Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
jspell7575
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How Does OSA Calculate POT?

So in this draft class we have someone who looks like the next coming of Sandy Koufax and we have someone that looks like a good-to great pitcher should they both hit full potential. So can someone explain to me how the pitcher with ratings from heaven has a lower potential? (I have attached screenshots below)
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-23-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
Wingedlion14
Minors (Double A)

I believe it takes personality into account too. Guy on top has a bad work ethic, guy on the bottom has a good one.
Wingedlion14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #3
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

The "godly" guy is more raw so there is a lesser chance of him fully developing especially with a 20 changeup. I'd assume OOTP rates him lower because like real life prospect rankings they factor in the risk. Also depending on your settings stat's might have an effect as could scouting if you have it enabled, often times the AI scout is harsher on players with low velocity regardless of anything else since he doesn't have an overpowering fastball to fall back on.
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingedlion14 View Post
I believe it takes personality into account too. Guy on top has a bad work ethic, guy on the bottom has a good one.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Add in that the guy on the bottom is closer to reaching his potential while the guy on top is very raw. So the guy on the bottom has a better chance to reach his potential.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote