Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #261
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

I will update Jean & Mujica
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:37 PM   #262
aks62
Major Leagues

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the rule, but the game is allowing players on the 40-man who were NOT on the active roster as of September 1 to be playoff eligible...I thought you had to be on the active roster at that time. Did the game make a correct adjustment from OOTP 18, or is this a bug?
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:26 AM   #263
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the rule, but the game is allowing players on the 40-man who were NOT on the active roster as of September 1 to be playoff eligible...I thought you had to be on the active roster at that time. Did the game make a correct adjustment from OOTP 18, or is this a bug?
I see you can change this. Anyone know what the default should be?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:42 AM   #264
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Randy Munoz WAS signed 7/2/2017. Voided?
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:58 AM   #265
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Jose Placencio WAS Signed 9/5/2016. Voided?
Old 04-02-2018, 02:22 AM   #266
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Nelson Tejeda WAS 7/6/2017 Announced by WAS GM. Voided?
Old 04-02-2018, 06:05 AM   #267
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Ruben Paz CIN Reported Signing 7/2/2017. Voided?
Old 04-02-2018, 06:14 AM   #268
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
I see you can change this. Anyone know what the default should be?
Here is the rule per MLB

A postseason roster takes effect only if a team clinches a playoff berth. Players who are part of the team's final roster at the end of the regular season are eligible to participate in the postseason. Any player who has been traded from a different team, spent time in the Minor Leagues, or signed later in the season with the team (no later than August 31) is eligible to participate in the postseason. A postseason roster is allowed up to 25 active players. Other players who are not on the 25-man active roster will be assigned to the postseason secondary squad. Players who are on the disabled list or any other non-active transaction by the end of the regular season will have their transactions passed on in the postseason. Rosters for a series are set at the beginning of the series and no changes to the 25-man active roster are allowed except when a player is moved to the disabled list or any other inactive transaction. If a player is moved to the disabled list or another inactive transaction during a series, he then becomes ineligible to be returned to the 25-man active roster for the remainder of the series as well as the next series if applicable. If any player goes on any inactive transaction, any player from the 40-man roster can be promoted to the 25-man active roster for the remainder of the series if applicable.[2]

For a player to be eligible for the postseason active roster, he must have either been on his club's expanded roster or disabled list as of midnight ET on August 31 of that year and not placed on the 60 day disabled list after August 1.[3] The one exception is for replacing players on the disabled list. Since the 2014 season, an injured player eligible for postseason play may be replaced by any player within his club's organization, including players assigned to the club's minor league affiliates who are not on the major league 40-man roster. Prior to 2014, only players who were on a club's 40-man roster (including those added to the expanded roster after August 31 who would not otherwise be eligible for the postseason) at the conclusion of the regular season were eligible to replace injured players on postseason rosters. The 2015 Kansas City Royals were the first club to exploit this new provision when they added Raúl A. Mondesí—who at the time was assigned to the Royals' Double-A affiliate and was not on the 40-man roster—to their World Series roster.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #269
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

as for the washington nationals guys yes all were voided. The Ruben Paz contract was never finalized.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #270
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
Ruben Paz CIN Reported Signing 7/2/2017. Voided?
Can you check with Jim directly on this stuff, via PM maybe?

You can take it as a given he has it right in 99 cases of 100, he's beyond thorough.

But we need to keep this thread clear so that we can keep track of actual issues and things that need to be changed. It's not really for random transaction inquires. Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-02-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #271
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Roberto Medina MIL actually plays under the name Robert Molina according to all stats from last year.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #272
kjb023
Major Leagues

Some international prospects stuff:

There's a guy from the Bahamas named Trent Devaux, I think that's probably the same guy as Trent Deveaux, who is a Bahamanian int'l free agent that signed with the Angels last year.

There's also a SS named Marcos A. Gonzalez who appears to be a duplicate of a guy named Marcos Junior Gonzalez, a SS in the Cleveland organization who signed in 2016. Same birthdate and roughly the same size.
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #273
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb023 View Post
Some international prospects stuff:

There's a guy from the Bahamas named Trent Devaux, I think that's probably the same guy as Trent Deveaux, who is a Bahamanian int'l free agent that signed with the Angels last year.

There's also a SS named Marcos A. Gonzalez who appears to be a duplicate of a guy named Marcos Junior Gonzalez, a SS in the Cleveland organization who signed in 2016. Same birthdate and roughly the same size.
Fixed, thanks!

Old 04-03-2018, 10:17 PM   #274
aks62
Major Leagues

The last three years of Scott Kingery's contract are all team options. While I know it may not be possible to do that in the game for all three, can it be edited so it's at least in place for the last two? Currently, in-game, 2023 and 2024 are guaranteed, but in real life, those years are both club options.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #275
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
The last three years of Scott Kingery's contract are all team options. While I know it may not be possible to do that in the game for all three, can it be edited so it's at least in place for the last two? Currently, in-game, 2023 and 2024 are guaranteed, but in real life, those years are both club options.
I think we can only do one team option as of now

Old 04-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #276
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

Quote:
You can go in to Commish mode and make the last two years team options. Unfortunately you can't make three years team options. But you can do the last two.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:37 AM   #277
aks62
Major Leagues

Sorry in advance, I didn't know where else to put this...

The text-to-speech options in sim games don't work. "Experimental text-to-speech" automatically switches to the "Disabled" option, while "Game Sound + text-to-speech" automatically switches to "Enabled." Is there a reason for this and/or any way to fix it so the speech options work?
Old 04-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #278
jaguar8311
Minors (Triple A)

As much as I hate to post this, I think Kevin Pillar is too overrated in the current rosters.

His fielding stats are fine, but I think his batting needs to be tuned down just a bit. He consistently hits 300+ in my sims.
jaguar8311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #279
jfish26101
Bat Boy

Wil Myers - No 1B Rating?

I was looking through the player ratings and noticed I had not seen Wil Myers. Upon searching, I find he is a 38 overall and has no 1B rating despite being listed as a 1B after playing 150+ games there last season. Is this an error?

The rest of his ratings seem reasonable (bat, OF defense, base running, etc.), but that really stands out as a low rating to me so wanted to check.
jfish26101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #280
Mancandy
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Honestly that is difficult for us to control. For those that play MLB league only (i.e. no other international leagues) the season starts a day or two before opening day. For those that play MLB PLUS other international leagues the season starts early March. The online roster editor only has Injury length of time for each player. Durations entered for each player are as of about two days before Opening day.

You can always go in and add 21 days to each players injury if you like to reflect the earlier start?
That's a fair explanation for the standard game, but there's a quick start with every league that could have accurate injury lengths.
Mancandy is offline   Reply With Quote