Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 12-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #21
pens66
Major Leagues

What are the chances that the best player in the world comes from a tiny island between Finland and Sweden? And on top I only learned about its political status via the game...

EDIT: Okay, I dug a little deeper. Seems the game created about 30 to 40 players from Aland in my fictional Canadian league!! That's about as many as there are from Finland or the Czech Republic and just a couple fewer than from Russia. Something needs a little fine tuning, I guess.
Attached Images

Last edited by pens66; 12-07-2015 at 11:47 AM.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #22
mikersanderson
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
What are the chances that the best player in the world comes from a tiny island between Finland and Sweden? And on top I only learned about its political status via the game...

EDIT: Okay, I dug a little deeper. Seems the game created about 30 to 40 players from Aland in my fictional Canadian league!! That's about as many as there are from Finland or the Czech Republic and just a couple fewer than from Russia. Something needs a little fine tuning, I guess.
I've had the same issue! I think it's a bug with the way the region setup is built.
mikersanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #23
Icetiger29
Bat Boy

Seth Jones

Not quite funny, but this guy is playing his second year in VHL (I guess 2nd Russian Division). Name:  Ashampoo_Snap_2015.12.17_21h15m47s_001_.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  319.5 KB
Icetiger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #24
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

yea ok......
Attached Images
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:42 PM   #25
monochameleon
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikersanderson View Post
I've had the same issue! I think it's a bug with the way the region setup is built.
It happens in my game too. It's because the regions are listed with dominant hockey regions first, then nations by alphabetical order, and it generates players predominantly from the major hockey regions. But the "break" between them is one spot too low, and so "Aaland" is one of the world's hockey powerhouses in FHM.

I know it made me do a doubletake, trying to work out what this flag was and why half the players in my junior league seemed to come from there.
monochameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:59 PM   #26
Evok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sudbury got a little funny today in my fantasy league when they traded 10 players in a row for 3rd rounds pick ... that's like half the league in picks !!
Evok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:42 AM   #27
Spirits
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetiger29 View Post
Not quite funny, but this guy is playing his second year in VHL (I guess 2nd Russian Division).
It gets worse.
From the NHL straight to the Czech Third Division. And he's not the only one either.

>> CZECH TIPSPORT EXTRALIGA MEGATHREAD

Last edited by Spirits; 01-02-2016 at 12:45 AM.
Spirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #28
pens66
Major Leagues

Typical Mario: Scored his 100th goal of the season with a natural hat trick!
Attached Images
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote