Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Suggestions

Some suggestions I put together in no particular order:

1. On the Personnel screen when you're showing the entire organizaion, please show the coach's ratings. I know you can switch to showing just your team's personnel and then use the dropdown to page through your organization but I'd like to see the ratings at a glance.

2. On the Player Profile screen, I'd love to be able to edit what stats are shown like you can elsewhere. Personally, I don't want ERA+, I want FIP.

3. On the rosters and Transactions screen, I'd like to be able to toggle between actual and potential. I play with a potentials on 1-5 scale and no actuals and there's a whole lotta blanks shown. I could also see this being useful to those who want to give preferential moves to certain prospects.

4. Gameplay Modes - All of the settings can be overwhelming. How about a wizard for game and league settings that flips all the appropriate switches for common styles of play. Modes like: stats only low-fi (1-5 scale), stats only hi-fi (1-100 scale), Ironman (trading very hard, favor prospects, etc.), and so on. Something to simplify the scary array of settings for the newb as well as maybe a common frame of reference for the vets.

5. I don't know if this is what's planned but I think on the 3D field, you need to see the ball thrown to the base for any outs. You ought to be able to look at only the 3D representation and have a pretty good idea of how the play turned out.

6. Currently, when you submit an offer to personnel and they want more money, you don't hear back. I think this is a bug that's being worked on but in case that's WAD, I'd like to hear if my offer is no longer being considered.

7. Please make the salary column of the format "$500K" instead of "$500,000" (obviously for any salaries high enough). The latter is too long and gets truncated on most screens I use.

8. I'd love to be able to adjust the width of any of the columns on any of view but I understand that my be difficult if that's not already a part of the graphics package.

9. Please make the Waiver Wire one of the drop-down selections on the manager's home screen. I think some of us waiver poachers would like to have easy access to that info.

10. Please color code the groundball verbiage. It would make it a lot easier to decypher "GB T" versus "EX FB". I don't know if you want to use the current blue=good/red=bad color scale or not. I'm not sure there's a consensus on whether a EX GB pitcher is better than a EX FB guy.

11. I'd like to see a trading difficulty setting between Normal and Hard ("Challenging"?). Normal seems too easy to me and Hard seems too hard.

12. Please add "On shortlist" to the list of categories that you can filter on.

13. It was revealed to me that you can dig down to the compare screen and see a PECOTA-like comparitor player to the guy you're looking at. I'd like to see this brought up to one of the player profile screens (a new tab or wedged into one of the current ones).

Comments welcomed.

Last edited by Bobble; 04-29-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Some suggestions I put together in no particular order:

1. On the Personnel screen when you're showing the entire organizaion, please show the coach's ratings. I know you can switch to showing just your team's personnel and then use the dropdown to page through your organization but I'd like to see the ratings at a glance.

2. On the Player Profile screen, I'd love to be able to edit what stats are shown like you can elsewhere. Personally, I don't want ERA+, I want FIP.

3. On the rosters and Transactions screen, I'd like to be able to toggle between actual and potential. I play with a potentials on 1-5 scale and no actuals and there's a whole lotta blanks shown. I could also see this being useful to those who want to give preferential moves to certain prospects.

4. Gameplay Modes - All of the settings can be overwhelming. How about a wizard for game and league settings that flips all the appropriate switches for common styles of play. Modes like: stats only low-fi (1-5 scale), stats only hi-fi (1-100 scale), Ironman (trading very hard, favor prospects, etc.), and so on. Something to simplify the scary array of settings for the newb as well as maybe a common frame of reference for the vets.

5. I don't know if this is what's planned but I think on the 3D field, you need to see the ball thrown to the base for any outs. You ought to be able to look at only the 3D representation and have a pretty good idea of how the play turned out.

6. Currently, when you submit an offer to personnel and they want more money, you don't hear back. I think this is a bug that's being worked on but in case that's WAD, I'd like to hear if my offer is no longer being considered.

7. Please make the salary column of the format "$500K" instead of "$500,000" (obviously for any salaries high enough). The latter is too long and gets truncated on most screens I use.

8. I'd love to be able to adjust the width of any of the columns on any of view but I understand that my be difficult if that's not already a part of the graphics package.

9. Please make the Waiver Wire one of the drop-down selections on the manager's home screen. I think some of us waiver poachers would like to have easy access to that info.

10. Please color code the groundball verbiage. It would make it a lot easier to decypher "GB T" versus "EX FB". I don't know if you want to use the current blue=good/red=bad color scale or not. I'm not sure there's a consensus on whether a EX GB pitcher is better than a EX FB guy.

11. I'd like to see a trading difficulty setting between Normal and Hard ("Challenging"?). Normal seems too easy to me and Hard seems too hard.

12. Please add "On shortlist" to the list of categories that you can filter on.

13. It was revealed to me that you can dig down to the compare screen and see a PECOTA-like comparitor player to the guy you're looking at. I'd like to see this brought up to one of the player profile screens (a new tab or wedged into one of the current ones).

Comments welcomed.
I've bolded the ones that I personally care about. #1 is top priority. The unbolded can be dismissed. (J/k )

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
English_Ray
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Agree with pretty much all of these Bobble, and I'm particularly keen on this one.

I'd also like to add one of my own - show Pitchers' batting stats (where appropriate) on their BNN page. It's a bit annoying not being able to check them in the HTML of non-DH leagues.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
hefalumps
All Star Starter

#1 reminded me of something I've wanted for awhile.

We have an "All Players" screen - why not an "All Personnel" screen? Often when I'm looking at hiring new coaches, I want to see how the available coaches' ratings and salary demands compare with other coaches already on my staff (in the majors and minors) as well as other teams' coaches at that position.

Disclaimer: I haven't played OOTP15 yet so if this feature is already in the game, please disregard.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
I wish there was a way to see who has won the most HR, RBI, BA, SB, ERA, Wins, Saves ect titles?

And also life time pinch hit stats AB, H, HR, B% I would like to know whoa are my all-time pinch hitting greats.in non DH leagues this guys play a crucial role I want to know who is the best all-time in my league

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

bump for padre .... I love the idea where we can configure and look up the years who won such and such title for many catagories and also for how many times and I like that its being done already on the history page of each individual player but would love to see more on a grand scale league wide. instead of individual player level only
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

#1 & #6, yes, please.
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This. This is a good idea.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Those are all great ideas.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #10
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

#7 is the least of my concerns with converting contract salaries to K or M or even eventually B's LOL
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
thriller13
Minors (Single A)

#6 , I have found it particularly tedious trying to fill multiple positions at the same time. I have had to go to only offering one person a day and then waiting for him to sign or to disappear. It can take up to a month in the off season to get all my minor league jobs filled.
thriller13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Agree with all of them.. this one too.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...uggestion.html
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #13
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Love pretty much all these suggestions, especially #2 about selecting your own stats in player profile and #9 about the waiver wire.

Can I piggyback with a suggestion/wish of my own?

I would KILL to be able to save & load different lineup/depth chart configurations. If there's one thing that drives me managerially crazy, it's when a couple players get injured and it throws my existing lineups/dc's out of whack. And then those players come off the DL and you have to reconfigure everything again.

How 'bout a simple 'save & paste' mechanism in which you could save "Lineup 1 vs. RHP", "Lineup 2 vs. RHP", "Lineup 3" etc.? This could also be a godsend with 7-Day Lineups, which are incredibly tedious to maintain manually. How 'bout on Day 1 I want "Lineup 1 vs. RHP" (just paste it), and Day 2, I want "Lineup 2 vs. RHP" (just paste it). Life would be so good.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #14
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
I would KILL to be able to save & load different lineup/depth chart configurations. If there's one thing that drives me managerially crazy, it's when a couple players get injured and it throws my existing lineups/dc's out of whack. And then those players come off the DL and you have to reconfigure everything again.

How 'bout a simple 'save & paste' mechanism in which you could save "Lineup 1 vs. RHP", "Lineup 2 vs. RHP", "Lineup 3" etc.? This could also be a godsend with 7-Day Lineups, which are incredibly tedious to maintain manually. How 'bout on Day 1 I want "Lineup 1 vs. RHP" (just paste it), and Day 2, I want "Lineup 2 vs. RHP" (just paste it). Life would be so good.

Yes!
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #15
Avindian
Minors (Triple A)

#9 is already in -- you can check the waiver wire from the Manager drop down. Love the rest of the suggestions, though!
Avindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #16
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Agree with all of them.. this one too.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...uggestion.html
That's a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
Love pretty much all these suggestions, especially #2 about selecting your own stats in player profile and #9 about the waiver wire.

Can I piggyback with a suggestion/wish of my own?

If anyone has suggestions, throw them in here. If we can collect them, then there's a better chance Markus will see them and put in what he can.

Last edited by Bobble; 04-29-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
#9 is already in -- you can check the waiver wire from the Manager drop down. Love the rest of the suggestions, though!
No, I mean one of the panels could be changed to show the waiver wire (e.g. replace the "League Events" panel in the middle of the screen with the who's on the waiver wire.).

Old 04-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #18
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I hope the design team is reading this thread and taking notes.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #19
Avindian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
No, I mean one of the panels could be changed to show the waiver wire (e.g. replace the "League Events" panel in the middle of the screen with the who's on the waiver wire.).
Gotcha.

Actually, I'd build on that then -- I want the ability to set alerts when certain types of players become "publically available" (released, put on the trade block, waiver wire). If I want a right handed bat to platoon in RF, I don't want have to check every single day to see if one is readily available.
Avindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #20
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I've got another one. I've been finding the feature where you can rate the players versus any league you want to be very cool. Currently, though, you have to go into a player to set that setting and then when you come back out, every player is rated that way. I'd like to have that dropdown available pretty much anywhere you have the scout dropdown. I was using the feature during the draft and it would be nice to toggle that while I'm looking at the draft pool rather than go into a player, set it, and come back out.