Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 10-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

iOOTP 2013 Update

As of today (actually yesterday) I'm back to iOOTP. As written earlier my first work will be to get iOOTP working with iOS6/7, which includes Retina- and iPhone 5 support. Both is required by Apple now, otherwise I can't upload any new patches anymore.

I will use this thread to keep you updated but please don't expect a "nothing new today" post every day.

If you have questions about iOOTP, feel free to ask them here.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
As of today (actually yesterday) I'm back to iOOTP. As written earlier my first work will be to get iOOTP working with iOS6/7, which includes Retina- and iPhone 5 support. Both is required by Apple now, otherwise I can't upload any new patches anymore.

I will use this thread to keep you updated but please don't expect a "nothing new today" post every day.

If you have questions about iOOTP, feel free to ask them here.
Great news Sebastian

Hopefully this might stop some of the posters from self-harming ....

Keep the faith
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
johan25
Minors (Single A)

Is there any chance of a player editor making it into iOOTP 13 or will we have to wait for 14?
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Hallelujah! Great news and I can't wait for the update.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

So, uh...erm...a month later. Any update on the update?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

Add ability to shop player around.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Another week and nothing? There's no shame in admitting that this game has been officially abandoned. At least that would ease the sadness I feel every time I check for an update and nothing's there
Old 11-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #8
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

I know what you guys are thinking, but this game is definitely not abandoned!
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
IAmC
Major Leagues

It should be realized that those of you who are saying "this game is abandoned!" are probably referring to an update to iOOTP 2013 and those who are saying "this game is NOT abandoned" are probably referring to the iOOTP franchise (because there definitely will be an iOOTP 2014 and there has been an update to iOOTP 2013 promised but with no firm date or information).
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
BradC
All Star Starter

Again, neither iOOTP 2013 nor the iOOTP franchise have been abandoned. Sebastian had to move to a new version of Xcode for this update, per Apple's requirements, which created a host of issues that have to be solved first. I'll post more when I hear it. Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
WACo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Running out of 2013. Less than 2 weeks left. Given that it takes 2weeks to go thru the Apple process allegedly, it means no update this year given that you have not made any announcement to this sticky thread. So any ideas when? Remember, 2014 pitcher and catchers report less than 2months.

Last edited by WACo; 12-20-2013 at 12:14 AM.
WACo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #12
Ike348
All Star Starter

As I've said before, I'd rather have a solid iOOTP 2014 that I will spend money on than a 2013 update and 2014 be nothing new at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

While I fully expect that we'll eventually see an iOOTP 2014, people need to keep in mind that Sebastian is the lead developer for FHM, which (if you follow the conversations in the FHM forums) continues to have some fairly significant issues. I doubt very much that Sebastian will be able to get any distance from that project until it reaches some kind of stable state--and the lack of any communication from Sebastian in these iOOTP forums for months at a time suggests that he simply does not have the bandwidth to get tangled up in distracting back-and-forths with people whose expectations he cannot currently satisfy. So it's a Catch-22 for Sebastian. I'm sure he wants to work on iOOTP, but that won't happen until the problems with FHM are fixed and the purchasers of that product are happily distracted with a game that (mostly) delivers on the promises the developers originally made in the hype and buildup before its (in hindsight, premature) release.

Last edited by sfnate; 12-20-2013 at 04:06 PM.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
WACo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Have to say it: who cares about hockey? This is iOOTP Baseball. If FHM is that bad, scrap it and the smaller potential customer base, refund the money, and instead concentrate on the bigger revenue base with the sustainable code and customer base. Take the FHM code and do a rewrite for next year, relaunch with a discount for previous purchasers.. Either that or hire someone (or contract it out) to do the hockey thing. Looking at it as a business, If 2 projects are competing for resources in a business, you feed the one that is the bigger cash flow. You don't starve it in favor of a smaller stream. Don't throw good money after bad. Got x hours a week to work, then allocate Y hours based on revenue/profit. Say Prodct B produces 75% of revenues. Then product B gets 45 out of 60 hours in a week if u are in crunch mode 60 hour week. If product H becomes a drain, you either increase the resources (hire/contract) to help it, reduce its functionality or scope to where it fits into the limited resources available, or admit the failure and scrap it, taking those losses but preventing future losses to the main cash product B which will occur if it continues to be resource starved. Just my experienced opinion.

Last edited by WACo; 12-21-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
Ike348
All Star Starter

Who says iOOTP earns more than FHM?

Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #16
WACo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Who says it doesn't?
Old 12-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #17
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACo View Post
Who says it doesn't?

For one, FHM costs more to buy. Second, the boards for FHM are more active, but that might be just because it released not too long ago.

Either way, whichever game makes more $ is irrelevant. What Sebastian has done, given his situation has been perfectly acceptable. He released iOOTP 2013 on time before immeadiately working on FHM. Once it was fit to release, he went back to iOOTP. I'm fine with that. A new game is never perfect right out of the chute, so it took some work to make FHM better.

Of course, his situation has NOT been perfect. It would have made much more sense to get another programmer to develop FHM so Sebastian could stay with iOOTP. But, Markus and the rest of the OOTP crew don't have the money for that.

With the release of FHM, and the release of OOTP on Steam, that means more customers. More customers = more profit. A big chunk of that should go to the employees, but some of it could be used to hire an FHM guy.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2013, 01:42 AM   #18
asado
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I somewhat saddened the lack of enhancement of iOOTP 2013

I have been an OOTP baseball fan since 2000 and have played both OOTP and iOOTP. iOOTP has done okay but certainly is not as well as the OOTP partly because of memory issues that would be required and also somewhat lack of attention to developing significant enhancements.

Some fans here are ardent supporters of iOOTP developers no matter what and I respect their opinions and gratitude toward the developers for the great games they have given us.

However, i feel it someone naive to defend the iOOTP developers at all costs because of some of the reasons they have given.

After a time the developers have said same excuses, but in a business world this is poor salesmanship.

Do I really believe that Sebastian reason for not fully giving attention to iOOTP has been because new code , APPLE, and FHM--to some extent that this is all true and valid.

Do i really believe this is the only reason? No and I suspect there are other major issues involved they have been reticent to discuss which can impact their business.

Just because you have iOOTP does not mean you going to continue to have full support from your fans or expect them to continue to buy your product, especially when the product operates only on apple IOS.

Even after buying multiple seasons of OOTP even though I enjoyed it I have stopped buying newer versions.

For time being I continue to play with iOOTP 13.

2014 is coming upon us and we will see what changes they will produce.
asado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

I don't know about you, but if they don't make at least some effort re new version to fix some of the problems with 2013, I'm not buying 2014.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice...
Star Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #20
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

iOOTP 2013 is now running with iOS 7 and the retina support is almost done (I would say about 95% of all graphics are ready). Next on the list is iPhone 5 support. Next Monday I will discuss with Daniela when she is able to make the needed graphics (she works on OOTP 15 as well).