Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #1241
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

When importing a league from ootp15, it imports the GM/manager as GM ONLY even if they were GM and Manager in the 15 file, this means that in an online league you have to manually go into each team and set them back to GM and Manager...when it's s solo game this isn't any big deal BUT when it's an online league it's a royal pain in the butt

Note: This seems to be exclusive to online leagues from others reports (I haven't actually imported any solo leagues )
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 05-29-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #1242
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Here's one that I think is a bug. Not a deal breaker, by any means, but don't think it should be happening, regardless.

When you delete a shortlist, the players on that shortlist remain "shortlisted". IMHO they should be automatically removed from the shortlist when it is deleted.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:01 AM   #1243
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

On Mac, when you attempt to do a Function + Delete key (to effectively do a forward-looking backspace — sorry for the lack of the actual terminology), it instead adds an open parenthesis "(" character.

This is a frequent key combination for deleting text, so I'm hoping this can be fixed as well.
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:04 AM   #1244
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

Since ArcAngel mentioned shortlists, I'd also like to add the fact that you can't currently select which shortlist to remove a player from if you have that player on multiple shortlists. This feels like a bug, if not simply a big oversight. It's caused me quite a few problems previously as well.

There should be a way to select which shortlist to remove the player from, especially while right clicking or selecting the action dropdown.
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #1245
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi,

I'm running into an issue in that it is hard for me to read the in-game text on high DPI settings. My Lenovo laptop has a default screen resolution of 3200x1800. At this resolution, the font for the game is very small to the point of straining my eyes to read the text.

If I go to my desktop and right-click the OOTP16 icon > Properties > Compatibility > un-check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", the game will occasionally load using a lower screen resolution that makes the font large enough to be read comfortably. However, there are times where the screen will flicker when I click to load the game and the game will appear "minimized" on my desktop toolbar. Clicking on the icon does not open the game. Furthermore, if I manually minimize the main screen, the same issue occurs, where I am unable to reopen the "minimized" window.

While I realize that part of this issue is likely just due to the resolution of my computer, is there any way to make the UI more compatible on high DPI settings?

Thank you.

Edit: I am realizing after troubleshooting that the main cause of the issue is simply Windows and the high screen resolution. Really, the only surefire way for me to deal with this, without fear of not being able to reopen the game when the window is minimized, is to simply play the game under full resolution of 3200x1800. It is not the ideal solution, but I hope that in the future, the UI will be more compatible with Windows 8.1 and high res screens.

Last edited by flyers139; 06-01-2015 at 12:01 AM.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:11 PM   #1246
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The Out of Town Scores widget is showing the inning from YOUR game in the top right corner instead of the current inning of the game in the Out of Town box.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #1247
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Story Line issue: My backup catcher had an argument with my manager. That made me think about him, so I traded him for a relief pitcher. Since then, the Story Line has had him get into fisticuffs two more times with other of my players, despite the fact that he was traded away to a team on the other coast. Story Lines to check to see that the conditions still apply.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #1248
sreem
All Star Reserve

I'm just started a new MLB quickstart. Set up to adjust overall rating to NOT be higher than potential, but I am seeing multiple players with Actual overall higher than potential overall. Even after running a force re-scout
Old 06-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #1249
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Team eliminated from playoff contention message is confusing.

Cubs Buried - Out of Playoffs
No one could blame you for being a Chicago Cubs fan that has already checked out on this season. But now even the most diehard fans will likely start turning their focus to next year - the team today has been officially eliminated from playoff contention.

The Cubs are still searching for their first playoff appearance. They haven't made the playoffs in all 94 years of their history. Chicago has won the World Series 2 times in their history.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #1250
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

A SP was named MVP of the series (rightly so), but shows his batting stats instead.
Attached Images
Old 06-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #1251
Goreds1994
Bat Boy

I can never respond to an option year, when I go to accept it (or decline it), it says message has expired each time. Using MLB quickstart.
Goreds1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:39 AM   #1252
beorn
All Star Starter

After a double-header, it appears that both links on the calendar go to the same box score, making one of the box scores inaccessible.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #1253
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Rainout glitch

When games are halted by rain, the score is supposed to revert back to the previous full inning but does not. Had a game called in bottom of the 11th inning with the home team at-bat where the visiting team had taken the lead in the the top of the inning. Game should have been suspended and finished later.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #1254
TreeRol
Bat Boy

I have my Assistant GM set to do Minor League Promotions & Demotions, but I do Minor League Free Agent Signings & Releases.

At the end of Spring Training, when I made my final roster cuts, I sent 10 players down to AAA with the expectation that my AGM would take care of placing the players. I figured I'd get a message that rosters were too full (each minor league level has a roster limit), but instead my AGM released 10 players. This shouldn't happen.

Edit: Of course, I can just remove the roster limit on the lowest league. Unfortunately, then my AGM keeps more players on that roster than on the other Rookie League roster.

Last edited by TreeRol; 06-03-2015 at 11:36 AM.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #1255
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeRol View Post
I have my Assistant GM set to do Minor League Promotions & Demotions, but I do Minor League Free Agent Signings & Releases.

At the end of Spring Training, when I made my final roster cuts, I sent 10 players down to AAA with the expectation that my AGM would take care of placing the players. I figured I'd get a message that rosters were too full (each minor league level has a roster limit), but instead my AGM released 10 players. This shouldn't happen.
Because your AGM is set to do signings and releases, you don't get that message. Not a bug.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #1256
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
When games are halted by rain, the score is supposed to revert back to the previous full inning but does not. Had a game called in bottom of the 11th inning with the home team at-bat where the visiting team had taken the lead in the the top of the inning. Game should have been suspended and finished later.
It's only supposed to revert back to the last inning in very specific circumstances, the rule was only re-added to the book in 2013 and it doesn't cover as many situations as it used to.

However, the lack of suspending the game is indeed a bug.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #1257
surly manservant
Minors (Single A)

Game regularly hangs at 30% Loading Nation Flags, locking me out of existing games. Have sent a support ticket, no reply after several days, feels like it's we've already got your S$60 now F*** O**. Great game when it works but it doesn't work often and support is no good at all.
surly manservant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #1258
Okay
Minors (Single A)

Batter credited for (game winning) rbi on E3

Puckett was given an RBI when he got on base on an E3 in the last inning.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Okay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #1259
OOTP United Kingdom
Bat Boy

When watching the game in 3D view the text will say something such as a home run or extra base hit but the images will just be a strike...

For infield hits and ground outs the picture is working just fine.
OOTP United Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #1260
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTP United Kingdom View Post
When watching the game in 3D view the text will say something such as a home run or extra base hit but the images will just be a strike..
Already been reported and devs are aware of the issue.