Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #41
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

There's still the bug that takes the closer role away from my closer randomly in the middle of the season. I control my team totally, and ever season at random points, my closer's role some either becomes middle relief or "none specified." Has happened in all my OOTP 14 leagues since it came out.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #42
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Well I deleted my "Faces.dat" file and loaded the game and everything seems to work now. I guess the solution was to just delete it which isn't a great answer but at least it works now.

Edit...I just changed one teams cap logo and regenerated pics for that team and now their logo is showing up instead of the player pictures on the scores and schedule page again. It seems like anytime I try to update a player picture it overrides the scores and schedule page with the team logo instead of the player pic. Tried it with several other teams with the same result. Is this because I converted my league from 12?I've never converted a league before and after his fiasco I don't know if I'll ever try and do it again.
Did you convert your league to OOTP 13 then to 14? You cannot just convert a OOTP12 file to a OOTP14 without going through OOTP13.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #43
Erik
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
Did you convert your league to OOTP 13 then to 14? You cannot just convert a OOTP12 file to a OOTP14 without going through OOTP13.
Yup, converted to ootp13 demo and then to ootp14. I also just noticed that none of my players histories are there. Like when I go to the player profile page and view their History tab nothing is listed, but I'm over 20 years into my league. I've only played 1+ a little more in ootp14. Players who were created since I converted have history, but not the existing players who were brought over.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Yup, converted to ootp13 demo and then to ootp14. I also just noticed that none of my players histories are there. Like when I go to the player profile page and view their History tab nothing is listed, but I'm over 20 years into my league. I've only played 1+ a little more in ootp14. Players who were created since I converted have history, but not the existing players who were brought over.
Something went wrong there. Histories, player and team, should always import.

The only time they didn't was on the rewrite from v6.5 to v2006, and Markus made it clear they wouldn't come forward. Comedian(?) made a utility that would do it and that worked pretty well.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #45
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Bigrod's on point, nothing unusual, but there may be a location for images that still needs deleted. Somewhere, I have Andreas' specific instructions about this and I'll do my best to locate it and post it later today.
There are probably more comments, but this was the one I'd recalled. In fact, there should be a complete knowledge base area written covering the Facegen issues. This has certainly addressed my issues in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas
If it's a fictional league and you're not using any real pictures, you could also do the following:
- close OOTP
- delete all files from \league folder.lg\news\html\images\person_pictures and \league folder.lg\news\html\images\profile_pictures
- start OOTP again
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #46
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

My game is showing me potential < current overall ratings even though I have it set to adjust.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #47
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Anyone that uses a Mac, are you having issues with the FaceGen not working? The ballcaps are all messed up in the player pictures.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #48
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I use a Mac and FaceGen is working (other than automatically using photos instead of FaceGen, but that isn't new).
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #49
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
My game is showing me potential < current overall ratings even though I have it set to adjust.
Me too.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #50
hefalumps
All Star Starter

I've noticed that occasionally a player or a coach doesn't have face either in the big picture on their profile page or the smaller picture. If I go to their profile and click the "Same Picture" button, it's fixed. And it's only happened to me a couple of times, but it never happened to me before installing the latest patch.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #51
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
I've noticed that occasionally a player or a coach doesn't have face either in the big picture on their profile page or the smaller picture. If I go to their profile and click the "Same Picture" button, it's fixed. And it's only happened to me a couple of times, but it never happened to me before installing the latest patch.
I had a strange one yesterday. I'm using historical facegens in a random debut league. Geremi Gonzalez all of a sudden went from a facegen to stadium pic. This was only in game though. If I went to his player page it had a facegen pic. During the game, he was a stadium....couldn't tell you which stadium, the pic was too small.

I tried updating the pic and nothing happened. I then hit the button for change facial structure and he received a new pic and the problem went away. Very strange.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #52
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys!

We have just released the fourth update for OOTP 14, the version number is 14.4.23.

Changes in this update, compared to version 14.3.12:

• In historical leagues, the real stats of the current year are displayed additionally in the player profile screen stats section
Is there a way to turn this off? I don't want to readily see how they did in real life - it affects my judgement of a historical player I may not be familiar with, and since I do the "alternate universe" thing and turn player development on, there's a good chance it's not accurate.

I know, I know... I can just ignore it, and I will do that if it can't be disabled. But I'd love to disable it if possible.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #53
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Short answer: No.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #54
Rastafreaky
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
There's still the bug that takes the closer role away from my closer randomly in the middle of the season. I control my team totally, and ever season at random points, my closer's role some either becomes middle relief or "none specified." Has happened in all my OOTP 14 leagues since it came out.
Ha. Yeah I just noticed this too. Bizarre.
Rastafreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #55
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I had a strange one yesterday. I'm using historical facegens in a random debut league. Geremi Gonzalez all of a sudden went from a facegen to stadium pic. This was only in game though. If I went to his player page it had a facegen pic. During the game, he was a stadium....couldn't tell you which stadium, the pic was too small.

I tried updating the pic and nothing happened. I then hit the button for change facial structure and he received a new pic and the problem went away. Very strange.
Hey David,

I think you and I are experiencing the exact same thing, because it just happened to me. I'm assuming you have facegen backgrounds turned on, so that any of the non-profile pictures have something in the background, either a sunset or a BNN backdrop... or a STADIUM!!!! So I don't think it took one of the stadium images and used it for a player's face - the player's face just wasn't showing up on top of the stadium background image.

Clearly there's some weird facegen stuff going on in this patch - I never experienced this issue with the previous patches. Not a huge dealbreaker since you can just regenerate the pic, but it is kinda silly looking.

Pic is below. If you click on the player and do the "Same Picture" thing, it regenerates and is fixed.
Attached Images

Last edited by hefalumps; 08-05-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #56
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey David,

I think you and I are experiencing the exact same thing, because it just happened to me. I'm assuming you have facegen backgrounds turned on, so that any of the non-profile pictures have something in the background, either a sunset or a BNN backdrop... or a STADIUM!!!! So I don't think it took one of the stadium images and used it for a player's face - the player's face just wasn't showing up on top of the stadium background image.

Clearly there's some weird facegen stuff going on in this patch - I never experienced this issue with the previous patches. Not a huge dealbreaker since you can just regenerate the pic, but it is kinda silly looking.

Pic is below. If you click on the player and do the "Same Picture" thing, it regenerates and is fixed.
That is exactly what I was getting. Very strange. So far it only happened to one player and when I changed his facial structure the field pic disappeared.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #57
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We tested this extensively and the feature worked properly in our test leagues, we were not able to find any issues with it.
Is there some setting I'm missing maybe?

I have enabled box scores in the Almanac, (I save everything), and also have save box scores from all major leagues enabled in league setup.

This always worked in the past, and not just one specific league but any league I create. I have uninstalled and reinstalled OOTP as well.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #58
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Is there some setting I'm missing maybe?

I have enabled box scores in the Almanac, (I save everything), and also have save box scores from all major leagues enabled in league setup.

This always worked in the past, and not just one specific league but any league I create. I have uninstalled and reinstalled OOTP as well.
Bluenoser,

The only thing I can think of is that even though you have box scores and game logs checked, maybe one of the individual items in the "Select reports" is unchecked and that's what's causing it. If you load the "Complete almanac" profile first, it checks all of those "Select reports" boxes except for "pages for retired players".

So if the "click Complete Almanac profile first" workaround doesn't work for you, try clicking through these individual reports to see if anything is unchecked.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #59
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
That is exactly what I was getting. Very strange. So far it only happened to one player and when I changed his facial structure the field pic disappeared.
Well it's happening to me a lot lately. First it happened on the Scoreboard. Then it happened on someone's profile. Then the picture I attached, and just after I posted that, now I just had it happen in-game, where I can't do anything to the picture until after the game is over. So Phil Rizzuto is now a grey box until the game is over.

Paging Andreas... any idea what's going on here? I'm sure you guys don't have plans for too many more patches for 14, but I really hope this gets fixed. It really takes away from the immersion when you've got blank pictures in the field.
Attached Images

Last edited by hefalumps; 08-05-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #60
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bluenoser,

The only thing I can think of is that even though you have box scores and game logs checked, maybe one of the individual items in the "Select reports" is unchecked and that's what's causing it. If you load the "Complete almanac" profile first, it checks all of those "Select reports" boxes except for "pages for retired players".

So if the "click Complete Almanac profile first" workaround doesn't work for you, try clicking through these individual reports to see if anything is unchecked.
Ya, that worked thanks. I was selecting everything manually (custom) by opening the profile and using the "select all" option. Which should work, but doesn't for whatever reason. Hopefully Markus sees this and can fix.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote