Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #1121
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

News items are sometimes published in this format...

20150415 <a href="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-16-technical-support/teams/team_58.html">Texas Rangers</a>: <Rougned Odor: player#36627> sets the AL regular season game record for doubles with 3.

This causes the HTML report to crash with an error message (unknown tag type). The correct format is...

<a href="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-16-technical-support/players/player_36627.html">Rougned Odor</a>

Note: the path is obviously not correct in the example, but I can't post the HTML tag without the forum inserting this path.

Last edited by Orcin; 05-03-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #1122
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

This does not seem to be known about / have a solution.

Notes:
OOTP 16.4.17
(settings in attached thread)

Please see this thread:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...en-before.html
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #1123
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Leagues that have international complex disabled are somehow signing players from the MLB's IFA.

Since the complex is disabled in the league, the new signing are left in limbo.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #1124
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

The Bug Report Thread

Bug still here from last year.

When a player that was ranked as a top 100 prospect from another league (Indy league in my case) is purchased, he is put on the top 100 prospects list for his new league bumping better prospects off despite having inferior ratings.

I use annual list so it shouldn't even been updated.

Example...

Brown and Sherman are recently purchased players from the Indy Leagues and Frost was the #1 prospect for the Padres.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 05-03-2015 at 05:15 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #1125
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

This issue occurred in OOTP 14 and OOTP 15 - is it still an issue with OOTP 16?
"Noticed with signing free agent players (traditional free agency, not international signings) to minor league deals with a signing bonus, my available team cash doesn't drop the corresponding bonus amount when the player signs. My team has ~$180M in cash available, and I sign a player to a $13M bonus, my available cash should drop $13M, but doesn't."
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #1126
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Unknown City of Birth Bug

I have some information on the Unknown City of Birth Bug. Go the red font at the bottom for the tl;dr version.

After reading up on some of the other people that have seen this issue it appears that it is related to using regions for your leagues. I have the World Baseball Association set up with regions and also my current solo game. I noticed this issue pop up in both universes and also something very interesting that may related to the cause.

In my solo game the regions are all custom regions of the United States. The team that I selected to control was therefore obviously in the United States. The game is set up with 8 leagues, one for each of the custom regions. Now here's the thing. 7 of the 8 leagues created just fine with players only from that region or else foreign, just as my settings indicated. However, the league my team was in did not create properly but instead contained American players from all over the United States. It appears that OOTP assigned players randomly from the home nation of the user controlled team for only the league in which the user controlled team resided. This will be important later.

Now in the online league I run there are two regions. One is the stock AMERICAS: Western Hemisphere region and the other is an INTERCONTINENTAL: Non-Americas region that I created with the rest of the nations in the game. I chose to control Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) and then created the game. The Intercontinental League created properly with cities of birth for all players while the Americas League did not. The Americas League players were properly created in terms of nation distribution but they did not have cities of birth. But this is the key thing: in reviewing a rosters export the players with unknown cities of birth actually have an ID for the city but no name, BUT THE CITY ID FOR EACH PLAYER IS FOR A CITY IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. And accordingly, the only players in the Americas League that have cities of birth are those that were born in the Dominican Republic.

So the best I could tell was that for some reason the game was looking at the country that the user controlled team is in when it creates the game. Players for the league that the user is in are distributed properly by nation, however when it assigns city IDs it is improperly choosing city IDs from the user team's nation only. So I ran a few tests with a two regions setup.

Fictional Leagues with International Regions, Start Unemployed:

The game chose one country seemingly at random for each league (Americas and Intercontinental). In each league the players were distributed properly by nation but were all given city IDs from one nation in the league. I guess it was at random.

Fictional Leagues with Regions, Start Employed:

The game again chose one country for each region. And it wasn't my team's country. I was wrong. Players were still distributed properly by nation but the cities were all from one nation in each league (that had a team).

Fictional Leagues with USA Regions, Start Unemployed:

All American players were properly assigned and were from the proper region. Foreign players were assigned American city IDs so showed as unknown cities of birth.

Fictional Leagues with USA Regions, Start Employed:

All American players were properly assigned and were from the proper region. Foreign players were assigned American city IDs so showed as unknown cities of birth. I have no idea why the one league got messed up in my solo game.

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE BUG

OOTP is properly assigning nations/states of birth based on the region you select for your league. However when it selects the city ID of birth for each player it is choosing only cities from one of the nations in your league. So ultimately there are players that have a city ID of birth that is not found in the world_default.xml file as part of the nation ID of birth; essentially the players' city ID and nation ID do not match. The game is displaying Unknown for those cities of birth.

WORKAROUND SOLUTIONS:

For an international game based on regions I think the best option is to set up your league by manually entering your player origin percentages but NOT SELECTING A REGION FOR THE LEAGUE. The game will properly utilize the origin settings that you enter but if you enter a region then the players will be assigned city IDs of birth all from one nation in the league. Players that aren't of that nationality will show Unknown for the city of birth.

For a domestic league with regions you are mostly going to be okay. Only your foreign players will have the unknown city of birth issue. As of now there isn't really a workaround for that issue that I can think of. Perhaps, unfortunately, a very low foreigner percentage and then manual city of birth correction. If you unassign the regions then the players will come from all over the nation instead of just the region. So if you want to have a league based on a domestic region then foreign players will not show a city of birth.

If you have set up a game where there will be both international teams and then regions within some of the nations you're basically out of luck.

POSSIBLE FIX?

Obviously I don't know how the game is coded but it seems like for some reason the flow is not going like this, as I would think it should, when dealing with regions and creating a player:

Is the player being created for a league that has a region (in our case yes so)
Roll the dice based on league setup to see if he's a foreign player
If foreign, assign nation. THEN ASSIGN CITY BASED ON THAT NATION.
If not foreign, assign NATION or STATE based on type of REGION.
THEN ASSIGN CITY BASED ON THAT NATION or STATE.

Is there a reason that isn't the logical progression in creating a player?

Last edited by Huckleberry; 05-05-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #1127
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Why doesn't computer have to 'warm up' relievers?

Playing against the computer, the opposing team used a different reliever for four consecutive batters. None of them gave up a run. If a human manager tries this, at least the last two will be cold and almost certainly get rocked.

Also would like to see who the computer manager has "warming up" in order to think ahead for matchups.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #1128
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
Playing against the computer, the opposing team used a different reliever for four consecutive batters. None of them gave up a run. If a human manager tries this, at least the last two will be cold and almost certainly get rocked.

Also would like to see who the computer manager has "warming up" in order to think ahead for matchups.
It never has and I don't think it ever will. That is why most long time users will tell you to turn warm ups off.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:24 PM   #1129
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Double-Header bug

Teams are scheduled to play a double header on Monday, June 29th when both teams have an off day on the day preceding the start of the series (June 26th)

Screen Shots of both team's schedules attached

NOTE*
#1: This was scheduled like this as of May 1 (i.e., May 26 was not a rain-out)
#2: Matt Arnold stated this was intended and based it on incorrect information as noted by Le Grande Orange here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...934-post8.html
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by MKG1734; 05-06-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #1130
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

I think this issue still exists: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...repancies.html

I'm not using stars and am instead using 20-80 scale. With relative ratings on, overall/potential ratings for OSA and my scout are the exact same for every single player, even though the individual ratings differ.
HoustonGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #1131
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
OK, I'm done and here we ago. See below. Every uniform is vintage early-1900's, as I want them, and every file is dated correctly. Now let's see what the heck happens in this folder the next time the game decides to reset these uniforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Well, I have my answers and I don't like them. The problem continues unabated.

I went to the St. Louis Cardinals uniform screen and the home uniform had reset (first screen print). I visited a player (George) that I had seen before, and his uniform was still vintage (second screen print). I chose another player that I had not seen before (Champlin) and saw that his uniform had reset to the default version (third screen print).

Next, I said to myself, what if I had not gone to the uniform editing screen? Did I cause the resetting by my doing that? The answer is no, after I visited a new player on the Pittsburgh Pirates and saw a default uniform.

Here's the kicker. I don't know how this is possible, but the reset jersey images STILL HAVE THE SAME TIME STAMP AS YESTERDAY but have been definitely altered back to default. Compare this (fourth and fifth screen prints) to what I posted yesterday. How does the image change without updating the time stamp?

Well, I'm not going to be one of those whiners who drop the game over a minor flaw. However, I will be suspending my ficitional-historical league until this gets fixed. Hopefully somebody will PM me at that time to let me know. Until then, I will go with a fictional-modern league that uses the uniforms straight out of the box.
For the record:

It turns out that my problem was being caused by my naming my minor league teams the same as the parent clubs. So, for example, all of the Cleveland Indians teams were named "Cleveland Indians (AAA)," "Cleveland Indians (AA)," and so on.

Apparently this was confusing the game when I would visit a minor league player and it checked on the uniform (I'm speculating on this). Finding none, it would create a default uniform which would then be applied to the parent club because the team name was the same.

The solution was to simply rename the minor league teams so that they all had unique names.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #1132
hockey72
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Error in owner goals

I just ended a season and there was a error in one of the areas for owner goals.

Upgrade a position:
#ERROR: TEXT_CATEGORY::get_text() didn't find a text object for category 789.

I know I improved the position. My right fielder improved. Duran was replaced by Terry.
hockey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #1133
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

AI in-game defensive alignment bug (continues from previous versions and previous releases):

Quote:
I have a long-running dynasty running (currently in year 2032 after starting in 2014). I will only watch a game played (as GM) when I consider it an important game (usually an elimination-type game).

Recently, in a game #7 scenario I watched my team's manager make a move which was questionable at best....but seemed like the AI should easily NOT make this decision.

The game went into extra innings, and after several substitutions, my backup infielders were in the game. I have a backup utility INF who is good at every infield position - but best at 2B [by a slim margin], and a backup second baseman who is ONLY able to play 2B.

Sadly, my AI manager put my Utility INF at this best position of 2B (even though he was nearly equally as good at SS and 3B) but left my backup 2B [who, again, can ONLY play 2B] at a totally unfamiliar position of SS. This led to disaster as a ground ball hit to the SS ended the game on a 2 out error. This is game #7 of the World Series. Not a spring training game.

Why would the AI do this? Is there a measure to help this not happen that I am not aware of?

Lets say the AI attempted to put the best offense on the field, which I assume is coded into the game from what is said.

Regardless, even in this situation - with the best offense on the field - the in-game AI should still then be checked to maximize the defense of those players on the field. The game is clearly not doing this (at least not well). The proof is in the common instance like the one I described: The game did not check to see that the backup utility INF was a 92 rated 2B and and 90 rated SS ... vs. ... the backup 2B who was a 84 rated 2B and a 0 rated SS and then proceeded to put the backup utility INF at 2B and the backup 2B at SS.
From T-bone shuffle:
Quote:
This is a long standing issue. I've complained about this very thing as far back 13, and again in 14, see: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...758-post1.html . The stock explanation/response is that the AI will look to optimize offense first/always ...

The AI's failure to be able to shuffle players to their optimal defensive position in-game is the unavoidable, inexcusable issue here ...

I've been around here a long time and two things come to mind. One is that my mind tells me that the in-game AI handled this properly in the old version (6.0, 6.5 and maybe before), though I wouldn't stake my life on it.

The other is that experience tells me that I don't like the chances of seeing this ever work as it should. I went to the trouble of reporting the failure to properly "re-shuffle" defensively in both 13 and 14 as a bug, and you can see what that has accomplished.

I'll only hope that if the issue continues, and users continue to notice it and complain, maybe the developer(s) will eventually make it right.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:39 PM   #1134
UKSubs
Minors (Triple A)

Is there an issue where a league recalculates all of the ratings in a league for the players even if recalculation is not set?

I recently started an online historical league, with no recalculation, using the below settings for the historical players:

So, when we rolled over to February 1962 during our first offseason, we were all very surprised to see everyone's ratings dramatically change. I've picked Don Clendenon, who went from 3s to 7s in the span of a day, which doesn't generally happen with regular ratings, but definitely could with re-calculation activated.

RANZBA Adelaide Crows
UKSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #1135
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

When setting up a league with no playoffs sub-league winners don't show up in the league history.

ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #1136
zasman213
Minors (Single A)

So I'll set my promotion/demotion controls to be run by me.

Pretty much everything is run by me, the only two exceptions being minor league free agent signings and minor league depth charts/rotations/lineup.

Yet, I'll constantly see guys being promoted to levels I haven't promoted them to.

Does anyone know why this is? I find it super annoying.

Additionally, another weird thing will happen. Every so often, I'll get a notification that I have illegal rosters. I'll go to my roster page and all the sudden, ALL of my minor league teams will have nobody on it.
So then I'll have to go to my settings and switch the minor league depth chart option to minor league managers. Then I simulate a day and everyone goes back to their team, though again, it will promote players that I didn't promote.
zasman213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #1137
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra7c7er View Post
When setting up a league with no playoffs sub-league winners don't show up in the league history.
EDIT: Never mind. Apparently OOTP regenerates the file each time you open the page, erasing any manual changes. I would delete this post, but I don't see an option to do so.

The page that is displayed by the game is an HTML file. Here is the path for my game, on my Macbook:

Macintosh HD ▸ Users ▸ dunningrb ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Out of the Park Developments ▸ OOTP Baseball 16 ▸ saved_games ▸ MLB Color Corrected.lg ▸ news ▸ html ▸ history

The path will be similar on a Windows machine. You can navigate to the directory and then open this file: league_100_index.html and manually add the pennant winners for each season.

Here's is some example code:

<tr>
<td class="dc"><a href="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/history/sl_stats_100_0_1871.html">AL</a></td>
<td class="dc">.292</td>
<td class="dc">3.83</td>
<td class="dc">Philadelphia Athletics<a class="a1" href="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/history/team_0_index.html"> </a></td>
<td class="dc">1871</td>
<td class="dc">Boston Red Stockings<a class="a1" href="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/history/team_0_index.html"> </a></td>
<td class="dc">3.09</td>
<td class="dc">.280</td>
<td class="dc"><a href="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/history/sl_stats_100_1_1871.html">NL</a></td>
</tr>

In this example, I've added "Philadelphia Athletics" and "Boston Red Stockings" manually. The links to "team_0_index.html" do not go anywhere. To get the links to the team pages, find the links associated with the team abbreviations near the top of the file.

After you edit the file and save it, you can reopen it in OOTP 16, and the league winners will be there.

Last edited by dunningrb; 05-08-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Information I provided is not correct.
dunningrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #1138
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Lefty removed at beginning of inning for a righty to face a righty. Gives up a hit and is then removed for a lefty to face the lefty up. He faces a lefty and a switch hitter and then is removed for a righty to face the next lefty. He gets him out and then is replaced by a lefty to face the switch hitter coming up. WTF is up with all of the pitching changes? Gecchini posted to show he doesn't have unusual splits that would make it logical to bring a righty in to face him.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #1139
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

^^^^ This is an issue introduced in v16, I believe. I don't recall it being a problem before.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #1140
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I was watching a World Series game and I noticed that on the lineup screen in the broadcast view, it wasn't updating the batting average properly after a batter reached on an error.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote