Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 09-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

My Best Pitcher of All Time, Chuck Kimball

He was my ace in my rotation for 24 great seasons. I knew right from the moment that I drafted Chuck, 1st overall in 2061, that he was the pitcher for me. I knew right away, when I saw his name in the draft list and his potential listed as Stuff (9) Movement (5) Control (9). Chuck was drafted out of high school as the #1 overall pick, and the hype was real. He was ranked #1 on Baseball Americas prospect list in 2062, #3 in 2063, #2 in 2064 and #1 in 2065. Every year for 4 years, since he was selected as #1 overall, Fans around the world anxiously awaited for Chucks debut. In the first game of the 2067 season, Chuck faced his first problem in his entire baseball career, since he started playing the game as a wee boy. He had torn his flexor tendon in his elbow, and was expected to miss 13-14 months. Chuck missed an entire season of baseball, and half of the 2068 season as well. It was a long, tough road of rehab for Chuck, but he came back stronger and better than ever. On October 15th 2069, Chuck signed his first major league contract extension worth a grand total of 8 years, $100 million. Without a doubt, this was a steal of a contract for the Seattle Nitrous. Chuck was a team player, and committed to winning a championship. He took a discount for the sake of the team. Chuck had a very long and successful career, winning 297 games. I would like to take this post, to honor a very important member of my team. Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Chuck Kimball.

I would like to declare this thread as the place to post your top players entire careers.
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
MooseMichaels
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Al Harris was not only my greatest pitcher, but the greatest pitcher of all time in my league. His win/loss record was 424-153 with a career ERA of 2.53. He was also an 11 Time Pitcher of the Year.
Attached Images

Last edited by MooseMichaels; 09-02-2013 at 03:32 AM.
MooseMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Wow!!! Al Harris is a god!
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #4
romeocasido
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My favorite ace

Originally a closer for his first year with a fastball and slider with 95 plus stuff, movement, and control. I traded for him with position player stars. Had pretty good endurance so I used him as a stater. Never went above 200 Ks but due to his 70% ground ball rate and great control became the ace of the league for 2 decades. Lost some starts due to injury but overall a pretty good career. Cool part about it is he retired on top. Didn't have linger and become a shadow of his formal self.

romeocasido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
Digrdan
Bat Boy

Great stats, love this game (to the developers - haters gonna hate... The fact you only have 1-2 moaners on here should give you a lot of confidence).

In the same draft, the game created two gems and I traded for them as soon as I could manage though I wish I got them early as the stats would probably be even higher. Both played well late in careers, and still contributed into their early 40s.
Getting good pitcher stats is easier if you change to 4 man rotation ( don't know if this is an unfair rule on here yet) and have a good team. I usually play toronto who have a great salary in this version.

Had a starting pitcher finish with 518 wins (all time record by 7 over cy young), 5529 k (one more season and he would have beat Nolan Ryan), era of 2.87 career.

And a second baseman finish with 4253 hits, 847 hr (blowing away bonds record), 2597 RBi (hank Aaron record is 2297), .309 avg. also had a record for doubles but unfortunately only took a picture of their quick view hall of fame banner.

Great game, if you have better careers, post it so I can try to beat it. . I'll post the photos once I figure out how to from the ipad.
Digrdan is offline   Reply With Quote