Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #101
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling again that something has gone wrong with this project and am getting doubtful that we'll see it this year or ever. The long silence on the development of a football game has happened before when the project stalled.

I know I'm on the pessimistic side here...maybe they'll surprise me.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong, please, and why I should be more optimistic.
Because just two weeks ago Markus posted that development is ongoing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Guys, if we have something to say, we will. Development is ongoing, and once we get closer to a release date, we will let you know of course!

Until then please keep the discussion friendly. Thanks!

-closed-
Old 02-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #102
MajorSupreme
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Because just two weeks ago Markus posted that development is ongoing...
Sure that sounds great, but I can remember the same things being said for Kojima's "Silent Hills" or "Star Wars 1313." That's the territory we're in. With such little substance it is not surprising that people are more pessimistic than ever with this game.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #103
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme View Post
Sure that sounds great, but I can remember the same things being said for Kojima's "Silent Hills" or "Star Wars 1313." That's the territory we're in. With such little substance it is not surprising that people are more pessimistic than ever with this game.
With Jim's history, IE being quiet during development, speaking when there is something to say, and multiple versions of the game being released, it is surprising that people are pessimistic
Old 02-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #104
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Folks, I have some great news. Through a special "mind meld" technique that I have developed, I was able to communicate with Jim telepathically last night. I asked him for an update, and here's what he communicated:

Quote:
Project is going well, we are still meshing FOF code to OOTP's interface so no screen shots yet. We've been working hard on this. We still don't have a release date, but as soon as we have one we will tell you.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #105
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Folks, I have some great news. Through a special "mind meld" technique that I have developed, I was able to communicate with Jim telepathically last night. I asked him for an update, and here's what he communicated:

Quote:
Project is going well, we are still meshing FOF code to OOTP's interface so no screen shots yet. We've been working hard on this. We still don't have a release date, but as soon as we have one we will tell you.

And yes, I can confirm that is exactly the situation! Let me add that the upcoming release of OOTP 20 and the limited size of our team does not help with the progress of FOF. I can guarantee you that any relevant news about FOF will be posted HERE. No post = no news. Thank you for your understanding

Last edited by Andreas Raht; 02-12-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #106
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post

And yes, I can confirm that is exactly the situation! Let me add that the upcoming release of OOTP 20 and the limited size of our team does not help with the progress of FOF. I can guarantee you that any relevant news about FOF will be posted HERE. No post = no news. Thank you for your understanding

Wait... Isn't anyone impressed about my ability to telepathically communicate?!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #107
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Wait... Isn't anyone impressed about my ability to telepathically communicate?!

Well, I'm afraid it works as it always works. You claim you can communicate telepathically, but the truth is that you just said the obvious
Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #108
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well, I'm afraid it works as it always works. You claim you can communicate telepathically, but the truth is that you just said the obvious

Oh yeah? Well... There were other things he told me but... uh... I'm afraid I can't reveal them... So there.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #109
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

So basically FOF has to wait behind OOTP 20, when is OTTP20 out then? Almost a year ago markus posted OOTP FOF coming soon, should have read ,it might come out this decade!
Old 02-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #110
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why would they release the football game in the offseason? It doesn't make sense. What other sports games are released during the offseason or at least the start of the offseason? NONE.

They all wait until people are excited about the new season and release their games prior to the start of the season or shortly thereafter. Why would this be any different? I said it before. I see this as a massive positive that they're not rushing some shoddy product out just to appease folks that are bitching on a forum. I'd rather see them release a completely reliable product and I'm confident that we will see the new game for the 2019 season. Plus, maybe this will give them plenty of time to include MP in v1 which IMO will be well worth the wait.

Last edited by ezlee2; 02-13-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #111
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
So basically FOF has to wait behind OOTP 20, when is OTTP20 out then? Almost a year ago markus posted OOTP FOF coming soon, should have read ,it might come out this decade!

Work on FOF is still progressing. Not as fast as we would want to, because we have to work on OOTP 20, which will be released in March 2019.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:30 AM   #112
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Work on FOF is still progressing. Not as fast as we would want to, because we have to work on OOTP 20, which will be released in March 2019.

Can you give us a 6 month window on when the new game is expected to be released? If not just give us something to keep our enthusiasm please?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #113
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
BTW, this looks like an update to me.

Last edited by ezlee2; 02-13-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #114
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling again that something has gone wrong with this project and am getting doubtful that we'll see it this year or ever. The long silence on the development of a football game has happened before when the project stalled.

I know I'm on the pessimistic side here...maybe they'll surprise me.

Maybe because it's not football season?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #115
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:

You're wrong.
Unfortunately, Jim has to work all alone on this at the moment, because we released PT two months ago and will release OOTP 20 next month and that is just a huge work load for the rest of the team.
Jim is posting new screens every week in our internal forum tool, but we cannot post them in the public, because the graphics designer did not work on them yet. If we post them now, we just get a lot of unnecessary discussions, because they are not final (graphics wise). We'll post details when the beta starts.
No news here means that the situation did not change. All is said, I'll close the thread, and I'll watch the posts on this forum attentively. No trolling please Thank you for understanding.