Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 05-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

2041 - General Discussion

P414

KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Nice summary!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

2040 drew to a close and the Sidewinders just didn't have enough gas, falling short in league championships in the 5th game. I was pretty happy though, winning a diamond playoff series is a big step for the team, even if we didn't get promotion. Checked my end of season stuff and then it finally happened: The 86 Ovr Tris Speaker, finally available in the auction house! Put in my bid and sure enough, we've got the All-time Doubles champ on the team now, which means goodbye Bryce Harper, I will miss your sub-.200 Avg. Good luck this season everyone!
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Forgot to change my settings to get back into the perfect leagues with the forum gang this week for any of my teams so another week of getting some new faces to play against.

Blue Gryphons ended up in P417 and are off to a strong start in the NC Central. 9 WS titles in this league at the Perfect level, including the Amesbury Indians with 4 and my Gryphs with 3.

Interesting that the random shuffle put my Red and Gold Gryphs together in P412 - and in the same division no less in the NC West. They've already beat each other up a few times. This league is strong, with 18 WS Perfect Level titles, and 4 teams with multiple titles at perfect. Will be interesting to see how they stack up with my two weaker teams, including Red that flirted with relegation last week until the final day. I had saved up some PP with that team though, and replaced 82 Carew with 91 Sisler. One player typically doesn't make a huge difference but I'm a big fan of Sisler on my other two teams and expect the offence to get a boost. Clemens 94 was a bust last week after adding half way through the year so I'm expecting starting the year with the team and in the rotation should make for a bump there too. Too early to tell but hopefully it's enough to keep the team away from the cut line and maybe even occasionally be in the late season running for a playoff spot? We'll see...

Good luck this week everybody!!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #5
Izz
Hall Of Famer

P416 for the Hoggs, who are off to a 10-7 start. We have a run differential of -12 already, though, so we've been lucky.

Pulled Syndergaard from my end of week packs, and decided he would replace Reuschel in the rotation.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:51 PM   #6
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Hoboken Zephyrs are off to a blazing 15-6 start in D375. Scaled back the doubles and triples this season after previously maxing them out and in a very limited sample, seems to be paying dividends.

Port Washington Pack Rats are 10-10 in D395. Was hoping they'd be better, but seems that a lot of the issues come from my best pitchers struggling at the outset. Perhaps they'll rebound as the season progresses.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #7
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Healy are still somehow holding their head above water in P416. They are 21-15, leading their division by 2 games. However, they still have a negative run differential (-17), and Pythag says they should be 16-20. They've been lucky in extra-innings games so far (5-0), and in 1-run games (8-3).

Just about to start a 4-game set against asaintsfan's New Orleans Brees, who are 29-8 and about as stacked as you can get. If I can win 1 game in this series I'll be happy.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 05-07-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

The Hoboken Zephyrs' unholy tear continues, as they now sit at 30-11 in D375 with a +94 run differential. I don't think I've ever had a start like this, even in bronze league. I can't see their .299 BA being sustainable, but a 100+ win season in Diamond would be a decent accomplishment for a 21-point team (Orcin scoring system).
Old 05-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #9
Izz
Hall Of Famer

We're now playing as expected, 39-51. Still, we're only 2 1/2 games back in our division, seeing as the best team in the AC Central is 43-50.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #10
Izz
Hall Of Famer

We've done better this season than our other season at perfect. We'll avoid relegation fairly easily but are still only about a .400 team. We'll have enough PP to open 17-18 packs once the season finishes tomorrow (got some decent cards from my packs last week that didn't upgrade my team but picked me up some coin at the AH), so hopefully we can find an upgrade or two.

On paper this season Syndergaard should've been an upgrade over Reuschel but Noah's put up a 6+ ERA across 192 innings, so maybe not!

Old 05-12-2019, 03:20 AM   #11
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Blue Gryphons won the NC Central in P417 fairly easily, and get the bye to the divisionals. Strong regular season had us 3rd overall, and battled for top spot with the Ottawa Hammerheads and Amesbury Indians all season long jockeying back and forth. Can't figure out who to kick out of the rotation this year in the playoffs so may just keep going with a 5-man setup for now.

Gold Gryphons won the NC East in P412, narrowly beating out my Red Gryphons, who in turn missed the WC spot by 1 game. We get to face a very strong team in the Divisional series that finished 109-53, and looks on paper to have us beat. But again, this is why we play the playoff games where anything can happen - and did for my Gold Gryphs last time around.

Good luck to everyone who's still going this week!
Old 05-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #12
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints make the ALCS....

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #13
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Good luck McDog... both Gryph teams now eliminated - and the Blue Gryphons were up 2-0.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #14
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Good luck McDog... both Gryph teams now eliminated - and the Blue Gryphons were up 2-0.

Thanks Dunzie - down 2-1

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:02 PM   #15
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Both my squads have made the Diamond Series! The Port Washington Pack Rats were definitely not as deserving, as they had to win Game 163 to win the division with a 79-84 record. Hoping they don't get murdered too badly in Perfect this coming week.

The Hoboken Zephyrs finished with the best record and run differential in the league and are currently tied 1-1 in the Diamond Series. Really hope they can win another title. They just have the one from Silver back in 2025.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:37 AM   #16
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0rmzbr0 View Post
Both my squads have made the Diamond Series! The Port Washington Pack Rats were definitely not as deserving, as they had to win Game 163 to win the division with a 79-84 record. Hoping they don't get murdered too badly in Perfect this coming week.

The Hoboken Zephyrs finished with the best record and run differential in the league and are currently tied 1-1 in the Diamond Series. Really hope they can win another title. They just have the one from Silver back in 2025.
Ended up going 1-for-2 here, with the 79-84 Pack Rats taking down the D395 title! Looks like the Zephyrs lost their series in 7 games.

Expecting the Zephyrs to hang tough this week in P409, while the Pack Rats may struggle to stay above the relegation line.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #17
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0rmzbr0 View Post
Ended up going 1-for-2 here, with the 79-84 Pack Rats taking down the D395 title! Looks like the Zephyrs lost their series in 7 games.

Expecting the Zephyrs to hang tough this week in P409, while the Pack Rats may struggle to stay above the relegation line.

Congrats on the WS title!! Always awesome winning a game 7 for the glory, losing is gut wrenching.