Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation OOTP 14.4 Update BETA available now! (Update 07/16: Mac + Linux available)

Hey guys,

initially we had planned to release the 14.4 update along with the start of our All-Star Game Promotion today. However, we had to make some massive changes to our core programming libraries for the Mac version (thanks to Apple), and there were a few issues that still needed to be resolved.

So, we have decided to just release the current version as a BETA now, and then do the official release next week. If you find any bugs & problems with the beta, please post a detailed description here in this thread. Chances are good that we'll be able to fix the properly reported issues prior to the official release of the update.

The beta version is tested and stable, and it will properly work with your current save games. However, to be on the safe side, we suggest to always back up your saved games prior to installing a new version.

Here is the changelist, compared to update version 14.3:
  • Improved Facegen rendering with 32 bit support
  • Added the option to display the last 5 games log in the player profile screen stats section
  • In historical leagues, the real stats of the current year are displayed additionally in the player profile screen stats section
  • The game log in the player screen now has the order reversed, with most recent games at the top
  • Added "Release all coaches / scouts" and "Fill teams with fictional coaches / scouts" function to league setup
  • Users can now turn multiple retired players into coaches via the mass-select function
  • Added contract option type to player salary team report
  • Added team records to box score header
  • Added "Hit by Pitch" to box scores in the batting summary
  • Improved 40 man roster AI
  • More aggressive free agent signing AI
  • Improved play-by-play commentary
  • Improved in-game simulation AI
  • Improved simulation speed
  • Players on irrevocable waivers may no longer be traded (does not apply to online leagues)
  • Online league file upload via "automator" will no longer save database two times
  • If online league file routine cannot create target folder for league file it will use the import_export folder
  • Fixed issues with the online league quickstart feature
  • Fixed various other bugs

UPDATE INFO:

To apply the patch, simply download the setup file, run it and and install the game over your current installation. Alternatively, for PC only, there is a smaller patch file which will update your current installation properly. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. If you have modified any default files, please make sure you backup these files and restore them after the update. Your saved games are not touched and will remain compatible with the new version. This version is also compatible to version 14.3, 14.2, 14.1 and 14.0 online league files.

Download links for version 14.4.18 BETA:

Download link for PC, patch file:
PC Patch

Download link for PC, full setup:
PC Installer

Download link for Mac OS X, full setup:
Mac OS X Installer

Download link for Linux, full setup:
Linux Installer

Enjoy!
Markus

[EDIT] Initially Markus made this post for the PC version only. Today we uploaded the new beta build #18 for Mac OS X and Linux, too. So we edited this post to include the Mac and Linux links.

Last edited by Andreas Raht; 07-16-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Backwards compatible for online leagues?
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Backwards compatible for online leagues?
Yes.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
Pronkytonk
Minors (Double A)

Have roster issues concerning the MLB quickstart been adressed ?
Pronkytonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronkytonk View Post
Have roster issues concerning the MLB quickstart been adressed ?
The rosters are the same version as in the latest update, no changes have been made there except for some minor team naming issues.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
HercMighty
Minors (Double A)

OOTP crashes with this update on load, at least for me. I used the Patch and got a crash while loading the game. Tried the full install and it is still crashing on load. Even with an uninstall and re-install the program crashes during load. Looks to be doing it during the unpacking.

Last edited by HercMighty; 07-15-2013 at 08:59 AM.
HercMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HercMighty View Post
OOTP crashes with this update on load, at least for me. I used the Patch and got a crash while loading the game. Tried the full install and it is still crashing on load.
Works okay for me.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
OOTP crashes with this update on load, at least for me. I used the Patch and got a crash while loading the game. Tried the full install and it is still crashing on load. Even with an uninstall and re-install the program crashes during load. Looks to be doing it during the unpacking.
Make sure you have enough hard drive space, and also try to re-download the full installer. Close all programs in the background, and a reboot may help as well.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
HercMighty
Minors (Double A)

I did download the full install, did an un-install and tried re-install but no go. (Deleted the OOTP folder under Program Files but left the folders in My Documents alone).

I am running on a Surface Pro (So far up till this install I had no issues). I have 42GB free on the SSD. OOTP does detect the crash and flags it so the next time I try to start it it says that the video is being set to defaults. Windows throws a window saying the program has stopped working and either debug or close. I don't see any logs being kept that I can share.

Do I need to be connected to the internet? At work at the moment and the Surface is not on the network here. Could it be crashing because of that? Looking for the License or something?

Last edited by HercMighty; 07-15-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Do I need to be connected to the internet? At work at the moment and the Surface is not on the network here. Could it be crashing because of that? Looking for the License or something?
Even if it tries to access the internet, it should of course not crash if it's offline. Anyway, this is a very strange issue, I cannot really say what's going on for you I'll ask our support staff to contact you.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
- Added "Release all coaches / scouts" and "Fill teams with fictional coaches / scouts" function to league setup

Thank you. And I stand corrected. Great job!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by The Wolf; 07-15-2013 at 10:23 AM.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
You forgot "Delete all coaches and scouts"
No, this is available in the free agent coaches list. So, first release all, then delete all, if you wish.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #13
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No, this is available in the free agent coaches list. So, first release all, then delete all, if you wish.
I found it right after I saw it wasn't on the list and posted that. Thank you VERY much for doing it. My OOTP life just got much better.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Was the problem with uniforms for someone running two different leagues addressed, by any chance? (With the historic unis switching back to the modern ones...)
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
HercMighty
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Even if it tries to access the internet, it should of course not crash if it's offline. Anyway, this is a very strange issue, I cannot really say what's going on for you I'll ask our support staff to contact you.
Markus I am getting an "unhandled exception at 0x7375B60E (ig7icd32.dll) in ootp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation reading location 0x0000002C".

I hit the debug button and doing programming myself VS2012 was able to give me at least this much.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

Really like the idea to switch from splits to game logs on profile. Really saves a lot of clicking
Bulls
Hawks
and Kansas JayHawks
yougo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
greenrebellion
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The game log in the player screen now has the order reversed, with most recent games at the top
Might seem like a minor change but I am very excited about this, will save a lot of scrolling!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Do we have to restart new game when this comes out for mac? I actually have a team in first =)
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #19
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
- Added "Release all coaches / scouts" and "Fill teams with fictional coaches / scouts" function to league setup
When filling teams with fictional personnel, do they adhere to the nation of the league? If I have a Canadian League with a specific region selected, do the generated staff all come from that region as well?
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #20
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
Do we have to restart new game when this comes out for mac? I actually have a team in first =)
No, you don't need to restart a new game. You never need to do that when there's a new version of OOTP
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote