Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #1
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

P 412 Season 20

Well here we go again. Can you believe it is season 20 already? The Seattle Base Thieves are Defending Champions going for 2 straight. As I take a very quick look around and probably missed other teams I see that the St Louis Redux are back up in the perfect league after winning the Diamond league last season. I think we need Joe to give us a in-depth review.

Last edited by Zorro; 04-15-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

As I look at my Division I see that the Ahwatukee Snowbirds has turned their park into a right hand haven. (If it stays this way in the next 2 hours)Then we have the Phoenix Heat playing as a Pitchers Park. The Hagerstown Suns play in a slightly left handed Park and the ever Dangerous Barely Legal play in a left handed haven. Rocky Point plays in a completely neutral park this season. I only count Perfect Championships so I see The Barely Legal lead with 4 Championships in my Division while the Zorros sport 3 Perfect Championships . They are the only 2 teams in the NC West with Perfect Championships. Speaking for the Rocky Point Zorros I have to say I hate Barely Legal. They are one of the tougher teams in the PT world and I hate being in their Division. I have made the playoffs every season so this is a big one if we can do it again. It would make 20 in a row. I am quite proud of 19 straight so let’s get this season underway...
Old 04-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

As I look around the league I do not see any of the Gryphons here. No Blue, Gold Or Red? I will miss them this season.☹️
Old 04-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #4
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It’s time for Zorro baseball. Good morning everyone and a pleasant good morning to you all where ever you may be. Last season the Seattle Base Thieves won it all and are trying to repeat. The Zorros are still licking their wounds and better get it over quickly being in the same Division as Barely Legal. So lets pull up a chair and sit awhile to see who gets off to a quick start and who falters. In other words.... Let’s Play ball....
Old 04-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Day 1
Attached Images
Old 04-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I have made 3 goals this season. 1. Make the Playoffs for the 20th straight season. 2. Win my Division. 3. Win 2000 lifetime wins. Currently I have 1928. (I always want to win a Championship so that is a goal every season.)
Old 04-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Vladimir Guerrero has 2671 hits as a Zorro. He needs 329 for 3000. He has a very good chance of reaching that sometime next season. The Zorros are planning a day for that and giving away Guerrero bobble head dolls holding a 24k gold bat to be given away to the first 25 thousand in attendance that evening. The date will be announced sometime in the off season. Rumors be told that each one has a worth of about 300 dollars so be sure and get yours.😁
Old 04-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #8
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Every season I talk about the home run record of 48 which is the most I have ever seen in the 19 seasons of play. Last year we had someone hit 40 but most times no one comes close. This season after 3 games we have 4 players with 3 already. Is this the year? I know it is very very early but usually it takes a half a month for 1 player to hit 3. Maybe we have a league that the pitchers give up more homers? Anyhow ,One thing is for sure. We will find out.😁
Old 04-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #9
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Yeah it is tough to hit the HR against these pitchers in Perfect. My Babe has hit 40 or more 4 times and 39 twice but 47 is his top so far.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #10
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Yeah it is tough to hit the HR against these pitchers in Perfect. My Babe has hit 40 or more 4 times and 39 twice but 47 is his top so far.
Wow he had some great seasons. My Ruths best was 35.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:34 PM   #11
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Well apparently I'm in this league with my free team, the Sanford Suns, we finally made perfect and I expect to get rocked. Somehow we won 9 of our first 10, but we've followed that by losing 7 of the next 10. Should be quite an adventure. I've been saving up for a perfect Trout and now of course prices are thru the roof again b/c of scarcity. Ah well...
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #12
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Made Diamond WS and so I get promoted to get annihilated and we didn't even win the thing, blew a 3-1 lead
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:30 AM   #13
joehart
All Star Starter

A new week is upon us in P412.

As the first month draws to an end, we can take a quick look at our divisions.

AC West:
Currently in first place, the Bludhaven Robins are holding on to a narrow 1/2 game lead.
I see a few more familiar teams that made the playoffs (Meltdown, ASMS Dragons) or were in the run until the very end (McLean Scots).
This is a tough division. At this point, I will put my money on the Meltdown with the Dragons taking a wild card spot.

AC Central:
Home to the Seattle Base Thieves (1st place) and Central Falcons (last place). Both teams are familiar with each other and competed against each other in the playoffs last season.
Also in the league are the Florida Phonix (also tied for 1st place) with their max offense ballpark and the Napoleon Dynamites (3rd place)
with their low scoring ballpark.
I bet this division will send two teams to the playoffs.

AC East:
A few more familiar teams. We have the Alchemists (1st place) and Titans (2nd place) with us this season.
Good luck to both of you. The remaining three teams are just 2-4 games behind.

AC Wild card:
At this point, 13 teams are within 3 games of a wild card spot.
It will be interesting to see how this race plays out as the season goes on.

NC West:
Here we have the 3-time (Rocky Point Zorros) and 4-time (Barely Legal Jesus) Perfect league champions.
This looks like the toughest division in the league.
I feel bad for the other three teams that ended up in this division.
Good luck to the Suns, Snowbirds, and Heat.

NC Central:
Two teams (Cincinnati Redlegs and Sanford Suns) are leading the division by 4 games.
I put my money on the Redlegs and their 14 perfect cards.
It will be interesting to see if the Suns and their extreme low scoring ballpark can keep the Redlegs in check and keep up as the season goes on.

NC East:
A few more familiar teams from last season:
San Diego Chargers, Oakland Keys, and Toronto Developers.

The Oakland keys managed to take down the Zorros teams in the conference finals before losing to the Base Thieves in the finals.
I have a feeling we will see them again in the playoffs this season.

NC Wild card:
The Wild card race has already been reduced to 5 teams (within 2-3 games of each other).
Very odd to see this separation of teams so early in the season.

Good luck to everyone...
Attached Images
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:39 AM   #14
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I have made 3 goals this season. 1. Make the Playoffs for the 20th straight season. 2. Win my Division. 3. Win 2000 lifetime wins. Currently I have 1928. (I always want to win a Championship so that is a goal every season.)
Great goals....

The league looks similar to last year....we could actually end up with a similar playoff scenario and try to meet in the finals.
I have a feeling you will meet up with the Oakland team again in the playoffs but hopefully with different results.

My goal is to not end up in the wild card competition but rather win my division this time and get the much needed home field advantage.

I got lucky so far. I had a really slow start but no team in the American league separated itself from the rest.

The National league has three teams with a .700+ record.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:50 AM   #15
joehart
All Star Starter

On a separate note, I finally made it to Diamond league in PT20 and ran into the first team with some elite pitching:

Waite Hoyt
109 Stuff, 88 Movement, 88 Control

Rube Marquard:
104 Stuff, 82 Movement, 87 Control

Curt Schilling:
110 Stuff, 85 Movement, 90 Control

Despite having some great hitters including 97Edgar Martinez, 97Hank Greenberg, 100 Honus Wagner, 92 Rose, 97 Seymour, and 99 Willie Mays, I could not
score a single run in the series.
This will be an interesting season to follow and makes me wonder if my initial fear was correct that owning all these top pitchers in PT20 will let you cruise control to lots of wins and championships.

Last edited by joehart; 04-16-2019 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #16
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I think besides all the banter in here this week I will miss Joe's summaries the most!

My Blues are in P406 this week and while generally I bet it isn't as good a league as this one, holy smokes there's a division of death. Check out the AC Central here...

Top three teams between them have ELEVEN Perfect League World Series titles! They're all pretty jacked up whales so should be interesting. I started the year getting swept by the Ghost Riders and they're starting third best in their division. Yikes.

Keep us posted on P412 and good luck fellas!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
A new week is upon us in P412.

As the first month draws to an end, we can take a quick look at our divisions.

AC West:
Currently in first place, the Bludhaven Robins are holding on to a narrow 1/2 game lead.
I see a few more familiar teams that made the playoffs (Meltdown, ASMS Dragons) or were in the run until the very end (McLean Scots).
This is a tough division. At this point, I will put my money on the Meltdown with the Dragons taking a wild card spot.

AC Central:
Home to the Seattle Base Thieves (1st place) and Central Falcons (last place). Both teams are familiar with each other and competed against each other in the playoffs last season.
Also in the league are the Florida Phonix (also tied for 1st place) with their max offense ballpark and the Napoleon Dynamites (3rd place)
with their low scoring ballpark.
I bet this division will send two teams to the playoffs.

AC East:
A few more familiar teams. We have the Alchemists (1st place) and Titans (2nd place) with us this season.
Good luck to both of you. The remaining three teams are just 2-4 games behind.

AC Wild card:
At this point, 13 teams are within 3 games of a wild card spot.
It will be interesting to see how this race plays out as the season goes on.

NC West:
Here we have the 3-time (Rocky Point Zorros) and 4-time (Barely Legal Jesus) Perfect league champions.
This looks like the toughest division in the league.
I feel bad for the other three teams that ended up in this division.
Good luck to the Suns, Snowbirds, and Heat.

NC Central:
Two teams (Cincinnati Redlegs and Sanford Suns) are leading the division by 4 games.
I put my money on the Redlegs and their 14 perfect cards.
It will be interesting to see if the Suns and their extreme low scoring ballpark can keep the Redlegs in check and keep up as the season goes on.

NC East:
A few more familiar teams from last season:
San Diego Chargers, Oakland Keys, and Toronto Developers.

The Oakland keys managed to take down the Zorros teams in the conference finals before losing to the Base Thieves in the finals.
I have a feeling we will see them again in the playoffs this season.

NC Wild card:
The Wild card race has already been reduced to 5 teams (within 2-3 games of each other).
Very odd to see this separation of teams so early in the season.

Good luck to everyone...
wonderful my friend. I love these summaries. Great stuff.😁
Old 04-16-2019, 08:42 AM   #18
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I think besides all the banter in here this week I will miss Joe's summaries the most!

My Blues are in P406 this week and while generally I bet it isn't as good a league as this one, holy smokes there's a division of death. Check out the AC Central here...

Top three teams between them have ELEVEN Perfect League World Series titles! They're all pretty jacked up whales so should be interesting. I started the year getting swept by the Ghost Riders and they're starting third best in their division. Yikes.

Keep us posted on P412 and good luck fellas!
I miss you in our league. Hopefully we get together again my friend....
Old 04-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #19
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Dunzie;4474957]I think besides all the banter in here this week I will miss Joe's summaries the most!

![/Q UOTE]

I agree. They always make my day....
Old 04-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #20
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Interesting fact.(Bad for me) I am 1-5 against Barely Legal and 18-2 against the rest of the league. I do not like the fact Barely Legal seems to own me. 😨