Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
cvalente08
Bat Boy

Tropicana Field

/Wind blowing out to right with 48 degree temps?

Did the roof fall off?
cvalente08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

The game for some reason has the Trop has having no roof, so you just gotta edit the ballpark to be a dome.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
The game for some reason has the Trop has having no roof, so you just gotta edit the ballpark to be a dome.
What this guy said. Just edit the park in the ballpark screen. I saw that myself when my marlins played the rays.

oh..and let the record show...if there are two teams in baseball that NEED new stadiums...its the Rays and the Athletics. The Athletics because O.co Coliseum is a dump...trust me...ive been there and its far cry from San Francisco's AT&T Park...which is extremely gorgeous. The Rays...well..when a CATWALK decides how a play goes...need i say more?

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 04-15-2012 at 02:30 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I think Oakland gets a new stadium within 3-4 years. At least get a deal reached.

Tampa could be years away.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Dump stadiums have a certain charm, though. I have been to games at stadiums of all varieties, and I'm not sure that anything will ever match Cleveland Stadium.

I managed to get to a Browns game there during their last season but before it was announced that they were leaving the city.

The old, wooden seats had no leg room and were worse than anything we'd seen. And we had been in ballparks that were just as old. And the horrific state of the concourse and bathrooms led us to call the place "The Toilet". And that's how we still refer to the stadium.

I still wish it was there, though, because it was a real experience to see a game in that stadium. I would have gone back to see the Indians play there, but they were already in Jacobs Field. I'm just glad we got to see a sporting event in The Toilet before it disappeared into history.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Yeah...maybe dump stadiums do have some historical value...but then again... I submit to you Philadelphia's very own Veteran's Stadium! Any questions? Now that place was what you call a REAL DUMP!!!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 04-15-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

RFK in DC where the Nat's played before moving to the new place was pretty much a dump. Way more so than Oakland IMHO.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvalente08 View Post
/Wind blowing out to right with 48 degree temps?

Did the roof fall off?
remember the 91 world series? maybe the ray's cranked up the AC?
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

i thought it was the 2008 world series between the rays and phillies...the WORST world series in the modern era.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Athletics17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
i thought it was the 2008 world series between the rays and phillies...the WORST world series in the modern era.
I would have to put the 2007 Rockies/Red Sox series very close to the 2008 series. Yes, the A's do need a new stadium. I have been watching Ken Burn's Baseball the last few days and after looking at the stadiums in the 70's I wondered what those architects were smoking.

Last edited by Athletics17; 04-16-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Athletics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Sitting high along the 1B oops (edit 3B) side at Exhibition Stadium with the wind blowing off the lake was bone chilling. Plenty of liquor needed.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 04-16-2012 at 08:33 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Sitting high along the 1B side at Exhibition Stadium with the wind blowing off the lake was bone chilling. Plenty of liquor needed.
...On metal benches and chairs no less. I stuck to the $2 "bleacher" seats (I use "" around bleacher because they were the only covered seats in Ole Excruciating Stadium) with the only plastic seats in the place. In my book, it's always a good idea to avoid frostbite in certain unfortunate places. Metal seats do not help one achieve this paramount goal.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Ah yess...old exhibition stadium...i had the unfortunate pleasure of watching a blue jays game there against the yankees many years ago...it was a lovely day for baseball...the temp was a balmy 20 degrees with winds off the lake at 25 mph and my #@$%# falling off at the end of the third inning. Not pleasant!

Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

oh the memories of that wonderful game i went to..and OMG this place was UGLY!
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed but it was so much fun especially by 1982 when the talent showed up.

I used to sit up right beside the second tower on the right. On the 3B side not 1B.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 04-16-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #16
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Butt ugly, but it was home to so many awesome childhood baseball memories. The AL East division clincher in 1985 against the Yankees. A few days later the first ever playoff game against the Royals. Seeing Tony Fernandez arrive with that ridiculous buggy whip throwing motion. Watching Barfield throw stunned runners out at 3B and home from RF. Good times.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

I just wished that they had waited to build the Skydome (refuse to call it the new corporate name) until after Camden Yards so that they could have copied that style. I was always annoyed that they put turf in the dome, but was doubly annoyed after seeing how nice a ballpark could look. I hate the cookie cutter style with the exact same dimensions and wall heights all around the outfield.

I'd like to see them tear off the roof, and make it a baseball only venue. Maybe then, they could put in grass and actually configure the walls into different variations. Yes, it's a pipedream, but I refuse to give it up!

Oh, and speaking of the Ex. I remember seeing Gruber hit for the cycle there against the Royals. My favourite memory of that game, though, was George Brett playing football in the outfield during warmups. LOL. He had someone snap him the ball and a couple of guys running 'routes'. He used a baseball in lieu of a real football.

Last edited by CalvinHobbes; 04-17-2012 at 10:58 AM.
CalvinHobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes View Post
I just wished that they had waited to build the Skydome (refuse to call it the new corporate name) until after Camden Yards so that they could have copied that style. I was always annoyed that they put turf in the dome, but was doubly annoyed after seeing how nice a ballpark could look. I hate the cookie cutter style with the exact same dimensions and wall heights all around the outfield.

I'd like to see them tear off the roof, and make it a baseball only venue. Maybe then, they could put in grass and actually configure the walls into different variations. Yes, it's a pipedream, but I refuse to give it up!

Oh, and speaking of the Ex. I remember seeing Gruber hit for the cycle there against the Royals. My favourite memory of that game, though, was George Brett playing football in the outfield during warmups. LOL. He had someone snap him the ball and a couple of guys running 'routes'. He used a baseball in lieu of a real football.
I played both Soccer and Football on that field. The field had a big crown for drainage. It must have been weird for IF and OF to run across it.

RichW

#stopthestupid

Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes View Post

Now..as far as Rogers Centre goes...i actually like that place. It is a multipurpose stadium designed for other things as well...but as baseball park it does a decent job. The sightlines are not that bad and seeing a bonafide hotel above the field is actually quite a sight. Lots of things happen behind those windows u know. I prefer the roof open during a ballgame...it give the stadium a more baseball feel during a game.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now..as far as Rogers Centre goes...i actually like that place. It is a multipurpose stadium designed for other things as well...but as baseball park it does a decent job. The sightlines are not that bad and seeing a bonafide hotel above the field is actually quite a sight. Lots of things happen behind those windows u know. I prefer the roof open during a ballgame...it give the stadium a more baseball feel during a game.
I've learned not to let the Dome spoil my baseball fix. On a sunny day or a warm night the open roof makes it work well. I'd also say that in the 500 level there are some seats way better than other stadiums upper levels (good sightlines).

RichW

#stopthestupid