Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #1
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

30 Teams for a 21 Game Schedule Request

Hey All,

I usually don't ask for help but this time I need it. I have been trying to figure out my fantasy baseball schedule for next season. Yes unfortunately it is for fantasy baseball and not OOTP But i figured here is the best place to ask since I can't seem to figure out a schedule.

The fantasy league is set up just like real life MLB (so 2S/3D/5T)

I would like each team to play its division opponents twice (8 games)
I would like each team to play the other two divisions in its sub league once (10 Games)
I would like each team to play one team from each division of the other subleague once (3 Games) - the teams should be based on where team finished last year, so first in ALE plays first in NLE, NLC, NLW etc etc

It doesn't have to be in notepad, an excel spreadsheet with the teams' schedules vertically going down would be much appreciated. Again I sincerely apologize that this isn't a OOTP request but like I said I figured this would be my best shot.
Jakeydude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

I just finished doing the same for my fantasy league - should be able to knock this one out.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

This should do the trick. Players should be ordered by their division finishes - for example, player 1's interleague opponents are players 16, 21 and 26, so they should all be 1st-place players or what have you.
Attached Images
Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM   #4
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
This should do the trick. Players should be ordered by their division finishes - for example, player 1's interleague opponents are players 16, 21 and 26, so they should all be 1st-place players or what have you.
I cannot thank you enough sir!!! Out of curiosity how'd you do it so quickly?? the interleague and odd divisions really tripped me up
Jakeydude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:45 PM   #5
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Honestly, the way I start every schedule that I make is just by plopping matchups down at random and not thinking about fitting it into a pattern or anything. I always prefer schedules in my OOTP games that don't have patterns (like, everyone plays interleague on such-and-such weekend, etc.) & this approach has always worked for me. Just takes a little bit of Excel magic to make sure you always know which matchups you haven't used yet, & how many teams/divisions/whatever you have left in each time slot.

In this case just winging it worked out perfectly, I only had to go back a couple of times to remove matchups that didn't fit anymore.