Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #21
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
endgame filed this in the official bug report tool. So no need to bring it up elsewhere, Markus will certainly see it from there.
Since this qualifies as a high priority in our Bug Reporting tool, I'm going to send Markus an email pointing him to the Project Tool (PT) report.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 AM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Since this qualifies as a high priority in our Bug Reporting tool, I'm going to send Markus an email pointing him to the Project Tool (PT) report.
I wouldn't say it's so darned high priority as all that Pretty sure he checks the PT's every day at this point in time. But it's nice of you to take the trouble.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-29-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:50 AM   #23
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I wouldn't say it's so darned high priority as all that Pretty sure he checks the PT's every day at this point in time. But it's nice of you to take the trouble.
PM sent!

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #24
le receveur
All Star Starter

screen shot

email announcement has a Contract button. and pressing on it allows you to negotiate (this is 3 days before draft from College feeder). only draft eligible (ie college FA) have the button...

Name:  draftee.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  65.6 KB
Name:  contract.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  184.5 KB
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #25
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Just thinking out loud, but is it possible the button only appears if you're in commish mode? That could be why online guys haven't seen it.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #26
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Just thinking out loud, but is it possible the button only appears if you're in commish mode? That could be why online guys haven't seen it.
i have not progressed this world since the print screen, so will check when i get home.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #27
RchW
Hall Of Famer

So is this only an issue for those who play in commissioner mode?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #28
pjh5165
Major Leagues

that guy only struck out 17 in 86.2 IP?!?
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #29
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
So is this only an issue for those who play in commissioner mode?
That hasn't been confirmed. I only threw it out there as a suggestion since I don't have a league that I can test it in. Le receveur said he'd check on his league when he gets home.

I noticed in his screenshot that he's in commish mode, and that immediately made me wonder if that might be why online players haven't reported this bug sooner. Just me trying to connect dots that may have no connection at all.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #30
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
that guy only struck out 17 in 86.2 IP?!?
now i wish i had Steam to be able to check before i get home ;-)
Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #31
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That hasn't been confirmed. I only threw it out there as a suggestion since I don't have a league that I can test it in. Le receveur said he'd check on his league when he gets home.

I noticed in his screenshot that he's in commish mode, and that immediately made me wonder if that might be why online players haven't reported this bug sooner. Just me trying to connect dots that may have no connection at all.
Not just online methinks. Most solo players would not use commish setting unless it was for a specific purpose. Maybe I'm wrong.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 01-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #32
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Not just online methinks. Most solo players would not use commish setting unless it was for a specific purpose. Maybe I'm wrong.
i have commish mode on to be able to get the Top League GM role, if not i would have to coach in minors to get to the point, i assume this is common.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #33
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I play in commish mode simply so I can quickly delete or change any ridiculous nicknames I see.

Also, the bug appears to only be with players coming from feeder leagues, which many people do not use. Add that to many people not using commish mode and that could explain why it's taken so long for someone to uncover this bug.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #34
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
I play in commish mode simply so I can quickly delete or change any ridiculous nicknames I see.

Also, the bug appears to only be with players coming from feeder leagues, which many people do not use. Add that to many people not using commish mode and that could explain why it's taken so long for someone to uncover this bug.
it is only for Feeder league since it's from the email for the MVP and Best pitcher award winners- there is none of these in a non-feeder draft.
Also only if they are FA (ie draft eligible). So if the HS MVP is a 2nd year guy, you will not get this "offer contract" button, so I had to run 2 years to get the above in this league. i will check on commish tonight.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #35
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
now i wish i had Steam to be able to check before i get home ;-)
Where would you find the league file?

RichW

#stopthestupid

Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #36
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
it is only for Feeder league since it's from the email for the MVP and Best pitcher award winners- there is none of these in a non-feeder draft.
Also only if they are FA (ie draft eligible). So if the HS MVP is a 2nd year guy, you will not get this "offer contract" button, so I had to run 2 years to get the above in this league. i will check on commish tonight.
I play almost exclusively online leagues but of the 5 leagues I'm in only one uses feeder leagues. I haven't seen it but I don't have it set to receive email from the feeder leagues. Sounds like it would be rarely seen based on what is required for it to pop up. But now that attention has been brought to it here I think the need to fix it has become greater.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #37
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The only time I turn off commissioner mode is when I negitiate with players or when I trade.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #38
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
Your guys email inboxes don't get cluttered by all that stuff? I only subscribe to news from my organization. I'd go nuts if I had stuff from my entire league being emailed to me.
Yea, that's a headache...I am the Commish for MLB and 3 levels of minors, plus the PCL...I have to go through 70+ emails every 2 weeks to see if someone hit a cycle, got 6 hits, 3 Hrs etc. to save in my email box so i can look back on it in 20 seasons.

Drives me crazy though, wish I could highlight multiple emails and delete, as in the deadball era, no a 4 hit SHO is NOT a big deal that deserves a storyline...hitting a HR in 3 straight games does...but I never see it

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #39
le receveur
All Star Starter

GM only mode

still have the 'offer contract' button... and just to make sure I simmed to the next years draft, off commish the whole time and I still can make an offer to the draftee

edit: also noticed both time the amount to sign is way lower than the bonus request...

Last edited by le receveur; 01-29-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #40
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Where would you find the league file?
that's not going to be there? what is the point then?...