Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

Old Minor League Logos/Uniforms

I'm working on a historical/fictional setup that has 3 levels of minor leagues that are basically a composite of all the old minor leagues. Using NoPepper's facegen set for the AA, IL, and PCL, and a few other random ones I've found, I've been able to come up with great stuff for a lot of the teams, but I've still got quite a few to go. Has anyone seen logos/uniforms/caps for the teams below? Some of them are easily available in their current form (i.e. Durham Bulls), but I'm looking for something older looking if I can get it. If nothing like these are available, is anyone interested in doing them? I don't need every year or anything like that. For every other team, I've just picked one set I like. I generally prefer white jerseys, and I'm looking for something that fits in with the old school feel I'm going for (mostly 20's and 30's). However, I'm not too picky about exact timeframe, since I've already used logos and uniforms from as early as the 1910's and as late as the 1950's. Thanks for all the great work you guys do. I'm still learning graphics editing, so maybe I can start contributing one day soon.

Albany Senators
Binghamton Triplets
Charlotte Hornets - have logo, need everything else
Chattanooga Lookouts - have uniform, need logo and color info
Colorado Springs Sky Sox
Columbia Reds
Durham Bulls
Fort Worth Cats
Hartford Chiefs
Houston Buffaloes
Jersey City - have uniform, need logo and color info
Macon Peaches
Memphis Chickasaws - have uniform, need logo and color info
Mobile Bears - have uniform, need logo and color info
Nashville Volunteers - have uniform, need logo and color info
New Orleans Pelicans - have uniform, need logo and color info
Oklahoma City Indians
Reading Phillies
San Antonio Missions
Scranton Red Sox
Tulsa Oilers
Utica Blue Sox
Wilkes-Barre Indians
Williamsport Grays
jwinbigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Fortunately, you have a lot of Southern Association and Texas League teams...these were recently done by No Pepper. Contact him to get them, for AllSimBaseball's files are down, and these are not available on PadresFan's site. As for some of the other teams (I'm assuming most of them are Eastern League teams from the 20's-30's) try using a jersey from the parent team (for example: Albany Senators could be Washington Senators or Scranton Red Sox could be Boston Red Sox) and then just try to locate an image for the logo. You could even use a different version of the parent logo that doesn't show the city name.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
No Pepper
All Star Starter

I'm getting a few requests to update some of the files I've made to make them available on padresfan's site, since allsimbaseball had gone down and reorganized. I just haven't had the time recently to do all this so all I can ask for is some patience. Believe me, I want you guys to have them, I just haven't had time to organize everything and upload.

jwinbigler, I may have a few of your teams I can look for, but Dr. Park has good advice in the meantime.
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Here are some logos
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

Thanks, those are awesome! I've done quite a few workarounds for most of these teams, but I've still got a few to go. I saw some great uniforms on this site Hardball Heroes Coaching Directory!, so I know someone at least has done Albany, Macon, and Fort Worth before. I'd also like to know if there's a companion logo set to go with your Southern League uniform set. If so, I could do some team substitutions. I'm definitely interested in making my own logos and uniforms also, since I own Photoshop and I'm willing to learn the ins and outs of it. Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck finding references to start with. For example, your Chattanooga logo above looks great, and I'm assuming it's historically accurate, but as much as I've searched online, I've never seen it. I've also been unable to find anything for the Tulsa Oilers or Utica Blue Sox. Those are just examples. Is there some secret site you guys all go to for your references for old logos and uniforms? I'd appreciate any further help or advice you may have.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #6
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

Well, I managed to find an old Utica Blue Sox logo at 100x100, so here's my first attempt at fooling around with Photoshop. I scaled it up to 150x150 and then I had to clean it up a LOT. It took about half an hour to get it to look the way I wanted, but I think I'll get faster with experience. Please let me know what you think.
Attached Images
Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

That's a real good effort on the Blue Sox logo. Keep it up. Lastly, there is a HUGE pack of uniforms from No Pepper that includes historically accurate minor league towns, and I think Albany,Tulsa, and Utica are in included. That set is available at PadresFan.

Also, try www.logoserver.com for older logos or an idea.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinbigler View Post
I'm working on a historical/fictional setup that has 3 levels of minor leagues that are basically a composite of all the old minor leagues. Using NoPepper's facegen set for the AA, IL, and PCL, and a few other random ones I've found, I've been able to come up with great stuff for a lot of the teams, but I've still got quite a few to go. Has anyone seen logos/uniforms/caps for the teams below? Some of them are easily available in their current form (i.e. Durham Bulls), but I'm looking for something older looking if I can get it. If nothing like these are available, is anyone interested in doing them? I don't need every year or anything like that. For every other team, I've just picked one set I like. I generally prefer white jerseys, and I'm looking for something that fits in with the old school feel I'm going for (mostly 20's and 30's). However, I'm not too picky about exact timeframe, since I've already used logos and uniforms from as early as the 1910's and as late as the 1950's. Thanks for all the great work you guys do. I'm still learning graphics editing, so maybe I can start contributing one day soon.

Albany Senators
Binghamton Triplets
Charlotte Hornets - have logo, need everything else
Chattanooga Lookouts - have uniform, need logo and color info
Colorado Springs Sky Sox
Columbia Reds
Durham Bulls
Fort Worth Cats
Hartford Chiefs
Houston Buffaloes
Jersey City - have uniform, need logo and color info
Macon Peaches
Memphis Chickasaws - have uniform, need logo and color info
Mobile Bears - have uniform, need logo and color info
Nashville Volunteers - have uniform, need logo and color info
New Orleans Pelicans - have uniform, need logo and color info
Oklahoma City Indians
Reading Phillies
San Antonio Missions
Scranton Red Sox
Tulsa Oilers
Utica Blue Sox
Wilkes-Barre Indians
Williamsport Grays
I definitely help you out with the Reading Phillies logo...what era were you looking for. Their logo was redone about 10-15 times since their inspection. I know that they used to be the Reading Indians, Reading Phillies, and so forth. Also the Scranton Indians was one of the first teams from the international league. The Indians then moved from Scranton down to the eastern league thus becoming the Reading Phillies. If you need any help with the logos, let me know. I could surely find those two on my computer. Also...not to hinder your plans, the reading phillies didn't come about until 1967 when Philadelphia moved their double-a team to Reading

Last edited by Gige56; 06-24-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Gige56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
No Pepper
All Star Starter

There is no secret site out there to find all what you are looking for. One usually has to dig deep to find just one reference. I'm sure if one is well-connected, which I'm not, this would be very easy to find. I can post the SA and Texas League I have (circa 1940) complete with uniforms and logos, within the next several days.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gige56 View Post
I definitely help you out with the Reading Phillies logo...what era were you looking for. Their logo was redone about 10-15 times since their inspection. I know that they used to be the Reading Indians, Reading Phillies, and so forth. Also the Scranton Indians was one of the first teams from the international league. The Indians then moved from Scranton down to the eastern league thus becoming the Reading Phillies. If you need any help with the logos, let me know. I could surely find those two on my computer. Also...not to hinder your plans, the reading phillies didn't come about until 1967 when Philadelphia moved their double-a team to Reading
Yeah, Reading was one of those I had to kind of settle for. I was using this site to reference minor league affiliations: Philadelphia Phillies Minor League Affiliations - Baseball-Reference.com Other than Utica, the Phillies didn't really have an affiliate for more than 3 years in that era, and most of the teams were better associated or affiliated longer with another team. So, I ended up going with Miami (AAA), Reading (AA), and Utica (A). I'll take whatever logos you have for Reading. For now, I'm using one from 1983, which looks okay, but if you have something earlier, I'd be interested. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Here is a Durham Bulls logo from the 20s, styled after the patch on the 1925 jersey here: https://www.ebbets.com/category/BaseballJerseys/11

I lightened up the colors a little, otherwise you won't be able to see them well. I'll try to make a jersey based on the 1965 jersey on that same page later. Let me know if you want the sun collar (on the 25 jersey) or not.
Attached Images

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 06-24-2009 at 05:44 PM.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

Thanks, that looks great. I like the collar on that '25 jersey, but I can do without it. Whatever's easier for you. Looks like the '65 jersey will fit in with my league just fine. Here's my first attempt at a jersey/cap using No Pepper's template. It has no historical basis, but it fits in with the logo I did above, so I'll probably use it unless I can find or create something better. Also, are there any good font packs out there for uniforms, or do most of you just hand-draw the complicated ones?
Attached Images
Old 06-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Please do the sun collar jersey.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Got the Bulls jersey done, then redid the logo to match the color scheme since the jersey is basically black. I guess I'm envisioning a black hat with it, though I guess white with stripes might fit.

I didn't have the game open, so I didn't check it out. Hopefully it looks OK in game.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #15
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

I just tried it in the game, and it didn't work. I noticed it was 511x511 pixels instead of 512x512 like all the other ones, so I tried changing it in Photoshop using canvas size. That made it came up, but something isn't quite centered right, because the collar isn't lining up. I really like the look, though, so I'm going to keep playing with it. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #16
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

Actually, was the collar not lining up intentional? It looks like it might have been to simulate a button down look, but I made it line up because I think I like it better that way. Here's one that works in game (at 512x512). I just used a plain black cap with the logo on it. All credit still goes to you, though. How in the world did you get the script to look that good, anyway? Thanks again.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 AM   #17
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinbigler View Post
Actually, was the collar not lining up intentional? It looks like it might have been to simulate a button down look, but I made it line up because I think I like it better that way. Here's one that works in game (at 512x512). I just used a plain black cap with the logo on it. All credit still goes to you, though. How in the world did you get the script to look that good, anyway? Thanks again.
I've never used the sun collar in the template before so I had no idea what it would look like. Maybe he did that so it would stand out more. Glad you got it tweaked like you like it.

Got lucky with the script. Since it was so dark, it lifted well off that picture in the RL jersey pretty well and the distortion is not particularly noticeable. I had to stretch it to get the right size.

Since it turned out so good, I think I'll find somewhere to us it in my solo league as well.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #18
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

This isn't the time frame you are looking for, but here is a Tulsa Oilers logo. Even if you can't use it, maybe someone can:

knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #19
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Here are a couple of very random historical jerseys...my first attempts...they are missing hats

Name:  jerseys_Aberdeen_Pheasants.png
Views: 4895
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  jerseys_artesia_drillers.png
Views: 4798
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  jerseys_artesia_numexers.png
Views: 4622
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  jerseys_longview_cannibals.png
Views: 4694
Size:  22.2 KB
Old 06-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
jwinbigler
Major Leagues

Here's my attempt at the Charlotte Hornets. I'm not sold on the hat, but let me know what you think. I'll post the source pics if anyone wants them.
Attached Images
Image Image Image