Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #61
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm View Post
You shouldn't have to hit the auto-calc button.
I had the "automatic adust league totals modifiers for accuracy" button checked. But, when I didn't hit the auto-calc button, every modifier stayed at 1.000.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #62
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

For Those Looking For Accurate MiLB Stats

Uncheck everything and hit auto recal before opening day if you actually want the numbers you put in for the minor leagues.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 08-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #63
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Do you need to hit the "Auto-Calc Modifiers" button for these to take effect, or should they be left at 1.000?

Last edited by PSUColonel; 10-02-2013 at 05:52 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #64
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I just noticed something here, according to baseball reference, many of these leagues played a different amount of games. In other words even though the international league and the pacific league are both AAA leagues, there was a different amount of games played in each league, therefore creating different league totals. I am not so sure that is the case on OOTP. Wouldn't it be better to pick one set of modifiers at each level (AAA, AA, A etc) and use them across the board? So in other words, the International League and Pacific League wold use the same modifiers, while AA teams would have another set of modifiers that all of those leagues would use and so on?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #65
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Okay I just looked at the number of games each league plays within the game, and while it's not totally uniform, is't very similar. For instance, the Eastern League plays 142 games, while the other AA leagues all play 140. I think all of the A leagues play 140 games also. OOTP does not divide High A and low A either, so would it be wrong to use one set of single A modifiers for all A leagues?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #66
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
I've tested this over the weekend and I've gotten fantastic Minor league stats throughout 25 year stretches, but it does come with a moderately high PITA factor.

Step 1: Go to the link below for the 2012 stats for each Minor League in the game

Link: 2012 Minor League Baseball League Encyclopedia - Baseball-Reference.com

Step Two: Go into the league menu and choose the first Minor league, the International League

Step Three: Go to League Setup>strategy tab where the league totals are located. Input the correct league totals for the league(BABIP will have to be figured out on your own the formula is Hits - Home Runs/At bats-strikeouts-home runs + sac flies)

Step Four: Check the automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy box(that and the box below will now both be checked)

Step Five: Very Important! Click the league menu tab and go to the league home screen, from that screen choose the next league then begin again from step two.

All in all it should take about a half hour to complete but it is absolutely worth it to have accurate minor league stats

What should the modifier numbers be? This is the part I do not understand. I am entering the data for 2013 now.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #67
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
What should the modifier numbers be? This is the part I do not understand. I am entering the data for 2013 now.
They should be whatever the game says they are after you enter the data and hit the auto-calc button.

The only problem is that sometimes the game comes up with really high or really low modifiers for the wild pitch, balks, passed balls, steals etc. and fielding even after the correct stats are entered. So if you see something super high or super low in some of those field you may want to manually adjust that field a little.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #68
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

right now the auto-calc button is not available....I am still in season MLB...but the minor league playoffs are going on.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #69
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
right now the auto-calc button is not available....I am still in season MLB...but the minor league playoffs are going on.
It should show up in the offseason/preseason.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #70
koohead
Hall Of Famer

sorry to bump an old thread, but wondering if anyone had input on the default values in OOTP15 for minors or if the work documented in this thread was still needed/recommended?
TIA
Old 07-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #71
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

I also would like to know if anyone has tested these with OOTP 15.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #72
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Is this still necessary with OOTP 15, or were these numbers inputted? Anybody in the know?
Old 09-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #73
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

No auto-calc tab once season has started

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
Yes.
I have already started 3 of my minor league seasons...once you start your league the auto-calc modifier is not there....

So, am I just wasting my time doing the overall stats for leagues that have already started....basically, if I don't hit recalc how much does that matter?

Last edited by Pinetarpress; 09-11-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #74
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinetarpress View Post
I have already started 3 of my minor league seasons...once you start your league the auto-calc modifier is not there....

So, am I just wasting my time doing the overall stats for leagues that have already started....basically, if I don't hit recalc how much does that matter?
You can compare results after the season starts and adjust the modifiers manually. I do this often.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #75
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
You can compare results after the season starts and adjust the modifiers manually. I do this often.
I want to get this right but I am really confused right now...what exactly do you do to adjust the modifiers?

Also, when I went to recall my league after putting in the right stats for the 1976 PCL it was still loading an hour later so i opted out ...is this a consistent issue?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #76
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I want to get this right but I am really confused right now...what exactly do you do to adjust the modifiers?
Just go to the page. League settings/stats and AI. Then enter the numbers. Are you asking for a step-by-step?

Quote:
Also, when I went to recall my league after putting in the right stats for the 1976 PCL it was still loading an hour later so i opted out ...is this a consistent issue?

Not sure what you mean. There is no connection. You enter this info into an already loaded league, so it probably makes sense to save it, but that should take seconds. I don't understand what you mean by "recall".

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 09-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #77
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Just go to the page. League settings/stats and AI. Then enter the numbers. Are you asking for a step-by-step?

Ok...no, I already understand this

Not sure what you mean. There is no connection. You enter this info into an already loaded league, so it probably makes sense to save it, but that should take seconds. I don't understand what you mean by "recall".
It was supposed to say recalc...when I go to recalc the overall stats after I enter them for the league it loaded for over an hour...and probably would have gone longer....so, I just stopped it by turning game off
Old 09-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #78
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was supposed to say recalc...when I go to recalc the overall stats after I enter them for the league it loaded for over an hour...and probably would have gone longer....so, I just stopped it by turning game off
We may be talking about two different things. Is this what you see? Autocalc takes 30-45 sec.
Attached Images

RichW

#stopthestupid

Old 09-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #79
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

unfortunately we are talking about the same things....when i press auto calc it doesn't take 30-45 seconds

i am hoping that since i manually edit every players stats thru the ratings editor that it will make my leagues more realistic...if i am wrong...no words

Last edited by Pinetarpress; 09-11-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #80
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
unfortunately we are talking about the same things....when i press auto calc it doesn't take 30-45 seconds

i am hoping that since i manually edit every players stats thru the ratings editor that it will make my leagues more realistic...if i am wrong...no words
I'm sorry I cant be more helpful. Autocalc works fine every time for me. I'll ask more questions to see if we can figure this out

What is your league date? How many teams? Roster size right now?

Autocalc simulates approx 3 seasons internally so it can be affected by league and roster size, but not to the point you see.

RichW

#stopthestupid