Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #1021
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

PbP error:

Example: The the Beaneaters have their first base hit.

(Double The)

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #1022
QHowes
Bat Boy

I have downloaded and installed the latest patch (16.4.17). It seems the game has become unstable and crashes constantly. It happens most often when I am trying to initiate a trade. Long time player, first time poster here so if someone could explain the best way to post a helpful bug report that would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by QHowes; 04-22-2015 at 10:50 AM.
QHowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:11 AM   #1023
etothep
Minors (Double A)

- Using the latest 16.4.17 patch
- I go to Player Trade & Initiate Trade with team controlled by the AI
- Click the Show Ratings dropdown box (below either my team's players or the AI team's players, happens for both) & select Show Ratings (OSA)
- Add a player to either side of the trade or remove a player from either side of the trade & the Show Ratings goes back to my scout's ratings of the players

Can't remember the last time I tried using OSA ratings (my current scout isn't one I'm too inclined to trust too much, so figured I'd give OSA the benefit of the doubt in this game), so maybe it's always been like this & always resetting to Show Ratings (Scout) has been default for awhile and this isn't a bug, but it seems like adding a player to a trade or removing a player from a trade shouldn't change the Show Ratings dropdown box
etothep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #1024
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

I find myself continually frustrated when injuries happen either on the last play of a half-inning or when the injured player makes an out.

The game forces you to immediately replace that player in the lineup (i.e., before he is due to bat or take the field the next half-inning). This obviously can cause you to either unnecessarily "burn" a bench player or foul up potential substitutions/double-switches later in the inning.

One possible work-around I thought of was to use a "tired" starting pitcher as a place-holder until I can get through the inning, but even that burns a guy who might have been used as a pinch-runner or even a pinch-hitter in an extra-inning game.

Anything else others have thought of to rectify this?
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:51 PM   #1025
etothep
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
Anything else others have thought of to rectify this?
Make it so the game only makes you sub someone else in for an injured player when the injured player would either be in the field or up to bat

So, if CF John Doe is in the field & hurt on the last out of the inning, the game wouldn't make you sub for him until he was either due up to hit or he had to return to the field
etothep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #1026
ctorg
Global Moderator

Something is going wrong with the usage of certain starters in my league. Here is an image of the one I noticed. It's like the game is just putting him in for one inning, if that, and then removing him. It didn't do this until the previous season, when he had 42 starts but only 40.2 IP. The league uses a modified Lahman database (I changed all the player names and some other details in the master.csv file), but the era settings are the defaults for the years in question, which should have starters completing most games.

I am uploading a zip of the dat files called ctorg_odd_pitchers.zip to the FTP site.
Attached Images

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils

Last edited by ctorg; 04-22-2015 at 02:29 PM.
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #1027
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothep View Post
Make it so the game only makes you sub someone else in for an injured player when the injured player would either be in the field or up to bat

So, if CF John Doe is in the field & hurt on the last out of the inning, the game wouldn't make you sub for him until he was either due up to hit or he had to return to the field
How is it you do that? Is there a setting change you can make? If there is I can't find it.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #1028
ThatOneJerk
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
Just simming a test league and MLB expanded in 2016, however when I reach June 20 2017 it says "Union City has illegal number of players (0)". That is a minor league team of one of the two expansion teams in MLB.

Looking at their minor league teams, they have been assigned two Rookie league teams each both in the Appalchian League but only have enough players to fill out one of those Appalchian League teams each (so 1 Appalchian League team for each expansion team is completely empty).

Only option I had to advance was to go into Commish mode and fill those 2nd Appalchian League teams with fictional players otherwise I was unable to advance the game.

EDIT: Filling with fictional players didn't work originally, had to do it twice just to advance.

I have had a similar issue. I started a regular MLB game in 2015, and a few days after the draft, I got a message saying one of the GCL teams in the farm system of the team I was controlling had an illegal number of players on the roster. It turns out the roster was completely empty. I have played two other regular MLB games controlling the same team and have not had this issue. However, the save having this issue is the first I've begun since downloading the most recent update.
ThatOneJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:55 PM   #1029
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Still some issues with personal messages/notifications as well as call-ups/demotions.

Hicks was on my team, then he was demoted for Vargas. Then Vargas was immediately demoted for Hicks.

This is in the latest version.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #1030
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Did not get a message that Yorrvit Torrealba was signed, but did get a message that Hermann was demoted. I had to go into the transaction log to find who was added to the 25-man in Herman's place.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #1031
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Last play transaction notification issue that I've experience now:

When a player is removed from the 40-man roster, I didn't get that notification either. So, Palfrey was removed from the 40-man for Aaron Thompson, but only received the message that Thompson was added.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #1032
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dropped Third Strike With Runner on 1st Stealing

This is may just be a bug in the pbp text. I have the league files, but since I've already left the game, I don't think you can revisit the pbp text. If I am wrong about that, let me know, and I'll send the files.

This is what happened:

---
Runner on first. Second base open. One out.
Runner on first tries to steal second.
Strike three called on the pitch (may have been swinging).
Catcher drops the pitch. Catcher picks it up and tags the batter. (this is the bug)
Catcher throws to second to try to get the runner.
---

The catcher did not have to tag the batter.
The dropped third strike rule (MLB 6.09(b)) stipulates that the batter becomes a runner on a dropped third strike if first base is not occupied or if there are two outs.

On this play, neither is true. Therefore the batter does not become a runner, and the catcher does not have to tag him.

It seems that OOTP may be (incorrectly) considering 1st base open if the runner on 1st attempted to steal on the pitch. The only definition I can find in the MLB rules of when a runner "occupies" a base is at the end of the comment after 7.08(b): "...A runner occupies a base until he legally acquires the next base."
Therefore the runner still occupies first base, and the batter is out as soon as strike three is called.

Research:

Official Rules | MLB.com: Official info

When is a base considered occupied?
3rd Strike Rule - timing for 1st being occupied? - Forums
skoormit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #1033
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Uniforms resetting daily.
see this thread for more info.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3858026
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:24 PM   #1034
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Unnecessary double switch in the bottom of the ninth when the closer is brought in which removes the good defensive center fielder for a poor defensive center fielder. There is no reason to double switch in the ninth if bringing in a new pitcher with the lead unless it leads to an improvement in the defense as well.
Attached Images
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:54 AM   #1035
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Getting this still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyxx View Post
Anyone else on the Steam version having an issue with the Steam overlay randomly appearing, and then crashing?

All four times it's happened it's been in the league creation wizard. It's not happening with any other Steam games, and I definitely (super-double-definitely) haven't opened it myself accidentally. In fact, when I tried (Shift+Tab) it doesn't work.

The overlay just randomly pops up - I should point out that I AM typing when it happens each time, but my fingers are nowhere near Tab (though I think I'm hitting shift when it happens, at least the last two times, to get a capital letter), and then freezes (can't click on anything or get rid of the overlay, and the clock in the top left of the overlay isn't moving).

Really frustrating, as I've tried to set up this league 4 times now. The only way to fix it is to end OOTP via task manager.

This doesn't happen in other Steam games (even Football Manager 2015) and the overlay works fine in other games when I open it myself.

Really weird... As I said, I'm definitely not hitting Shift+Tab, and even when I do that intentionally it doesn't work! No idea what's going on.

Edit: I finally got the league created by typing with one finger, using the mouse instead of tabbing, and using Caps Lock. So it would appear it is a button combination issue, but like I said, I can't make it open the overlay legitimately, so it's still kind of a bug that it sometimes opens it and crashes the game.

Edit2: It just happened again during gameplay (editing an owner, so again I was typing). I set up my keyboard to change the LED colour if I press Tab or Shift, so I can confirm 100% I was pressing shift but had not pressed tab at the time it happened. I was typing "Stein", so... one of those! But I still can't recreate it intentionally.

Edit3: Happened again, was definitely pressing Ctrl+B this time, which does nothing at all normally, so I've got no idea what's up with it.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:27 AM   #1036
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Looks like the field graphic for Busch Stadium is misaligned on my screen. It cuts off the catcher arm rating at the bottom and puts the outfielder rankings in the stands. Any way to fix this?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #1037
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
Looks like the field graphic for Busch Stadium is misaligned on my screen. It cuts off the catcher arm rating at the bottom and puts the outfielder rankings in the stands. Any way to fix this?
I think right click and drag while in-game will move the players.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #1038
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
There is no reason to double switch in the ninth if bringing in a new pitcher with the lead unless it leads to an improvement in the defense as well.
I agree, in principle.

At the very least, such a double switch should be very rare. It could be justified in some situations. If my bullpen is completely depleted, for example, and this is my last non-exhausted pitcher, I might do a double switch just in case the game goes to extras and I need more than 1 IP out of this reliever.

If the AI is making such a determination, that's one thing. But if the AI is following a double switch strategy that doesn't take into account the possibility that the current half-inning will be the last one (i.e. it's the 9th inning or later and you have the lead), that should be improved.
skoormit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #1039
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

Version 16.4.17

I non-tendered an arbitration-eligible player who had spent the entire year in AAA (by clicking "Withdraw" on the salary arbitration screen). Instead of becoming a free agent, he reverted to having a minor league contract! He is also still on my 40-man roster.
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #1040
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

Scheduling Goof

Not a technical issue, but a programming flaw. The game has taken some liberties in its rescheduling algorithm to schedule make up games. See attachment for an example of what may be possible when The Federation has perfected transporter technology, but is not yet readily available for mass distribution.
Attached Images
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote