Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #541
mbw
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
There should be a night view. I’ll look into that one. I was working on updating that park soon anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I noticed that when you switch to "Night" view the only thing that gets dark is the crowd. Also, some stadiums that I have downloaded into the ballparks/models folder do not show up in the list in the game when I scroll through the names of available parks. Not sure why this is. So far this has happened for Borchert, Rickwood and War Memorial. Not sure if there are any others that don't show up. I know that Cisco and Silver Cross do appear on the list.

Thank you again!
mbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #542
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw View Post
Hi,

First of all, GREAT work on the stadiums. You make the game even more enjoyable. I have a question that may have already been asked. Is there a night view for the stadiums you made? I am using the Cisco Field model and notice that the view remains the same whether the game is a day or night game. I notice also that the existing 3D files that came with the game use a .POD extension whereas yours use a .OBJ. Could that be the reason there is no night view?

Thanks for your help!
I just looked at Cisco and it has a day and night view. I suspect you don't have it loaded correctly in the Models folder.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #543
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I get nervous whenever this thread resurrects. Mods provoke a paranoia that I've overlooked a meaningful visual update or my files are outdated.

Is there an easy way to compare current availability with existing files? Last I looked, there were version #'s in the filename, I think. And silvam, were you only renaming stadiums in your fictionals or were you altering their filenames, too?
Old 02-24-2019, 03:21 PM   #544
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I get nervous whenever this thread resurrects. Mods provoke a paranoia that I've overlooked a meaningful visual update or my files are outdated.

Is there an easy way to compare current availability with existing files? Last I looked, there were version #'s in the filename, I think. And silvam, were you only renaming stadiums in your fictionals or were you altering their filenames, too?
We stopped changing version numbers some time ago. The ones in the download folder(s) are all v1_4 and are the latest ones. You can tell by the dates which are newer ones that Silvam is updating.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #545
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I take great pains to keep my list of stadiums updated with the last update date and then each stadium had a post where I try to describe the updates as I make them. That’s about the best I can do

Old 02-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #546
mbw
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I just looked at Cisco and it has a day and night view. I suspect you don't have it loaded correctly in the Models folder.
You may be correct but, if I didn't properly install it in the models folder, why does it show up at all in the game? I followed the instructions given and extracted everything in that folder. It also doesn't explain why some of the other stadiums I downloaded in the exact same manner such as Silver Cross display correctly while some of your other stadiums, such as Borchert, Rickwood and War memorial that don't show up at all on the list of available stadiums in the game. I must be doing something wrong but how to pinpoint what exactly that is?
Old 02-25-2019, 01:44 AM   #547
mbw
Bat Boy

Silvam14 and Adion, I watched the video you posted on how to install stadiums and it's all good now. Thanks so much for your great work to make the game even better than it is.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #548
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
The thread you advised me to create has been created, Silvam. Please feel free to check it out at your leisure and desire, if and when you like. Or any other related thread or threads, for that matter. Thank you. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #549
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
The thread you advised me to create has been created, Silvam. Please feel free to check it out at your leisure and desire, if and when you like. Or any other related thread or threads, for that matter. Thank you. CD out.

CD, I’m afraid I can’t commit any time to your project. I have a laundry list of things I want to do on my own with the limited time I have to do it. It’s possible that some others who have been cranking them out could help but head requests take much more of a time investment than logos and uniforms.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #550
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Fair enough. Just wanted you to be aware of it, and/or related threads, at least. That's all. Thank you. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #551
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can download winrar. That’s what I use
You might not want to. They recently patched a security hole in the software that had existed for nineteen years, and then only because they were outed.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/21/1...on-5-70-beta-1

Personally, I recommend 7-Zip. 100% free (not nagware like WinRAR) and can open basically any compressed file format you can throw at it.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #552
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Ok,

So I've decided to give the deadball era parks a shot with a few notes on them:

1 - not much visual information for a lot of these. I think in the interest of time, I will use a park that looks fairly generic for the time period and just change the dimensions, wall, etc.

2 - I am using dimensions, wall heights from the game itself for these stadiums (as well as park factors) basically, I started a 1901 historical game and I am simply adding the 3D model and 2D images to the parks that import automatically

3 - I am not spending much time on details such as wall advertisements for these parks. I'm really aiming to just spit out the 3D models and hope someone else takes it upon themselves to add the details. (Perhaps if there are specific ads or signs that belong in a park and someone can find a png file of it, post it here and I may add it later on.

Hope everyone finds these useful
Old 03-01-2019, 10:17 AM   #553
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

American League Park I - 1901-1903

I will use this as a base for most deadball parks.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by silvam14; 03-01-2019 at 10:18 AM.
silvam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #554
leiterfluid1227
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
American League Park I - 1901-1903

I will use this as a base for most deadball parks.

Is there any chance you could post the base model for use?
leiterfluid1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #555
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiterfluid1227 View Post
Is there any chance you could post the base model for use?
just updated my first post with it
Old 03-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #556
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ok,

So I've decided to give the deadball era parks a shot with a few notes on them:

1 - not much visual information for a lot of these. I think in the interest of time, I will use a park that looks fairly generic for the time period and just change the dimensions, wall, etc.

2 - I am using dimensions, wall heights from the game itself for these stadiums (as well as park factors) basically, I started a 1901 historical game and I am simply adding the 3D model and 2D images to the parks that import automatically

3 - I am not spending much time on details such as wall advertisements for these parks. I'm really aiming to just spit out the 3D models and hope someone else takes it upon themselves to add the details. (Perhaps if there are specific ads or signs that belong in a park and someone can find a png file of it, post it here and I may add it later on.

Hope everyone finds these useful
I can ad some signage when you finish them. A city or state location would be helpful for each, if possible.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #557
leiterfluid1227
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
just updated my first post with it

Thanks!
leiterfluid1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #558
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

1901 - 1911 Bennett Park
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #559
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
1901 - 1911 Bennett Park
Is this one of the dead ball parks or a fictional. If is is dead ball are you going to set up a new folder?
Old 03-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #560
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Is this one of the dead ball parks or a fictional. If is is dead ball are you going to set up a new folder?
deadball, nope. its all historical, so I'm just adding it to that