galvez: 3-4, R
Henry Hamer: 2-4, 2B

Game 33: Norfolk 6, Georgetown 0
Miguel Contreras (4-0): 8.0 IP, 6 H, BB, 7 K
Sergio Galvez: 2-5, HR(6), R, RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 1-4, HR (2), 2 R, RBI
Alejandro Diaz: 2-4, RBI
H: 8, LOB: 7

Game 34: Norfolk 6, Dover 7
Cornell Pearson: 6.2 IP, 7 H, 5 R, BB, 5 K (3 HR)
Eric Helton (2-2): 1.0 IP, H, 2 R, 2 BB, K
Vaughan Griffith (BS 1): 0.1 IP, 2 BB, K
Berardo Velez: 1-3, HR (1), R, RBI
Sergio Galvez: 3-5, 2 2B, R
Anthony Lucarelli: 2-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI
Augusto Rodriguez: 2-4, R
H: 12, LOB: 8

Game 35: Norfolk 1, Dover 4
Miguel A Gonzalez (1-3): 7.0 IP, 11 H, 4 R, BB, 5 K
Anthony Lucarelli: 1-3, 2B
Sergio Rodriguez/Alejandro Diaz: 1-4
H: 5, LOB: 4

Game 36: Ellicott City 8, Norfolk 6
Armando Lopez: 7.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 1 ER, 7 K
Eric Helton (2-3): 0.0 IP, H, R
David Moran (BS 3): 0.1 IP, 2 H, R
Henry Hamer: 1-5, HR (11), R, 2 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 2-5, R
Mario Gomez: 2-4, 2B, R, RBI
H: 9, LOB: 6

Game 37: Ellicott City 3, Norfolk 6
Alberto Sanchez (1-0): 8.0 IP, 9 H, 3 R, BB, 4 K
Luis Martinez (SV 6): 1.0 IP, K
Sergio Galvez: 1-4, HR (7), R, 3 RBI
Henry Hamer: 3-4
Francisco Gallegos: 2-3, 2B, 2 R, RBI
Leonard Lawson: 1-3, HR (2), R, RBI
H: 10, LOB: 6

Game 38: Ellicott City 0, Norfolk 2 (10 Innings)
Paul Brown: 7.2 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 10 K
David Moran (1-2): 1.0 IP, 2 K
Alejandro Diaz: 2-5, HR (5), R, 2 RBI
Henry Hamer: 1-3, 2B, R
H: 6, LOB: 10

Injuries:
RF Jeff Lewis: Out 6 weeks, hamstring strain

Other/Roster News:
Made some lineup changes at the beginning of the week. Sergio Rodriguez is now going to start at 1B and Leo Lawson at DH. Brock and Gallegos will still get some playing. The setting is currently at every 3rd game.

With the trade of Velez and Ramirez, I had to bring up someone to fill out the roster. Robinson Lopez was recalled, he is hitting .375 in AAA, and will help out as the infield utility man. This trade accomplished getting rid of some dead weight (Velez) and pitcher who hasn't been happy with his role in Norfolk for a few years (Ramirez)... I feel like we made a good deal.

Stan Da Silva will take over the #5 slot in the rotation and Armando Lopez will move back to the bullpen.

And the of the week, I decided to send down Tervor Parker (.191-0-4) he isn't ready. Leonard Lawson will get more PT, Parker will head to AAA and I am not sure yet who I am going to bring up.

GM Notes:
The Claudio Flores 2B experienment isnt going well, with Flores committing 4 errors in 50 total chances, but I am going to keep him there for a little while longer... He is much more comfortable at SS. I may end up moving Lucarelli by the trade deadline, I have been tinkering with the idea. He isn't hitting nearly as well as I had hoped (.271-1-13, 133 AB's) and just doesn't seem to be a good fit in Norfolk.

I am not sure what is going on with Paul Brown. A good start, a bad start. After 2 great seasons, he seems to have lost his consistency. I am starting to get concerned that there is something 'bigger' going on... ie an injury looming... I sure hope not.

Sergio Galvez (.303-7-21), Henry Hamer (.277-11-27) and Alejandro Diaz (.312-5-16) have been carrying this offense. I need a few more guys to step up. Hopefully that will happen soon. The sense of urgency is coming, but we arne't exactly there yet.

We seem to be able to handle our teams within the division, but its the out of division games that are causing us some issues... A bright spot over the past 3 week is we don't seem to be falling any further behind, remaining at 5 games back... hopefully this is a good sign and we will start turning this up soon... trying to stay confident here... trying... its really hard... thirty-eight games into the season and we are 2-games under .500, that is not Cavaliers baseball...

Standings Leaders
DE Southern: Lewes Braves: 24-14 (+3)
DE Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 23-15 (+3)
MV Eastern: Chesapeake Blue Crabs: 23-15 (+1)
MV Western: Ellicott City Express: 23-15 (+3)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Miguel Torres, New Castle Colonials, 9-24, 5 HR's, 11 RBI's
MarVa: William Jones, Baltimore Barons, 7-16, 3 HR's, 10 RBI's

Power Rankings:
1) Lewes Braves (122.7)
2) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (113.9)
3) Ellicott City Express (106.9)
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs (105.9)
5) Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs (105.2)

News:
Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs: SS Shunen Koyama a huge part of the Surf Dawgs young core is going to miss 3 week swith a sprained ankle. Koyama is hitting .331-5-17 on the season. The Dawgs just can't seem to keep their players on the field this season.
Richmond Cardinals: MR Alfred Roberts is out 4 months with a slight tear in his rotator cuff. Roberts was 1-1 5.14, with a save 1 11 games this season.

and the spin off:

Old 04-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #1056
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

The Early Season in a Nutshell

As the Cavaliers struggle along the season, I decided to pull off a deal... This is Jesus Ramirez's first start, and basically is a solid sign on how this season is going... He wasn't happy leaving Norfolk, but he is finally happy with is role on the team... He is listed as the #2 starter in Annapolis...
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #1057
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 7 - 2025

Week 7
Current Week: 6-0 (24-20 .474 / -3.0)
Next Week: 3 @ Washington Senators, 3 @ Richmond Cardinals
Power Ranking: 3 (+12)

Runs Scored: 214 (6th)
Avg: .266 (4th)
HR: 50 (5th)
SB: 27 (5th)
Runs Against: 172 (2nd)
Starters ERA: 3.29 (1st)
Pen ERA: 4.06 (3rd)
Def Eff: .687 (8th)

Game 39: Salisbury 8, Norfolk 9
Miguel Contreras (5-0): 7.0 IP, 14 H, 7 R, 6 K (4 HR)
Luis Martinez (SV 7): 1.0 IP, H, 2 K
Francisco Gallegos: 2-4, HR (4), 2 R, 4 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 3-4, 2B, 2 R
Leonard Lawson: 2-4, HR (3), R, RBI
Henry Hamer: 2-4, 2 R, RBI
H: 13, LOB: 4

Game 40: Salisbury 1, Norfolk 5
Cornell Pearson (4-0): 8.0 IP, 4 H, R, 2 BB, 9 K
Alejandro Diaz: 2-4, HR (6), R, 3 RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 2-4, 2B, R, 2 RBI
Sergio Rodriguez: 3-4, R
H: 9, LOB: 5

Game 41: Salisbury 1, Norfolk 6
Miguel A Gonzalez (2-3): 7.0 IP, 10 H, R, 3 BB, 7 K
Henry Hamer: 1-4, HR (12), R, 3 RBI
Robinson Lopez: 1-2, HR (1), 2 R, RBI
Sergio Galvez: 2-4, 2 R
H: 7, LOB: 0

Game 42: Annapolis 2, Norfolk 4
Stan Da Silva (3-3): 6.2 IP, 4 H, BB, 11 K
Sergio Rodriguez: 2-3, 2 2B, RBI
Leonard Lawson: 1-4, HR (4), R, RBI
Alejandro Diaz: 1-4, HR (7), R, RBI
Francisco Gallegos: 1-4, HR (5), R, RBI
H: 8, LOB: 5

Game 43: Annapolis 5, Norfolk 13
Paul Brown (4-3): 8.1 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 4 ER, BB, 11 K
Leoanrd Lawson: 2-4, HR (5), R, 4 RBI
Sergio Galvez: 2-4, HR (8), 2 R, 2 RBI
Alejandro Diaz: 1-2, 2B, R, 2 RBI
Sergio Rodriquez: 3-5, 2B, 3 R, RBI
Henry Hamer: 3-6, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI

Game 44: Annapolis 3, Norfolk 8
Miguel Contreras (6-0): 7.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 7 K
Mark Bolton: 2-4, HR (1), R, 2 RBI
King Brock: 2-3, 2 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI
Leonard Lawson: 3-4, 2 2B, R
Robinson Lopez/Mario Gomez: 2-4, 2B, R, RBI
H: 15, LOB: 7

Injuries:
RF Jeff Lewis: Out 5 weeks, hamstring strain

Other/Roster News:
I have 6 weeks to wait till Jeff Lewis comes back and right now I am running low on bodies for my OF, with Lawson at DH and Sergio Rodriguez in RF. I do wish Lawson was more flexible, only able to play LF. One reason I brought Parker up as his D in RF... well to take up the 5th OF slot on the roster I brought up 32 yr-old Bryan O'Neil. O'Neil hasn't played with the Cav's since 2019. I needed a body, and someone who could play the corner OF slots.

Signed Antonio Reyes to a minor league deal. Reyes is fast and is a +18 fielder at all 3 OF positions. He last made an appearance in 2022 with Georgetown Sixteens. Playing in 6 games going 1-13... he will probably take over O'Neils role, only for defense purposes after he gets some minor league AB's.

GM Notes:
The last game of the week we beat up Jesus Ramirez (11 H, 7 R) it felt good... I am glad we got to him, and now I can move on and he can as well...

Leonard Lawson has enjoyed his new role as a starter, he raised his average 30 points this week. Hopefully he is finding his groove... The complete opposite of that is King Brock, he finished with a solid last game of the week, but his average is now .194, after hitting a low of .180. Thats not the King I know, he is too young and too talented to be doing that... Maybe splitting time with Francisco Gallegos (who is red hot right now) will do him some good. Especially disappointing after that spring he put together.

It was nice to see Da Silva pitch well. I wasn't sure how he was going to fair, but he shut down his old team. Hopefully he can maintain that and get some more wins for us... It was also nice to see MA Gonzalez have a strong start. Not sure if high expectations got to these kids, or if Alexis Shelton and I overvauled all of them.

I have been tinkering the idea of moving someone to get another bat... I looked into moving Lucarelli, saving Salary and getting a younger bat. However no one is up to his skill level with the bat... I am thinking about moving Armando Lopez, but I really like him, he is just getting to expensive. I feel like I have a choice of Lopez or Pearson, and I am really torn... and have also thought about moving Brown, but he is such a talent it doesn't make sense right now...

If I move Lucarelli for a guy making minimum, I might/should be able to sign Pearson, who is becoming my top pitcher... If I do trade Lucarelli, who is now "fragile" I can move Flores back to his natural position and put Lopez in the lineup or whoever I acquire for him... that is what's on my mind now... (disclaimer: I changed Lucarelli's name from whatever it was to Lucarelli before he was drafted, in essence putting myself in the game. So trading him would be like trading me, which sort of makes it harder...)

This week is tough, I am excited that we finally won some games, a 6 game streak for the week, thats awesome... however I don't think we "turned" the proverbial corner just yet. Yes we are hot, but we are still in 3rd place, we just played some of the not-so-talented teams. I have to remain calm, and focused. Its a long season ahead and one hot week doesn't mean we are back on track.

But I have to admit part of me wants to beleive getting rid of that bad attitude (Ramirez) made the clubhouse a happier place... at least that is what I am hoping.

Standings Leaders
DE Southern: Lewes Braves: 26-18 (+1)
DE Northern: Wilmington Iron Pigs: 28-16 (+3)
MV Eastern: Chesapeake Blue Crabs: 26-18 (+1)
MV Western: Ellicott City Express: 27-17 (+3)

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Edward Barnes, Milton Brewers, 13-26, HR, 7 RBI's, 5 R's
MarVa: Julio Rodriguez, VB Surf Dawgs, 13-23, HR, 2 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Wilmington Iron Pigs (120.5)
2) Ellicott City Express (114.5)
3) Norfolk Cavaliers (112.2)
4) Christiana Blue Hens (110.3)
5) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (107.4)

News:
Lewes Braves: SP Carlos Mateo is out 3-months. The 37-yr-old was shut down with rotator cuff inflammation. Mateo was off to a red-hot start going 5-1 2.65 in 8 starts.
Ellicott City Express: SP Ronald Cook is going to be 3-4 months with a torn triceps muscle. Cook was part of the #1 staff in the MarVa Conference going 4-3 2.76 in 10 starts.
Ocean City Tourists: MR Keith White has struggled this year, posting a 9.00 ERA in 4 innings of work. White is the oldest player ever to play in the DBL, currently clocking in at 44 yrs and 48 days.

and the spin off:

Old 04-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #1058
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Big Deal: Lucarelli for Báez

Big Deal: Lucarelli for Báez: A major trade has been executed between the Norfolk Cavaliers and Richmond Cardinals, one that has stunned the baseball world. The Cavaliers traded 23-year-old shortstop Anthony Lucarelli and a 2nd round draft pick to the Cardinals for 24-year-old third baseman Edgar Báez and a 2nd round draft pick. When BNN contacted the Cavaliers GM, he said, "Putting this deal together was a lot of hard work, but the payoff will be tremendous, and Cavaliers fans ought to be excited about it." The Cardinals GM added, "We put a lot of thought into this ... this trade will win us more ballgames." BNN analysts are debating who got the better end of the deal.

In his stats this season, Lucarelli has posted a batting average of .274 with 45 hits in 164 at-bats, 1 home run and 15 RBIs. He has also scored 24 runs, walked 10 times and compiled a .324 OBP.

To date, Báez has collected 46 hits for a .277 average. He has posted 7 home runs, scored 21 runs and driven in 20 runs.

---
GM Notes:
The fans voiced their displeasure with the trade, but it didn't last long.. seeing that Baez is full capable of filing the shoes of Lucarelli. This deal will save us a little money, but I am not sure if it will allow us to sign Pearson. I am not giving up on that just yet however... Baez wil move into 3B and Mario Gomez and Robinson Lopez will take over at 2B. Claudio Flores will take over at SS moving over from 2B... This deal solidifies us some and moves a "durable" 24-yr-old into a "fragile" 23-yr-old's slot... It took me a while to make this deal, as I was afraid to hit the "complete" button, but now that its over I am glad I pulled it off... Yes this deal was pulled off inter-division, but it had to be, Baez was the best match for Lucarelli and the Cardinals are a struggling team... Am I done dealing? In less something major happens, I am probably most likely done doing anything else before the all-star break...

Side Note: Lucarelli and Baez were traded during the Richmond/Norfolk series, after game 1.
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #1059
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

May 2025 - In Review

May 2025 Award Winners

Delaware Conference Monthly Awards

Brown May's Best Bat Choice: Seasoned by several years of professional experience, 28-year-old Woody Brown put together a solid offensive month for Milford and was crowned May's top batter in the Delaware Conference. He batted .370 with 9 home runs, 25 RBIs and 25 runs scored. Brown is hitting .326 for the season with 13 home runs, 44 RBIs and 41 runs scored. He has 63 hits in 193 at-bats and played in 48 games.

Jones Best DEConf Starter in May: Veteran Brad Jones put together quite a successful stretch in May for the Newark Millers, earning himself the Delaware Conference Pitcher of the Month award. Jones racked up a 4-0 record in 5 starts, posting a 1.88 ERA over 38.1 innings and striking out 46. Checking out his stats for the year, Jones has racked up 6 wins and 2 losses in 10 starts, 2.36 ERA and struck out 84 batters in 72.1 innings.

DEConf Selects Rookie Star of the Month: A veritable toddler to the Delaware Conference, Edward Barnes just sewed up the Rookie of the Month trophy for May. Over the past month the 22-year-old first baseman for Milton hit .354 with 40 hits, 5 home runs and 15 runs batted in. He also logged 12 walks and compiled a .416 on-base percentage. Barnes has a .307 average and a .367 on-base percentage for the year. He has picked up 61 hits, 7 home runs and driven in 24 runs.

MarVa Conference Monthly Awards

Chesapeake's López Bags MVConf Top Batter for May: When José López stepped up to the plate in May, he did it with confidence and today he was honored with the MarVa Conference Batter of the Month award. The young Chesapeake left fielder posted a .392 batting average with 13 home runs, 40 RBIs and scored 18 runs. López also worked pitchers for 5 walks to post a .421 on-base percentage. On the year López is hitting .335 with 58 hits, 17 home runs, 55 RBIs, .368 OBP and has scored 27 runs.

Senators Alvarado May's Top Hurler: May's top hurler was Germán Alvarado of Washington. He shackled MarVa Conference hitters the entire month and claimed the Pitcher of the Month award with a sparkling 4-0 mark. The 28-year-old Alvarado added 26 strikeouts in 43.1 innings and 13 walks to his season record and compiled a 1.87 ERA. Other clubs hit .228 against him. In 10 starts this season Alvarado has chalked up a 5-2 record and a 3.13 ERA.

MarVa Conference Names Rookie of Month: Oliver Williams's eyes seem to light up whenever he sees the baseball. The young Ocean City right fielder has been hitting everything in sight for the better part of a month. In May he was voted the Rookie of the Month Award. During the month he hit .283 with 10 doubles, no triples and 5 home runs. Williams also scored 20 times and drove in 17 runs. This year Williams is batting .278 with 5 home runs. He has scored 25 runs and driven in 26.

League Leaders as of June 1, 2025
Delaware Conference League Leaders

Silver Slugger: RJ Brandon, Woody Brown, Andy Kohl
Golden Arm: Brad Rose, Ricardo Gonzalez, Luis DeLeon
Newcomer: Edward Barnes, John Herbert, Tony Russell

MarVa Conference League Leaders

Silver Slugger: Sergio Galvez, Claude Bond, Marvin Martin
Golden Arm: Cornell Pearson, Pablo Garcia, Miguel Contreras, Paul Brown
Newcomer: Manuel Pacheco, Ira Kelly, Doug Thompson, Oliver Williams

Standings as of June 1, 2025

Southern Division:
Current Leader: Lewes Braves (29-20 .592 / +2)
Projected Winner: Lewes Braves (84-78 .519 / +4)
The Braves won 17 games in May, but lost a starting pitcher. If any team in the DBL can overcome pitching injuries its the Braves. They still have an old lineup, and their success is driven by health. If they can keep their offense on the field they will be able hold on... at lest that is what they beleive.

Northern Division:
Current Leader: Wilmington Iron Pigs (32-17 .653 / +6)
Projected Winner: Wilmington Iron Pigs (100-62 .617 / +16)
The Iron Pigs are still the king of the North. With one of the top offensive teams and some solid pitching the other divisional teams better start playing better. The further they fall, the harder it is going to be run them down.

Eastern Division:
Current Leader: Chesapeake Blue Crabs (30-19 .612 / +1)
Projected Winner: Chesapeake Blue Crabs (93-69 .574 / +7)
This division is really interesting, with some many decent teams deciding to rebuild the Blue Crabs and Surf Dawgs are starting to pull away. The Blue Crabs

Western Division:
Current Leader: Norfolk Cavaliers (28-21 .571 / +1)
Projected Winner: Norfolk Cavaliers (108-54 .667 / +13)
The Cav's won 17 games, which was the best in the division, as the Senators and Express slumped a little bit. Injuries have caught up with the both the Sen's and Express, but they can't be counted out yet. The Cavaliers hope they have hit their stride, but if April is a sign anything is possible over the next few months.

and the spin off:

Old 04-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #1060
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

Good recover from the start of the season!