Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #41
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy
This is a problem that I've thought about too.

Here are a couple of options I've considered:
  1. Maintain enough consistency with the photos that it won't be a problem (CON: The faces look too similar to one another)
  2. Forget about facial hair (how many players really have moustaches anyway??) (CON: Not very realistic)
  3. A built-in editor in the utility that lets you move the elements around if you find some in the game that look off (CON: Man that's a lot of work)
Any other suggestions anyone has would be great.
Nothing really comes to mind. Having done a lot of faces manually, you'll get the same thing with regard to beards, sideburns, and hair (and sunglasses and jewelry...). Faces are different widths, hieghts, and contours. I place them by hand so the location is easy but I still have to stretch the hair layers horizontally and/or vertically.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #42
pat
Hall Of Famer

I have a hair/facial hair template of 17 MLB teams. PM me your email address. Also, it's in .rar format, should I change it to .zip?

Previous Leagues - Time Warp Baseball / International Federation of Baseball / Professional Baseball Replay League / No Pepper Baseball League / MLB Pro

Current OOTP 24 Leagues - Sim Sports Gaming - (2016-Present) Washington Nationals (2016-2022) *2017 Champions
Oakland Athletics (2023-Present)
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #43
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I am assuming this will likely not work with Mac?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #44
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel
I am assuming this will likely not work with Mac?
Probably not I'm affraid...

But, you could probably get someone with a PC to do it for you if you provide them with the CSV dump from your game.
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #45
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy
Probably not I'm affraid...

But, you could probably get someone with a PC to do it for you if you provide them with the CSV dump from your game.
isn't there a PC emulation layer for MAC?

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #46
pat
Hall Of Famer

I'm afraid my template is for the front-facing template. I'll try to change it to side-facing template, if time permits me.

Previous Leagues - Time Warp Baseball / International Federation of Baseball / Professional Baseball Replay League / No Pepper Baseball League / MLB Pro

Current OOTP 24 Leagues - Sim Sports Gaming - (2016-Present) Washington Nationals (2016-2022) *2017 Champions
Oakland Athletics (2023-Present)
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #47
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
I'm afraid my template is for the front-facing template. I'll try to change it to side-facing template, if time permits me.
That would be great if you could do that. I'm not planning on having this utility done until the end of July, so I'm not in any particular rush. If not, no worries.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #48
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Looking forward to this beast. Thanks again for taking the time doing this.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #49
Deft
All Star Starter

Layton, if you are picking faces already generated by Facegen the extents of the image will vary some amount from the default face I supplied with the template. Based on the extents that varies from the default, can't you scale the accessories and hats to fit?

I know it may take some trial and error but you should get close. What do you think?
Deft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #50
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

This is definately something I am interested in.

Blueturf, do you have a template for your creations? I have a number of your creations and would love to make some like yours only I am not creative enough to start from scratch.

TIA

Jim
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #51
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Progress Update: Back to the Drawing Board, but Very Optimistic

Sorry I haven't kept you updated for a while.

I've decided to switch development platforms from Lazarus to Delphi. This was a difficult choice for me because I generally try to support open-source software as much as possible. However, the database handling in Lazarus was far too buggy.

Most of the work I had done in Lazarus will carry over into Delphi, but I also need to redo some things. However, Delphi's better documentation and extensive third-party add-ons should make some of the trickier aspects of development a lot better (I was really at a loss for how to convert my generated BMP's into PNG's, but this should be a lot easier in Delphi.)

Here's where I stand currently:
  • My first priority is to get the database functionality working so that I can scan an OOTP dump, extract all and only the information I need, and put it into a more convenient format.
  • Next, I will flesh out the data architecture that I will require internally to the utility.
  • Next, tweaks and improvements to the face generation methods until it gets to a point where I feel comfortable making a couple hundred faces at a time and I am satisfied with the quality.
  • Next, compiling uniforms, faces, etc. This shouldn't take too long, as much of this work is already done.
  • Release version 1.0
Old 06-17-2006, 03:47 AM   #52
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

Damn, I can't believe I missed this until now. I'm very much excited to see this come to fruition and I'll be using it if it does. I normally don't even like fictional leagues but if a utility such as this works well I'll probably give it a go.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:14 AM   #53
galvac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would it be possible to have this make faces for the manager, coaches, Scouts, and doctor of teams? Faces that would not be as young looking as the players.
galvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:24 PM   #54
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvac
Would it be possible to have this make faces for the manager, coaches, Scouts, and doctor of teams? Faces that would not be as young looking as the players.
This is definitely a possibility, although possibly something I might hold off on until version 2. In general the algorythm would be the same, except that you would need a separate bank of older photos-not terribly difficult.

The only issue I forsee is when a player retires and becomes a coach. You don't want him to get re-assigned a totally different face that looks nothing like his "playing days face". One way to get around this, though, it to automatically lock the photos of all retired players. But then you'll end up with some coaches who still look like they are in their 20's and are wearing the uniform of the team they played for instead of the team they now coach.

But this might something I could look into for version 2.0

Good suggestion; keep 'em coming!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #55
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish
This is definately something I am interested in.

Blueturf, do you have a template for your creations? I have a number of your creations and would love to make some like yours only I am not creative enough to start from scratch.

TIA

Jim
I do have a template that I use in Photoshop. This thread shows an example of what it looks like. PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...34#post1357834
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #56
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I msged you Blueturf and thanks again for the offer of sending it to me. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:06 PM   #57
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Moving along a little better

Quick update.

Things are moving a lot more smoothly since switching to Delphi. I'm having no database troubles, and it handles the graphics better as well.

I've started to make some faces for testing purposes. So far, I've created 1638 that can be layered into a uniform template with a little work (to give an idea of scale: a 30-team league has 750 players on 25-man rosters at any given time, so this would probably be enough heads to fill the majors for a least a couple years.) I am going to do a lot more before the utility is released.

Unfortnuately, my save game has hit a point where it crashes if you try to advance every time, so I am not currently playing at all until the next patch comes out. The upside is that this gives me more time for coding. The downside is that I had a lot of history stocked up in that save, and I would hate to have to start from scratch again.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #58
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Are you needing some help in creating player faces? I can help as I have the full version of Facegen.

Let me know if you need the help or not.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 PM   #59
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish
Are you needing some help in creating player faces? I can help as I have the full version of Facegen.

Let me know if you need the help or not.
That would be really huge if you're willing to pitch in.

Only a couple of things I need in order to use them:

I need the faces in BMP format, height 86 pixels, width 85 pixels. The background must be black. Not mostly black, not really dark. Black. That includes right at the edges of the face (any thing that isn't completely black will end up as a dark spot on the resulting player photo.)

The heads should be positioned in such a way as to fit into Deft's side-facing template (ie with facing slightly to the side.)

Finally, the faces must be sorted by ethnicity in order to handled properly in the utility (ie make a batch of Asians, a bath of East-Indians, etc, but no mixed batches... this is because the program needs to be able to pick out which faces are which in order to assign, for example, an Asian face to a player from Japan, etc.)

Oh, and the age slider should be fixed fairly low (20-30).

Thank you very much for volunteering your services, and if you have any questions, let me know. (I'll PM you my email for passing files back and forth).
Old 06-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #60
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Just Checking...

Is this what you are looking for?

Last edited by tcblcommish; 06-06-2007 at 11:22 PM.