Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
great_ross
Bat Boy

Whats the deal with default MLB fictiinal player leagues

Someone please tell me why my fictional player league with mlb defaults is so goofy. The defaults include the following:

no waiver wire
no rule 5 draft
no minor league free agency
Secondary 40 man roster is disabled
DFA limit is not set
DL is set at 10 days

This is just what I see so far. On another note, if someone has worked out all of the discrepancies, can someone post all of the changes i need to make to the default settings to make it the same as current MLB rules? The default does correctly set the international signing hard cap at $5M, but the other stuff seems a bit lost.

Also, where do i even find the settings for waiver wires and the rule 5 draft? I need to change them, but haven't located them yet.

EDIT: Located where all of the various settings are.

I think the correct solution to change these settings to be the same as MLB is the following:

waiver wire equals 3 days
rule 5 draft activated
minor league free agency after 6 years??
Secondary 40 man roster set at 40
DFA limit set to 10 days
DL set to 15 days.

Please respond to confirm that these adjustments to the default MLB fictional player settings will make the game equal to current MLB rules.

Oh, and why is the manager of the year award button always grayed out. I like that award, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Last edited by great_ross; 04-01-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: found where settings are
great_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

There is no default fictional MLB league. Make sure you have minor league affiliates

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
great_ross
Bat Boy

Of course there is. Everyone who has ever played poop knows this. You select a custom. League and select the MLB League settings to set up your league. Obviously, it doesn't call it a *default MLB fictional player league", but many many people play it this way rather than using historical players.

Thanks for the reply though.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_ross View Post
Of course there is. Everyone who has ever played poop knows this. You select a custom. League and select the MLB League settings to set up your league. Obviously, it doesn't call it a *default MLB fictional player league", but many many people play it this way rather than using historical players.

Yeah, I posted something similar the other day. I think you're mostly right on your settings, but DFA is 7 days and DL is now 10 days starting this season.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_ross View Post

I can honestly say i've never used that feature which is pretty incredible that i've missed it because i definitely would have used it. I figured i'd double check before posting my own snappy remark

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:20 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

some settings may be different that way, still

I think the totals are significantly different, as one example (real vs fictional league game creation) .. and someone noted the disabled length or whatever is10 instead of 15 (if off, point remains the same). probably other differences, too... like ai eval etc...significant stuff.

so, you likely need some screen shots... or if after loading a real world league you remove it, the game settings should remain the same, i'd assume - 1 less thing to comb over and make sure it's the same. then add a new fictional league - you'll have to adjust rules, options, stats ai etc, if they deviate.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-02-2017 at 12:24 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

DL length IRL is now 10 days.

@MisterG90
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 AM   #8
great_ross
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I can honestly say i've never used that feature which is pretty incredible that i've missed it because i definitely would have used it. I figured i'd double check before posting my own snappy remark
Didn't mean to come off snappy. My apologies.