Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #141
Austsaint
Minors (Double A)

Am waiting for the pre-order, got my baseball preview on it's way..

Sent from my F3215 using Tapatalk
Austsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #142
taojc6
Bat Boy

Any update to report exports?

I was in the process of trying to convert a Diamond Mind run league over last year and a few owners wanted to see the pitching stats in a report. When attempting to export the data, we realized that a majority of the pitching values (along with fielding) would not export, this was the case for OOTP 18 and 19. Will OOTP 20 have that fixed?

I'm trying to convince the owners in my league to start with fresh rosters but it's not the favorite option for everyone.
taojc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #143
HipandKneeDoc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question:

Will my perfect team team players transfer over into OOTP20?

Would make it more palatable to drop coin on some points now.......
HipandKneeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:05 AM   #144
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipandKneeDoc View Post
Question:

Will my perfect team team players transfer over into OOTP20?

Would make it more palatable to drop coin on some points now.......
That's a No, nothing from PT will transfer. It would make absolutely no business sense to allow plus they are making changes where the live cards will be updated based on actual real season performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #145
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Would love to be able to hit "sim this at bat" button...don't necessarily want to "sim until RISP" or "sim inning" as sometimes I just want to sim a batter or 2. Can't wait until this comes out and see what advancements have been made to 3-D...that has really been a game changer for me!!!
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #146
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUKegman View Post
Would love to be able to hit "sim this at bat" button...don't necessarily want to "sim until RISP" or "sim inning" as sometimes I just want to sim a batter or 2. Can't wait until this comes out and see what advancements have been made to 3-D...that has really been a game changer for me!!!
That's basically what 1 pitch mode does. You click once and the AB is played out.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #147
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Yes but I don't want to have to sit through the play by play and watch certain at bats, would like to just hit a button and immediately be on the next batter instead of waiting for all that to play out...not trying to be picky just that I am usually pressed for time when I do get a chance to play OOTP.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #148
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes but I don't want to have to sit through the play by play and watch certain at bats, would like to just hit a button and immediately be on the next batter instead of waiting for all that to play out...not trying to be picky just that I am usually pressed for time when I do get a chance to play OOTP.
Then speed the play-by-play up. Very fast will whip through it in 2 seconds.

You also have an option for full play by play or short.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 02-10-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #149
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

The problem is I like to watch about half of the at bats -- just not all of them and would like to have the option to immediately go to the next batter instead of speeding up the PBP for a few hitters and then slow it back down for a few...would be a lot of back and forth. I know I'm being picky but it sure would be a nice option for me
Old 02-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #150
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see an over hall of the schedule editor(ability to schedule neutral site games). Plus I would like to see regular season game as the default rather than exhibition game.

I would also like to see the ability to rain out games while playing on the same day. Have that as an option when deciding what games to play out or sim.

I also would like to see the ability to a have a third conference.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-10-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #151
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
OK, so here is my question of the day:

Will it ever get to the point where the stand alone program gets so huge, it will have to be broken up into separate apps all bundled together? Like, the stadium builder will be a separate app, Perfect team would have to be a separate app, Historical play would be a separate app... etc...
Never, ever.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #152
itshim99
Minors (Double A)

I really hope you guys have some great things in works for 20. MLB the Show is becoming a complete joke with it's laser focus on Diamond Dynasty and it's refusal to upgrade player models. I urge you guys to strike while the iron is hot and not become too enamored with your version of Diamond Dynasty. Real baseball fans are grumbling. If you guys can make a big splash this year, I think you can add a significant amount of customers/gamers who have had it with MLB the show.
itshim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:23 PM   #153
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim99 View Post
I really hope you guys have some great things in works for 20. MLB the Show is becoming a complete joke with it's laser focus on Diamond Dynasty and it's refusal to upgrade player models. I urge you guys to strike while the iron is hot and not become too enamored with your version of Diamond Dynasty. Real baseball fans are grumbling. If you guys can make a big splash this year, I think you can add a significant amount of customers/gamers who have had it with MLB the show.
Baseball video games are too niche for DD, Ultimate Team modes to be too popular. It works for Madden and Fifa because they're already so popular that there will be enough that play it, whether a small portion of total players or not, that it will always make enough. Baseball isnt popular enough. All I see on twitter and facebook are franchise comments. Thats what baseball games play, not DD.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #154
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

20 years already??? Wow! I first purchased the game in 2002 and joined the boards in 2004. Time flies!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:30 AM   #155
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Baseball video games are too niche for DD, Ultimate Team modes to be too popular. It works for Madden and Fifa because they're already so popular that there will be enough that play it, whether a small portion of total players or not, that it will always make enough. Baseball isnt popular enough. All I see on twitter and facebook are franchise comments. Thats what baseball games play, not DD.
you may want to check the numbers again, more people play DD than ever and SDS would be fools to not capitalize on it.

Of course all you'll see are franchise comments, its not in the game and franchise players are mad at it. You think if DD disappeared nobody would say a word. The world is not "you"
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:53 AM   #156
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
If this is a wish list thread now, then let me just leave 2 very modest, probably doable wishes...

(1) When running a fantasy/inaugural/first year player draft, it would be nice if you could make the scouting recommendation "filterable." That is to say you want to use the scout's recommendation, but maybe you really want to take a 3B with this particular pick, you could have the scout choose a player from that position group. A little check box or option would be nice to guide the scout's recommendation here.

(2) For the life of me, I still can't figure out why the stuff rating is displayed inconsistently on the player cards. OK, if you swap a pitcher back and forth from RP and SP, that makes a difference. If a player is scouted at a different level, that makes a difference. But, when no changes have been made and it says the pitcher's stuff = 88 in one location and = 77 in another spot on the same page, this really doesn't make sense to me. This doesn't happen with movement or control ratings, making me think this is a bug and not a design.
Don't mind me...just a little self-quotation...

...because I wanted to add a couple more things I thought of as potentially useful and potentially (?) doable for the fine folks at OOTP.

(3) An alternate uniform slot would be great. If you could set it up so that teams wear one (or more) alternate uniforms on a certain day (days) of the week. I only say this because we've been spoiled with so many great uniform sets and original artwork by OOTP content creators. Many of whom are now including colorful home alternates to go with the home whites and road grays.

(4) Making potential coaching hires a wee bit more search-friendly. It would be helpful, and cut down on the number of clicks needed, to be able to sort them by their development effect and such.

Also allow me to reiterate that OOTP 19 has been one of my favorite games of all time. Not just in the text-based sim category, but lumping it in with console games and so forth going back to NES days. I was really blown away by 3D and how it adds to the already stellar sim/management/customization experience that we've come to expect. If OOTP 20 is just a marginal upgrade on this, then I'd happily pre-order and never look back. To echo what a few others have said, this is likely the best/most satisfying ~$35 I spend all year.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:08 AM   #157
itsmb8
All Star Starter

A couple things I really hope we get with OOTP 20.

1) A realistic feeder system. A way in which the high school players can be drafted or go to the college leagues, and the college players can be drafted or be free agents. We want all college leagues and high school leagues linked to the major league true to life.

2) Currently employed coaches able to be poached from other teams.

Those two are the biggest things we need IMO.

Something else that could help, maybe a more advanced financial system. That would be nice but the top two are the most important.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #158
T-Bone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
There is a toggle switch
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 PM   #159
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Am I the only ones getting a little anxious here? C'mon guys I got $40 burning a hole in my pocket. Hurry up and take it!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:34 AM   #160
jmount78
Major Leagues

This is one game that gets better with time. I may take a break from it from time to time, but when I come back to it, the game remains excellent.
jmount78 is offline   Reply With Quote