Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Safeathome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Winter/Summer Leagues

Is there a way to be able to have "winter" leagues in an MLB-style league that would have Dominican Leagues, etc. but use players from the MLB and the some affiliated minor leagues and/or free agents while not taking the players that are on the active rosters of MLB teams.
Basically, is it possible for players to play in a winter league while they are still on an MLB team and have the stats from the winter league as part of their searchable states (like their stats from various minor leagues, etc.) and then return to the teams for spring training of MLB that they had played for before?

On a similar note, if you are running a NCAA-style league is it possible to have players from the college teams play for a team in a "summer league" without disrupting their status on their individual college team but still having their stats from both the college team and the summer league able to be viewed by a team drafting them at the end of their "service time" in college?

I am not sure if I am making sense - so if I am not, let me know!
Safeathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
conception
All Star Starter

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way that is possible without manually moving players and then having to move them back. While OOTP is not a broken game by any means, these winter leagues are quite frankly one aspect of OOTP that have never worked anything like their real-life counterparts.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
clamel
All Star Starter

I bring this old thread to life to add to the Q in winter leagues.

What if one created a "winter" league as a minor league that has a schedule starting after October and finishes in December ?

Would the AI move players to these teams from the "normal" teams. Question remains if the AI have any idea of what players to move to these teams that are playing in the period of the Winter Meeting.
I fear they get screwed up.

Markus should address this so that MLB organizations could move players to Winter League teams just to work out those players that didn´t get much playing time in the season that past.
Affiliate the Winter Teams with the MLB organizations like the Arizona League perhaps.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
Marberi
All Star Reserve

What an excellent question. I just hope this can help...

Inspired by the WBC, I created a winter league that includes teams from 16 countries. Teams are then divided into 4 divisions, with 4 teams each, that play a balanced 90 game schedule from early Nov. (1 week after the World Series) straight into Spring Training (including an MLB style postseason). Each team has an MLB style 25-man active roster, plus unlimited reserve rosters, filled with the best players from each country.

Like conception said, players have to be moved manually, which is a problem concerning contracts and salaries, if you're planning on using established MLB stars (like I do). In my "world" league's case, since these are national teams and players are "invited" to play, just like in any intl. competition, financial settings are off, so I don't have this problem.

Moving the players manually back and forth can be a real drag. But, their stats do remain intact in their profile, cuz the league is just like any other minor league in your universe, even if it's not affiliated to any MLB franchise (I set the league to "International" and "non-affiliated").

After tinkering a lot within the game, the best (if not only) way I've found to do this is by creating a new, fictional league within a new MLB game (you can also do it with an existing MLB game) and do most of it manually, which does require a lot of time and effort, plus there's also all the "hot stove" activities to take into consideration (FA signings, Rule V draft, winter meetings, etc.).

So, it's up to you to see if you actually believe if it's worth it.
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote