Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 01-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #1
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Quickstart: North American Baseball Association

Here is my 32-team fictional quickstart... this is version 1.2.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/526bk...kstart.7z/file

Version 1.2 includes:
*Corrected name set - no more Asian names from the Dominican Republic
*World Baseball Classic added - takes place every two years
*Everything listed below

Version 1.1 includes:
*Logos for each level
*Customized stadium names
*Customized playoffs.

.7z format, use 7zip to extract.

The World
Map of all teams
This league features 28 organizations based in the United States as well as three in Canada and one in Cuba. There are four divisions each of 8 teams. Teams play a total of 156 games and I recommend using the schedule files I'm uploading as well.

Each team has a AAA affiliate nearby. AA through Rookie Ball leagues are more geographically organized, similar to the real-life minor league setup. Whenever possible, affiliates were assigned based on geography.

This quickstart begins in 1946, just post-WWII. I started the league in 1925 and simmed ahead then cleared the history just to prevent any oddities with game-created players vs. players generated in the draft. I'm still honestly not sure if I'll start fresh or sim forward to present day and start with a rich history myself.

The Rules
There's a DH at all levels, because the DH is so obviously superior to no DH. Mostly the structure mirrors current Major League Baseball, although I went with 2008 as the baseline for financials and league totals. This is because in recent baseball history, this (to me) was a nice balance between the juiced ball early 2000s and the deadball/three true outcomes 2010s. Also, as a Tampa Bay Rays fan, 2008 will always hold a special place in my heart.

The vast majority of the talent will join the league through the draft. There is no international amateur period, although scouting discoveries, FAs from foreign leagues, and FAs from independent leagues are set to default. I may change this in the future.

There is no spring training. There are no rainouts. Automatic evolution is turned off.

The Logos, Jerseys, and Caps
All logos, jerseys, and caps are from the tremendous work low has done in this thread. There are many logos that I love that I just couldn't fit in here, and he's adding terrific new ones nearly daily. Check that thread out if you want to relocate or rebrand any of the teams. He also has produced a ton of cool alternate uniforms. I'm a traditionalist so 90% of the league is home whites and road grays, but the rest have colorful road uniforms. So if you want even more variety, download his pack and update as needed.

Oh, and I used dogzilla's world template and names.

The Schedule
The four schedules are my own creations. Each team plays 12 games (6H/6A) against divisional opponents, six games against inter-divisional opponents (3H/3A), and three games against one interleague division (3H/0A or 0H/3A). It's a set of four so the interleague rotates and in each four year cycle every team both hosts and plays at every interleague opponent for one series.

Every team plays six games per week and has either Monday or Thursday off. Sundays and Thursdays (and home openers) are all 1:00 PM, everything else is 7:00 PM. There's a week-long all star break in July.

The final quirk is that for the final two days of the season, all 16 games are played concurrently, Premier-league style. So for those tight playoff races the games will all be going on at the same time.

The Next Version
Unless there's something I'm missing, the next version will simply be an OOTP 20 version.

I hope you'll give it a look and let me know what you think can be improved!

Last edited by Imperialism32; 02-07-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for putting this together!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

I have update the original post... Version 1.1 is up!
Old 02-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

I think there's some weirdness with the names. May need to re-create the whole thing. Blah.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

I'll have a new version using the original name set (was getting Asian names from the Dominican Republic and other oddities) and a World Baseball Classic added by the start of next week.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #6
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Version 1.2 is up... fixed some tiny things and added a WBC.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:58 AM   #7
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Will be using this I'm excited
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:03 AM   #8
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Just checking this all out, I'm really interested in giving this a look. I love fully fictional universes like this with logos and uniforms for all levels. It feels much more fleshed out in those instances. Will also look forward to when it gets updated for 20 (once I get that version, too).
Old 03-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #9
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I haven't attempted to download/install a Quick Start game in quite some time. Can you give me a brief run down on how to get this file upload so I can check out your baseball universe?
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:52 PM   #10
mkvitz89
Minors (Single A)

Hi will this league work OOTP 20

Thanks
mkvitz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #11
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I appreciate this quick start and have been playing with it in OOTP 20. It is odd for those contracts and amount of teams in 1946, but I am giving it a good run through.
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:38 PM   #12
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
I appreciate this quick start and have been playing with it in OOTP 20. It is odd for those contracts and amount of teams in 1946, but I am giving it a good run through.
Glad to hear that. I didn't even think of that with the contracts. Perhaps if I do another version the money will be more realistic!